Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2010, 07:18   #526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubhai View Post
Just joined in the team, big HI to all !

Chethan, you all the other guys here have been providing a fantastic and detailed piece by piece diagnosis of the VW Polo like pro surgeons, so a big thanks.
Soon after booking one myself in mid July, ive been looking up the net for reviews like crazy. This forum & your thread is the best ive come across.
I'll sure know my car a lot better now.
Welcome to Team-BHP!

Thanks for the compliments. Good to know that I was of some help. To tell you frankly, I myself have enjoyed a lot sharing this information. It is difficult to get like minded friends, whose tastes are similar. Suddenly - I see a lot of friends on Team-BHP, who have similar taste & appreciate whatever is discussed.

Which variant have you booked and what color?

Quot by NowWhat?:

My son received the dartboard when I wasn't there. It said "Your new Polo is on its way. Here's something to do before it arrives."

My son was waiting with the tube when I came home. He was obviously very excited.

Made me too very happy, that is, until I came to Team-BHP. I guess I am an old-timer, but to me these silly things do mean a lot.

End of quot

These gestures are very pleasant in-fact. I am also pleasantly surprised that I am getting a present from the manufacturer, after purchasing and owning the car!

My comments on the earlier post was meant to be a joke. Take it easy!!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 29th August 2010 at 07:28.
Old 29th August 2010, 20:19   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
My comments on the earlier post was meant to be a joke. Take it easy!!
Hey Chethan, I wasn't referring to your comments. My apologies if it looked like I didn't like something you said.

Went to VW Downtown today. My 1.6 may have been held up due to the rains. They said it may have reached on Saturday. Anyway it now looks like a couple of days delay but definitely in the next few days.

I already paid for the reverse parking sensor, mud flaps, rubber mats in beige and chrome door sill. None of these are in stock and I will have to wait for a week.

I definitely need chrome door protectors like those on the Innova, not the black rubber ones on the Swift. Does anyone know where I can get this?

Some news while I was there:
  • Vento deliveries start next week. Didn't see one on display though. But I did get the Vento brochure even though Is till don't have a Polo brochure.
  • Some guy totaled a white 1.6 the second day after he bought it. He then booked another 1.6. This has been reported elsewhere also.
Old 29th August 2010, 23:32   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I definitely need chrome door protectors
If you want something to take the knocks, then why chrome? it will get damaged as easily as paintwork.
Old 29th August 2010, 23:58   #529
Senior - BHPian

Try in any good Accessories shop, you should get it. There is one on 4th floor of Koramangala-Forum. Have a look at Kanakapura road, Metro.

IMHO - Go for it only if it is a must - Same rule apply, for any Accessories.
Old 30th August 2010, 09:56   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
If you want something to take the knocks, then why chrome? it will get damaged as easily as paintwork.
No particular reason, just feel that chrome will look better on a silver car than black. Also I have been observing a silver Fabia parked outside my house for the last few weeks and feel the stock black protector doesn't suit it well. I have heard the Swift black protectors fit the Polo without alterations. The Jetta/ Passat I saw yesterday at VW Downtown had chrome protectors.

I have no idea about the efficacy of the chrome ones. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

The black ones worked well on our Esteem. After 6 years I can see lots of scratches and cuts on the protector but the door was saved from minor scrapes while opening.
Old 30th August 2010, 17:25   #531
BHPian

[quote=Chethan B G;2046789]Welcome to Team-BHP!

Which variant have you booked and what color?

Chethan, I just could'nt resist the 1.6, in red.
Palace cross dealer now says TD in mid sept, delivery is a long time away.
I'm fine with all else(as of now), will miss;
1. the aux/ i-pod port.
2. would like to put on the leather-like seat covers.
3. and finally would really like a really good feel of what a driver has hands-on all the time in a car - the steering wheel. A good leather covering (if thats possible)
Old 30th August 2010, 18:57   #532
Senior - BHPian

Chetan,

Any update on the fogging up issue after using the defogger? Everything should be crystal clear now!

Cheers!
Old 30th August 2010, 19:13   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubhai View Post
Chethan, I just could'nt resist the 1.6, in red.
Palace cross dealer now says TD in mid sept, delivery is a long time away.
I'm fine with all else(as of now), will miss;
1. the aux/ i-pod port.
2. would like to put on the leather-like seat covers.
3. and finally would really like a really good feel of what a driver has hands-on all the time in a car - the steering wheel. A good leather covering (if thats possible)
1.6 in Red is a great choice! Real Hot!!

1. I miss them too! But life goes on easily without it. I had about 2500 MP3 songs in a 2GB Pen drive. Now I have segregated the songs by languages and transfered them on to 3 Cd's. I have to change a CD only once in a week - That is OK.

2. In My very very very Honest Opinion - Seat cover is a waste of money.

Reason is: When an additional cover is fitted over the existing seat cover, the entire fit and finish is lost. It looks very shabby. Best way to fit a seat cover is to remove the existing cover and then get the new one fitted - by a good vendor.

Polo seat cover is an excellent one. Why would you remove it on the day one? If it has to be removed, do it after it gets old/damaged. Even though beige gets dirty very fast, it can be maintained. It would cost you Rs.500 to get your car interiors cleaned, once in 6 months. Factory fitted cover will last for atleast 2 years.

Artificial leather seat cover, is not as comfortable as fabric seat covers. Since artificial leather does not breath, it gets quite hot very fast. Better do your home work, before spending your money on this.

3. Leather cover for steering can be good. I have not tried it so far. But as it is, steering grip is good enough. IMO, drive for a month and then decide.

Sorry! I am discouraging you on almost all your plans. We generally get so much excited (that includes me too), that we tend to buy too many things for the car. Half of them will not be used, most of the times. Some of the accessories, will even spoil the look of the car.

This has made me a bit conservative. Don't Mind!!

Edit: Anekho - Did not get a chance to test it. Will get back to you in a couple of days - at the most.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 30th August 2010 at 19:19.
Old 30th August 2010, 20:54   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Try in any good Accessories shop, you should get it. There is one on 4th floor of Koramangala-Forum. Have a look at Kanakapura road, Metro.

IMHO - Go for it only if it is a must - Same rule apply, for any Accessories.
Chethan, will check out the shop at Forum. Went to VW Downtown again today to make the payment. My 1.6 still hasn't reached though it has been shipped. It seems VW is making very few of these, wonder why? I think I will get it sometime this week though.

Don't recollect seeing the Phaeton earlier at VW Downtown. but noticed it on display today. Looks impressive.

I thought Metro (the German megastore for distributors on Kanakpura road) required membership and KA sales tax registration certificate or something. Has that changed?
Old 30th August 2010, 23:35   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
I thought Metro (the German megastore for distributors on Kanakpura road) required membership and KA sales tax registration certificate or something. Has that changed?
You are right. Let me know if you need something.

Anekho, Nowwhat?, Poloman - Tried Defogger settings. It works fine. Defogger position automatically switches off internal air circulation. So, outside air is de-humidified by heater and let inside the car. Had to increase the temperature for effectiveness. Thermostat knob was in 2 O'Clock position. Fan was at speed 2. Absolutely clear - all round.
Old 30th August 2010, 23:51   #536
BHPian

Quote:
You are right. Let me know if you need something.

Anekho, Nowwhat?, Poloman - Tried Defogger settings. It works fine. Defogger position automatically switches off internal air circulation. So, outside air is de-humidified by heater and let inside the car. Had to increase the temperature for effectiveness. Thermostat knob was in 2 O'Clock position. Fan was at speed 2. Absolutely clear - all round.
Yippee!!! Glad it worked.
Old 30th August 2010, 23:57   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's great Chethan!
Old 31st August 2010, 09:16   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
That's great Chethan!
Just curious Anekho - Why have you not started a ownership thread on Toyota Prius? You have not had time? OR You do not want to share your experience?

That is one car my friends have talked a lot about. I feel that - With you on Team-BHP, if we do not know the details of this Car - It is a Shame!!

Hope you give it a thought!!
Old 31st August 2010, 10:11   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Let me know if you need something.
Hi Chethan,

I have already paid for and "booked" the rubber mat from VW Downtown. However if you think the Metro one is better than the one from the showroom then maybe I will go for that one.

Since you have access to Metro, I may however prefer to buy an LCD TV instead. I heard those go for cheap there. Just kidding!

By the way yesterday I noticed that the display vehicle and TD vehicle at VW Downtown have their rear headrests removed. Do you think visibility is better without it when someone is driving alone?
Old 31st August 2010, 12:21   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Hi Chethan,

I have already paid for and "booked" the rubber mat from VW Downtown. However if you think the Metro one is better than the one from the showroom then maybe I will go for that one.

Since you have access to Metro, I may however prefer to buy an LCD TV instead. I heard those go for cheap there. Just kidding!

By the way yesterday I noticed that the display vehicle and TD vehicle at VW Downtown have their rear headrests removed. Do you think visibility is better without it when someone is driving alone?
Electronic items are cheaper outside, then Metro. Try "Devi International" at Madhavan Park Circle, Jayanagar 3rd Block.

Rear visibility in Polo is a bit strange. It only/mainly effects during taking reverse. It is difficult to judge the position & the end of the tail. Since the rear wind-shield is highly placed and also smaller in area - We do not get the required confidence while taking reverse. Removing head rest IMO, will not alter the equation to a great extent.

Rear parking sensors, will solve this problem. Nothing to worry.

Initially, I was thinking that I encountered this problem, since I am used to drive smaller Hatches. But it seems to be bothering people who are used to driving Sedans also. So....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks