Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:07   #106
BHPian

Sameer, while climbing the stairs I used 1st gear with 4H. I have not had to use 4L so far... except for one situation right at the beginning of my adventures 5 months back, when I managed to get into a swamp with a load of 12 in the Endy, panicked, and used everything at my disposal to get out.

On the uphill drives, 4H with AT was good enough

As you can imagine, while I am setting records for myself, as far as the Endy is concerned, I am barely exploiting it's possibilities!

Last edited by siddheshb : 22nd September 2010 at 16:09.
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:29   #107
BHPian

I had an encounter with Ford on warranty issues with my brake disks, read about it in this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-10000-km.html
Old 23rd September 2010, 11:11   #108
BHPian

Hi Siddhesh,

Good to know that you got the brakes replaced under warranty. It looks like Ford is indeed improving their Customer Service. :-)

btw, You sent your 'complaint email' to the email address found on Ford's web-site or was it some separate email address you had?

It's nice to know that Ford did respond to your email promptly.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:42   #109
BHPian

custmail@ford.com and fordind@ford.com

Don't know which one worked

Actually, while they do mistakes, I have liked their recoveries from those mistakes. A few years back, my Ford Ikon's silencer corroded and a piece came off. The car had done 4 years, wasn't under warranty, I had got a quick weld done from a local mechanic, and yet, Ford replaced the entire assembly for me for free - costing 8000 at that time.

So I shouldn't really be complaining about Ford service..
Old 25th September 2010, 23:31   #110
BHPian

@Siddheshb

This is a fantastic example what the Endeavour can do... I hope you are following the Borneo Equator Challenge link elsewhere on T-BHP.

FORD Everest - Landslide | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 25th September 2010, 23:43   #111
BHPian

Thanks HillBilly, always feels exciting seeing this stuff. You know, I am waiting for my Endy to get a little old, so I won't feel so protective about it... and I want to find a partner I can take along for some of the more scary outings. Last week in Goa, I had to take a U turn on the slope near the top of the DCH fort, and that was really a very, very scary experience!
Old 29th September 2010, 12:41   #112
Senior - BHPian

nice videos, i am planning on coming to Goa on the 18th in my new endy. can you please advice where the zoozoo hills are?
Old 29th September 2010, 13:57   #113
BHPian

If you take the road from Anjuna to Vagator, you see the new Anjuna police station on the right some 200-300 meters from Anjuna market/junction. Right opposite the police station, on the left, there is a small one lane road going up and around the base of the hill.
Old 1st October 2010, 10:34   #114
BHPian

Siddhesh, a sudden thought....have you run-in the engine of your Endy? If yes, what were the speed-rpm limits you followed?
Old 1st October 2010, 10:54   #115
BHPian

Sameer, no, didn't do anything specific to run-in the engine. Don't know if I was expected to, but Ford didn't mention any such requirement. We went to Mahabaleshwar on day 3, and pretty much stressed it out on NH4.
Old 1st October 2010, 11:01   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly View Post
This is a fantastic example what the Endeavour can do... I hope you are following the Borneo Equator Challenge link elsewhere on T-BHP.

FORD Everest - Landslide | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This is a highly modified Endy, not to be tried with stock Endy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
... and I want to find a partner I can take along for some of the more scary outings. Last week in Goa, I had to take a U turn on the slope near the top of the DCH fort, and that was really a very, very scary experience!
Two points. (1) don't go offroading in just your vehicle. You will need another vehicle to pull you out if you get stuck. (2) Go with an experienced offroader, especially somebody mature than just enthusiastic.

BTW, the Endy doesn't have any tow hooks in the rear. Get a custom hook welded to the chassis for easy recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_tangri View Post
Siddhesh, a sudden thought....have you run-in the engine of your Endy? If yes, what were the speed-rpm limits you followed?
In an AT vehicle, it is hard to cross the rpm -limits, it will shift automatically. In fact in the Endy, if you floor the pedal with the gear set to 1, it will not remain at 1 to preserve the auto-transmission.

Last edited by Samurai : 1st October 2010 at 22:33.
Old 1st October 2010, 13:17   #117
BHPian

@Samurai,

Thanks for the clarifications on the rpm. That thought hadn't occurred to me.

The speed though would need to be controlled right? As per my knowledge, it speed should not go over 60 for the 0-500 kms and over 80 for the 500-1000 kms. Is this correct?
And do we really need to run-in the engines of these cars....I mean is there any real benefit as the company never issues any formal guidelines to this effect. Hence I am asking.
Old 1st October 2010, 13:42   #118
BHPian

@Samurai, not to bother answering the "run-in" query. Have found the information at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html.
Old 1st October 2010, 18:55   #119
BHPian

Samurai, thanks for the tips. And yes, you are absolutely right. I need to get the tow hook at the rear, and I need to find some partners to take along. For now, I am trying very basic offroading stuff - nothing of the sort you see in the 4*4 forums here After years of speeding on highways and getting tired of it, just being able to climb some undulating slopes is an absolute high.

Sameer, once you have run-in your Endy, maybe we should hook up, get some other Pune SUV owners together, and have some weekend offroads?
Old 4th October 2010, 11:00   #120
BHPian

Siddhesh, There's just one little problem in running-in my Endy....I have to get it first. :-)

But be assured that the moment I book it (if I am able to complete and manage the financial planning) you would be one of the first to know

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks