Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 15:03   #691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
What exactly is tyre rotation ( I am assuming the swapping front one with rear ones!) Is it part of the service or something?

everythiing you need to know about tires - Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 1 of 4

tire rotation can be cross, cross and utilizing the spare, or simply front and rear swap.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:21   #692
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What exactly is tyre rotation ( I am assuming the swapping front one with rear ones!) Is it part of the service or something?
Exactly. This is done as a part of tyre maintenance. The wear and tear will be even on all tyres so the replacement of 4 tyres will become worth spending as all the tyres would have worn evenly after 30-40k km (mileage depends on the vehicle). Even wear & tear gives better grip & braking to the car.
It is better to do wheel alignment & wheel rotation every 5k.
Wheel balancing can be done if you feel vibrations in your steering after crossing a speed of 60-70kmph.
Luckily when checked Figo had all the 5 tyres wheel balanced.. Alloy wheels have even weight and less prone to wear and tear than normal oem disks.
Just check the link for ref Tyre rotation
Old 27th September 2010, 19:28   #693
BHPian

Help

Hi Gemi,

My Figo does 80kmph @ ~2000rpom,
100kmph @ ~2300rpm
and 120 @ ~3000+rpm.

All readings with A/c

Is this Normal ?

Time again am struggling to push over 120 on highway [keeping rpm below 3.5k) as the car hits ~3500rpm and I don't feel like pushing the rpm beyond since its only been around 7k on ODO.
Old 27th September 2010, 20:40   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Hi Gemi,

100kmph @ ~2300rpm
and 120 @ ~3000+rpm.

All readings with A/c

Is this Normal ?

Time again am struggling to push over 120 on highway [keeping rpm below 3.5k) as the car hits ~3500rpm and I don't feel like pushing the rpm beyond since its only been around 7k on ODO.
Is yours a diesel? My TDCi Figo does 120 at 2500 rpm.
Old 28th September 2010, 17:40   #695
BHPian

Yes

Yes mine is diesel.

Am just started to wonder if I have clutch issue as its fist time diesel ownership and its really pain is extremely horrible stop and go traffic.
(stop for 10 sec, go 3 mtr, stop for 10 secs go 2 mts ...)
Old 28th September 2010, 17:51   #696
BHPian

I have gone beyond 150 on the Figo. The RPM you have given seems to be just slightly on the higher side to me. For me 120 is around 2600-2800 Rpm. One more thing is don't floor the throttle suddenly if you want to go above 120. Just apply pressure on the throttle in a constant manner from 120 and you will see it going above 150 easily. This is with AC.
Old 28th September 2010, 23:47   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Gemi for the detailed report. Did your squeak problem vanish? Unfortunately mine refsurfaced!
Get the C pillar plastic section opened by the denter at the service station. Ask him to wrap the black electric tape on the metal clips that lock that plastic thing in place. This will help the metal clips from touching the frame section of the car. I just got that same treatment done at the service station last Saturday. Since my driving is restricted to weekends only so haven't tested the car much after getting the tape treatment done.

I have also heard that the company has released new set of these clips that will be replaced on the squeaking figos so as to completely tackle this irritating noise once in for all.

I am waiting for them eagerly. Till that time I hope that the tape method works and keeps that noise away from the cabin.
Old 29th September 2010, 10:59   #698
Senior - BHPian

Yes DL, got that done. No squeaks so far! Touch wood! But do let me know if they are replacing the clips and the plastic part. I would change them anyways, because I really do not want to visit the service center only to solve squeaks!
Old 30th September 2010, 16:21   #699
Senior - BHPian

Gemi,
You are lucky to have got the chrome bar. These guys still havnt managed to get me one yet

Any of you guys have issues with the breaks on your figos? The cars front breaks make a lot of sound while breaking. My car has done about 5,500KM.
Old 30th September 2010, 20:15   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Is the figo tank a 45 ltr one? Our Fiesta regularly shows 835 + on its DTE when we fill the tank.

I dont think low running affects the mileage much. It might have something to do with the traffic/driving habits maybe. Make sure you are using the torque of the engine to get ahead rather. Mostly for just rolling traffic, I just use the clutch to start moving. After that all pedals are left free unless absolutely required.
The tank indeed is 45 ltrs. The Figo Engine is a BS IV one and AFAIK it has got a Diesel Particulate Filter and a lager Catalytic Converter than the BSIII Fiesta Engines. Probably these are the reasons for the lower DTE readings as well as the huge margin between FE for Short runs and Highway runs.

Would be interesting to see the DTE readings on full tank for the new BSIV Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Gr8 Gemi. Nice to read your detailed post. Could you pl tell what are the things they have done during 10k service apart from the regular oil change. Have you done tyre rotation (min of 2 times).
Apart from Oil and Oil Filter Change they have done tyre rotation also.

[quote=anilisanil;2085122]Thanks Gemi for the detailed report. Did your squeak problem vanish? Unfortunately mine refsurfaced!

Mine resurfaced once after a wash. Now when i get an underbody wash i make it a point to ask them to grease that cable that causes the squeak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Hi Gemi,

100kmph @ ~2300rpm
and 120 @ ~3000+rpm.

All readings with A/c

Is this Normal ?

Mine does it exactly at those rpm readings. You would surely feel the engine out of breath above 120 since the torque starts falling drastically after 3K rpm. It is quite normal for the Ford TDCI engine. With 7K on the ODO you need not be worried of pushing her. Just ensure that you dont stick to redline rpms for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Gemi,
You are lucky to have got the chrome bar. These guys still havnt managed to get me one yet

Any of you guys have issues with the breaks on your figos? The cars front breaks make a lot of sound while breaking. My car has done about 5,500KM.
I was just lucky. And it was the goodness of the service engineer to give me the one from his car since could not visit them the next day.

The brakes make quite a lot of noise at slow speeds especially. I pour water through the holes on the front rim to remove the break pad dust. It temporarily solves the problem but the sound comes back after around 150km. Do let me know if anyone gets a permanent solution.
Old 30th September 2010, 20:22   #701
BHPian

The TDCI doesn't run out of steam after 120 if you use the throttle judiciously. Don't floor it suddenly. if you do that the car is not going to go anywhere.Just apply constant pressure on the throttle and you will see it going above 150 easily. However the zip that would be there from 80-120 would not be there.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 30th September 2010 at 20:24.
Old 30th September 2010, 21:37   #702
BHPian

Thanks

Thanks Gemi for Confirming.

@vishnurp99,
After reading your inputs, I tried the methods suggested by you and it really works, I have enjoyed lesser gear changes in city with the technique you suggested (within City). I was able to hit 80 slightly below 2000 rpm and that reflects in driving torque and not BHP.

Am getting better day by day driving diesels, thanks to all @ team-bhp.

The real problem is this Car, it behaves like a petrol when a/c is off. Kya kare control nahi hota.
Old 18th October 2010, 20:09   #703
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pics of the minor damage from the accident.
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc04581-small.jpg
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc04582-small.jpg

The curious issue of the rear window - FIXED.

I hope most Figo owners / prospective owners would be aware of the infamous rear window that rolls down on its own. Ford has come out with a fixby just changing the position of the winder. The new position is like this.
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc04652-small.jpg
Old 20th October 2010, 09:34   #704
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Gemi - u had a small scratch my ksrtc bus before. Is this different and i see a dent
Old 20th October 2010, 15:03   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Gemi - u had a small scratch my ksrtc bus before. Is this different and i see a dent
The scratch was presented by the KSRTC bus on the second week of buying the car. The dent is from an alto that hit me from the back when i braked suddenly to avoid an idiotic autorikshaw guy. You can see the bumper is also slightly displaced from this impact.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks