Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2011, 19:28   #151
BHPian

Re: My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4

Finally got a bull bar worthy of her... original equipment from Planet Ford. How is she looking?

My Ford Endeavour 3.0L AT 4x4-photo_3b5b95a811d77107ab6abc5b1ecbf871.jpg

ps: Please excuse the grainy photo, took it on a mobile in weak light.

Last edited by siddheshb : 7th April 2011 at 19:38.
siddheshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2011, 19:30   #152
Senior - BHPian

You gonna scare ppl out of your way soon. BTW, I dont see our company sticker, is it hard to roam around in city?
Old 7th April 2011, 19:37   #153
BHPian

Which company sticker?

Not at all hard to roam in the city - it's amazing how easy the drive is... first of all, folks get out of the way! Secondly, with an automatic gearbox, you can almost sleep while driving
Old 7th April 2011, 20:31   #154
BHPian

One Year Report

Just got Samara back from her one year/3rd free service, a couple of weeks before the due date, at 18000 kms. Total cost - ~ 5000, mostly for engine oil and the brake pads. Also got her a wax polish from 3M, but that is like spending on the parlour, and is not to be counted in maintenance expenses

Overall, after throwing the car into city traffic, expressways, ghats, farms and fields, kaccha roads, hillocks, beaches, swamps and rivulets, with up to 13 people crammed in at one time, or 6-7 teenagers clinging to the sides, I can safely say there's very little she cannot do

There is not a single niggle, no rattles, and she looks and behaves like she did that first day I took her out of the showroom.

The only issues I had in the last 12 months:

1) Wearing out of the brake shoes - got them replaced for free at 10,000 and just needed to replace the rubber pads in this third servicing. Since there's no engine braking, the brakes take some heat.

2) An intermittent noise from the engine compartment, which was ultimately tracked to a lose screw in the air filter assembly and promptly fixed

3) A terrible rattling noise in the under body, which ended up being a large metal stone lodged inside the engine guard

Simply been a wonderful experience, never felt so safe, secure, and assured, no matter where we go and in what driving conditions. Having such a big car also means a lot more fun on picnics, whether you carry along your extended family, or a large bunch of friends.

Anyone looking for a SUV - go for the Endy, don't think twice!
Old 8th April 2011, 17:19   #155
BHPian

Hi,

I have purchased the Chevy Cruze LTZ AT in Jan this year. Just couldn't convince my family for the Endy. :-)

Regards,
Sameer.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:00   #156
BHPian

Dearest T-BHPians: this is my first post. I wrote a rather long introduction to myself and I will post that someday

I was in a dilemma where to post this: Samurai's, .anshuman's or siddhesh's thread! Anyways here goes.

I have booked the 3.0 4x4 AT on June 15 and waiting for delivery which will take another 10 days maximum, the dealer tells me. I have booked at MPL Ford, Chennai. Apart from a "Corporate" discount of 40K, they gave me nothing, not even the 10K free voucher available to other "non-Corporate discount" buyers. Anyways, more of buying/booking experience later when I start my own ownership thread.
As the days wear on, I am growing impatient waiting for the beast.

Sturdy build of a proper SUV (in .anshuman's own words )
Cost
Auto-box and responsive engine
4x4 with decent offroading capabilities
Equipment levels
- were my prime reasons for choosing the Endeavour. I test drove the Endeavour, Pajero and the Tuscon before zeroing in on my choice. The Endeavour to me is a no nonsense SUV.
Old 14th July 2011, 19:33   #157
BHPian

Join the gang, @ssh1979. Looking forward to your first experiences once you get delivery of your beautiful beast. Which color did you book?

I just came back from a 2 day trip to Ajanta Ellora, and my Endy is about to complete 25000 kms in just over a year and 2 months Will be posting the trip update in another thread on the Excursions and Trips forum.
Old 14th July 2011, 19:40   #158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
I test drove the Endeavour, Pajero and the Tuscon before zeroing in on my choice. The Endeavour to me is a no nonsense SUV.
Congrats..!!!

Amongst the vehicles you ve driven, the Endy makes the most sense to me. But why didn't you try out the Fortuner? Or did you and not like something there?
Old 19th July 2011, 14:00   #159
BHPian

@siddeshb thanks! I booked the Panther Black. I'm looking forward to reading your recent experiences and I have to say you are making me impatient to get hold of the vehicle. I'm already upset that it has been further delayed by a week due to some activity at the plant surrounding the new Fiesta launch :|

@n.devdath In all probability, it might be just me, only me, but the Fortuner's looks (and the name as well) was not appealing to me. To add, the Endeavour was a vehicle I had been tracking since the older model and been saving up to buy; I just couldn't bring myself to throw it all away and turn to another model, Fortuner or otherwise.
Old 20th July 2011, 00:02   #160
BHPian

@ssh1979, you made the right choice, and every day you drive your new baby, you will be reminded of this, By the way, interesting reason not to buy the Fortuner - the name - I kinda felt the same, but never dared say it out aloud

Couple of other tips for you with your Endy...

1) Do not buy the dealer-provided refrigerator/cooler - too expensive, and it's not "fitted" anyway. You can get similar stuff outside at much lower cost.

2) As far as possible, do not buy the roof rack - the Endy doesn't look too good with it, and in all my travels, I have not had to use it - as long as you travel light, or carry less than 6-7 folks. I can sell you mine if you need it

3) The mirror on the spare tyre is another appendix - pretty useless, especially since most of it's view is blocked by the spare tyre, and your vehicle will have a sexy reverse cam anyway. Buy it only if you like the look of it on your Endy

4) I loved the Endy bull bar given by the dealer these days - buy it, though it's expensive again

5) Get max warranty - always works best on cost cutting with Ford

6) Ask where/how you can update your MMI navigator maps (and let me know )

And finally,

Learn a few tricks on keeping your wife/girl friend happy - she will feel super jealous of you and your Endy, and you will need every trick in your bag to keep her pacified!

Last edited by .anshuman : 20th July 2011 at 09:28. Reason: Please limit the smiley usage to max. 2 per post. Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 00:55   #161
BHPian

I was in Aurangabad, Ajanta, Ellora last week - check my post in the travel/routes section for a trip report

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2436645
Old 26th July 2011, 08:19   #162
BHPian

Dear All,

I just completed one year of owning the Endy. Whilst its a travelogue, but I guess all thos coming on to this post may benefit from reading it as it talks about the performance of the Endy on long drives (6700kms). http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ne-driver.html

Administrator: I hope its OK to have posted this link...

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Finally got a bull bar worthy of her... original equipment from Planet Ford. How is she looking?

Attachment 528325

ps: Please excuse the grainy photo, took it on a mobile in weak light.
How much did the bull-bar cost? Looks very impressive. And I want to put one on Xena immediately.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th July 2011 at 04:48. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 26th July 2011, 18:07   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
How much did the bull-bar cost? Looks very impressive. And I want to put one on Xena immediately.
Don't recollect exactly, will need to check my bills - but I think it was around 25-30K. But yes, with it, the Endy gives a whole new meaning to menacing

Xena is a lovely name - and she should meet Samara soon!
Old 27th July 2011, 20:37   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow I can't believe I missed this thread for so long...awesome job narrating, Siddhesh and congrats on Samara! Truly one of the nicest ownership threads I've had teh pleasure to read on the forums.

I devoured it all in one go, but havent' seen any of the videos because of firewall restrictions at work. Not to worry, will be back for those, plus the travelogue spinoff threads!

I did a quick check on carwale and it tells me OTR for this beast is 23.x lacs. I think that's just fantastic- the Endy is the only vehicle that LOOKS like a true truck, in proud Ford tradition. Perhaps the Fortuner comes close but Toyota has not equipped it with any bells and whistles for the price it commands.

Why don't you attend one of the Pune meets? Trust me, you will have a big bunch of admirers ogling at Samara!
Old 27th July 2011, 22:53   #165
BHPian

Hey noopster, thank you for the nice comments! Do check out the vids and my other threads, would love to hear your comments on them

Yes, at 23L, the 3.0AT 4x4 Endy is a steal - unfortunately, I have seen so many compromise and go for the 4x2 version, which, really is a shame - you miss so much for so little.

About the meets, you know, I have actually planned more than a couple of times, and each time, some damn meeting comes up and I miss out... hence I have stopped planning - will just drop by one of these days and make up for all I missed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks