Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:38   #976
BHPian

Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher-The Figo TDCi. "42K kms Update"

Gemi - could you please let me know if you were suggested to change the V belt and tensioner at 50k km mark?

I was when my dad's Figo went in for 50k km service and I went ahead with it as the repairs are covered under the co car lease. Old belt was visually fine but there was some wear visible on tensioner. Belt costed about rs.1,500 and tensioner about rs.3,000.

They mentioned to me that Ford recommends to replace these at 50k km mark though in the manual it's recommended to inspect and replace if required.

Any inputs please. Thanks.
Old 3rd February 2013, 23:16   #977
Senior - BHPian

Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher-The Figo TDCi. "42K kms Update"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Gemi - could you please let me know if you were suggested to change the V belt and tensioner at 50k km mark?

Any inputs please. Thanks.
Mine was changed at 60K due to the extra noise it started to make and the belt also showed signs of wear and tear. I had just the tensioners replaced again at 70K under warranty since the noise came back and the part was under 6 months old. Car has done just 2K after the second replacement and the noise is still there. I think i'll have learn to live with the noise now. Else need to ask for another replacement.

For all Others who are still following this thread.

I finally got the time and money [together] for this add-on. Its a Hella 700FF. Will post more details and pics soon.

Cheers
gemithomas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 12:01   #978
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ The hella 700FF is a decent beam and should aid night driving by a big margin. Had them on my friend's punto and the night driving was far more comfortable with these.

How much did you end up paying for the set and the installation.
Old 7th February 2013, 15:09   #979
Senior - BHPian

The Hella FF700

As i had posted earlier i was more inclined towards the Hella Black Magic due to the smoked looks. I still feel that they would have gelled in better with the OEM headlights and black bumper grill. However the pics below from a video i saw made me decide against the Black Magic 500FF's.

500 Classics
Name:  vlcsnap2013020714h12m53s155 Medium.png
Views: 1962
Size:  752.0 KB
500 Black Magic
Name:  vlcsnap2013020714h13m33s19 Medium.png
Views: 1987
Size:  705.4 KB
500 FF
Name:  vlcsnap2013020714h13m44s118 Medium.png
Views: 1942
Size:  715.8 KB
700 FF
Name:  vlcsnap2013020714h13m53s224 Medium.png
Views: 1901
Size:  731.9 KB
4000 Euro Beam
Name:  vlcsnap2013020714h14m22s228 Medium.png
Views: 1926
Size:  688.2 KB

The dullness of the Black Magic made me decide against it. The next option i had was the 1000 Black Magic. Tried in vain to get good reviews of this model. I was even unable to get a light density chart [is that what you call it?] of this model. I found this for FF1000 driving beam but was not sure if it would be the same for the Black Magics.

This is what i got for the 700FF

I was more impressed with the 700 due to the spread that i thought would be better in Road Driving Conditions.

Made a few calls to Global Tyres, Cochin and got quotes for the lights. I had already taken quotes around 6 months back. The prices had slightly increased by now. Visited them. Had a look at the Black MAgic 1000, 500 and FF 700. Was not at all impressed with the light output of Black Magic 500.The Black Magic 1000 was way almost double the price of the 700 with equal light output if not slightly dimmer within the small room in which the tested it for me.

At the end I decided to go with the 700. Pics of Installation would follow.

The car has now done 72K km and is holding on well except for some rattles, squeaks and an irritatingly noisy suspension in potholes. Ford *** however feels the shocks are perfectly fine.
Old 16th February 2013, 23:17   #980
Senior - BHPian

Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher-The Figo TDCi. Now 72,000 kms & cloc

More on the 72k km update.
  • Got the RTB inspected during the 70k service. They tried some measurements which matched their range. They then put some dye on the rtb which was supposed to show any hairline cracks. Thankfully there were none. Here is how my RTB looks after the dye treatment.
    Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-imag0161.jpg
    Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-imag0162.jpg
  • I got a complementary EGR Valve cleaning done. The car is much more smooth and pulls slightly better. I really dont feel the rocket like improvement that many swift owners have reported here. But yes. Its slightly better and noticeable.
  • The Tensioner pulleys replaced during the last service started making noise again. They replaced it under warranty since it was under 6 months. But the noise was still there the next morning i started the car and it still gives me the noise. Will have to get it checked again.
  • Inside plastics had sort of given up. I got a Maguire dashboard polish during my hella installation. They now look much better.
  • I got my best FE figures of above 18km/l on the tank after the EGR cleaning. Here is how much she did on 40litres of fuel
    Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-image483.jpg
  • Here is what is left of the Michelin XM1+ after 40K km of running. I think they should hold on for another 20K km unless the side walls give up.
    Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-imag0163.jpg

Thats all for now. Next up would be the installation pics of the Hella. Till then Cheers. Drive Safe.
gemithomas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 23:38   #981
BHPian

Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher-The Figo TDCi. Now 72,000 kms & cloc

Even I am annoyed of the rear right suspension noise over pot holes. It increases if some one is seated @ the back seat. This is only after the RTB replacement.

Also, the front left brake calipers do create a hell lot of noise over broken/uneven surface. I am keeping my fingers crossed, as I have stopped almost 90% of the squeaks which was coming from the door beading with the help of rubber gasket (provided by AbhiJ) and regular double sided tape. However the tape has already started giving up after 3 months of install and is coming out from several places.

I have developed a feeling that that the ride quality over the bad roads is now stiffer than before. Each and every road undulation is felt inside.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 16th February 2013 at 23:41.
Old 12th March 2013, 22:49   #982
Senior - BHPian

75K done. Car just came back from a general check up as my warranty is getting expired on 17th. Checkpoints given by me
  1. Slight rattle from steering when at idle.
  2. Liquid/Gas flowing noise intermittently heard form passenger side dash.
  3. Tensioner Pulley Noise.
As usual the car behaved really well at the service centre and hence they were unable to replicate any of these noises.

They claimed the second speed fan was kicking in more frequently than required and that they cleaned the condenser since that could be the culprit. [Not sure how. Does the condenser have a say on the fan speed?]

Got Insurance renewed at around 5500/-

Fourth Year Extended Warranty costs around Rs.9300/-. What do you guys suggest? Should i go for it?
Old 13th March 2013, 09:29   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Got Insurance renewed at around 5500/-

Fourth Year Extended Warranty costs around Rs.9300/-. What do you guys suggest? Should i go for it?
I got my Insurance renewed last month for 10K and the 4th year warranty is 5.6K. This is for the 1.2 though, not sure if there is so much variance on the 1.4! I plan to extend the warranty (peace of mind)
Old 13th March 2013, 10:14   #984
BHPian

Gemi: Have you installed the Hella's? Please post pictures of the switch and mounting brackets. How was the wiring routed?
Old 13th March 2013, 18:44   #985
BHPian

What is the idle RPM for the 1.4 TDCi ? I'm getting around 750 .
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc_0324.jpg  

Old 13th March 2013, 18:55   #986
BHPian

HI icyspikey,

How do you get this information to show on the display?
Old 13th March 2013, 19:03   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
That's the first thing I noticed when I sat in Kpzen's new Figo. It was so silent compared to mine. not a lot of diesel clatter and hardly any road noise.
Have they announced exactly what changes have been made to improve noise?
Old 13th March 2013, 21:48   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
HI icyspikey,

How do you get this information to show on the display?
Step 1 --> Key In . Turn it the first position .
Step 2 --> Hold the Trip reset button .(Keep Holding )
Step 3 -->Turn the key to the second position ( Where your dash lights show up) . Wait until you get "GAUGE" in the MID .
Step 4 --> press the trip reset button to cycle through various data .

Refer :

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th March 2013 at 23:45. Reason: no https youtube links please.
icyspikey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 15:17   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
They claimed the second speed fan was kicking in more frequently than required and that they cleaned the condenser since that could be the culprit. [Not sure how. Does the condenser have a say on the fan speed?
If the condenser unit is dirty, the heat dissipation will be low and air conditioning cooling will be reduced. To over come this, the second speed fan kicks in to compensate for a dirty condenser unit as the flow between the heat fins is limited with natural air or with the first speed of the fan. You will notice that the second fan speed kicks in only when you are stationary or in bumper to bumper traffic.

The second speed can come into play even if your cooling system is not functioning at its best or if the ambient temperatures are high.

Apart from just cleaning the condenser, get the radiator unit cleaned as well when you do a pressure wash.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 14th March 2013 at 15:18.
Old 18th March 2013, 11:34   #990
Senior - BHPian

18 March 2010 to 18 March 2013

3 Years Later Here is where things stand.

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-image554.jpg

All the long timers here would probably know that i shifted from a Fiat Adventure 1.6 and that my only priority was Peace of Mind during service experiences. I was fed up of the Fiat Service Experience [especially problem solving skills and parts procurement timeframe].

I booked and cancelled a Ritz Ldi and a Beat LT before taking delivery of the Figo TDCi. The Ritz was booked for the Peace of Mind impression that many gave me but unfortunately my case was different with loads of Maruti Attitude and cheap tactics. Beat was hot selling at that time and they were not really interested in delivering my car at the promised time.

The Figo was paid for in full even before a test drive or even seeing a TDCi one in flesh. There was even some confusion on the actual feature list of the Exi Variant. I did not want anything above that since all cars that were dispatched had that reddish colour on the dash.

18th March 2010 to 18th March 2013! Peace of Mind? Well i'll say "Yes Sir!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Gemi: Have you installed the Hella's? Please post pictures of the switch and mounting brackets. How was the wiring routed?
Will do that soon. Sorry for the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Apart from just cleaning the condenser, get the radiator unit cleaned as well when you do a pressure wash.
Thanks a lot.
gemithomas is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks