Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2013, 10:40   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Yes, an Amaron. It was puffed, and the technician said it might be getting overcharged due to higher charge current or something like that.
Hi Sid, Thought as much it would be an Amaron. With the 36/48 month warranty with the depreciation amounts kicking in after 18 months. Try and get a higer Ah Amaron (Flo/Go) as a replacement. As the vehicle ages cranking gets that much more tiresome for the battery - hence better to have a more powerful battery, as the time goes by, as compared to the OE.
As far as the puffing is concerned - it could also be due to low water levels in the cells brought about by not topping up frequently. However the primary cause is generally as explained by the mundu.
However it means that you would need to check up and service the alternator (only if required- after checking the charging levels) and the regulator which cuts off the charging after a point of time. They might advice you to change the regulator or cut off as some mundus (grease monkeys !) refer to it.
Old 26th March 2013, 12:23   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

If it was a battery failure, why did they tow it rather than replacing the battery on ther spot?
Old 26th March 2013, 17:04   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
If it was a battery failure, why did they tow it rather than replacing the battery on ther spot?
Errr...Anand - Sid would say " Stop trampling my tows !"

Possibly because they didn't have a spare new battery and/or one of Sid's choice and/or because they had to also check up the alternator/regulator etc before fitting in the new battery and/or because for warranty cases they had to go back to the Ford ASC - endless possibilities really, knowing the ASC types !

Last edited by Guderian : 26th March 2013 at 17:06.
Old 29th March 2013, 15:11   #259
BHPian

Anand, simply because it was midnight And, as Guderian Sir suggested, they did need to check what the root cause could be.

Turns out, I now have a new battery, and things are back to normal. They have yet to refund me the depreciated value of the old battery, though. Amaron wanted to verify the problem with the battery before agreeing to it.
Old 29th March 2013, 15:23   #260
BHPian

A few quick pics from my Kashid trip this week...

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc05441.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc05446.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc05448.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc05455.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc05471.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc05644.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc05673.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc05844.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc05869.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc05894.jpg
siddheshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 16:17   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Guderian Sir

2. Turns out, I now have a new battery, and things are back to...
1. You are kidding right ? Or is this your way of making me feel old ? Which of course I am not...

2. Did they check the alternator and regulator/cut off ?

Quote:
A few quick pics from my Kashid trip this week...
Nice snaps !

How about that overdue Endeavour-Fortuner shoot out ? Anyway the results are predictable...
Old 29th March 2013, 16:42   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

OK, great.
So what was the root cause of the battery failure?

BTW, nice snaps.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 17:18   #263
BHPian

Root cause of battery failure - Ford ASC says the battery was faulty (it's 3 years old anyway, so not sure it's a big failure ) No fault with electricals, apparently.

Amaron is yet to pronounce judgement.

Guderian Sir (The Sir comes as a package with Guderian, I cannot change that!), about the shootout - last I checked, the Fort had chickened out
Old 30th March 2013, 07:05   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Amaron...
2. Guderian Sir (The Sir comes as a package with Guderian, I cannot change that!), about the shootout - last I checked, the Fort had chickened out
Hey Sid,
1. Which Amaron did you get as replacement ? How much did you pay for it ?

2. Chickened out ? The Endeavour didn't even show up at the OK Corral for the shootout. And the Tuna (as the SA owners call the Fortuner) didn't want to hurt the feelings of the Endeavour and so sat in the shade sipping a drink.
How about April 7th ? Endeavour Vs Fortuner at Rajmachi ? Or any other good place you can think of?

Last edited by Guderian : 30th March 2013 at 07:08.
Old 30th March 2013, 22:22   #265
BHPian

Guderian Sir,

6000 - and I am not sure which Amaron. It works, that's all I was worried about. I will get 2000 or so as discount against warranty, after depreciation. I will check and let you know which one they've fitted on the vehicle.

April 7 is gonna be difficult - have family coming over, and Samara is on duty to take them to Shirdi! Later in the month, maybe.

OK Corral - I have no idea what that is, I wasn't invited :(
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:25   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. 6000 - and I am not sure which Amaron.

2. April 7 is gonna be difficult...

OK Corral - I have no idea what that is, I wasn't invited :(
Hey Sid,
1. It's a nice deal for 4K after the discount comes in. Do check and let us know which Amaron it is and the specs - Ah etc.

2. Hmmm...another chickening out spell I see.

OT

3. I guess for having to be invited to the last OK Corral get together you should have been a wee bit older.
This should help you prepare:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfigh...he_O.K._Corral
Next time I'll see to it that you are sent an invitation.

Giddyap !
Old 3rd May 2013, 13:37   #267
BHPian

Samara had her 3rd birthday (and 55555 kms) on the 30th of April, and to celebrate, we (4 adults and 2 kids and lots of shopping) piled into her and set off for Goa.

It was hot and humid until we hit Kolhapur, but then the rain clouds enveloped us in beautiful weather, and by the time we hit Belgaum, the chilly winds and drizzle really made it a lovely drive. We tried out a ne route through Chorla Ghat this time - and even though you have to get through Belgaum city (still retains its charm as a quaint hill station and shopping paradise for Goans), the road is in excellent shape (though a tad narrow and winding for my taste), and highly recommended for sedans driving into Goa from Mumbai/Pune/Kolhapur.

With the kids and multiple stops for grub, pics and nature's calls, it was a long day - but when you are headed to Goa in one of the best SUVs in the country, you can't really complain much, can you?
siddheshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 00:35   #268
BHPian

Wonderfull thread. Very happy to see 'Samara' serving you very well without a fuss.
This thread has rekindled my desire for the endeavour which i had right from the day i saw the first version in the autocar magazine 10 years back.
All the apprehensions of high maintenance cost and reliability of the Endeavour has gone for toss thanks to your thread.

Am planning on getting a pre-'worshiped' 2007-2008 endeavour from Maharashtra with decent mileage hopefully in my limited budget of 8 lakhs. Since second hand Endeavours are really hard to come by in Goa.
If i don't get a an endeavour for that price then i would have to settle for a Scorpio which will never give that larger than life, king of the road feeling.

This thread truly deserves all those 5 starts!!
Please keep this thread updated and wishing you many miles of blissful driving with 'samara'.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 13th May 2013 at 00:39.
Old 15th June 2013, 13:29   #269
BHPian

Interesting series on Nat Geo - My Endeavour. Celebrities like Chetan Bhagat, Rajeev Khandelwal, Karun Chandok and Gul Panag on a journey through the interiors of India on their gleaming Endeavours Sadly, I wasn't home when they came to invite me to participate :(

Today, it's Rajeev in Arunachal Pradesh; feels good seeing the beautiful black AT beast prowling the jungles!!
Old 25th July 2013, 22:19   #270
BHPian

Sid, glad to hear from you regular updates the 3+ year journey of Samara.

Re: tow truck, did you specifically ask for that one which lifs both sets of wheels off the road? Good that you were able to get it.
Once I had to get my Endy, actually ex-Endy :( towed and I was this in remote village area. They first brought a regular tow van with those hooks/ropes and I found it hard to explain the RWD, auto-box thing. I had to call the head mechanic of the nearest Ford dealership 100 kms away and he arranged a vehicle delivery truck from his nearby Audi dealership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks