Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 13:01   #316
Senior - BHPian

gemithomas
yes this is the official dealer price list. I have a print with the prices.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:31   #317
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Gemi, Captain - The price in chennai for Front Chrome Strip for Radiator Grille is Rs 600/-. Fog lamps - 5500/-
Fog lamps come with switch assembly, then what about the existing assembly - do they give back to the owners. I think ford can have a take back option for the switch assembly.
Old 26th April 2010, 21:40   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Surely a very small world. So we surely should meet sometime

I am getting around 14 in full city traffic with a/c and around 17 on highways. After services it should settle at around 15 and around 20 respectively. I think this is good mileage. I am not the kind who believe you can get 18-20km/l in normal city driving. Maybe i'll start believing when i start getting that much on my car. But i'm in no way expecting that
But the Fiat GP which is bigger than the Figo gives more than what Figo gives. Does this depend on the driving or is it that the GP is more fuel efficient than the Figo?
Old 26th April 2010, 23:43   #319
Senior - BHPian

First Service Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
gemithomas
yes this is the official dealer price list. I have a print with the prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@Gemi, Captain - The price in chennai for Front Chrome Strip for Radiator Grille is Rs 600/-. Fog lamps - 5500/-
Fog lamps come with switch assembly, then what about the existing assembly - do they give back to the owners. I think ford can have a take back option for the switch assembly.
Thanks guys. Still no luck with my dealer here. They are still stuck with the Rs.1300/-. Maybe i'll give the time to get the printed price list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
But the Fiat GP which is bigger than the Figo gives more than what Figo gives. Does this depend on the driving or is it that the GP is more fuel efficient than the Figo?
I really dont know. My friend with GP Emotion MJD says he is getting 15.5 in city and around 19-20 on highways. But some claim to be getting 18 average. I personally dont know anyone getting above 15 in city. So...I really dont know.

The Updates on my Figo

Today morning i came to know that tomorrow is being "celebrated" as a hartal. Was really worried since i was planning to give my car for service tomorrow as i had a long drive to do on Wednesday. My ODO reading was 2350 and hence i would surely have crossed the 2500 mark by the time i reach back. Called up my Sales Guy and he was like i need to book before getting the car serviced and he gave me a number. To m shock no one was picking up the phone on that number. Luckily i had the number of the service manager whom i met while checking out my tyre issue. Again he was not picking up his mobile. I almost thought that i would have to make other arrangement for the day after tomorrow trip as i did not want to cross the 2500 mark and give them reason to not give me warranty claims later.

Luckily the service manager forwarded my number to his colleague and he called me up. He told me that the service manager was on leave attending some marriage function and thats why he could not pick my call. HE agreed to take in my car today itself and get the oil change done. Thus i could do my trip and get back to get other issues solved at a later day. Thus no issue with warranty and my trip too would not be affected. Really appreciate such understanding. Hope ford keeps up such good work.

Gave the car to the service centre by 10:15 AM and got it back at around 6:15 PM. Work Done - Oil Change and Filter Change!! Well, i'm not complaining since i had not booked my service early as per norm.

The engine feels slightly smooth after the oil change. Maybe its my feeling. Not sure. But i 'think' its slightly smoother.

Cost for First Service was just under Rs.1200/-. They adjusted the bill against the extra money i had paid for the 4th year warranty. (I had to do some talking to the sales manager for this before he agreed on this).

Other issues pending
- The headlight flickers (like some short circuit) while shifting from bright to dim. Would have been happy if they had checked this today while they had the car for that long. But since i had not booked and they still agreed to take in my car. No complaints on this. Will get this checked some time later probably when i will fit the fog lamps.

- My boot mat is still not available. They have promised to get it ASAP. Not sure when the time will come.

- The accessories price list is still scary. I have decided to wait till things settle down.

- There is a squeak when i turn the steering. Something like the sound a rusted spring would make when pulled. They said they hear it on most fiesta's and that it is normal. I'll believe them.

- There is a squeak from the rear. I think its the seats. I had asked the guy to put some tape around the seat locks (the one to fold to down) and also asked him if he had done it before i got the car back. The sound is still there. I think he just decided to ignore it. These are the things i really hate. If you have not done something why cant you just tell me "i did not do it".

Overall. I'll give them a 3 rating out of 5. Two point go for making me talk that much before agreeing to adjust the already paid amount with the service charge, and for not fixing something as small as a squeak from the rear seats even after repeated reminders and having the car with them for so long.
Old 27th April 2010, 00:17   #320
BHPian

Great photographs, gemithomas!

Has anyone here bought the car in Diamond White? Is there an ownership report with pictures of that car?
Old 27th April 2010, 12:34   #321
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Great photographs, gemithomas!

Has anyone here bought the car in Diamond White? Is there an ownership report with pictures of that car?
Joethomas is the 1st bhpian to get Figo - Titanium Dia White. can have a look at figo in white in his thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html

His photographic skills will induce you to take the delivery of your car now itself.
Old 27th April 2010, 15:22   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- There is a squeak when i turn the steering. Something like the sound a rusted spring would make when pulled. They said they hear it on most fiesta's and that it is normal. I'll believe them.
There are no squeaks in the Fiesta, either in the steering or anywhere else. The steering makes the regular hydraulic hiss which can be heard by a sharp ear. But there is another sound that's there in the steering column of many Fiestas including mine. It's a clunk sound that comes occasionally on really bad roads when the steering is turned at a certain angle. Is this sound present in the Figo?
Old 27th April 2010, 19:59   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
There are no squeaks in the Fiesta, either in the steering or anywhere else. The steering makes the regular hydraulic hiss which can be heard by a sharp ear. But there is another sound that's there in the steering column of many Fiestas including mine. It's a clunk sound that comes occasionally on really bad roads when the steering is turned at a certain angle. Is this sound present in the Figo?
Have not heard the Clunk as of now. The sound i get is something like a spring being pulled hard.
Old 27th April 2010, 20:29   #324
BHPian

@gemithomas - Congratulations on choosing a FIGO.
I happened to do a PDI of my FIGO today. To my utter surprise, the rear bumper was misaligned. And it was not just my car, it was there in all the FIGO's in the stockyard.
Can you check the right hand side of the rear bumper and see if the lines meet proper?
The misalignment was at the right side for all the cars that I checked.

Did'nt expect this from FORD
Old 28th April 2010, 08:32   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
@gemithomas - Congratulations on choosing a FIGO.
I happened to do a PDI of my FIGO today. To my utter surprise, the rear bumper was misaligned. And it was not just my car, it was there in all the FIGO's in the stockyard.
Can you check the right hand side of the rear bumper and see if the lines meet proper?
The misalignment was at the right side for all the cars that I checked.

Did'nt expect this from FORD
Which lines are you talking about? Are you talking about he right side where it meets the metal just above the wheel arch? I really cant know since i've got a scratch there.

There is one thing i have noticed on all Figo's:

- The gap between the boot lid and the lights/body is more on the left side than on the right. There is a picture of the same on one of the ownership threads here.

Last edited by gemithomas : 28th April 2010 at 08:41.
Old 28th April 2010, 16:39   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

It's a clunk sound that comes occasionally on really bad roads when the steering is turned at a certain angle.
I think its a sound common across many cars as part of the rack & pinion steering setup. I had it in my Santro earlier, as well as in my present AVEO. Else it could be the shocks with a bad strut
Old 28th April 2010, 16:56   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
I think its a sound common across many cars as part of the rack & pinion steering setup. I had it in my Santro earlier, as well as in my present AVEO. Else it could be the shocks with a bad strut
The sound does not come from the suspension. It comes from the steering column. Ford is aware of this and tried an experiment on frankmehta's car to fix it. It reduced steering feedback so he went back to the old set up. Anyway, it's a sound that comes only rarely.
Old 30th April 2010, 13:18   #328
Senior - BHPian

FE Updates

Have done around 2700km. I am currently running on my 5th full tank of Diesel.

Here are the approximate average mileage details

1st Tank fill - 14.5km/l (70% City and 30% Highway and around 30min idling with a/c on)
2nd Tank fill - 13.5km/l (Full City Driving)
3rd Tank fill - 15.5km/l (50% City and 50% Highway with 200km in very heavy rains)
4th Tank fill - 14.5km/l (70% City and 30% highway with some 100km pedal to metal driving)

All figures are with a/c turned on almost 95% time

What do you guys say? Did i make a wrong decision in choosing the Figo Exi TDCi over the Beat LT @ around Rs.80K premium.

Or can i expect the FE figures to improve.
Old 30th April 2010, 13:50   #329
BHPian

Quote:
1st Tank fill - 14.5km/l (70% City and 30% Highway and around 30min idling with a/c on)
2nd Tank fill - 13.5km/l (Full City Driving)
3rd Tank fill - 15.5km/l (50% City and 50% Highway with 200km in very heavy rains)
4th Tank fill - 14.5km/l (70% City and 30% highway with some 100km pedal to metal driving)

All figures are with a/c turned on almost 95% time.
What do you guys say? Did i make a wrong decision in choosing the Figo Exi TDCi over the Beat LT @ around Rs.80K premium.
Or can i expect the FE figures to improve.
Mileage figures are neither great nor bad. City figures are not that much of concern since traffic congestion in different cities are different and probably you might be going through a tight route. But I thought highway figures are tad disappointing, even lower than current gen petrol vehicles.
Old 30th April 2010, 15:06   #330
Senior - BHPian

Since you have done only 2700 kms there is hope. You should be getting better FE once the engine opens up. Pedal to metal driving = Downhill FE. The figures mentioned are not too bad but not good either. I'd say its somewhere in between both. Ideally it should be alteast 15-16 in the city and 18+ on the highway for the TDCi.

Last edited by longhorn : 30th April 2010 at 15:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks