Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2010, 15:13   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinsumant View Post
Yes,I achieved a Mileage of 18 with the tank full method,was with 80-90% AC ON.
It wasnt entirely city though.
80% city & 20% highway.
Ive got a white,so does it not look good with the sunfilms ?Any

Rgds,
Sachin.
Actually, interiors will look more brighter and airy without Sunfilm. For any color.

If you need privacy, it is a must to have it.
Old 18th July 2010, 00:50   #392
Senior - BHPian

Monsoon Camp!

I had been to the VW showroom today to get the AMC activated. However, I was in for a pleasant surprise! Monsoon Free Service Camp was being held by VW (Without informing the Customers!?). Following things were carried out during this Service:
  • Air filter cleaned.
  • All fluid levels checked.
  • Interiors were vacuum cleaned.
  • Body wash.
  • Overall check of the car - Under chassis, Electricals ...etc.
An umbrella was gifted to beat the rain!! - Humor?

Precaution keeping Bombay floods in mind!?

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p7170329.jpg

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p7170331.jpg

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p7170326.jpg

Nice Humor!

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p7170332.jpg
Old 18th July 2010, 01:20   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Bombay Floods... read that as Body Fluids... my mind must be more warped that even I thought!

I like the umbrella, and the tips seem pretty good. Nice thought.

Now... if they'd put more effort into producing those Polos... Please, VW?
Old 18th July 2010, 01:41   #394
Senior - BHPian

AMC for Polo

Service schedule for Polo is as below:
  • First Service is oil-change service done at 15,000 Kms or 1 year - Whichever is earlier.
  • Second Service is Interval service done at 30,000 Kms or 2 year - Whichever is earlier.
  • Third Service is Inspection service done at 45,000 Kms or 3 year - Whichever is earlier.
  • Whatever needs to be replaced during these services, will be done free of cost - for AMC Customers.
  • Cost of AMC for 3 Years - 45,000 Kms is Rs.19,900/- all inclusive.
  • Cost is same for Diesel and Petrol Polo and all variants - TL/CL/HL.
  • 4 Years - 60,000 kms will cost Rs.34,072/- all inclusive. - Since few extra things are changed.
  • Around 1.5% of Invoice value per Year - Sounds VFM.
  • Extended warranty prices are yet to be announced - Expected to be in the range of 7k for 2 years.
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-service-scope-1.jpg

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-service-scope-2.jpg

Overall, I was satisfied with the prices. I have entered in to the AMC for 3 years. I am thinking of extending it to 4 years. I will also avail extended warranty - as and when prices are announced.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I got my car serviced today. People were courteous and my experience was pleasant.

I got the ECU verified for error logs registered. There were none.

I had a small dent on the oil sump cover under the chassis. This was due to a stone hitting the sump on Mysore road, 3 weeks back. Nothing serious.
Old 18th July 2010, 13:57   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Service schedule for Polo is as below:[list][*]First Service is oil-change service done at 15,000 Kms or 1 year - Whichever is earlier.[*]Second Service is Interval service done at 30,000 Kms or 2 year - Whichever is earlier.[*]Third Service is Inspection service done at 45,000 Kms or 3 year - Whichever is earlier.[*]Whatever needs to be replaced during these services, will be done free of cost - for AMC Customers.[*]Cost of AMC for 3 Years - 45,000 Kms is Rs.19,900/- all inclusive.[*]Cost is same for Diesel and Petrol Polo and all variants - TL/CL/HL.[*]4 Years - 60,000 kms will cost Rs.34,072/- all inclusive. - Since few extra things are changed.

Chethan, by any chance did you find out how much the oil-change, inspection and interval service will typically cost if NOT part of AMC?
Old 18th July 2010, 15:10   #396
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in bold, I too got the car checked on Thursday!

Quote:
I had been to the VW showroom today to get the AMC activated. However, I was in for a pleasant surprise! Monsoon Free Service Camp was being held by VW (Without informing the Customers!?).

Even I was amazed that the customers were not informed about the Camp, the service person told me that they have just finished a summer camp and now its the Monsoon camp.

An umbrella was gifted to beat the rain!! - Humor?

I didnt get the rain tips and the Umbrella
Quote:
Service schedule for Polo is as below:
  • Extended warranty prices are yet to be announced - Expected to be in the range of 7k for 2 years.
Sounds very competitive

People were courteous and my experience was pleasant.

This seems consistent across the India, people here in Delhi too were courteous and helpful.

I had a small dent on the oil sump cover under the chassis. This was due to a stone hitting the sump on Mysore road, 3 weeks back. Nothing serious.

Please take care, I saw a thick cover or insulation under the sump, even a small dent means it did hit hard. Hope you were not trying to check the ground clearance, in case you do wish to check the same, better get an ostrich egg rather an a stone. Just kiddin..

Gaurav

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 18th July 2010 at 15:11.
Old 19th July 2010, 00:16   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Chethan, by any chance did you find out how much the oil-change, inspection and interval service will typically cost if NOT part of AMC?
Engine oil capacity must be around 4-5 liters. IMO, if we calculate separately, each service should cost about 6-9 K, depending on the type of service. I think it will cost us 3K more, if we do not have an AMC for the first 3 years. From my past experience, AMC works out better.
Old 19th July 2010, 08:26   #398
Senior - BHPian

I will be getting the rear parking sensors today. Dealer has found out the way to connect all the couplings, without striping any wire! Will update once I come back.

AvonA7 & for people who are interested:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-backpack.html
Old 19th July 2010, 10:11   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Engine oil capacity must be around 4-5 liters. IMO, if we calculate separately, each service should cost about 6-9 K, depending on the type of service. I think it will cost us 3K more, if we do not have an AMC for the first 3 years. From my past experience, AMC works out better.
Thanks, Chethan!

I too will take the 4-year AMC. I guess I can wait a few months after I get the car to take the AMC just as you did, right?

Quote:
I will be getting the rear parking sensors today. Dealer has found out the way to connect all the couplings, without striping any wire! Will update once I come back.

AvonA7 & for people who are interested:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-backpack.html
Looking forward to the snaps and damages!

Use it for a few days and please let us know how essential you think it is. My wife has never used reverse parking sensors before, so I wonder if it will make sense for her.
Old 19th July 2010, 16:44   #400
Senior - BHPian

I got the reverse parking sensors fixed. Looks good - will have to wait and watch.

Also extended AMC to the 4th year. Now - I do not have to worry until 60,000 Kms or 4 years! Rs.34,072/- for 4 years. 7.5K per year. Approximately 1.1% of the invoice value.

There are no damages as such. Very neatly done. I will post some snaps by tonight!
Old 19th July 2010, 17:33   #401
BHPian

Quote:
I got the reverse parking sensors fixed. Looks good - will have to wait and watch.

Also extended AMC to the 4th year. Now - I do not have to worry until 60,000 Kms or 4 years! Rs.34,072/- for 4 years. 7.5K per year. Approximately 1.1% of the invoice value.

There are no damages as such. Very neatly done. I will post some snaps by tonight!
I happened to be present at showroom when parking sensors were getting installed in the car. The workmanship need to be appreciated. Four holes were drilled at the back bumper.

chethan, how are the parking sensors??
Old 19th July 2010, 18:29   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
I happened to be present at showroom when parking sensors were getting installed in the car. The workmanship need to be appreciated. Four holes were drilled at the back bumper.

chethan, how are the parking sensors??
Looks good. I feel confident with it - while taking reverse. Worth spending the money.
Old 19th July 2010, 19:01   #403
BHPian

Quote:
By damages, I meant the cost. Sorry for being colloquial.

Is this the Rs. 4,200 one? Someone had posted earlier that there is also a Rs. 3,700 one.

Pls tell me how useful you find the parking sensors after a few days of use.

Look forward to the snaps.
Old 20th July 2010, 22:12   #404
Senior - BHPian

Chetan, where are the pics with the parking sensors? Are those after-market or from VW?
Old 21st July 2010, 00:19   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
By damages, I meant the cost. Sorry for being colloquial.

Is this the Rs. 4,200 one? Someone had posted earlier that there is also a Rs. 3,700 one.

Pls tell me how useful you find the parking sensors after a few days of use.

Look forward to the snaps.
This is the 3700 one.

OK. But sensitivity is a bit low. If I drive a bit fast, it might not warn me before I hit some thing. I will get it checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Chetan, where are the pics with the parking sensors? Are those after-market or from VW?
This is from VW. I forgot to take snaps during day time. Sorry for that.

Pics:

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p7200342.jpg

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p7200340.jpg

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p7200343.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks