Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

looks cool in this color, congrats on the superb buy.

That mirror above the spare tire, I dont think this is there by default, have you get them installed ?

Also, is the chiller, you mean something for cold drinks etc ?
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
That mirror above the spare tire, I dont think this is there by default, have you get them installed ?
If I remember right, its the default with 3.0L AT 4X4.

Prem.
Old 11th May 2010, 22:28   #18
BHPian

Thank you for all the encouraging compliments guys, it does feel great knowing the car is appreciated not just by it's crazy owner, but a lot more fellow TeamBHPians!

Amit/Prem, the mirror is not standard, it's an accessory. It's not really needed, since the 4x4 has a pretty good reverse camera, but it looks good

I wil post some more pictures of the interiors soon. Yes, it's a little cramped in the third row, and the suspension does hit you a bit on very rough roads, but in general, the car is extremely comfortable. The AC rocks, and even in the summer in Pune, with the mercury touching 40, it's been cold inside! The DVD and sound system is also absolutely super.

I took the Endy (I named her Samara!) to Panchgani/Mahabaleshwar on Saturday, and Mumbai on Sunday - basically on expressway, in heavy city traffic, steep ghats, offroads, and it responded like a beauty. I could hit good speeds on the expressway with a full load of 7 passengers. The ghat was a breeze. And the AT makes city driving completely effortless.

I have owned a Fiesta and an Ikon before, and I am so glad I went for the Endy. It's been a fantastic 10 days/1200 kms so far!

Last edited by ampere : 29th November 2017 at 22:15. Reason: Removed high speed mentions
Old 11th May 2010, 22:29   #19
BHPian

And yes, sorry I missed the other question: the chiller is a mini-freezer. It's detachable, can be plugged into a socket in the boot.
Old 12th May 2010, 06:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
....I have owned a Fiesta and an Ikon before, and I am so glad I went for the Endy. It's been a fantastic 10 days/1200 kms so far!
No further reasons required why you have chosen Endy.
Seems like you are FORD guy

Prem.
Old 12th May 2010, 12:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And yes, sorry I missed the other question: the chiller is a mini-freezer. It's detachable, can be plugged into a socket in the boot.
which socket in boot ? 12 V socket ? Does it has its own compressor ? I guess its used for cold drinks etc.

And yes, I agree with Prem, you are a total Ford guy ! Are they giving discounts to you
Old 12th May 2010, 13:34   #22
BHPian

Yes, there is a 12V socket in the boot, just like the mobile charger socket in the dash. The cooler itself can take 300 ml cans and 500 ml pets, and can be used for cooling up to 20 degrees below ambient and warm up to 65 degrees. There's no compressor, no gases, and from what I could figure out, works on semiconductors.

This isn't really a Ford product, it's one of the dozens other models I could find when I did a Google search. But a great addition to the car's boot nevertheless!

Ford guy, I am, but I wasn't born that way
Old 12th May 2010, 16:12   #23
BHPian

Guys, here are some pictures of the interiors of my Endy.

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-12052010290.jpg

I love the drivers seat! The steering is amazingly light, the AT is smooth and easy to operate, the only confusion comes from the reverse position of the light and wiper controls, as compared to my Fiesta and Ikon. I got the beige steering cover at a local accessories shop, and although the finish isn't that great, I love the fact that it matches so well! The sporty pedals look good. The fuel cap release button is thankfully not under the seat, and pretty conveniently located on the dash. Another switch helps control the brightness of the dash lights. Note: the black floor mats are temporary from a demo Fiesta, I just got the actual beige/carpet Endeavour mats today.

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-12052010292.jpg

This is the view from the middle row. Notice the wood panelling - it's a mini drawer itself, great for hiding some cash or valuables The drop-down DVD screen for the middle and rear rows is still not powering up, need to get the wiring checked up.

Ignore the black mark on the in-dash screen - it's a problem with my camera lens!

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-12052010293.jpg

Middle seats are comfortable, give sufficient leg and head room. Leather quality and finish is great too. Comfortably takes 3 adults.

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-12052010295.jpg

Middle seats split 50-50, each can be folded to provide access to rear row.

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-12052010298.jpg

In-dash provides a host of options including USB, Bluetooth, FM/MW/SW Radio, TV (but not connected in India), DVD, Telephone (via Bluetooth) and Sat Nav (MapMyIndia). Also doubles up as reverse camera.

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-12052010301.jpg

Pretty sophisticated audio system, with myriad options and configurations

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-12052010303.jpg

Mobile phone support is really extensive, providing audio as well as SMS interface. Ability to receive and make calls, access phone book, create/send and receive messages on the go is extremely convenient. Once hooked, you can also use the phone's memory to access and play audio on the car's speeakers.

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-12052010299.jpg

And finally, here's the in-dash Sat Nav from MapMyIndia. I used the in-car unit before, so this was welcome. Does seem to have issues catching the satellites sometimes on cold start, but otherwise works perfectly fine. I do wonder how they will support map upgrades. I couldn't figure it out.

No pictures of the chiller yet. I also need to get the roof rack and headlamp guard installed.

Guys, any comments on the rear ladder on the Endy? I kinda like it, but some others have told me it gives the Endy the look of a mini-bus What do you think?
siddheshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2010, 17:44   #24
BHPian

Congrats.
Great thread. Having moved from Ikon to Fiesta myself, I am already thinking of Endy as my next vehicle.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:39   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and the suspension does hit you a bit on very rough roads
What size wheels is your Endeavour running? If its 16 or 17, you could try downsizing by an inch and thus, having that much more cushiony rubber (net diameter remains the same). Combine that with comfort-oriented tyres + running a PSI or two less in the city...ride comfort could greatly improve.

Of course, end of the day, you have a "vintage" leaf spring rear suspension, so there is only so much one can do.

Quote:
Pretty sophisticated audio system, with myriad options and configurations
Whoa! You can say that again. The interface of your OEM HU is as good / better than my after-market '10 Pioneer double-din. And I paid over 25 grand for the unit alone!
Old 14th May 2010, 00:46   #26
BHPian

GTO, thanks for the tips. I have already reduced tire pressure, and it's much better now. Will start experimenting with the tires sizes once I have got through some of the other "get to know my Endy" experiments The AT and its options (3, 2, 1), the 4WD, the Over-Drive Off - these are still pretty new, and I am just figuring out the best way to make use of them!

I am still scared to really throw the Endy at the really bad offroad stuff... any pictures from other owners on what they've put their Endys through will be good motivation!

I am searching for a good ladder, haven't found one in Pune yet. Will check in Mumbai next time I am down. If anyone has specific information on where I can find them, do PM me. Thanks in advance, guys.
Old 14th May 2010, 18:22   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If you want to add some bling, I highly recommend you to stop by this thread. I absolutely love what he's done to his Endy.
Old 16th May 2010, 20:41   #28
BHPian

Nice, got my mouth watering! Mine has a long way to go, but I hope to have a run for the title at some point... I saw a couple really good ones this weekend at ESquare in Pune, simple but elegantly done, but didn't have a camera to capture them. Am looking out for some reliable guys to work on her, let me know if you guys know anyone in Pune I can trust!
Old 23rd May 2010, 13:51   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What size wheels is your Endeavour running? If its 16 or 17, you could try downsizing by an inch and thus, having that much more cushiony rubber (net diameter remains the same). Combine that with comfort-oriented tyres + running a PSI or two less in the city...ride comfort could greatly improve.
You mean, I should reduce the alloy wheel size (diameter) from its current 16 to something like 14 or 15, and get tires with a higher aspect ratio from its current 245/70, so that I get more rubber and less alloy on the diameter, this improving the cushioning factor?

This is opposite of using low profile tires, where the aspect ratio is reduced and also tire width is increased - which I did to my Fiesta and Ikon. Right?

I have seen some pretty cool modifications on SUVs where the tires used are much fatter than normal. For that, I need to get broader alloys and then fit tires with more width, is that correct? Are there any possibilities of doing that with the Endy, given that I have seen some complaints of the tires hitting sidewalls during turning? It would give better grip on the roads, but also increase fuel consumption.

Sorry for so many questions... any answers will really be appreciated!
Old 23rd May 2010, 16:20   #30
BHPian

Roof Rack?

I got a roof rack - desperately need it when travelling with luggage and a full complement of passengers, but I am not sure it goes well with the overall look of the car. Cannot decide, really. What do you think guys, should I keep it or take it off?

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-23052010354.jpg
siddheshb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks