Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2017, 07:50   #301
BANNED

Re: My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Go do drive [test] it around in city traffic and 2-Lane congested roads. If you like the AT/Engine performance and fine with the initial engine noise in the south of 80-90 km/h, you should get it. I am yet to get a double digit FE though, the best being 9km/L. I don’t see any reason you don’t like its performance on 4-lane roads, real beast there!
Yesterday I took a TD, here are a couple of observations:
  • Leave the accelerator and engine braking isn't there, it seems like it goes to neutral.
  • Rear is bumpy, no two ways about it. It was literally jumping on the bad patch.
  • Interior quality, fit and finish are very good
  • Auto box at times requires you to ease off the throttle to make it shift up
  • Switching OD off suddenly shifts a gear down, maybe something like a sports mode
  • At times the gearshifts could be felt while accelerating from low speeds

Anything in my observations which directs towards anything wrong?

Quote:
But, are you really looking to buy one?
My running for next 2 years, as a hostel residing student will be on a lower side, probably 500-1000 kms a month. I was initially planning to buy a V Cross, when this deal came into my way. Everyone has their own particular taste, and this American XL size truck is still the best looking SUV to my eyes. I know it won't have a good resale and can prove to be a sitter too, but it appeals me. No other reason to buy one.

Can I expect it to be reliable for say, next 5 years or till 1.5 lac kms on odo?

Quote:
You should get it, NOT for the low price, but for what the vehicle itself is
Well, both the factors in my case. It's just that I want to be sure that the vehicle I buy is reliable and durable enough to work as a lifestyle car as well as a workhorse altogether.

Suddenly spending 15 lac on anything else has started sounding worthless to me, since I drove this Endeavour. I know I want to buy one, but need someone to assure me that this won't give me problems in coming 2-3 years or 50k kms.

Last edited by VKumar : 3rd July 2017 at 07:57.
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 23:05   #302
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Yesterday I took a TD, here are a couple of observations:
  • Leave the accelerator and engine braking isn't there, it seems like it goes to neutral.
  • Rear is bumpy, no two ways about it. It was literally jumping on the bad patch.
  • Interior quality, fit and finish are very good
  • Auto box at times requires you to ease off the throttle to make it shift up
  • Switching OD off suddenly shifts a gear down, maybe something like a sports mode
  • At times the gearshifts could be felt while accelerating from low speeds
Anything in my observations which directs towards anything wrong?
Spot on, especially on the engine braking part. The moment you leave the accelerator, the rpm suddenly drops below 1000 as if it goes to neutral which takes away the fun factor too, to some extend. One needs to be extra-cautious to ease of the throttle most of the time for a smooth driving experience. The 3.0L is a beast though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Suddenly spending 15 lac on anything else has started sounding worthless to me, since I drove this Endeavour.
Agreed again !
This vehicle is a depreciation disaster, but for the first owner. In fact, after seeing it in my possession, multiple persons showed interest owning it, many of them even offered Rs.2L+ than what I shelled out to acquire it.

This is how my beast looks after having received both exterior and interior detailing last week. Looks brand new inside out. Long term reliability is unknown, but I am keeping it as of now.

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-_dsc5950edit3.jpg

Click on the image for a better view !

Last edited by M35 : 23rd July 2017 at 23:19.
M35 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 21:25   #303
AVR
BHPian

Hey Endy owners, Need a little help

I've a 09 Endy 3.0 AT 4x4 with 265/65R17 tyres from the Fortuner. Randomly but frequently, the Endy refuses to go into the 5th gear and the temp gauge goes up a few notches. Slowing down and then accelerating again usually can take it into 5th but its getting irritating at times. Also, if in 5th the engine refuses to go above 115ish and going higher is extremely slow if at all.

Its done 46k, the turbo vane adjustment lever was jammed on full opening so I sprayed some rust-off. Is it possible that the turbo vanes are now getting jammed on the lowest opening and hence running out of steam?

My first automatic so kinda lost on how to diagnose what's wrong so would appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Adi
Old 4th March 2019, 23:17   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Not going up to no.5 means the torque converter isn't allowing the upshift ; plus you also mentioned that the car isn't going over 115kmph.

Maybe the X'mission oil isn't getting cooled enough.

I would recommend a full check of the air path starting with the air filter and then to the turbo then the intake. Open up the bellows/joints and just doing a visual inspection will point to what is abnormal.

Forty six thousand kms is too low for any serious issue to crop up.

You also mentioned that the temp. gauge goes up a few notches. Ideally it shouldn't cross 55% of the temperature gauge range. Check the coolant levels and operation of the fans.

Last edited by vigsom : 4th March 2019 at 23:21. Reason: Additions
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 16:14   #305
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post

Maybe the X'mission oil isn't getting cooled enough.

I would recommend a full check of the air path starting with the air filter and then to the turbo then the intake. Open up the bellows/joints and just doing a visual inspection will point to what is abnormal.

Check the coolant levels and operation of the fans.
Thanks. Will try and see.
The transmission oil is something that can be changed? Or is it sealed?
Old 5th March 2019, 20:28   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the transmission fluid in the Endeavour is good for 150000km or so. Please check the owner manual .

In your case I don't suspect the fluid quality. Just that I am not sure if it is being cooled well.

But it is the air path that I'd urge you to check first.
Old 6th March 2019, 18:04   #307
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I think the transmission fluid in the Endeavour is good for 150000km or so. Please check the owner manual .

In your case I don't suspect the fluid quality. Just that I am not sure if it is being cooled well.

But it is the air path that I'd urge you to check first.
The area around the transmission was rather hot on a trip last weekend to Mount Abu. If it's not being cooled enough, what's that can be done? Just change oil?

Also, the temp gauge went up a bit only during the periods when it couldn't upshift to 5th.
Old 14th May 2019, 21:40   #308

Try getting your EGR valve cleaned or replaced
viggy_81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 16:14   #309
BHPian

Does anyone has any idea if the 2011 4x4 model had locked rear differentials?
Thanks in Advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks