Old 13th May 2010, 15:57   #451
Senior - BHPian

gemithomas
Very bold and honest report! I like it!

Your FE figures are with the ac?
Old 13th May 2010, 16:37   #452
RGK
Senior - BHPian

It is always better to get the FE figures with AC. As brix says that Figo has let down in FE which Ford cleverly avoided during its promotions & advts. All of us were driven by the fact that same ?!! Fiesta engine will give more than Fiesta (what an assumption).
With A/c on highways at a speed of 100 kmph - modern diesel motor should give 20 (+/- 1 km), which is seen across all vehicles except this great Figo.
In city with A/c 15 is acceptable and anything less is nothing but the inefficiency of the engine & vehicle.
Old 13th May 2010, 17:37   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I still have not got the price list for the ford accessories. Its been over a month now since i asked customer care via mail.
Hey gemithomas,

You can check the link below. There is a scan of the accessories price list from Noida, dealer is South City Ford. I remember seeing the same rates and items at my dealer in Pune as well so I guess, it must be the same at your dealer.

Sometimes just a simple google search works.

Fan photos from Ford Figo | Facebook
Old 13th May 2010, 18:09   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
All of us were driven by the fact that same ?!! Fiesta engine will give more than Fiesta (what an assumption).
All this talk about Figo's FE being lesser than the Fiesta's and Ikon's is BS unless all three cars are driven by the same person under the same conditions. If the Figo gives a substantially lesser FE compared to the other two for the same person, then there is an issue.

Now just because your uncle or neighbor says they get 17 in the city with AC on in the Fiesta/Ikon in the city does not necessarily mean you will get the same or better in the Figo. In fact, I don't think the Ikon/Fiesta can give more than 13-14 in the city. Check the Fiesta diesel ownership summary on TBHP. The city FE is 14.3. Figo FE does appear to be within 10% of that. Some have reported 13, some have reported 15. Highway mileage for Fiesta is 18.3. For the Linea it is 17.1 and identical figures for the Punto. Swift is 19.1. None of them are getting an average of 20+. I am sure it's possible to get 20+ once in a while by pussyfooting the car, but then what's the fun in driving.

I know an Ikon cabbie who gets 18 in the city but he typically runs his car from 10 pm to 7 am. Ford will advertise only ARAI mileage and that's public info. If you believed the dealer's tall tales about 16-18 in the city, then you need a reality check like what you are getting right now.

EDIT: Is there anyone on this forum who owns a Figo and a Fiesta/Ikon?

Last edited by Gilead : 13th May 2010 at 18:24.
Old 13th May 2010, 18:53   #455
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@ Gilead: Dealer tales are purely sales promotion figures. But inconsistency & relatively lower figures are concerns of Figo.
My own exp driven a 55k done Tata Indica from Trichy to Tamabaram at 90km/h in exactly 4 hours and got a mileage of 20.3 km/l. Is TDCi not a better one than Indica's ? and should I not expect more FE in a latest engine?
OT: is your 1.6 car no is 1318
Old 13th May 2010, 19:03   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Regarding Diesels 1.4 and Petrols 1.6 Fords on Highway:
Depending on the power available from the Diesel is great when you are moving mountains, the large amount of torque at low RPM makes life easy, but when you need to overtake that annoying Sumo with disco lights doing 80 kmph, you need to really struggle hard. In a petrol its a piece of cake, dab the pedal in whatever gear and the car just moves.
Exactly. It is just that thing that i am really missing while i drive this Diesel. My earlier petrol just needed a downshift for me to be in front of a car. With this one its a lot about pre-planning your moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
If the logic is to drive more to get more mileage - its bad logic for me.
I meant you run more since its diesel and you have a feeling that its cheaper to run. Thereby you actually run much more and spend equal (if not more) amount than you would have if you owned a petrol engined car. Atleast with me that seems to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
And I am getting a FE of 16 to 17 kmpl so far after two cycles of tank full to tank full FE calculations after driving in a mix of all driving conditions - city, highway, ghats, rain, hail storms, summer, etc.
Congrats. Thats real good F.E i would say. Do you travel less in the afternoon sun. I have a feeling my DTE falls pretty fast when i am travelling in the sun. Need to check that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
gemithomas
Very bold and honest report! I like it!

Your FE figures are with the ac?
Thanks Captain. All figures are with atleast 95% a/c. I turn off the a/c only once in a while during the evenings/rain when it gets extremely cold.

Quote:
It is always better to get the FE figures with AC. As brix says that Figo has let down in FE which Ford cleverly avoided during its promotions & advts. All of us were driven by the fact that same ?!! Fiesta engine will give more than Fiesta (what an assumption).
With A/c on highways at a speed of 100 kmph - modern diesel motor should give 20 (+/- 1 km), which is seen across all vehicles except this great Figo.
In city with A/c 15 is acceptable and anything less is nothing but the inefficiency of the engine & vehicle.
I really dont understand how this HUGE variance in FE figures was missed out during those numerous tests ford claims to have done on the Figo before launch.

The biggest fault is the dealers promoting the 20km/l funda. It raises hopes and leads to hate and distress towards the car/brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
Hey gemithomas,

You can check the link below. There is a scan of the accessories price list from Noida, dealer is South City Ford. I remember seeing the same rates and items at my dealer in Pune as well so I guess, it must be the same at your dealer.
Thanks. I have seen a similar one that was posted on t-bhp / facebook much earlier. The prices quoted by my dealers were no where near to that. For instance they quoted Rs.5300 for the Fog lamps and a whooping Rs.1300 for the front chrome grill....Yes the one with a printed cost of around 500 in that list!!!

I just said "THANKS!!!" and walked away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
All this talk about Figo's FE being lesser than the Fiesta's and Ikon's is BS unless all three cars are driven by the same person under the same conditions. If the Figo gives a substantially lesser FE compared to the other two for the same person, then there is an issue.

Now just because your uncle or neighbor says they get 17 in the city with AC on in the Fiesta/Ikon in the city does not necessarily mean you will get the same or better in the Figo. In fact, I don't think the Ikon/Fiesta can give more than 13-14 in the city. Check the Fiesta diesel ownership summary on TBHP. The city FE is 14.3. Figo FE does appear to be within 10% of that. Some have reported 13, some have reported 15. Highway mileage for Fiesta is 18.3. For the Linea it is 17.1 and identical figures for the Punto. Swift is 19.1. None of them are getting an average of 20+. I am sure it's possible to get 20+ once in a while by pussyfooting the car, but then what's the fun in driving.

I know an Ikon cabbie who gets 18 in the city but he typically runs his car from 10 pm to 7 am. Ford will advertise only ARAI mileage and that's public info. If you believed the dealer's tall tales about 16-18 in the city, then you need a reality check like what you are getting right now.

EDIT: Is there anyone on this forum who owns a Figo and a Fiesta/Ikon?
Quote:
@ Gilead: Dealer tales are purely sales promotion figures. But inconsistency & relatively lower figures are concerns of Figo.
My own exp driven a 55k done Tata Indica from Trichy to Tamabaram at 90km/h in exactly 4 hours and got a mileage of 20.3 km/l. Is TDCi not a better one than Indica's ? and should I not expect more FE in a latest engine?

I think the issue has moved further from a low F.E issue. Our own dr.trrk has mentioned in his thread that he got around 9km/l once and around 22km/l another time. The same person driving the same car with almost same load conditions. The only thing that changed was the road and the time of travel.

I have got around 12km/l from city drives and on the same day i refilled i got around 17km/l on highway.

This proves that the TDCI engine is capable. It would surely come out with exemplary figures during those mileage marathons. But in practical day to day driving the variance is so high that the average F.E of a common user is pulled down so hardly.

The car is neither very strong in pulling at higher gears at lower speeds nor does it enjoy very strong top end grunt. With such characteristics the engine ought to give back better average FE figures.

For the good of the brand/car, either Ford should come up with an ECU tweak or they should immediately stop their dealers from promoting the 20km/l funda.

I'm forced to say this again. How did ford not come to know about this kind of variance in FE during those numerous tests they claim to have done on the Figo.

Last edited by gemithomas : 13th May 2010 at 19:06.
Old 13th May 2010, 19:04   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So give your driver the Figo after it has had a good run in and ask him to make that same stretch again. Then come back and report the FE figures. It's rather pointless complaining about FE of a car that's not even in your possession yet.

Quote:
OT: is your 1.6 car no is 1318
No, it's not. There are no TBHP stickers on my car.

Quote:
For the good of the brand/car, either Ford should come up with an ECU tweak or they should immediately stop their dealers from promoting the 20km/l funda.
That's the ARAI mileage if I am not mistaken. And I assume they must have driven under varying conditions. So you think ARAI made a mistake?

Last edited by Gilead : 13th May 2010 at 19:08.
Old 13th May 2010, 19:13   #458
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So give your driver the Figo after it has had a good run in and ask him to make that same stretch again. Then come back and report the FE figures. It's rather pointless complaining about FE of a car that's not even in your possession yet.

No, it's not. There are no TBHP stickers on my car.

That's the ARAI mileage if I am not mistaken. And I assume they must have driven under varying conditions. So you think ARAI made a mistake?

Definitely will do that. But the inconsistent figures are concern and no body has got any exceptional figures.

No it did not have, but it was Aquarius Blue 1.6 S - hence my query
Old 13th May 2010, 19:13   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you seem the ARAI figures of the FIAT 1.6 engine. Just try showing that to a FIAT 1.6 owner you'll get my answer
Old 13th May 2010, 19:17   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you seem the ARAI figures of the FIAT 1.6 engine. Just try showing that to a FIAT 1.6 owner you'll get my answer
That's exactly what's happening with the Figo as well. If you yourself don't expect ARAI-like mileage on a Palio 1.6, why are you expecting the same on a Figo 1.4? But there is absolutely nothing wrong in Ford or Fiat advertising ARAI figures.

Quote:
Definitely will do that. But the inconsistent figures are concern and no body has got any exceptional figures.
trrk reported 22 kmpl on a particular run. What would be exceptional for you? How will it be practically possible for all owners in the country to report 'consistent' FE figures. Of course it would be inconsistent. Take a look at the Ritz thread in the Technical Section. Owners are reporting anything from 9-15.

Last edited by Gilead : 13th May 2010 at 19:24.
Old 13th May 2010, 19:24   #461
Senior - BHPian

Fully agree with you Gilead. If the 1.4 TDCi performed close to the FIAT 1.6 i dont thing anyone would have complained. As i said the engine does not pull from lower speeds at lower gears, it does not have top end grunt, it makes more noise. The dealers say that you will surely get anything close to 20 always since its the proven Fiesta engine. All i said is that they are overselling the 20km/l funds.

Common Gilead anyone buying a 5L Diesel would be looking for pocket friendliness more importantly than anything else. All i say is dont promote the car with figures that are practically not possible to get. Most buyers out there are not t-bhp members and are least bothered about the factors that lead to F.E. You tell him 20 and gets 12 he's gonna kill the brand.
Old 13th May 2010, 19:27   #462
BHPian

Figo vs Fiesta.

I have a figo as well as a fiesta.Both of them seem to have similar mileage with my fiesta having a km or 2 advantage since it has few thousands of kilometer under it's belt.
Old 13th May 2010, 21:52   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
I have a figo as well as a fiesta.Both of them seem to have similar mileage with my fiesta having a km or 2 advantage since it has few thousands of kilometer under it's belt.
would be helpful if you mention how much if you have checked.
Old 14th May 2010, 00:13   #464
Senior - BHPian

ARAI figures are ascertained by running the car in 60:40 city:highway split (not very sure of that ratio though) with no AC and no ICE and with two people in it.

That should give worried Figo owners a perspective regarding the FE, since they are disappointed that their cars are falling short of the ARAI figures.
Old 14th May 2010, 09:41   #465
BHPian

I had posted the FE figures that I got on the first tankful on my FIGO TDCI. It was 16.3 with AC on all the time under city traffic conditions.

So my daily drive is from South Delhi to Gurgaon and back and the traffic varies from low in the morning to heavy in the evenings. During this tankful run I encountered varying conditions ranging from 3 minute traffic signals,slow moving traffic,intercity highway to maoderate traffic etc.

But I would still disagree with the logic given by Mustang for the low FE figures reported by fellow BHPians.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks