Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 14:03   #61
BHPian

@gr8guzzler: Congratulations on your acquisition of one of the best hatches in the country, today.

Looks smashing in black. I feel black and the sea-grey are the best colors for the Figo. And a very praiseworthy decision in choosing the EXI. Its real value for money. Well as you said, so is the Titanium. But the ZXI clearly loses out on this front.

And please do send your son's snap to ford. They can use project how happy Figo owners are. My best wishes to him and also wishing you lots of many happy miles ahead.

PS.: Please do let me know whats your take on the NVH level inside the cabin. Also, please let me know after your long drive experience that did you or your family miss the adjustable head restraints on the rear seats, or is it fine without em.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:20   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
@gr8guzzler: Congratulations on your acquisition of one of the best hatches in the country, today.
Thanks!

Quote:
PS.: Please do let me know whats your take on the NVH level inside the cabin. Also, please let me know after your long drive experience that did you or your family miss the adjustable head restraints on the rear seats, or is it fine without em.
NVH level is fine. I would compare it with Punto (as I was traveling alot in an Punto (mjd) before I picked up my ride). I haven't traveled long distance yet, but the rear head restraints are not an major issue for my family as mainly my son occupies the rear seat.
Old 7th May 2010, 17:17   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
2nd Tankful FE Update

Filled up the tank today as the DTE was showing 54KM. Panther drank 39.91 lts of fuel and the trip meter was showing 648.3. I had reset the trip meter after my last tankful. I am pretty satisfied with the FE of 16.2 KMPL. Drive was with 100% AC on in Navi Mumbai traffic.
WoW! Thats very good mileage figures. I guess lots of us out here need to take some driving lessons from you. Any pointers
Old 7th May 2010, 17:21   #64
BHPian

Great FE figure!
How do you change gears - as per rpm figure, or going by the speed?
Which gear at which reading?
Old 12th May 2010, 13:30   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I am pretty satisfied with the FE of 16.2 KMPL. Drive was with 100% AC on in Navi Mumbai traffic.
Cool FE !!.

My Ritz Vdi gave only 15 KMPL in my last fill with 100% city(Bangalore) drive and medium A/C.

As requested above we need some tips from you like at what rpm you shift gears or at what gear you travel in heavy traffique, etc..

Thanks,
SANSI
Old 12th May 2010, 17:06   #66
BHPian

Panther's stint is on a highway-like route, so he gets good mileage. Right panther?
Old 13th May 2010, 16:43   #67
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Navi mumbai is a place to drive with excellent roads and less traffic. Palm Beach roads, Panvel highways have not seen any traffic jams. I think 16.2 km/l is less and I think Figo has failed in consistent FE figures.
Same Fiesta engine with IKON gear box with Fiesta Compressor give less figures. Like somebody pointed out is the BSIV complainant screwed up FE in Figo.
Old 13th May 2010, 18:34   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
WoW! Thats very good mileage figures. I guess lots of us out here need to take some driving lessons from you. Any pointers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Great FE figure!
How do you change gears - as per rpm figure, or going by the speed?
Which gear at which reading?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANSI View Post
Cool FE !!.

My Ritz Vdi gave only 15 KMPL in my last fill with 100% city(Bangalore) drive and medium A/C.

As requested above we need some tips from you like at what rpm you shift gears or at what gear you travel in heavy traffique, etc..

Thanks,
SANSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Panther's stint is on a highway-like route, so he gets good mileage. Right panther?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Navi mumbai is a place to drive with excellent roads and less traffic. Palm Beach roads, Panvel highways have not seen any traffic jams. I think 16.2 km/l is less and I think Figo has failed in consistent FE figures.
Same Fiesta engine with IKON gear box with Fiesta Compressor give less figures. Like somebody pointed out is the BSIV complainant screwed up FE in Figo.
Guys, I don't think I am doing anything different, the roads here help as there is definitely lesser traffic compared to other cities. I have also noticed that with every tankful the DTE is showing better figures so I guess with KMs the FE will improve. IMHO the figure I am getting is already good. My colleague drives a Punto in the same stretch and the max he gets on this route is 17.

Last weekend I went for a long drive to a nearby beach and once I got a clean stretch of 5 KM where there was no braking and gear changes involved, the DTE was stuck to the figure it was showing. Even while driving in the city I try to avoid shifting to higher gears faster if I foresee the traffic slowing down further ahead. Try to cruise more in 3rd & 4th in the city.
Old 13th May 2010, 18:58   #69
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Kishore - Understand your driving style + Navi mumbai helps better FE than others. I think you will be among the very few bhpians to get the maximum FE in Figo apart from rural buyers if any from other parts of India.
100% true - shifting gears results in more fuel consumption rather going in the same gear at its relative speed.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:46   #70
BHPian

My first Accident

I was stationary at the Vashi toll booth today morning and a Palio comes from behind and bangs me. Guy says his clutch slipped and he over shot the speedbreaker which was just behind me. Agreed to pay for the damages, will have to go tomorrow and get an estimate. The bumper has 2 holes due to the screws coming out and the boot is also not opening.
Attached Thumbnails
PaNtHeR - My Ford Figo TDCi EXi -24K update-18052010100.jpg  

PaNtHeR - My Ford Figo TDCi EXi -24K update-18052010101.jpg  

PaNtHeR - My Ford Figo TDCi EXi -24K update-18052010102.jpg  

Old 18th May 2010, 15:49   #71
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the bumper may need to be replaced. Or is it possible to get it stitched?
Denting work on the bootlid as well, which may also require painting.

You are looking at a tidy sum for the damages. Hope the other guy foots the entire amount.

Between, what screws are those that punctured the bumper?
Old 18th May 2010, 17:22   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Looks like the bumper may need to be replaced. Or is it possible to get it stitched?
Denting work on the bootlid as well, which may also require painting.
I would prefer replacement over getting them repaired. Let's see what the estimate comes.

Quote:
You are looking at a tidy sum for the damages. Hope the other guy foots the entire amount.
I hope he pays. What can we do incase he backs out?

Quote:
Between, what screws are those that punctured the bumper?
I have no idea, the bumper would not have got torn if not for those screws. I'll check with Ford A.S.S.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:33   #73
Senior - BHPian

Oh! Its started. Second Figo accident. The lack of bumper is really showing in both accidents. Do share the estimates.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:33   #74
BHPian

Sorry to hear this! may be the bumper needs to be replaced, i doubt if they can fill the holes created by those screws. I just read your ownership report, well written and this is the first black figo i have seen. It looks good, get the bumper fixed and bring her to glory!
Old 18th May 2010, 17:54   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
I was stationary at the Vashi toll booth today morning and a Palio comes from behind and bangs me. Guy says his clutch slipped and he over shot the speedbreaker which was just behind me. Agreed to pay for the damages, will have to go tomorrow and get an estimate. The bumper has 2 holes due to the screws coming out and the boot is also not opening.
My apprehensions coming true !! I thought that Figo hardly had any bumper and any collision would result in hatch door damage. This looks like a minor collision where in any other car would have handled elegantly with bumper damage. Ford look at this. Figo length was much less than 4000mm (for small car excise benefit) then why did you skimp on the bumper depth? To make more money through repairs? Ford is answerable for this crooked design. Can automobile experts tell me what is the industry norm for the bumper depths? and some numbers about cars like Swift, i10, i20, punto will help people compare this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks