Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 13:07   #31
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
One thing man, both your cars are well maintained. They are lucky to be in the right hand. Regarding FE, I think its up to the mark. I believe Spark is using a sequential injection LPG system. Hence you will not see much difference between the FE in petrol and LPG. The best I got on my Xeta LPG (not factory fitted) was 13 with a/c and 15 without. So I do believe the FE is up to the mark. Meanwhile the A.S.S guys what all things they do while servicing the LPG section? Any idea?
Thanks! it is the sequential injection kit. Regarding the LPG section, there is a schedule for it separately apart from the regular service. Will check on that and get back. Otherwise the A.S.S does not do anything for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
My dad's Spark gives 18+ kmpl on petrol. The advice he got from the dealer was, stick in the green range (on speedo) and drive at gear 5. So he drives at ~50 km/h. Of course, the traffic being relatively less in Patiala, specifically the route to his work, his usage of brakes is minimal and a constant speed is possible. All in all, an awesome car and I wonder why people don't opt for it.
Those figures are really great! Good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
@h14: Congrats - Where did you get the car registered? TN66 is which RTO? Just curious
Thanks a lot headers. The car is registered in Coimbatore. 66 is the new addition to Coimbatore apart from 37 and 38.
Old 17th June 2010, 12:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Photos of my Spark LPG with rear speaker plank
Old 17th June 2010, 12:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Spark -LPG

Spark LPG - Photos of my car,the photos were taken from my mobile, please bear with the picture quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review-dash-board.jpg  

Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review-pioneer.jpg  

Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review-power-windows-lhf.jpg  

Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review-power-windows-rhf.jpg  

Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review-power-windows-lhr.jpg  

Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review-power-windows-rhr.jpg  

Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review-seat-cover.jpg  

Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review-wheel-cap.jpg  

Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review-speaker-plank_1.jpg  

Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review-speaker-plank_2.jpg  

Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review-leg-room-rear.jpg  

Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review-speaker-plank.jpg  

Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review-my-angel.jpg  

Old 20th June 2010, 06:45   #34
h14
BHPian

Nice pictures deehunk. Congratulations on your ride.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:15   #35
h14
BHPian

Just completed the 15,000 kms service at Sundaram Motors, Chennai. Nothing special to write about. Car is doing great and no issues what so ever.

My Sparky has delivered 15,000 trouble-free kms in 1 year. I'm sure it will continue to do so.

Last edited by h14 : 10th August 2010 at 17:17.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:24   #36
BHPian

@deehunk. i love the alloys and the mods to the dashboard. Mods seem to go well with the beige interiors.
Old 11th August 2010, 13:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightening-Fast View Post
@deehunk. i love the alloys and the mods to the dashboard. Mods seem to go well with the beige interiors.
Those are not alloys, they are after market wheel caps.

@deehunk - How much did you spend on the power windows. Any issues after fitment?
Old 14th September 2010, 19:12   #38
BHPian

this is a wonderful thread and i was keenly following the new car launches with LPG kit.
i think maruti omni was the first officially launched vehicle with the LPG kit and then later came the wagon R, Santro,Indica and then the car in discussion here the SPARK.

I think spark is the best in terms of auto switchover option and performance on LPG compared to other cars. Experts have to give their opinion here.

i have been happily using LPG for the last 5 years and it is so much benfit over just petrol cars in terms of savings.
i had maruti 800 with LPG ( 40 liters) and i sold it and got a used maruti esteem with 65 liters LPG tank.

i have clocked 65000 Kms in the last 4 years and 80% of my usage was on LPG.

some calculations

considering an average of 12kmpl in city/highway together, and assuming very marginaly difference of FE between petrol and LPG.

65000 / 12 = ~ 5420 lts fuel.

If i used petrol then my expenditure would be

5420 x 50 ( Avg price for over 4 years) = 271000

If i used LPG then my expenditure would be

5420 x 30 ( Avg price for over 4 years) = 162600

Difference =~ 108000.

it comes to approx 25000 per year which can easily cover up the regular maintainence, insurance,repairs and other running costs and also ICE, alloys or tyre upgrades.

6 months down the line i will be buying a new car and i think i will buy a new car with factory fitter LPG.
Old 20th September 2010, 14:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

MODS to my Spark

I got fitted AutoCOPS power windows which comes with 3 years warranty. AutoCOP is the OE supplier to GM, for spark it is available in Beige color. It cost me Rs.11200 including upmodule. It is working fine and I have not faced any issues with it.
The alloy look alike wheelcover costs Rs.700 for 4, if anybody require the same contact
Imran - 9972097862,
Hyper Carz,
Next to Kropex, Hosur Road
Old 20th October 2010, 13:11   #40
BHPian

great thread, i was contemplating between Alto K10 & Spark. With Spark LPG the decision seems to be easier.

One question thogh, does spark offer an option for factory fitted CNG as well?
Old 20th October 2010, 13:45   #41
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
great thread, i was contemplating between Alto K10 & Spark. With Spark LPG the decision seems to be easier.

One question thogh, does spark offer an option for factory fitted CNG as well?
No the Spark does not have the CNG option as of now. But believe me, I've clocked over 16,000 kms now, of which over 95% was in LPG and the car is flawless and drives as good as new.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:54   #42
BHPian

^^ With most of the public transport vehicle moving to CNG, the number of gas stations with CNG is higher than the ones with LPG. That is one the major reasons why one still prefers CNG fitted vehicle over an LPG one.
Old 20th October 2010, 16:28   #43
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
^^ With most of the public transport vehicle moving to CNG, the number of gas stations with CNG is higher than the ones with LPG. That is one the major reasons why one still prefers CNG fitted vehicle over an LPG one.
I agree, but down south, I am yet to see any CNG filling station. I'm sure it will take few years for CNG to mark its presence in here. Hope it will happen soon.
Old 28th February 2011, 11:33   #44
h14
BHPian

re: Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review

People, I have just parted ways with my Sparky. I have given it to my sister back home in Coimbatore and have brought my dad's Palio MJD to chennai as he has got himself a Linea.

The spark served me well, infact it exceeded my expectations every time, be it in the city or in the highway. It has now clocked 19000 kms on the odo without any issues.

Though I will not be driving the Spark, I will be updating this thread in due course.

Recent FE results are below:

City conditions with AC - 12.8 to 13.2 kmpl on LPG
Highway - 14kmpl on LPG and 16.5kmpl on Petrol, both with AC.

Moderators, please help to update the title to "Spark LS LPG - 19000kms User Review"
Old 28th September 2011, 08:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

My experience with Spark

My Spark completed 22000 km this month, there was hardly any difference from the day I bought it. For some unknown reason the driver side tyre gave away, noticed an uneven bulging in the tyre. I was happy with this car as I spent only Rs.70 in two years for maintenance expense. During 5th free service the rear shocks were changed free of cost, the rear side had taken some beating off late because of bad roads and potholes, it costed Rs.1070, all small rattlings were promptly fixed during service thanks to Mr. Prajwal at Kropex. I had changed over to tube tyres from tubeless recently, noticed some weight reduction and more smoother steering. I had planned to give my car a new look by going for body colored painting of bumpers, mirrors and scratch removals, but then as the usage had reduced and becoz I got a good offer for the car I decided to part with it. A friend of my brother-in law who was looking for a LPG car bought it for Rs.2.4 lakhs. The buyer gets 5 more free service and 3 wheel alignments(I never used this) as a freebie and an unused car cover(GA). The departing was painful for me and my family but it had to happen one day. The car was very solid and it bore the brunt of all my experiments and never gave away.
One note on Kropex, I lost my CPCOO coupon booklet and owner's manual after 5th service, Kropex arranged for a new CPCOO coupon booklet promptly in 4 days. The response from GM was indeed quick.

Last edited by deehunk : 28th September 2011 at 08:50. Reason: add data
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks