Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 19:59   #196
BHPian

Re: My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4

@ishotmydog, thank you! (that's a real scary handle man )

@MileCruncher, thank you, and yes, Goa in the monsoon should be one hell of a trip. Just hope there aren't as many kalti kings as we had during the Rajmachi dash.

@n.devdath, am booking your slot, and look forward to seeing you soon! Can't wait for the monsoons to start!
Old 23rd June 2012, 00:54   #197
BHPian

Congrats Siddesh on completing 2 years with the Endy!! Here's wishing you many more happy miles and years with Samara.

I had convinced myself that around this time next year I would buy the T-fort however, having read this thread I am now leaning towards the Endy (of course it would depend on how comfy the family feels in the back seat). BTW, this is one of the few threads that I have read from the first post to the last with many "sub threads" in between.

Has you or any other bhpian been in the back seat of the T-fort and the Endy back to back on similar roads? Also, how is the ICE on the T-fort compared to the one on the Endy?
Old 23rd June 2012, 01:22   #198
BHPian

Thanks, HKap! Cannot talk about the T-Fort, but the ICE in the Endy rocks - great sound system, two very good DVD players, ability to split zones inside the cabin, integrated Bluetooth/phone, Satnav, connectivity to SD Card, AV, USB and everything else you need, auto-switch to phone/Satnav instructions... it goes on and on.

In terms of ride quality, the first and second row comfortably seat 6 adults, the last row can take 1-2 kids and they love it. It can also be used as a nice bed with a little cushion and blanket. For long trips, you generally use it for the luggage.
siddheshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 03:07   #199
BHPian

Hi Siddesh this is a lovely thread. Congrats on completing 2 niggle free years. So glad you did not buy a 3 series. The tiny Germans are agile but will never make you feel like you own the road.
I think you and I are the only ones with female 4wd's on the forum. Mine's nicknamed Snow, short for Snowwhite.
Hope the Goa drive comes thru, will view the pics when I get the chance.
Old 23rd June 2012, 18:05   #200
BHPian

Offroadie, thanks man I am sure the ride will come through - but the question right now seems to be, will the rain come thru??

Snow and Samara should get together soon for some girly talk.. lol...
Old 9th July 2012, 23:01   #201
BHPian

Hi all,

Any news on the release date of the face-lift/ new Endeavour? Am looking for the Endy, but don't know how much I might wait out.
Old 10th July 2012, 08:03   #202
Senior - BHPian

@220

The facelift endy is coming in September end (pretty much confirmed, +/- a couple of weeks) but expect a price hike of around 50-75K.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 11:10   #203
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
@n.devdath, am booking your slot, and look forward to seeing you soon! Can't wait for the monsoons to start!
Yup, my slot stands confirmed, just let me know the dates in a week or two in advance.
Old 10th July 2012, 11:19   #204
BHPian

@n.devdath, I did a "dry run" this weekend, and man, it was beautiful. I missed the company of other SUVs, because along the way, there are some amazing spots for offroading - but didn't want to get stuck somewhere with my wifey and kid!

I will be going to Goa again around the long weekend of 15th Aug. Should we start planning around that?
Old 10th July 2012, 14:11   #205
BANNED

Quote:
@n.devdath, I did a "dry run" this weekend, and man, it was beautiful. I missed the company of other SUVs, because along the way, there are some amazing spots for offroading - but didn't want to get stuck somewhere with my wifey and kid!

I will be going to Goa again around the long weekend of 15th Aug. Should we start planning around that?
Yes, sounds perfect to me Siddesh.
Old 14th July 2012, 19:03   #206
BHPian

Some quick pics from my drive down to Goa last week.. this was at Amboli, just before we climb down into Konkan. Highly recommended during the rains, the hill station is one of the few unspoilt, non-commercialized places around. The JRD has some nice cottages, and I believe MTDC also runs a setup. Great place for hikes, bathing under dozens of waterfalls, mixing around with the locals, walking through verdant fields and enjoying the amazing simplicity of village life.

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc03850.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc03852.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc03854.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc03855.jpg

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-dsc03859.jpg
siddheshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2012, 10:52   #207
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Yes, sounds perfect to me Siddesh.
Hi Siddesh,

Priti has applied for leave on the 16th and 17th of August and we plan to leave Bangalore on the 14th evening/night and reach Goa on the 15th, unfurl the national flag and stay in Goa till the 19th and then drive back to Bangalore on the 19th so that we reach home, sleep and hit the grind from the 20th.

Does this suit you?
Old 13th August 2012, 18:20   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi Siddesh,

Priti has applied for leave on the 16th and 17th of August and we plan to leave Bangalore on the 14th evening/night and reach Goa on the 15th, unfurl the national flag and stay in Goa till the 19th and then drive back to Bangalore on the 19th so that we reach home, sleep and hit the grind from the 20th.

Does this suit you?
Sorry man, been out of here for some time :(

I will very much be in Goa - and can catch up with you, although I do not think I will have Samara with me this time. To make up for this, I would love to invite you over to my home - a beautiful old Goan house with lots of history and fun. Let me know, I think you will enjoy meeting my folks too. We can also go for some local drives, I can show you some parts of Goa only a Goan can take you to!
siddheshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 18:39   #209
BANNED

Quote:
Sorry man, been out of here for some time :(

I will very much be in Goa - and can catch up with you, although I do not think I will have Samara with me this time. To make up for this, I would love to invite you over to my home - a beautiful old Goan house with lots of history and fun. Let me know, I think you will enjoy meeting my folks too. We can also go for some local drives, I can show you some parts of Goa only a Goan can take you to!
That sounds super Siddesh, we can meet Samara sometime else, when I m at Pune or you at B'lore.

We intend to leave B'lore tomorrow evening and this could be postponed by a day if some developments that are expected, take place. If you could PM me your cell phone number, I will call you when we leave B'lore and when we reach Goa. We are staying at the National Institute of Oceanography Guest House. I do not know where it is but I will find out.

The others continue their silence so I guess it will be just you and us this time.
Old 21st August 2012, 16:53   #210
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you Siddesh for the amount of time and affection you showered on us during our visit to Goa.
Your house, nay, bungalow is straight out of a fairy tale and impeccably maintained and very cosy.

Your parents were full of warmth and they made us feel at home immediately.

Sanam was treat to meet and Madhavi the perfect hostess.

Thank you for showing us some splendid views and insights of Goa that only a Goan could have given us. God Bless.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks