Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 12:59   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

I'm not sure whether i'll do it anytime soon. I feel its good to have something like this especially on a red coloured car. It keeps the bad eyes away. Maybe i'll get it done later on. Another idea i have (this might sound stupid) is to leave the bumper as it is and just do a touch up on the body part that has lost paint so that there is no rusting problem.
Congrats on another Red beauty..wish i could call a beast like your Advy

I understand the pain with those scratches. I had mine in 3rd month of ownership. Started from the Right side of the car. Right from the fenders to the rear door. A garbage van just squeezed in as if it was in a dog and cat race

I thought the same just like you to ignore it and think "panvati" has gone and it will avoid bad eyes further. Guess since then I've scratches on all sides of my car! Wondering which part is left now! heheehe

You made a valid point on Ford's wise thought on sharing the parts in Figo from Fiesta.

Wish you happy miles with the new F on your garage!
Old 24th March 2010, 13:50   #107
Senior - BHPian

HEre are a few pics of the unfinished work by ford. First near the hinges for the boot and then near the hydraulic piston that hold up the boot.

The third one though is another good thinking by ford. A rubber that covers the boot shelf holder. Great thought...Less Rattles.
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03732.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03734.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03735.jpg  

Last edited by gemithomas : 24th March 2010 at 13:52.
Old 24th March 2010, 14:29   #108
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Didnt i too say that it was good?? Let me check in my post. I think the ride is very good compared to fusion and fiesta.
That comment was prompted by your comparison with 110 / 120. Of course these things are subjective. For us i20 over the same patch of road was significantly inferior to the Figo's, no experience with i10!

Sorry to add the following here: Take a look when you have time:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...narch-red.html

The first scratch does hurt the most! I never repair these things immediately, they have a tendency to accumulate.
Old 24th March 2010, 14:58   #109
BHPian

Congrates gemi.
I also had a very bad time waiting for the swift and went for 'new' ikon TDCi. i have detailed it in below thread .
Ford Ikon Tdci - 10,000 Kms Update
In city with ocassional a/c i normally get around 17-17.5kpl (tankful to tankful method) and the max i got was 24 kpl with some highway running to kollam ( if you can call it as highway).
I hardly use the first gear unlesss the car is fully loaded or i have stopped in an uphill. but i suppose ikon is lighter than the figo.
The service experience with kairali is ok for me.
Once i had to replace the timing belt as there was noise from the engine while idling.This was done under warranty.
Very sad to hear that your lovely red got scratched.
Btw, How many free services do ford offer for figo?
Old 24th March 2010, 17:36   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
All that to have a sub-4 meter length! A little extra room at the expense of a little safety!
Figo is a good 20cm shorter in length than the 4mt limit.

I guess it has got to do more with aesthetics than anything else.

@Mustang. Any idea about this?
Old 24th March 2010, 18:06   #111
BHPian

wow Gemi, never knew you took delivery of a Figo ! Stunning Color.
Congrats on your buy ! Its a wise decision, far better than buying the Ritz ! I say, your decision process flow was really unique though
Old 24th March 2010, 18:32   #112
BHPian

Gemi, you got the car on 18 March or there about..What date you made the booking ? Looks like Exi/Zxi models are easier to get in TDCi. According to Lathangi Ford, Bangalore where I booked, TDCi Titanium delivery from Ford is very scarce. Is it the same in Kairali Ford as well ? If you have any contact with dealers, please check this out. If it is a problem across dealers, then at least I can have relief that my dealer is not playing trick with me.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:34   #113
BHPian

hi gemi, is the red color metallic?
Old 24th March 2010, 19:25   #114
BHPian

Revy,

I think the situation is similar everywhere. I booked before gemi at trivandrum, Red TDCi titanium. Still awaiting a confirmation on delivery date, even after talking to their Kerala sales manager at kairali Ford.

Now they are saying - ' We will get it before 31st' .
When I booked, it used to be "between 15th and 20th we will be able to deliver all the booked cars"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Gemi, you got the car on 18 March or there about..What date you made the booking ? Looks like Exi/Zxi models are easier to get in TDCi. According to Lathangi Ford, Bangalore where I booked, TDCi Titanium delivery from Ford is very scarce. Is it the same in Kairali Ford as well ? If you have any contact with dealers, please check this out. If it is a problem across dealers, then at least I can have relief that my dealer is not playing trick with me.
Old 24th March 2010, 20:27   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
That comment was prompted by your comparison with 110 / 120. Of course these things are subjective. For us i20 over the same patch of road was significantly inferior to the Figo's, no experience with i10!
oh! actually i could not get a better comparison when i wrote that. The swift/ritz could never be compared to this, the vista was more towards comfort, the punto was a different class all together, thats why the closest i could think of was the i10. ok now i get it.... The correct comparison would be with the fiesta. Its more or less the same i guess, if no a little less bumpy. The point really is that its a real good suspension setup. Not very Bumpy Yet Sporty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
In city with ocassional a/c i normally get around 17-17.5kpl (tankful to tankful method) and the max i got was 24 kpl with some highway running to kollam ( if you can call it as highway).
The service experience with kairali is ok for me.
Once i had to replace the timing belt as there was noise from the engine while idling.This was done under warranty.
How many free services do ford offer for figo?
THanks a lot. Thats real good F.E figures. I think i am getting something around 14 in city and around 18 on highways. Atleast thats what my DTE meter tells me.

Good to hear nice comments about kairali ford. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Figo has got only two free services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
wow Gemi, never knew you took delivery of a Figo ! Stunning Color.
Congrats on your buy ! Its a wise decision, far better than buying the Ritz ! I say, your decision process flow was really unique though
True. My Car choices where always like that. How many would have dared to buy an Fiat adventure 1.6 just before it was going to be discontinued This time the process got so messed up since i deliberately kept my lovely Red Punto Out of the list!!!

Quote:
Actually my only demand was that i need delivery immediately. I was willing to compromise on the variant and colour. It just happened that all Zxi's had Red dash which none of us at home liked and the Exi's had my favourite red colour available. I'd say luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
hi gemi, is the red color metallic?
I really dont think so. Not sure though.
Old 24th March 2010, 21:00   #116
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gemithomas on your Ford Figo, you have made a good choice.
Old 25th March 2010, 19:51   #117
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gemi,

Quote:
The correct comparison would be with the fiesta. Its more or less the same i guess, if no a little less bumpy. The point really is that its a real good suspension setup. Not very Bumpy Yet Sporty.
Thanks for the update.

Our drive on the same patch with the Vista was similar to the i20 and were disappointed.

Maybe another check is worthwhile just for comparison.
Old 26th March 2010, 12:34   #118
BANNED

The FE is reall Low I am getting 13 to 14 Km/L from My Ritz in heavy Delhi Traffic.

Congrats for the new car ! Keep updating.
Old 27th March 2010, 13:08   #119
BHPian

gemi, this is unfair :-)...Almost 24 hours have passed and no update from you ! Are you busy with doing the paint job for the scratches ? Hope to see your thread active with lot more information. The whole forum is looking up to it, only you and joe are the lucky BHPians to enjoy Figo so far...
Old 27th March 2010, 14:45   #120
Senior - BHPian

First Tank Full FE and another Tankfull

Quote:
gemi, this is unfair :-)...Almost 24 hours have passed and no update from you ! Are you busy with doing the paint job for the scratches ? Hope to see your thread active with lot more information. The whole forum is looking up to it, only you and joe are the lucky BHPians to enjoy Figo so far...
Hey Revy. Actually i tried updating yesterday evening but somehow i was unable to post. Some connection problem i guess. Here goes the updates.

Completed a tankful and the low fuel buzzer came on exactly after 600km (So the DTE indicator seems to be doing a perfect job with calculations). So with 38.5 litres going into the tank the F.E seems to be around 15.5km/l with around 40% highway driving and around 30min or idling with ac on in traffic.

The next refill took in exactly the same 38.5 litres and the DTE this time showed a range of 656km. Hope it does a perfect job this time too

I wanted some help. Is it ok to let the engine pull on its own (no leg on clutch or accelerator) while moving in traffic? Is it bad to do so or should i do it just as in petrols. Slowly depress accelerator while slowly releasing clutch. Which one is better for the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks