Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:40   #46

Congratz Guzzler on your panther.

Waiting for some interior shots as well?

I was turned off my Figo's pink interiors in the higher variant. But the Exi Diesel looks a good choice.

Even i am looking for a diesel hatch soon. Will TD the Figo for sure.

Cheers
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:39   #47
BHPian

@guzzler - congrats man.

@Amartya
I saw it late, but I've seen it nevertheless.

Thats ok - I really love the color now. I did have some sleepless night about choosing green, but finally seeing it in the driveway really makes my eye feel fresher. Its like looking at a moving landscape.

Literally like popping Mint for your eyes.

I saw the other colors, and frankly this was the color to go for.
Till today it grabs eyeballs like no other color. And I don't need to put any fancy alloys, spoilers or decals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
, I actually tried to do a quick mental run-through of the Figo pictures I'd seen on ownership threads and I thought I am safe. Then I realized that someone would soon be chasing after me with "Brix".

I'd read his thread, but I couldn't recall any pictures. Darn .
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:24   #48
BHPian

Congrats on your purhcase Friend , in Black it looks stunning and I also agree with your point regarding it's "Proportionate Design".

I saw one in White in my office parking on Friday , it was first time when I saw this car from such close and believe me the first point which came to my mind was about its "Proportionate Design" . I was floored by its neat and clean design.
Old 4th May 2010, 21:52   #49

rokukuster

@Aditya, congrats for the car, had gone out in the market to check a family hatchback, checked Fiat Punto and VW Polo, Polo was much better in features than Punto but Punto is much better in handling, Plz give me why did you opt for Punto over Figo. and wats the fuel mileage (city and highway)

Also have Ford Figo in mind.

@gr8guzzler congrats on the buy, would like to know why did you buy Figo over Punto - what is the fuel mileage that you are getting (city and highway)
Old 4th May 2010, 22:24   #50
BHPian

Ford Figo TDCI

Congratulations gr8guzzler ! Almost bought the Figo myself. Decided against because of perceived lack of after sales support ( too few dealers) and possible high cost of spares. Also because only the Titanium had ABS.
Great pictures! Took these near Navi Mumbai? If you're in Mumbai, you'll need ABS!
Cheers! Enjoy the Figo and keep us posted of your experiences.
Old 5th May 2010, 00:35   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the buy Sir! Enjoy the beauty and wishing you miles of happy and safe driving!

In the mean while could any of you tell me howz the Petrol Figo? Had any one taken a test drive? I am looking at the performance Vs Diesel and also the mileage [both in City & Highway] Could not really find any detailed Petrol test drive reports.
Old 5th May 2010, 11:22   #52

Congrats on your purchase!! It looks great in black.
Enjoy the ride and Drive safe!
Please post some pics of the interiors as well.
Old 5th May 2010, 16:41   #53
BHPian

Nice looking in Black. I feel anything above Exi makes its lose the VFM factor.

<Congrats on the purchase>

OT: 'Panther' reminds me of Gulshan Grover
Old 5th May 2010, 16:54   #54
Senior - BHPian

Great choice there Kishore. The diesel Figo is a nice hatch. The loyalty stays with Ford eh How about some nice alloys to go with that colour?

Drive safe and looking forward to your ownership experience. Hope to see the car soon .
Old 6th May 2010, 10:51   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
The options that I had apart from the Figo
* Fiat Grande Punto - Punto is a fantastic car and met my criteria except for the price factor and the active model which was in my budget was lacking in features.
* Maruti Swift - Did not consider it as I find it quiet common.
* Maruti Ritz - Did not consider it as I hate the looks.
* VW Polo - Way above my budget and currently not available
* Indica Vista - Did not consider as I don't like the build quality or driving experience of Tata Cars
I had the same options as yours(common rail hatchbacks) and took Maruti Ritz as its look is very much appealing to me.

All the best for your new Ford Figo. Your black panther looks very good.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:50   #56
BHPian

Nice review.
I have a query: for the diesel Figo, while shifting gears, do we go by the rpm figure or by the speed?
Old 6th May 2010, 21:10   #57
BHPian

I think the general rule would be, after you drive for a week - you would instinctively know when the car has reached its peak in the mentioned gear, and then you would shift. This figure would be more or less near the 2K rmp range(+/- 150rpm).

This is what I took away after all those discussions. But generally since I'm driving a brand new car, I'm keeping it at 2K rpm. Its become a habit.
If the F.E turns out low, then I'm breaking the habit. YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Nice review.
I have a query: for the diesel Figo, while shifting gears, do we go by the rpm figure or by the speed?
Old 7th May 2010, 00:05   #58
BHPian

^^ Thanks for making it crisp and clear!
Old 7th May 2010, 13:30   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Hi guzzler,

Congrats on the new buy.

Regarding the FE, DTE may not be that accurate. Lokk for tank full to tank full for correct figures especillay in the beginnng. The DTE is built in such a way that based on your usage it starts giving the actual numbers. So initially it would be some default values that is being feeded from the factory
Thanks! Anumod. I am using the tankful to tankful method only for the FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreespace View Post
Congratz Guzzler on your panther.

Waiting for some interior shots as well?

I was turned off my Figo's pink interiors in the higher variant. But the Exi Diesel looks a good choice.

Even i am looking for a diesel hatch soon. Will TD the Figo for sure.

Cheers
Thanks! Sreespace. Yes, interior pics are long due, I will try and post some over the weekend. You can opt for the black dash even in the top end versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
@guzzler - congrats man.
Thanks! Brix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro.kulkarni View Post
@gr8guzzler congrats on the buy, would like to know why did you buy Figo over Punto - what is the fuel mileage that you are getting (city and highway)
Thanks! ro.kulkarni. I clearly mentioned the reason in my review. Punto is a great car but the version available in my budget had lot of features missing. Plus the turbo lag and lack of space in rear was a turn off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain.Goat View Post
Congratulations gr8guzzler ! Almost bought the Figo myself. Decided against because of perceived lack of after sales support ( too few dealers) and possible high cost of spares. Also because only the Titanium had ABS.
Great pictures! Took these near Navi Mumbai? If you're in Mumbai, you'll need ABS!
Cheers! Enjoy the Figo and keep us posted of your experiences.
Thanks! Mountain.Goat. yes, the pics were taken in Kharghar. The EXi brakes are adequate, but yes I would have loved it more if it had ABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats on the buy Sir! Enjoy the beauty and wishing you miles of happy and safe driving!

In the mean while could any of you tell me howz the Petrol Figo? Had any one taken a test drive? I am looking at the performance Vs Diesel and also the mileage [both in City & Highway] Could not really find any detailed Petrol test drive reports.
Thanks! swiftfurious. I just did a small TD of the petrol Figo and I found it a bit underpowered, especially after I drove the diesel one back to back. But the power delivery is pretty linear. You can check out Captain Slow's thread for more details, he has a Petrol Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raman. View Post
Congrats on your purchase!! It looks great in black.
Enjoy the ride and Drive safe!
Please post some pics of the interiors as well.
Thanks! Raman, yes will post them soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Nice looking in Black. I feel anything above Exi makes its lose the VFM factor.

<Congrats on the purchase>

OT: 'Panther' reminds me of Gulshan Grover
Thanks! btirthankar. The Titanium is also pretty VFM, but I did not want to stretch myself too much. If someone can afford it, I would suggest going for Titanium instead of ZXi. I did not feel it worth stretching for the ZXi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Great choice there Kishore. The diesel Figo is a nice hatch. The loyalty stays with Ford eh How about some nice alloys to go with that colour?

Drive safe and looking forward to your ownership experience. Hope to see the car soon .
Thanks! Dippy. Yes, preferred to go back to Ford, since I just love the way they drive. No alloys planned for atleast a year, plan to upgrade and upsize later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANSI View Post
I had the same options as yours(common rail hatchbacks) and took Maruti Ritz as its look is very much appealing to me.

All the best for your new Ford Figo. Your black panther looks very good.
Thanks! Sansi. Congrats on the buy. Ritz is a good car, but I just did not like the looks and hence did not even TD it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Nice review.
Thanks! Indizen. When I first started driving I used to watch the tacho and shift around 2K. But now that I have covered 1000+, I just shift based on the sound and feel of the engine. I'm sure you will get a hang of it soon. Congrats on your buy.
Old 7th May 2010, 13:33   #60
BHPian

2nd Tankful FE Update

2nd Tankful FE Update

Filled up the tank today as the DTE was showing 54KM. Panther drank 39.91 lts of fuel and the trip meter was showing 648.3. I had reset the trip meter after my last tankful. I am pretty satisfied with the FE of 16.2 KMPL. Drive was with 100% AC on in Navi Mumbai traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks