Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 20:54   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Welcome to the squeak club, Captain Finally, Blank Donkey" also started squirming and squeaking ! In my case, strangely it is not observed these days. May it will be more prominent while driving on uneven, curvy roads. Or the springs have settled down ( this is what Mustang suggested) as I crossed 2K now. I think there is a patter...Everyone who reported this, is getting it after 500 - 800 KM. Lets watch whether it goes off by 2000 KM, so far I believe this theory from Mustang.
havent had the squeak yet, touchwood, have done 1700 kms will take it for service on 26th, goin to coorg this weekend. so better to get the service done before hand/
Old 26th May 2010, 11:08   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
havent had the squeak yet, touchwood, have done 1700 kms will take it for service on 26th, goin to coorg this weekend. so better to get the service done before hand/
I have this squeak coming from somewhere inside the cabin below the rear right seat...

It was not the parcel tray as I had suggested earlier... I have done over 3700 kms in my Figo and I am taking her to the service station this saturday. will let you all know what the service advisor says about this...

Also, my bluetooth has stopped working after my first service. when I switch on my bluetooth, the screen only shows "BT Waiting" forever.

This was one feature I loved in the car and its not working now. Very disappointed with this. Tried removing the fuse and putting it back, still does not work.

Hope they replace/ fix this problem on Saturday.

Anyone else having problems with the bluetooth?
Old 26th May 2010, 13:40   #513
BHPian

Have you set BT visibility on both the phone and the car.

The manual has detailed instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
Anyone else having problems with the bluetooth?
Old 26th May 2010, 17:32   #514
Senior - BHPian

The squeak is still as irritating as it could be. I have tried almost everything that i could think of.

But there is some good news. Got a call from Ford dealership today. They said they can give me two of the front mud flaps at around Rs.260/-. Hope ford has decided to sell them atleast in pairs otherwise i was really having doubts about the "low cost of ownership". Will update on the actual cost after i get them fitted

The cost of the rear bumpers only at around Rs.1300/- is also a good sign.
( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1905862) )
Old 27th May 2010, 12:28   #515
Senior - BHPian

So here comes the Good News

1. Mud Flaps are available in set of 2. Just fitted both front flaps at around Rs.260/-. Cut off around 1-2 inches to be on the safer side.
2. They seem to have found the culprit for the squeak from the rear right on another car. It was some loose clip inside the C pillar cover at the rear. I will get mine checked when i get time.
3. The service guy said that the more i maintain close to 2K rpm the more mileage i would get. So i've got some more testing to do.
Old 27th May 2010, 14:30   #516
BHPian

I have that exact squeak from my WagonR. Somewhere inside the pillar near the driver's seat.

2K - let me try out that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
2. They seem to have found the culprit for the squeak from the rear right on another car. It was some loose clip inside the C pillar cover at the rear. I will get mine checked when i get time.
3. The service guy said that the more i maintain close to 2K rpm the more mileage i would get. So i've got some more testing to do.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:23   #517
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
1750 is the RPM at 70kph in fifth gear. That is what I do as a maximum, at least that is what I try.

With 2 of us today, at a point 44kms from my home (light junction just before the Aroor tollgate) the Scangauage gave an average of 14mpl (22.40kpl). When I stopped at the Lourdes Hospital, Pachalam 22 kms later via Edakochi, Mediacl Trust Hospital, Church landing Road, High court jn), the average had come down to 12.1mpl (19.36kpl).

The first 44kms were done in 51 minutes and the remaining 22 kms were done in 48 minutes.

The Scanguage reported the following for today' trip:

86.3 miles (157.44 kms) in 246 minutes off running at a 20 mph (32kpl) average speed), giving 10.5mpl (16.8 kpl) consuming 8.21L of diesel.

It did run inside Ernakulam and I did have several stops. From the last stop (opp. Hyundai showroom near Kundannoor) to home, the reported mileage was 11.3mpl (18.08kpl).

None of the above can be dismissed off as a bad set of figures. The moment you cross 1750RPM in fifth gear, you are above the speed limit in Kerala.
Old 27th May 2010, 23:22   #518
Senior - BHPian

Those a good F.E figures. So now i have to wait for some miracle to happen so that i too can post such figures

One more thing i forgot to mention. Remember those pics i had posted of a sensor like thing inside the engine bay. I had asked on what that thing is. For those who missed it check out the first two pics here

Well, thats supposed to be a Breather for the Gear Box. Its supposed to let in/out air from the Gear Box.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:50   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Have you set BT visibility on both the phone and the car.

The manual has detailed instructions.
I checked this. But the BT options wont activate as the BT is not turned on even after switching on the BT from the ICE, the display just shows BT Waiting.

I hope Ford replaces the ICE in this case. :(
Old 28th May 2010, 20:23   #520
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gemi,

Quote:
Those a good F.E figures.
For the first time, the actual figures came to 15.1jpl. This is the first time the variation has been high and I don't know the reason.

Let us wait for the next refill.
Old 30th May 2010, 10:36   #521
Senior - BHPian

Nothing much to update except for my Full Tank that gave me an FE of 13.1km/l in city driving. I've realised that the DTE is very close to accurate during its last phase, especially when the low fuel lamp turns on.

Done 4K km. Except for that sound from the rear, everything seems good.
Old 30th May 2010, 20:12   #522
BHPian

Got the 2nd tankful of Diesel yesterday and my Figo TDCi returned a city mileage of 14.3 kmpl with 80% AC on which seems a bit less than expected. But since it has covered just 700 odd kms in 2 months of driving, I just hope to get more out of it the next time I fill in. Moreover with Gemi quoting a 13.1 figure even after 4K running, which is quite low, I think it is a distant dream to get a figure of 16 in city.
Old 31st May 2010, 12:25   #523
BHPian

I have done 4k kms on my Figo TDCi and I get a consistent FE of 16+ kmpl even after first servicing.

The rear squeak persists. No one can find the source of it.

My ICE has been replaced by a service ICE as the Bluetooth is not working. The SA at Ford A.S.S says it will take 8 days to get repaired, which will be free of cost. Will update you guys about the repair experience once done.
Old 1st June 2010, 16:49   #524
Senior - BHPian

Hey! Witwiky. Is pune one of the 13 BSIV cities? Just to know if the fuel is playing spoil sport

For those who missed it. DTE FAQ's From Ford.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1913184

Last edited by gemithomas : 1st June 2010 at 16:54.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:09   #525
superveloce

Hey gemi,

I dont own a figo but i have been silently observing this figo mileage debate go on and on. Is it possible for all the 'figonians' to collectively record their mileage in a single thread, (either a new thread or the testdrive thread)? If it could be done it would help resolve this debate, and also help draw some kind of concrete conclusion. Also now i think we have a large enough sample of figo owners on team-bhp and we can draw a vast range of mileage readings which will not only give us a large variation and also help to draw some average (mean) mileage figures.
Just to give an idea, every figo owner could put down his best mileage, his worst mileage and what he considers as his average mileage. (even though it wont make this completely objective). Finally we could get some answers.
Its just a thought, no pressure buddy, also if someone has already tried this then please ignore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks