Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2010, 11:40   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Just read the whole thread. Specially the FE part.
Dunno about you guys but here is an update of 2 days old FIGO.
40 ltrs fuel and it has already ran 400KM in half tank.
Half tank in the fuel gauge does not mean actual half tank.
The scale will not be linear in most of the vehicles.
Keep a tab on the full tank to full tank figures to get accurate FE figues.
Old 26th June 2010, 12:19   #602
Senior - BHPian

Another 2 Mileage Updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hi Gemi,
I really get useful updates from your end. Thanks for the same.
Wanted to know what are these *follow me home* headlights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
The Fuel lid on the Fusion is a convenience and a disaster at the same time. Convenience, because it does not involve bending down and pulling some small lever under the seat.

Disaster, because kids playing near the house keep pulling on the notch resulting in ruining the locking mechanism. This results in the solenoid driven locking mechanism to fail over time and after that there are two things that can happen. Either it stays locked or the central locking stays open. Pain.

I think it's a welcome change.

Would like to know more on the "Follow me home" lights on Fusion. Never used this feature.

Thanks. Very true about the fuel lid. On the Figo every time you pull the knob under the seat the fuel lid covers opens fully with a spring so they could easily have avoided the notch on the lid.

Follow me Home headlights is the feature where the park lights stay on for around 10 seconds every time you open/lock the central locking. This gives you some light in front of the car. Really useful feature at night.

Quote:
Just read the whole thread. Specially the FE part.

Dunno about you guys but here is an update of 2 days old FIGO.

40 ltrs fuel and it has already ran 400KM in half tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arihant.EXE View Post
those are seriously good figures buddy

can you please explain us about ur driving methods with regards to Diesel FIGO and the RPM`s at which u change your gears as well the roads u were driving on ?

it will help us poor souls who are getting really peeved by this increase in diesel prices, if we can shoot up our mileage

warm regards

please please give a detailed explanation of the same.
these are the best/finesh FE figures for FIGO @ TBHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Half tank in the fuel gauge does not mean actual half tank.
The scale will not be linear in most of the vehicles.
Keep a tab on the full tank to full tank figures to get accurate FE figues.
True the scale is not linear. For that matter I've not seen it linear on any car.

Would be interesting to know the kind of driving you did. If its full highway running condition with sedate driving i think its possible. Anyways do update us on mileage figures, driving conditions and driving style.

Another 2 Mileage Updates

Full City Driving with around 85% a/c and trying to maintain close to 2K rpm most of the time : Around 13.8km/l

Full Highway driving over 2 days visiting 2 places. Covered 400km. Both times the onward journey was with gear changes at around 2.5-3k rpm since i was trying to reach my destination as early as possible. Nothing close to sedate driving. The drives back on both occasions where more or less normal sedate driving. She took in 25.8 litres of diesel giving me: Around 15.5km/l

Last edited by gemithomas : 26th June 2010 at 12:24.
Old 26th June 2010, 13:37   #603
Senior - BHPian

Yes i am aware of the fact half tank is not the way to measure it. Ill let you guys know the figure in 2 - 3 days. But i am atleast expecting it to run around 680-700 KM.

Driving is 100% city with 100% AC which includes peak hour traffic and in evening wandering around here and there. 32PSi in all tyres.

Upshift at 2000 RPM and keeping the car between 1500-2000 rpm in all gears. Downshifting as soon as the RPM drops to 1300. No hard acceleration for now. Will be pushing it this Sunday to 3000 RPM. (Red line a day keeps the carbon away)
Old 26th June 2010, 13:48   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Follow me Home headlights is the feature where the park lights stay on for around 10 seconds every time you open/lock the central locking. This gives you some light in front of the car. Really useful feature at night.
Ah. Did not know the version 2 had them. The first version does not have these, but any other lamp left on inside the vehicle dims out automatically after some time. Fiat aggressively advertised these lamps in Punto and Linea.
Old 26th June 2010, 21:22   #605
BHPian

Got the first service done today. Bill 1183/-. After the oil change, oil filter change, wash and polishing, drove her out and found myself facing the SQUEAKY problem from the rear left. The car was washed from below with full water pressure. Maybe this resulted in grease being washed out from the rubber gasket. Will get it greased and update whether the sound vanishes or not. And yes its really IRRITATING !!
Old 26th June 2010, 21:28   #606
BHPian

Putting of the pics of the chiller/thirsty A/C compressor. Really hits the fuel efficiency but I am happy since I don't have to sweat in this hot and humid weather like hyundai i20 customers (Weak Hyundai i20 air-conditioner. EDIT : Test results on pg. 4).
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-100_43001.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-100_4302.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-100_4303.jpg  

Old 29th June 2010, 17:47   #607
Senior - BHPian

FE figures after 1st tank full - 16.xx KMPL. 100 % city driving with 100% AC. My Alto gives around 14-15 in the same driving conditions.

The above includes 30+ mins of idling and wandering around in city for nothing. I was expecting 17.xx but 16.xx is not bad at all.

Last edited by abhibh : 29th June 2010 at 17:51.
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:51   #608
Senior - BHPian

A new Find

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Putting of the pics of the chiller/thirsty A/C compressor.
Thanks for the pics Diesel lover.

Quote:
FE figures after 1st tank full - 16.xx KMPL. 100 % city driving with 100% AC. My Alto gives around 14-15 in the same driving conditions.

The above includes 30+ mins of idling and wandering around in city for nothing. I was expecting 17.xx but 16.xx is not bad at all.
Thats real good F.E after that idling.

A new find
Not sure if you guys know this already but to me it was a new find.

Ever since i got the car i had been wondering what that hole was doing there.
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc04154-medium.jpg

Last time i gave her a wash i fiddled around that area and found out this.
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc04157-medium.jpg

Very helpful when you want to put down the seat and dont want the seat belts to come on the way.

And here is one after the wash. Not so good a pic. But still.
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc04181-medium.jpg
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:08   #609
BHPian

Excellent find. Thanks. Your thread is the reference thread for Figo owners.
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:27   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pics Diesel lover.

Thats real good F.E after that idling.

A new find
Not sure if you guys know this already but to me it was a new find.

And here is one after the wash. Not so good a pic. But still.
Attachment 379320

Excellent find Gemi. Actually I read and reread this thread every day, kind of getting too obsessed, now that my car's delivery is tomorrow JUST CANT WAIT!!

@Gemi may be you could do away by blurring your reg no! and a small doubt does your number end in Z? is that possible or is it 2?

@ abhibh: those are great figures! congrats!
Old 3rd July 2010, 14:05   #611
Senior - BHPian

Gave my car for service with ODO reading at 2415. The car has done 2500KM now.
I got my car back from the first service. I had my windshield replaced. Some really tiny stones fell on it and cracked the windshield.
Claimed Insurance.
Total charge for the windshield, rubber parts, sealant and labour - 7250
Insurance paid about 5300.
Rest I had to pay from my pocket.

My first service bill was 966. Which included OIL and OIL filter change.

I complained about the squeak, the SA said he will take a look at it. When I got the car back the squeak was still there but it was better.
Later when I went to refuel I checked the air pressure, Brilliant people at ford service had reduced the tyre pressure to 23PSI on all 4 tyres! !

I got filled back to 30PSI and the squeak was back with all its glory!

I will upload pics and update my thread once power comes back.
Old 3rd July 2010, 19:19   #612
BHPian

Quote:

Very helpful when you want to put down the seat and dont want the seat belts to come on the way.

Attachment 379320

Gemi you rock - only today I remove those plastic covering and had to fold the seats. Was wondering why those slots were there. I wasnt so careful and got grease all over the seat belts. Now I know where to keep those belt buckle plugged.
Old 4th July 2010, 13:14   #613
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. Happy to know its helping.

Another FE update - 14.8km/l.
Full details here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1966249
Old 6th July 2010, 23:34   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I complained about the squeak, the SA said he will take a look at it. When I got the car back the squeak was still there but it was better.
Later when I went to refuel I checked the air pressure, Brilliant people at ford service had reduced the tyre pressure to 23PSI on all 4 tyres! !

I got filled back to 30PSI and the squeak was back with all its glory!
The squeak originates from rear (left or right). It is due to a loose plastic lock at the rear. This lock connects a plastic part to the roof.
Old 6th July 2010, 23:41   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. Happy to know its helping.

Another FE update - 14.8km/l.
Full details here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1966249
Thats an improvement over last figures i guess. BTW there is no redline in FIGO the whole instrument panel is red

2nd FE update from my side. 16.xx again and car has done 1300+ KM now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks