Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:22   #586
BHPian

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes Gemi, i might need to do another test drive to see if there are any issues with the driving position. I'm totally confused about setting my priorities in choosing the new car. Its good we have so much choices around, but damn, it's so confusing now. While I am 100% sure that Figo is true VFM, small glitches here and there is making me hesitant to fall for it eyes closed By the way I was pleasantly surprised at the number of follow-ups i received from Kairali Ford here. One guy called up to tell me he would be taking care of our queries and then the next day another lady called up to check if we were satisfied with the follow-up :-D We got 0 follow-up calls from Hyundai though, but i guess it's because we told them it would take some time before we finally decide.
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:59   #587
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
[*]I really miss the rear wiper/defogger. With the slightest hint of rain the a/c starts fogging the rear glass leaving me clueless of what is happening behind.
You can minimise this by changing the middle vent position as well as reducing that temperature knob.

What about the door mirrors?

Quote:
[*]I would also have loved if the fuel cover did not have that thingy to put your fingers in between and pull. Its very inviting for kids and even the fuel attendant pulls at it at least once before i open the thing.
The day somebody pulls it and breaks the mechanism, you can claim damages from Ford for a genuine design fault!
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:50   #588
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Hi Gemi,

I would like to ask you about the rear bench comfort if you have any details about this. We are considering this car in the near future and did a test drive last week. However father was saying that the rear seat back rest was not tall enough to achieve a comfortable position and that too the affixed head rest is just namesake and reaches only till the neck (safety hazard as well??). I failed to notice all these stuffs since I was only concentrating on the driver's seat and how I would fit in there

While at it, another thing that confused me is the design of the driver's seat head rest, I found the forward incline too much and felt very weird and uncomfortable leaning back against it. Could you tell me if you face the same issue. I was honestly thinking how on earth could a seat be designed in such a manner. Will a small neck-reat pillow solve the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I agree with your observations 100%. the seats are not comfortable at all, and quickly lead to back pain. This was a factor I consciously compromised on, for the car's virtues in other areas. Seat height adjust overcomes the problem somewhat, because you can keep changing the position to avoi back pain.but the car is not very good on seat comfort, I felt that th co passenger seat on front is the worst.

Vista rules here, Swift is good too.

But Figo rules in dynamics :-)
Quote:
Yes the rear headrests are not as high as one would really want it to be but personally i really liked the seating posture. It does not feel like a small car with the leg room available and the nice incline it has got (still not as perfect as the U-va rear seats ). The front headrests look a bit too inclined but personally i have not been disturbed by this. But some have complained about this causing neck pain. Maybe its my driving posture that does not make me feel this. I suggest you take another drive and check out if its disturbing you in your normal driving posture.

Hope it helps. Do update on your decision. All the best for your Car Hunt
I am 6'2'' tall and drove almost 500km of SH, village road & NH on a single day. I never felt any discomfort of driver seat. No pain or stress so far after driving Figo. Would be able to comment after doing a tirupathi drive shortly in a single day.

I agree Swift has the best driver seats and Vista - the best rear seats.
3 adults cannot sit comfortable for a long journey but have ample leg room at the back in Figo.
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:57   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I am 6'2'' tall and drove almost 500km of SH, village road & NH on a single day. I never felt any discomfort of driver seat. No pain or stress so far after driving Figo. Would be able to comment after doing a tirupathi drive shortly in a single day.

I agree Swift has the best driver seats and Vista - the best rear seats.
3 adults cannot sit comfortable for a long journey but have ample leg room at the back in Figo.
Also wanted to add that Figo's interiors are not claustrophobic - larger windows, windscreen, quarter glass at the back - minimum blind spots which adds to the safety.

This is not the case in Swift.
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:37   #590
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Yes Witwiky..
The best part of Figo is the road view - it is exemplary which I have mentioned in my ownership report. (still not uploaded the photos - waiting )
Old 23rd June 2010, 02:13   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
The day somebody pulls it and breaks the mechanism, you can claim damages from Ford for a genuine design fault!
Very true, I just don't understand why have Ford provided the noch on the fuel cap opener, it could have been just left flat like all the other cars.

Surely that notch tempts kids/petrol bunk fellows to pull it and damaging the locking mechanism.

Some body from FORD listen and change it.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:15   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
Yes, I went to Planet Ford on Saturday and checked whether they grease the pipe before delivery and to my amazement, they dont grease any part before delivery. The SA said, greasing is done only when a customer complaints about any noise/ creaks like I did. But he knew where the problem was.

The noise is gone now. They sprayed a 3M lubricant on it. Check attached image which is below the Rear - Left and Right seats.
Thanks for the update. Good to know its back to silence in the cabin. Actually its just after the squeak went off that i realised how irritating it had been!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes Gemi, i might need to do another test drive to see if there are any issues with the driving position. I'm totally confused about setting my priorities in choosing the new car. Its good we have so much choices around, but damn, it's so confusing now.
Buying a car indeed is a tough decision now a days. Do set your priorities right before you take a decision. A car is not something we change often and trust me no one else can be right about the car YOU need to buy.

Quote:
Hi,
You can minimise this by changing the middle vent position as well as reducing that temperature knob.

What about the door mirrors?
Even the door mirrors are like that. I've tried lower temperature settings but still is not as clear as i would like it to be. Its probably the price we pay for better cooing capabilities!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I really find it interesting that some are complaining so much about the Figo seats and some are very happy with it. I think its worth a check on if the people who complain having the seats with height adjustment facility. There should be some reason for this very diverse opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Very true, I just don't understand why have Ford provided the noch on the fuel cap opener, it could have been just left flat like all the other cars.

Surely that notch tempts kids/petrol bunk fellows to pull it and damaging the locking mechanism.

On our Fusion the fuel lid lock is connected to the central locking system. So if the car is locked the fuel lid wont open. And when the central lock is open the fuel lid can be pulled out using this notch. I guess ford decided to use the same lid even though they changed the locking system to one that has to be pulled on the drivers side floor.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:09   #593
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
They won't!

Quote:
I guess ford decided to use the same lid even though they changed the locking system to one that has to be pulled on the drivers side floor.
Economies of scale! Why change a part when one is already available?

Quote:
Even the door mirrors are like that. I've tried lower temperature settings but still is not as clear as i would like it to be. Its probably the price we pay for better cooing capabilities!!
Well, it is doing OK with lower temperatures for me. But the droplets on the side mirrors render them useless.
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:55   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Well, it is doing OK with lower temperatures for me. But the droplets on the side mirrors render them useless.
I have tried this in various permutations and combinations. This is always varied, you need to get the AC temperature right, sometimes need to switch the airflow onto the windscreen completely.

These settings will differ based on the outside temperature and humidity.
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:36   #595
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
These settings will differ based on the outside temperature and humidity.
You are absolutely right about that. You can get it right eventually.
Old 25th June 2010, 15:46   #596
BHPian

Quote:
I knew that the first thing they would do is fiddle with the suspension and probably remove the plastic on the C pillar and surely create newer issues in the process.
Very true. They fiddled with my suspension and now the suspension is making noise :(

To all others facing the irritating squeak, DON'T let the Ford people fiddle with anything else!!
Old 25th June 2010, 21:23   #597
BHPian

Quote:
I guess ford could easily give those follow me home headlights (like on our fusion). It feels so good.
Hi Gemi,

I really get useful updates from your end. Thanks for the same.

Wanted to know what are these *follow me home* headlights?
Old 25th June 2010, 23:39   #598
Senior - BHPian

Just read the whole thread. Specially the FE part.

Dunno about you guys but here is an update of 2 days old FIGO.

40 ltrs fuel and it has already ran 400KM in half tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-25062010071.jpg  

Old 26th June 2010, 01:16   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Just read the whole thread. Specially the FE part.

Dunno about you guys but here is an update of 2 days old FIGO.

40 ltrs fuel and it has already ran 400KM in half tank.

those are seriously good figures buddy

can you please explain us about ur driving methods with regards to Diesel FIGO and the RPM`s at which u change your gears as well the roads u were driving on ?

it will help us poor souls who are getting really peeved by this increase in diesel prices, if we can shoot up our mileage

warm regards

please please give a detailed explanation of the same.
these are the best/finesh FE figures for FIGO @ TBHP
Old 26th June 2010, 10:46   #600
BHPian

Quote:
On our Fusion the fuel lid lock is connected to the central locking system. So if the car is locked the fuel lid wont open. And when the central lock is open the fuel lid can be pulled out using this notch. I guess ford decided to use the same lid even though they changed the locking system to one that has to be pulled on the drivers side floor.
The Fuel lid on the Fusion is a convenience and a disaster at the same time. Convenience, because it does not involve bending down and pulling some small lever under the seat.

Disaster, because kids playing near the house keep pulling on the notch resulting in ruining the locking mechanism. This results in the solenoid driven locking mechanism to fail over time and after that there are two things that can happen. Either it stays locked or the central locking stays open. Pain.

I think it's a welcome change.

Would like to know more on the "Follow me home" lights on Fusion. Never used this feature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks