Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2010, 08:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Congrats on the Polo...Chethan ! All Black looks smashing...and will look even better with the right film, I too recently got Llumar SR 35 done to my Punto. It's barely legal (atleast in my book .. )but surely adds to the overall appeal of the car !

- B4W
Thanks!
How is SR 35 in terms of visibility?
Old 6th June 2010, 09:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car! Would love to see some more pictures if possible.

I thought black would look really kicker on a German car but for some reason its not looking all that great. Maybe its the lighting or the angles you have chosen. Is it a metallic shade?
Old 6th June 2010, 10:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats on the car! Would love to see some more pictures if possible.

I thought black would look really kicker on a German car but for some reason its not looking all that great. Maybe its the lighting or the angles you have chosen. Is it a metallic shade?
Thanks!

Will post more pics tonight. It is pearl effect Black.

Will take some pics in day light and post.
Old 7th June 2010, 00:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

440 Kms Update with Pics!!

Hi Friends!

Today I and Poloman with our families, had been to Eagleton Golf resort. We enjoyed taking some snaps and also flying kite! After that I and my family had been to Ranganathittu Bird sanctuary near Mysore.

After reaching home the Speedo was reading 441Kms. Fuel indicator was showing more than half tank! I will check FE in a couple of days and post it.

Following are some of my observations:
  1. Water bottle goes in Upright and in no other way!!
  2. Rear wheel brake - SC informed me that it is a Non-Ventilated Disk Breaks. Can any body confirm this?
  3. Foot well is great! Plenty of space. No gaps seen around the place where Paddles are taken in.
  4. Rotary switch knob to turn on head lights and fog lamps are great to touch and feel. Also very simple to use.
  5. Buzzer is activated if we turn of the ignition without turning off the head lights.
  6. MFD shows 17.4 Kmpl at 441Kms, with 60:40 driving ratio. 40% in city.
  7. Shadow of the Chrome inserts which are on the side AC vents, falls on the side view mirror. Can be confusing initially!
  8. 100 KMPH in 4th gear - 3200 RPM.
  9. 100 KMPH in 5th gear - 2500 RPM.
  10. 120 KMPH in 5th gear - 3000 RPM.
  11. It is excellent to drive this car in Highways!! - Really enjoyed it.
  12. I got used to driving in city - Absolutely no problems with Turbo lag!
  13. But the lag is definitely there - Downshifting when required & upshifting at 2300 RPM, is the key.
  14. Clutch feel is very soft - very good.
  15. MFD displays - Outside temperature, Time, Avg FE, Instantaneous FE, Avg speed, DTE, Trip meter, Trip timer, Digital Speedo, ODO meter and Fuel guage!
  16. Very efficient AC. Insulation is also excellent - Even after parking in direct sun light for more then 2 hours, it was not very hot inside the car!!
  17. Music system is very good. Radio is very clear in all stations and bands. CD player quality is fairly good. Overall I did not feel that it is inadequate. But missed USB - Now I am carrying Cd's.
  18. Rear seat leg room is not all that bad, unless 6 feet tall guys sit in both front and back seats simultaneously. This will be very very rare.
  19. Rear vision is quite bad. I will have to get Parking sensor to be confident. Other wise, I am afraid that I might end up like in the center-fresh ad!!
  20. Not much engine noise inside the car. NVH is good! If Music system is on and the volume is at 4, engine can not be heard until we cross 120 KMPH!!
Now - Some pics!!
Attached Thumbnails
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060042.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060043.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060044.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060045.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060046.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060048.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060049.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060050.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060051.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060052.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060053.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060055.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060056.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060057.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060058.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060059.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060060.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060064.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060065.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060067.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060068.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060070.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060071.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060072.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060075.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060119.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060127.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060129.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060131.jpg  

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6060132.jpg  

Old 7th June 2010, 00:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Very nice pictures Chetan!! The Pearl effect black looks lovely in sunlight.
Old 7th June 2010, 00:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures Chetan!!
Loved the way you captured that bird. Amazing!
Can you please tell me which camera you use?
Old 7th June 2010, 01:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Very nice pictures Chetan!! The Pearl effect black looks lovely in sunlight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Great pictures Chetan!!
Loved the way you captured that bird. Amazing!
Can you please tell me which camera you use?
Thanks! Please let me know if you want any specific detail or pic on Polo. I will try my best!

Olympus SP 550 - UZ

This is indeed a very good one. I have worked on optics - IMHO Olympus is hard to beat.
Old 7th June 2010, 01:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

Ah Chethan, fantastic snaps! I see you took my request in the other thread seriously

Your polo looks awesome - some tints will complete the look
Old 7th June 2010, 08:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Ah Chethan, fantastic snaps! I see you took my request in the other thread seriously

Your polo looks awesome - some tints will complete the look
Will get the tint and also Teflon body coat this week! I am trying to catch hold of the Security number plate also. after that, I will definitely post some more pics!

I am going to Kuppam in my car tomorrow. Will be back on Wednesday evening. I will post my updated driving experience after that.

Front grill looks a little bit incomplete. Chrome strip will complete this and add contrast. Hoping to get it in 10 days!!

Second Pic in this post is my favorite. What say you?
Old 7th June 2010, 08:54   #40
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the new purchase. Black looks very classy on a Polo. Please throw some light on the performance figure. How does it compare to the Punto MJD, i20 CRDi and the less-expensive Figo TDCi in terms of driveability and acceleration?
Old 7th June 2010, 08:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pictures Chetan. Are you talking about the chrome strips around the air dam available in international Polo? is it available as an accessory? if yes, I also badly need one.
Old 7th June 2010, 09:00   #42
BHPian

@ chethan

Congrats buddy on your Black Carpet on Wheels. Looks smashing in black but as others pointed its design lines gets covered up. That price is quite steep for a hatch but it shows in the quality and other nick-nacks.

The rear brake as you mentioned is not a ventilated disc brake, its a solid drum brake. Discs do not feature on the present engines we have. They may appear once the super-hot 1.6 TSi enters the arena.

Nice pics and you had another POLO for company.

Have a great ride and keep posting updates on various accounts like service, spares etc

Cheers,
Srinath
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2010, 09:05   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Thanks!
How is SR 35 in terms of visibility?
Well, Visibility from the inside is not an issue at all, it works well for folks like me! The trouble starts when the world outside (read as traffic police) wants to take a look inside your car and realize they arent getting a sufficient view of the occupants. Well I needed it cause, in Delhi, the extreme heat requires the extra shade in the car, more over it looked better on the whole compared to the other ones. If you are going for 3 side (includes the rear windscreen) it will get a bit dark inside. If you just do the side windows and maybe choose a lighter film for the rear windscreen, I think it should work well for you. I think you would need to check this out for yourself considering its Bangalore and your's is an all black car. Do you even need a SR 35 or is it purely for the looks ?

Great pics there, IMHO Polo is a far more refined product overall (not discussing engine here) compared to most cars available on the streets. The finesse is there for everyone to see, just can't take that away from the Polo. Man, I still cant get over the Polo gear shift... best one yet !

- B4W

PS: The photos make the doors look a bit flimsy and sensitive esp around the A/B pillar. Is it just me ? or other too feel that way.

Last edited by better4worse : 7th June 2010 at 09:09. Reason: added PS
Old 7th June 2010, 09:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I am trying to catch hold of the Security number plate also. after that, I will definitely post some more pics!

Front grill looks a little bit incomplete. Chrome strip will complete this and add contrast. Hoping to get it in 10 days!!

Second Pic in this post is my favorite. What say you?
Congrats Chetan on the beautiful Polo, you can check the HSRP Bangalore distributor from here or if you want you can get these shipped directly to your address.

IMHO the chrome strip will not look very great on POLO. I would suggest you to try doing a PS before going for the real Chrome strips. The pics are really good. Looking forward to your detailed review on the 3 pot TDI engine.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Congratulations on the new purchase. Black looks very classy on a Polo. Please throw some light on the performance figure. How does it compare to the Punto MJD, i20 CRDi and the less-expensive Figo TDCi in terms of driveability and acceleration?
Thanks! I will definitely post a comparo by Thursday along with performance figures and FE! May be more pics?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Excellent pictures Chetan. Are you talking about the chrome strips around the air dam available in international Polo? is it available as an accessory? if yes, I also badly need one.
Yes. It is the same chrome strips. With Red you already have the required contrast WRT the blackened part of the front bumper. With black, Chrome strip will add to the contrast given by the head light and the fog lamps. IMO chrome strips will look good on any color. Talk to kishore. It is available in 15 days. Will cost around 3.5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
@ chethan

Congrats buddy on your Black Carpet on Wheels. Looks smashing in black but as others pointed its design lines gets covered up. That price is quite steep for a hatch but it shows in the quality and other nick-nacks.

The rear brake as you mentioned is not a ventilated disc brake, its a solid drum brake. Discs do not feature on the present engines we have. They may appear once the super-hot 1.6 TSi enters the arena.

Nice pics and you had another POLO for company.

Have a great ride and keep posting updates on various accounts like service, spares etc

Cheers,
Srinath
Thanks Srinath! Thanks for the information also. Just wanted to know the difference between Solid drum break and a non-ventilated disk break?

Will definitely keep this thread running on service and spares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Do you even need a SR 35 or is it purely for the looks ?

Great pics there, IMHO Polo is a far more refined product overall (not discussing engine here) compared to most cars available on the streets. The finesse is there for everyone to see, just can't take that away from the Polo. Man, I still cant get over the Polo gear shift... best one yet !

- B4W

PS: The photos make the doors look a bit flimsy and sensitive esp around the A/B pillar. Is it just me ? or other too feel that way.
I wanted sun films for both privacy and cooling effect. But you make me think about 50 SR seriously. Will check on it. Your input on this?

There are definitely better engines around. But polo's is not bad either. Apart from the engine, nothing else can stand up to Polo.

B pillar in Polo is very thick & strong to take care of the safety aspect. Door frame is very sturdy below the glass window. But around the glass, things are made mainly to support the glass window. This is fine. No problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Congrats Chetan on the beautiful Polo, you can check the HSRP Bangalore distributor from here or if you want you can get these shipped directly to your address.

IMHO the chrome strip will not look very great on POLO. I would suggest you to try doing a PS before going for the real Chrome strips. The pics are really good. Looking forward to your detailed review on the 3 pot TDI engine.
Aa thanks Atishi1. I am getting them by Thursday! I will definitely dedicate a post on the 3 pot engine. You can except it by Friday.

Chrome strips are the ones which are on Europian Polo. They look classy. Check there UK site.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/po...ure/models/691

Last edited by Chethan B G : 7th June 2010 at 11:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks