Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2013, 22:47   #271
BHPian

Re: My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4

@ssh1979, interesting question you ask! No, I didn't specifically ask for it; I assumed Ford RSA would send the right vehicle.

Actually, a few months back, my old Fiesta needed towing, and they sent this really cool flatbed truck with movable ramps and winches, and I was so impressed seeing the professionalism and convenience it afforded.

So when it came to the Endy, I guess I assumed they would do it And I was right.
Old 16th January 2014, 18:08   #272
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hi Siddesh,

It has been quite sometime that you updated your thread. I would like to know how your beast is doing...
Old 16th January 2014, 18:16   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Hi Siddesh,

It has been quite sometime that you updated your thread. I would like to know how your beast is doing...
@MAS, thanks for the ping! Just been terribly busy @ work, and haven't realy got too much time to write meaningful posts, I guess! Also, been away from the meets and stuff, unfortunately.

Samara is doing wonderfully well.. almost 70,000 now, 3.5 years old already. But still growling and prancing around like she did the day I got her! Very little trouble, so I am wondering if the 4 years warranty was worth it, lol...

Oh yes, the wooden colored trims on the left door handle and the tray in the dash had come off on the edges a little bit, and Ford replaced it under warranty - so that was pretty good!

My Yokos have now done almost 35K, and still look good to go for another 20K at least - compared to the OEM MRFs which wore off within 35.

And yes, in the last few weeks, the FE has gone from the usual 6.5 to 8, and nothing really has changed on my end... I did get the engine carbon cleaned, but I had done that once earlier too, and it didn't make much of a difference.

Stay tuned; will let you know the moment I get time for some masti with her.
siddheshb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 00:27   #274
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much for the update. That is fair bit of driving the Endeavour.

I have posted two queries in my ownership thread here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3346490.

Please let me your thoughts and inputs.
Old 17th January 2014, 09:48   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
And yes, in the last few weeks, the FE has gone from the usual 6.5 to 8, and nothing really has changed on my end.
This would be due to winter & temperatures in Pune these days.
Old 11th September 2014, 02:38   #276
BHPian

any update on the vehicle, I am getting a 24k run ford endeavour 3.0l AT 4x4 tomorrow, pretty excited for that. Just wanna check what i need to keep up with
Old 11th September 2014, 15:29   #277
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
any update on the vehicle, I am getting a 24k run ford endeavour 3.0l AT 4x4 tomorrow, pretty excited for that. Just wanna check what i need to keep up with
Congrats! You should be. Endy has excellent road presence. Post pics as many as you can.
Old 11th September 2014, 17:47   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Congrats! You should be. Endy has excellent road presence. Post pics as many as you can.
its 2011 and i am getting it for 11.25 is that a good price?
Old 12th September 2014, 10:52   #279
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
its 2011 and i am getting it for 11.25 is that a good price?
9 to 11 appears to be the going rate for 2011 Endy's. Colour ( white/black preferred ), mileage and condition apart, a lot also depends on his urgency to sell and your urgency to buy. No two used car purchases are the same. It's like a signature deal, each unique in its own way. So, go ahead, haggle and hide your urgency and you will get yourself a good deal.
Old 17th September 2014, 00:59   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
9 to 11 appears to be the going rate for 2011 Endy's. Colour ( white/black preferred ), mileage and condition apart, a lot also depends on his urgency to sell and your urgency to buy. No two used car purchases are the same. It's like a signature deal, each unique in its own way. So, go ahead, haggle and hide your urgency and you will get yourself a good deal.
So I got the Ford Endeavour for 11.25. Only problem, the sound system is just too complicated :/ I couldn't firgure out the aux input for it. Anyone know how to get Audio Input working on it?
Old 26th February 2015, 20:13   #281
BHPian

V12Doc, welcome to the Endy family - and get used to the attention on the road! 11.25 for a 4x4 3L Endy that's done just 24K is a steal man - mine is about to hit 5 years, and at 80K is still purring like she was on day one, notwithstanding all the abuse I have put her through!

Yes, the entertainment system is a handful - and 5 years later, I am still figuring out how it all fits in Have you found the USB connector in the glove box? That's where all my music sits. Sometimes, I connect to the music on my cell phone through Bluetooth. The movie DVDs usually go into the overhead unit, so my daughter can control it with the remote without disturbing me. Haven't needed the Aux connector (I don't think there is one ), although I have tried connecting my camcorder directly to the overhead unit through the AV cables.

Let me know if you figure it out!

Last edited by siddheshb : 26th February 2015 at 20:15.
Old 6th April 2015, 00:23   #282
BHPian

A few days before her 5th anniversary, I finally got her tints removed - was getting far too difficult to avoid the cops in Pune, and had pretty much been banned from Mumbai for the last couple of years.

Need to see what impact it has on AC, especially with Pune already hitting 36 this week... but now, at least, I can take her again to Mumbai and smile at cops at all of Pune's junctions, without having to stop and pay the fines and plead with them to spare the knife!

Any suggestions on accessories/transparent heat resistant screens?
Old 27th May 2015, 11:09   #283
BHPian

Samara completed her 5th year last month, and is just a few kms away from 80,000.

The Yokohama Geolander tires I put on her are doing great - clocking over 45,000 and looking good to go for at least 10,000 more without problem.

The engine and body are also in perfect condition. The only real maintenance I have had to do recently is to replace the engine timing belt, which is recommended after 70-80K kms. I had a little bit breaking off on one of the wooden door trims last year, and Ford graciously replaced it in warranty.

One problem that has been nagging though is the engine belt which starts screeching once in a while, especially immediately on start up or when I gun the throttle.

Overall, a wonderful 5 years - and look forward to many more!
siddheshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 18:38   #284
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
One problem that has been nagging though is the engine belt which starts screeching once in a while, especially immediately on start up or when I gun the throttle.
Spray a bit of WD-40/belt conditioner and that should fix it. Else, ignore it, you are driving a truck..!!

Congrats on the fifth anniversary and wishing you in advance for the 10th one now.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 10:26   #285
BHPian

I could almost swear that cars have a mind and a heart. From the time Myra has come home, Samara has been throwing tantrums. I first had to replace her engine timing belt, which cost around 25K, and now the bummer - she has been at the ASC for the last 2 weeks which the technicians, after a week of testing, now say is a broken clutch plate inside the gear box. Unless the child parts are available, and they say they need to check with Ford technicians in Chennai for that, the cost of replacing the gear box: a cool 5.5 lakh.

Quick question to the forum gurus - there has to be a more realistic solution to this, right? If the gear box can be disassembled, then there has to be a way to replace the child part! Agree?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks