Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:40   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: FIAT-Ferrari in affordable trim - My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
After the car speed-locks at 20kmph, the rear door locks keep on opening and locking continuously.When I open the lock from the driver door, it stops. Again when I lock it, they start again.
If you have observed with a partially shut door, when you try to lock the car automatically (20kmph speed) or manually (Ignoring the door open warning sign), it unlocks immediately to indicate that some door is not shut. This has happened to me too even though all doors appear to be fully shut and no door open alarms. I open and shut the door that was last used and this has always fixed the problem. Your case seems a little more complicated. A sensor on its last legs on one of the doors I guess. I'd identify the troubled one with the weird auto roll down window. Does the window just fall in or is the motor actually rolling down the window on its own?
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:58   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
If you have observed with a partially shut door, when you try to lock the car automatically (20kmph speed) or manually (Ignoring the door open warning sign), it unlocks immediately to indicate that some door is not shut. This has happened to me too even though all doors appear to be fully shut and no door open alarms. I open and shut the door that was last used and this has always fixed the problem. Your case seems a little more complicated. A sensor on its last legs on one of the doors I guess.
Yes, May be you are right, will look into this possibility, Thanks.

Quote:
I'd identify the troubled one with the weird auto roll down window. Does the window just fall in or is the motor actually rolling down the window on its own?
The motor rolls down the window on its own.
Old 2nd September 2014, 18:32   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. After the car speed-locks at 20kmph, the rear door locks keep on opening and locking continuously.
When I open the lock from the driver door, it stops. Again when I lock it, they start again. It doesn't happen everytime. this happened to me twice in the last two weeks. The 60K/4year service is due soon. I will get it checked then. But any pointers from member will help me.
Hemanth,

I have been experiencing this issue in my Punto for the past couple of weeks. A bit irritated with the locks issue. Have been busy, hence not visited the workshop as yet. Do post the issue when resolved.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 20:16   #469
BHPian

Quote:
A couple of small issues troubling my car...

1. After the car speed-locks at 20kmph, the rear door locks keep on opening and locking continuously.
When I open the lock from the driver door, it stops. Again when I lock it, they start again. It doesn't happen everytime. this happened to me twice in the last two weeks. The 60K/4year service is due soon. I will get it checked then. But any pointers from member will help me.

2. Whenever I face the above problem, I also face another issue. The rear left door window automatically rolls down!
Did it start after a thorough water wash? You might ask you technician to open the wire harness circular receptacles near each door hinge and clean it with compressed air. Dry it and refit. You could actually notice quite an amount of gunk inside.

If you can remove the door trims/relevant trim and do the same for all the other electrical connectors within the door panel, that should be worthwhile too. In 4 years, it is likely that dirt and grime has accumulated in some contact.

The sensors are really not too high tech, mostly mechanically actuated or magnetic reed switches, which have inherently high MTBF.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 2nd September 2014 at 20:22.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 11:31   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

To attend a colleague's wedding My car did a small and quick 350km drive two days ago. midway, It reached a magic number of 55555

FIAT-Ferrari in affordable trim - My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion-20140903_182249.jpg
Do I love it? S S S S S!

FIAT-Ferrari in affordable trim - My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion-psx_20140904_004329.jpg
On the Podium for this achievment
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 12:42   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week My car reached the 56K mark.
It's around 2 weeks prior to its 4th year! That's close to 1400Kms per month!

FIAT-Ferrari in affordable trim - My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion-20140913_121512.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 00:08   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been lazy in updating this thread. Its now been 2and a half months since I last posted here!

My car in now 50Months old and officially out of the extended warranty too.

On the Kms front, the 57k was reached on October 4rd during the Dasara Holidays where I had driven to My native place in the western Ghats

FIAT-Ferrari in affordable trim - My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion-dsc_0270.jpg
57K (+1) that is

The drive was beautiful as always, But at one particular curve, Wher I had to yield way to another oncoming Vehicle, I hit an invisible Sharp stone.
The speed must have been around 40Kmph. The sound was loud but when I got out, nothing was visible. So I drove for another 10kms and reached home.

But the next day When the car was being washed,there was a bulge on the tyre sidewall. Disappointed, we put on the spare wheel for the return journey. This was only the second time, the spare wheel was used.

FIAT-Ferrari in affordable trim - My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion-20141003_181207_1.jpg
Somewhere in the Western Ghats

FIAT-Ferrari in affordable trim - My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion-20141011_125742.jpg
Spare wheel...Doesn't look good, does it?

After I came back to Bangalore, I immediately took it to A1 car care centre where I had purchased the tyres. We removed the tyre from the wheel and it was cut from inside. It was evident that I would not get a replacement tyre under warranty as it was not a Manufacturing defect. So the tyre was sent for a repair. It would not be advisable I knew but the 17" branded tyre is exorbitantly expensive and hence I made this decision and put this repaired tyre to the rear

FIAT-Ferrari in affordable trim - My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion-20141011_125248.jpg
The cut

After a couple of days, the tyre was repaired. It cost me 400Rupees. When they were changing the tyre, I saw good accessory in their shop. A fake brembo cover. I purchased that and put it on. Now the wheel looks beautiful as though I have a real brembo caliper.

FIAT-Ferrari in affordable trim - My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion-20141022_082322.jpg
brembo caliper cover
Please note that this fits my car only because of the 17" wheel, the Fiat OE 15" alloy interferes and the caliper cover may have to be cut to fit into that.

After this, I gave my car to the FASS for its 60K, 4 year service at Vecto motors Mysore road. The ODO was 58500 when I gave it.
There were no big issues except for the omnipresent pulling-to-the-left issue.

However For this service I decided to use Shell Helix Engine oil instead of the Selenia oil that they use. I purchased 4 litres at a nearby shell fuel station and gave it to the service centre. All the oils and belts were changed as per the service schedule and as expected it was a pretty big bill of 15K (plus the engine oil).

But as expected the service centre guys have not been able solve the left pulling issue. Now, they attribute it to the new set of wheels that I have put.
The Service executive told that with another set of wheels from another car it s fine but not with this set of wheel. I wonder how it was not solved previously when it had the OE alloys!
I took back the car decided to live with the slightly-pulling-left issue because the FASS guys are just incapable of solving this issue. Disappointing!

I'm now searching for a good mechanic for the next services and if I get one, I may never go to FASS again

Later during the Diwali drive (again to the western ghats), my car reached the 58K
FIAT-Ferrari in affordable trim - My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion-20141022_093219.jpg
ODO milestone number 58

And with November, the car's 50-month Extended warranty also expired. With the ODO at around 58900, it was the slowest month in terms of Kms at 400Kms
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 19:44   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

There are many things that have happened in 2015 already and I have a lot to tell you people. For now, a short summary is here for you

FIAT-Ferrari in affordable trim - My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion-6067.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 22:35   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are many things that have happened in 2015 already and I have a lot to tell you people. For now, a short summary is here for you

Attachment 1334229
Not many things- too many things would be a better guess.

The summary of the pic: 7,000 kilometers, within a month, WITHOUT the month being fully over. But umm- 400+ km per day? You serious? I mean- Even the cabbies don't do that much.

Enjoying your Punto, eh? Let the Linea MJD come- We'll see how the FINMobile sets records then. XD.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 29th January 2015 at 22:46.
FINTAIL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 10:32   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post

400+ km per day? You serious? I mean- Even the cabbies don't do that much.
My Gaa..ad !! Seriously hemanth.anand ??

As FINTAIL has mentioned, have you like rented your Abarth to Zoom Self Drive or something bro ??

Arguably, I think nobody in India (let alone TBHP) have clocked so many miles on a Punto 1.2 in such a short time. I think Fiat must give your some Royalty Rights and put your Abarth into their archives for R&D.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 30th January 2015 at 10:35.
Old 30th January 2015, 11:29   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Ok, I stand corrected...too many things

Quote:
The summary of the pic: 7,000 kilometers, within a month, WITHOUT the month being fully over. But umm- 400+ km per day? You serious? I mean- Even the cabbies don't do that much.
Cabbies drive for a Living, I Live to drive!

Quote:
Enjoying your Punto, eh?
You bet, Yeah!

Quote:
Let the Linea MJD come- We'll see how the FINMobile sets records then. XD.
All the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
My Gaa..ad !! Seriously hemanth.anand ??
Looking behind, I'm getting the same question..."Seriously, did I do it?"
*Pinch* ah! that hurts! looks as though I have

Quote:
As FINTAIL has mentioned, have you like rented your Abarth to Zoom Self Drive or something bro ??
Its a self drive alright, but without rent!

Quote:
Arguably, I think nobody in India (let alone TBHP) have clocked so many miles on a Punto 1.2 in such a short time. I think Fiat must give your some Royalty Rights and put your Abarth into their archives for R&D.
Now, I'm actually curious to know if this is right
Old 30th January 2015, 13:03   #477
Senior - BHPian

Hemant,

I believe that fortnight leave from 9th to 26th jan made you go to places in the Punto and I can think that probably you must be travelling on the GQ attempting some kind of record. Unbelievable run.

When are you going to detail that "too many things"? Are you trying to push off the Abarth by covering a targeted odo so that you can lay hands on the Evo T-jet???
Old 31st January 2015, 20:45   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hemant,

I believe that fortnight leave from 9th to 26th jan made you go to places in the Punto and I can think that probably you must be travelling on the GQ attempting some kind of record. Unbelievable run.
I did go to many places but no record setting GQ run

Quote:
When are you going to detail that "too many things"?
ASAP

Quote:
Are you trying to push off the Abarth by covering a targeted odo so that you can lay hands on the Evo T-jet???
You are absolutely right...I will push off the abarth after covering a targeted ODO.

But will the next one be a Evo Tjet? Absolutely no idea about that my friend.
The GT-twins are the only ones in the current market that I'm liking.
If the lazy company Fiat does launch the Evo Tjet by the time I reach my target, it will be a choice between the two I guess.
But I don't think I'm changing this car in 2015 atleast.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 31st January 2015 at 20:48.
Old 9th February 2015, 12:25   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Your last major upgrade - set of Abarth alloys and premium tyres which are now, i guess over 20K old, its big time that you reward yourself with a stock of good seats from Abarth stable.

Specially after your record 7K drive, you deserve one! Go for it

-UB

Last edited by Eddy : 9th February 2015 at 21:36. Reason: Fixing quotes
Old 9th February 2015, 16:56   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1334229
phew! i thought i was the only one taking pictures of the console every now and then

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks