Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 15:31   #331
BHPian

dont worry over FE part.some concious effort to mash the throttle lightly would do the trick.As far your decision goes you made the right choice.
Old 30th April 2010, 16:48   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Have done around 2700km. I am currently running on my 5th full tank of Diesel.

Here are the approximate average mileage details

1st Tank fill - 14.5km/l (70% City and 30% Highway and around 30min idling with a/c on)
2nd Tank fill - 13.5km/l (Full City Driving)
3rd Tank fill - 15.5km/l (50% City and 50% Highway with 200km in very heavy rains)
4th Tank fill - 14.5km/l (70% City and 30% highway with some 100km pedal to metal driving)

All figures are with a/c turned on almost 95% time

What do you guys say? Did i make a wrong decision in choosing the Figo Exi TDCi over the Beat LT @ around Rs.80K premium.

Or can i expect the FE figures to improve.
The FE figures do look a bit depressing but not to the extent that you should be depressed about the decision. You have made the right choice. I am instinctively hopeful that these figures will improve as the horses under the hood stretch their wings.

When is the next (first) service due BTW?
Old 30th April 2010, 17:43   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Mileage figures are neither great nor bad. City figures are not that much of concern since traffic congestion in different cities are different and probably you might be going through a tight route. But I thought highway figures are tad disappointing, even lower than current gen petrol vehicles.
The city i live in is not the kind of bumper to bumper traffic except once in a while. And the stays at traffic signals too are not as long as what i've seen in cities like bangalore. Thats why i was expecting more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Since you have done only 2700 kms there is hope. You should be getting better FE once the engine opens up. Pedal to metal driving = Downhill FE. The figures mentioned are not too bad but not good either. I'd say its somewhere in between both. Ideally it should be alteast 15-16 in the city and 18+ on the highway for the TDCi.
Thanks. I usually never drive pedal to metal. The one i did recently was just to know how bad it would affect F.E. And yes... It does affect it very badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
dont worry over FE part.some concious effort to mash the throttle lightly would do the trick.As far your decision goes you made the right choice.
Thanks aditya. What made me worried is the average mileage sticking just around 15km/l. I was expecting much more than that. Especially hearing all the claims of 18-24 from dealers and many people here and also considering the fact that the Figo is less heavier than the Fusion/Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
The FE figures do look a bit depressing but not to the extent that you should be depressed about the decision. You have made the right choice. I am instinctively hopeful that these figures will improve as the horses under the hood stretch their wings.

When is the next (first) service due BTW?
My First Service is done. I just did an oil change. There are some minor glitches that i need to get sorted out some time later. They did not do it during the oil change (though the kept the car for 8 hours) since i had gone there without an appointment. The story was posted earlier.

I hear stories of 18km/l in city and about 20-24 on highways from Fiat engined competitors. If that is true. How much can we expect from the TDCi.
Old 30th April 2010, 18:00   #334
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@ Gemi - To be frank the FE figures are not encouraging. Is the high powered A/c compressor the culprit. Anything less than 18km/l on highway is low mileage in modern day diesels. May be + or - 1km can be sacrificed for different driving styles. Your mileage worries me a lot.
How about drive4tech MJD of Vista ???
Old 30th April 2010, 18:43   #335
BHPian

Quote:
I hear stories of 18km/l in city and about 20-24 on highways from Fiat engined competitors. If that is true. How much can we expect from the TDCi.
IKON and Fiesta owners on TBHP are the right people to shed light on it; however, one of my friends who owns a Fiesta quoted ~16+ in Noida city driving and ~22+ on highways.
Old 30th April 2010, 19:21   #336
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IKON and Fiesta owners on TBHP are the right people to shed light on it; however, one of my friends who owns a Fiesta quoted ~16+ in Noida city driving and ~22+ on highways.
Yes Fiesta gives definitely more than Figo at present. Have seen people getting constantly 20km/l on highways. Infact all were hoping Figo will be more than Fiesta, but the truth is bitter. Hope Ford does something.
Old 30th April 2010, 19:58   #337
BHPian

Guys, I just went through some ownership threads of Fiesta TDCi on tbhp and no one is claiming 18KM/L in City driving conditions. All have been getting 14-17 KM/L in City driving conditions. I don't really see why Figo should be any different.
Old 30th April 2010, 20:08   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Guys, I just went through some ownership threads of Fiesta TDCi on tbhp and no one is claiming 18KM/L in City driving conditions. All have been getting 14-17 KM/L in City driving conditions. I don't really see why Figo should be any different.
Fiesta = 14-17
Figo = 12-14

Still a matter of concern, isn't it?
Old 30th April 2010, 20:24   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@ Gemi - To be frank the FE figures are not encouraging. Is the high powered A/c compressor the culprit. Anything less than 18km/l on highway is low mileage in modern day diesels. May be + or - 1km can be sacrificed for different driving styles. Your mileage worries me a lot.
How about drive4tech MJD of Vista ???
Well i wish i was rich enough to have the drive4tech too just for a comparo

On highways with strictly sedate driving i can surely get 18 (right now its around 17 so it surely would touch those figures in long run). What is bothering me is the average mileage figures of 14-15.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Yes Fiesta gives definitely more than Figo at present. Have seen people getting constantly 20km/l on highways. Infact all were hoping Figo will be more than Fiesta, but the truth is bitter. Hope Ford does something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Even my friend claims to be getting above 20 on highways from his fiesta even before first service. The issue is that all these are claims. I really dont know what is the truth. I too went through the Fiesta TDCi ownership threads. The average city mileage claimed here is just around 14.5km/l and the highway just around 18km/l. But Ford claims that the mileage for the Figo is much more than this. Even mustang says they are getting more while testing. So i dont see the reason why we should not be able to extract anywhere close.

Or is it that the realistic mileage is just around 15 in city and 18 on highways. If that is the case i am really happy. Its just that i want to know if i am doing something wrong.

Quote:
Fiesta = 14-17
Figo = 12-14

Still a matter of concern, isn't it?
Ditto.

Last edited by gemithomas : 30th April 2010 at 20:26.
Old 30th April 2010, 20:42   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or is it that the realistic mileage is just around 15 in city and 18 on highways. If that is the case i am really happy. Its just that i want to know if i am doing something wrong.
gemi, the realistic mileage under a regular driving style would indeed be 15 and 18. It can be extended if you drive with a very light foot in the city and cruise in 5th gear at 80 on the highway, but then it will get boring as well. As for people claiming higher mileage, maybe they have a light foot, maybe they drive in less start-stop traffic, or maybe they are just plain exaggerating in an attempt to avoid post purchase dissonance.
Old 30th April 2010, 21:10   #341
Senior - BHPian

The mileage of a car slowly takes a normal distribution statistically with so many people with different driving styles reporting their figures. We have to look at the mean value to get a clear picture. From what all we have heard till now Figo is not up to the mark on mileage front with no one reporting exceptional figures. I remember some one reporting highway figures of above 20-22 in some Linea thread.

Last edited by poloman : 30th April 2010 at 21:13.
Old 30th April 2010, 22:35   #342
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
gemi, the realistic mileage under a regular driving style would indeed be 15 and 18. It can be extended if you drive with a very light foot in the city and cruise in 5th gear at 80 on the highway, but then it will get boring as well. As for people claiming higher mileage, maybe they have a light foot, maybe they drive in less start-stop traffic, or maybe they are just plain exaggerating in an attempt to avoid post purchase dissonance.
Agreed Gilead. But the issue is inconsistency among all owners. City mileage is very low. With 100% AC on it is expected to return 14km, but it is 12 and no body has touched 18km/l in highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
no one reporting exceptional figures. I remember some one reporting highway figures of above 20-22 in some Linea thread.
That is the point. Atleast one or two should have got better FE's. Figo was expected to return better mileage figures than Fiesta. Almost all logan owners easily got between 18-22 on highway at a average speed of 100kmph. Swift Dzire DDIS driven constantly at 80 with A/c on got 23 immediately after delivery of the vehicle. I think I am too much worrying about Figo's FE now
Need to wait and see from rural owners where FE's are expected to be better
Old 30th April 2010, 23:18   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
The mileage of a car slowly takes a normal distribution statistically with so many people with different driving styles reporting their figures. We have to look at the mean value to get a clear picture. From what all we have heard till now Figo is not up to the mark on mileage front with no one reporting exceptional figures. I remember some one reporting highway figures of above 20-22 in some Linea thread.
I don't think many New Figo owners have any experience with Diesels to start with. Most would be shifting from a Petrol and would take time to get adjusted. This would show on the FE figures for some months to come. Owners with experience on the TDCi from their earlier car can probably check how much they are getting.

Regarding the Linea, it was probably going downhill. On all my trips to Hyderabad and Pune from Bangalore, the FE while going was 17-19 and while coming back was 14-16 kmpl.
  • Bangalore - Elevation: 920 m (3,018 ft)
  • Hyderabad - Elevation: 536 m (1,759 ft)
  • Pune - Elevation: 560 m (1,837 ft)
Old 1st May 2010, 01:14   #344
Senior - BHPian

From my personal experience, I have realised that CRDi start giving true F E figures after about 10,000-15,000 km of running. I think the owners need to be patient. I have got 23 kpl without AC over 700 km of Himachal Hills (both uphill and downhill) on my Palio Multijet so I don't see why Lineas or even Figos cannot return such figures over long distances with the engine running for hours. I have heard of Fiestas giving 21 kpl on highways.
Old 1st May 2010, 09:49   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
I don't think many New Figo owners have any experience with Diesels to start with. Most would be shifting from a Petrol and would take time to get adjusted. This would show on the FE figures for some months to come. Owners with experience on the TDCi from their earlier car can probably check how much they are getting.

Regarding the Linea, it was probably going downhill. On all my trips to Hyderabad and Pune from Bangalore, the FE while going was 17-19 and while coming back was 14-16 kmpl.
  • Bangalore - Elevation: 920 m (3,018 ft)
  • Hyderabad - Elevation: 536 m (1,759 ft)
  • Pune - Elevation: 560 m (1,837 ft)
Now that is a bad generalaization when you say figo owners do not have any experience in Diesel. Coming back to Linea, I cleary told some people will report exceptional mileage but every one may not get it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks