Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 07:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures..taken step by step. I like the placing of the tank however it looks too small for a 35 lts tank , i wonder how they accomodated it in there.

Also i think there is ample space for 2 rucksacks and a small sports bag..good enough for a 3-4 days trip. Why don't you go for the alloys to complete the look.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:10   #17
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The car seems fully loaded. I see a K&N decal , do you have one installed in your car.
Hi sumeethaldankar, I believe you are referring to the decal on the boot lid, well its not K&N, its that of RM Car Decors, where I got the ICE installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Why don't you go for the alloys to complete the look.
I was tempted to go for the alloys, but decided against it and I'm now saving every penny possible for my Amby . That is the reason I have not gone in for the alloys and KN filters.
Old 13th April 2010, 11:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Hi sumeethaldankar, I believe you are referring to the decal on the boot lid, well its not K&N, its that of RM Car Decors, where I got the ICE installed.

I was tempted to go for the alloys, but decided against it and I'm now saving every penny possible for my Amby . That is the reason I have not gone in for the alloys and KN filters.

You know on second thought i should have gone for a white sparky with same alloys as black is VERY VERY tuff to maintain , specially in Delhi.
Old 13th April 2010, 12:17   #19
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
You know on second thought i should have gone for a white sparky with same alloys as black is VERY VERY tuff to maintain , specially in Delhi.
Yeah I can understand the problems in maintaining a black car. When i bought my UNO to Chennai, I had repainted it and it entered Chennai without a scratch. One year in Chennai and there were scratches almost all over the body including the roof .

That is when I decided for go for a non-metallic color for my new car. I had painted my UNO with Carbon Bronze Pearl, the shade which comes in the Honda City.

My UNO :

this picture was taken after the repaint. The car totally changed after a year in Chennai.

Last edited by h14 : 13th April 2010 at 12:18.
Old 10th May 2010, 17:16   #20
h14
BHPian

completed 10,000 kms!

Hi

My Spark just completed 10,000 kms over the weekend when I did a Chennai-Coimbatore-Chennai drive.

While leaving from Chennai, I had filled in 25 liters of LPG. Drove about 23 kms in the city before starting off to Coimbatore.

We were 4 on-board and was doing a the entire journey with speeds hovering around 80-110 kmph. Sadly, there are not many LPG stations in the route which we took, ie.,

Chennai - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Thoppur - Mecheri - Mettur - Bhavani - Tiruppur - Palladam - Coimbatore.

Though there is one in Vellore on the NH opposite to Grand Krishna hotel, every time the reply I get from them is a big NO for LPG.

So, we finally ran out of LPG in Mecheri, the Trip meter showed 353 kms; a FE of 14.12 in LPG. Completed the rest of our journey on Petrol.

Gave the car for the 10,000 km service at Anamallais Agencies in Coimbatore on May 8th and then started back to Chennai on May 9th.

The route taken on return was Coimbatore-Avinashi-Bhavani-Mettur-Thoppur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Chennai.

Filled up 25 liters of LPG in coimbatore and then filled in another 6.11 litres of LPG in Bhavani. (Six litres since tank reached the filling capacity of 80%). Now, we ran out of LPG near Sriperampudhur, this time the Trip meter showed 458 kms! which works out to 14.72 kmpl!

These were the best figures that I have managed so far. It was achieved with speeds hovering between 80-110 kmph with AC and 4 people on board. My Sparky continues to surprise me quite often, remember, the ARAI certified FE for Spark LPG is 13.75!
Old 10th May 2010, 17:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Spark LPG is an excellent value for money product, the LPG kit is wonderful and there is almost no loss of power in LPG mode.
The automatic changeover to petrol & LPG is definitely a great feature. Engine wear & tear is not significantly high as CNG hence minimal long term engine health issues.
LPG emits far less CO emission than petrol hence it is environmentally friendly product.
I hope other manufactures also come up with such features at least an option pack will be a big plus. I know there is a huge market waiting for such products, future petrol & diesel prices will be the main driver for such alternate fuels.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Spark LPG Mileage

Spark LPG is an excellent value for money product.

I also own a Spark LPG and have been driving it from last 4 months in Bangalore regularly. It gives me a mileage of 14kmpl in city. I did a trip to Dharmasthala last month on the Bangalore - Mangalore NH. With 5 people and AC on for almost 90% I got a mileage of 14 on way to Dharmasthala. This was really good considering the roads after Hassan and the Shiradi ghat stretch. While coming back to Bangalore I switched to Petrol, the mileage obtained was between 15-16kmpl. The best part of this car is the auto switch over option to Petrol/LPG. I also intially had a problem in putting a plank at the rear side but then did manage to figure out an optoin. I will post the pictures very soon so that it will help others.
Old 28th May 2010, 20:25   #23
BHPian

Great h14 !

Always had apprehension about LPG vehicles. But this factory fitted LPG kit is really nice. Only compromise seems to be the boot space.

How much does a liter of LPG cost? Just want to check cost/km compared to petrol/diesel.

Excellent review and photos. Keep it up
Old 30th May 2010, 09:20   #24

Thanks H14 for your review. Your review helped me in deciding on going for the Spark LPG car. I have booked the LS LPG Linen biege color.
Old 1st June 2010, 09:38   #25
h14
BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Spark LPG is an excellent value for money product, the LPG kit is wonderful and there is almost no loss of power in LPG mode.
The automatic changeover to petrol & LPG is definitely a great feature. Engine wear & tear is not significantly high as CNG hence minimal long term engine health issues.
LPG emits far less CO emission than petrol hence it is environmentally friendly product.
I hope other manufactures also come up with such features at least an option pack will be a big plus. I know there is a huge market waiting for such products, future petrol & diesel prices will be the main driver for such alternate fuels.
@tj123, I strongly agree with your views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Spark LPG is an excellent value for money product.

I also own a Spark LPG and have been driving it from last 4 months in Bangalore regularly. It gives me a mileage of 14kmpl in city. I did a trip to Dharmasthala last month on the Bangalore - Mangalore NH. With 5 people and AC on for almost 90% I got a mileage of 14 on way to Dharmasthala. This was really good considering the roads after Hassan and the Shiradi ghat stretch. While coming back to Bangalore I switched to Petrol, the mileage obtained was between 15-16kmpl. The best part of this car is the auto switch over option to Petrol/LPG. I also intially had a problem in putting a plank at the rear side but then did manage to figure out an optoin. I will post the pictures very soon so that it will help others.
@deehunk, your city mileage is very good. Do post the picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Great h14 !

Always had apprehension about LPG vehicles. But this factory fitted LPG kit is really nice. Only compromise seems to be the boot space.

How much does a liter of LPG cost? Just want to check cost/km compared to petrol/diesel.

Excellent review and photos. Keep it up
@BomBatt, thanks! You can keep track of the prices @ Indian Oil Corporation :: Auto Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreddy420 View Post
Thanks H14 for your review. Your review helped me in deciding on going for the Spark LPG car. I have booked the LS LPG Linen biege color.
@jreddy, congrats on your purchase. Do keep us updated on your ride.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:59   #26
BHPian

The boot space seems kind of small but still good enough considering the overall size of the car and the fact that it has to accommodate a LPG cylinder and a spare wheel.

Isn't the FE a little less for a small car?
Old 4th June 2010, 23:31   #27
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal98 View Post
Isn't the FE a little less for a small car?
Not really, in fact the FE quoted is in LPG mode and I believe its right up there with the competitors. Do correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10th June 2010, 15:34   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Not really, in fact the FE quoted is in LPG mode and I believe its right up there with the competitors. Do correct me if I'm wrong.
One thing man, both your cars are well maintained. They are lucky to be in the right hand. Regarding FE, I think its up to the mark. I believe Spark is using a sequential injection LPG system. Hence you will not see much difference between the FE in petrol and LPG. The best I got on my Xeta LPG (not factory fitted) was 13 with a/c and 15 without. So I do believe the FE is up to the mark. Meanwhile the A.S.S guys what all things they do while servicing the LPG section? Any idea?
Old 14th June 2010, 06:00   #29
BHPian

My dad's Spark gives 18+ kmpl on petrol. The advice he got from the dealer was, stick in the green range (on speedo) and drive at gear 5. So he drives at ~50 km/h. Of course, the traffic being relatively less in Patiala, specifically the route to his work, his usage of brakes is minimal and a constant speed is possible. All in all, an awesome car and I wonder why people don't opt for it.
Old 14th June 2010, 08:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

@h14: Congrats - Where did you get the car registered? TN66 is which RTO? Just curious
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks