Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2010, 10:11   #286
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
In my fusoin and Fiesta if engage the central lock people can open the rear door from inside. Just now I checked again on the Fiesta

Certainly, i cant do that on my ikon 1.6.
Old 17th April 2010, 16:46   #287
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Its certainly the case in my fusion & ikon, I doubt that the figo would be any different as all our ford cars have this feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
This is exactly how a child lock should operate. Once closed, the rear doors are supposed to be opened only from the outside by the adult.
I was referring to the central locking part and not to the child lock in the rear seats.

If indeed the child lock is on and is working, the rear doors can be opened only from outside. This is the case with all the cars that have child locks.

In a case of central locking, the rear doors can be opened individually even when the locking is on. Depending on the configuration, the drivers door and the front passenger door opens all the doors.
Old 18th April 2010, 20:59   #288
Senior - BHPian

250km in Heavy Rain

Just came back from a 250km trip in heavy rain. And guess whats missing when i reached back. (see pics)

The DTE calculation was showing an average of around 16km/l when i started the trip. Was expecting it to move up since i'm doing a highway run but somehow the moment i started driving in rain i felt something fishy. The engine was not pulling smoothly. It was more noisier. And was behaving as if something is pulling it back. F.E (based on DTE calculation) started plunging and touched around 14km/l once. Luckily the last 50-80 km was in a drizzle and not heavy rain and the F.E agains climbed up and after 611km the reserve light came "on" giving me a mileage of around 15.5km/l. Out of the 611km i had done close to 400km on highways and the rest is city.

Any idea on what could have caused this? Is it normal with diesel engines?

I just realised one more thing during this drive. The APOLLO ACELLERE's ARE JUST CRAP. If money is not a problem. Just throw them away and get some good rubber. Period.

And i really missed the rear wipers on this trip. Guys. Please go for the Zxi. A Hatch really needs a rear wiper on highways.
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03847.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03849.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03848.jpg  

Last edited by gemithomas : 18th April 2010 at 21:08.
Old 18th April 2010, 21:09   #289
BHPian

Wow how did you manage that? Did some offroading on the highway while overtaking?
No idea why the FE and the pulling dropped when it started raining. If it's water in the fuel, the warning light will come on.
Old 18th April 2010, 21:12   #290
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 21st April 2010 at 09:49.
Yamaha100 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th April 2010, 23:30   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
And i really missed the rear wipers on this trip. Guys. Please go for the Zxi. A Hatch really needs a rear wiper on highways.
Yes. Hatches without rear wipers and muddy rain drenched roads do not go well together. Noticed that the nozzle for the water spray is already fitted on you car, did you try and see if that works? Spraying some water may help clearing out some mud.

It's very difficult to retain the mud-flaps in Bangalore with stones sticking out of medians. On a couple of occasions I have had the fusion grazing some them in bumper to bumper traffic with no chance to see what's sticking out of the median.
Old 19th April 2010, 07:17   #292
BANNED

@Gemi : Try calculating the mileage with the ODO & not the DTE, You will get a better figure
Old 19th April 2010, 14:34   #293
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<The APOLLO ACELLERE's ARE JUST CRAP.>>

On seeing this and also per Mustang's info just spoke to my dealer now about to have non-Apollo in my EXi during delivery. He says that he cannot do anything if the vehicle is shipped with Apollo. He says it is difficult and need to pay extra and get changed outside and the warranty will not be under Ford for tires. But I insisted to give GY or MRF. Let me see.

@Mustang - Is still Apollo fitted in Figos?
Old 19th April 2010, 14:50   #294
Senior - BHPian

gemithomas Apollos are not crap maybe the car needs better tyre ?

Though apollo are not very grippy on wet surfaces but its anyday better than the rest i.e bridgestone, goodyear and Ceat.

If you want grippy tyres look out for A drive, XM1+ (recently drove friends car with XM1+ and i hated their grip. Even he said his A drives were better) or Conti.

Quote:
@Gemi : Try calculating the mileage with the ODO & not the DTE, You will get a better figure
My uncles Skoda shows 5.5ltr per 100 KM but with tank full method he hardly gets anything above 15 kmpl in city with AC.
Old 19th April 2010, 14:57   #295
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<Is it normal with diesel engines?>>>

@Gemi - If the engine is not reached its min temperature due to more chillness outside there is a change of more noise, but no clear idea about pulling and FE. My assumption is something about fuel nozzles and fuel pump rather than the engine
Old 19th April 2010, 15:03   #296
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
[b]

@Mustang - Is still Apollo fitted in Figos?
I guess that the plant has cancelled the contract for apollo tires but i am not sure as i am in delhi now. But usually if such a thing happens, The parts supplier's contract does get terminated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post

Though apollo are not very grippy on wet surfaces but its anyday better than the rest i.e bridgestone, goodyear and Ceat.

If you want grippy tyres look out for A drive, XM1+ (recently drove friends car with XM1+ and i hated their grip. Even he said his A drives were better) or Conti.

You said that apollo is better than bridgestone, good year & ceat.

Actually goodyear & bridgestone are more better than apollos.

Amongst our tyre providers, i rate goodyear as the best followed by MRF & then followed by apollo.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:20   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Actually goodyear & bridgestone are more better than apollos.
Thats interesting. I upgraded my Goodyear tyres on the Figo to Yoko A drives. My tyre dealer was offering to exchange @ 450/- per tyre if stock tyre was Apollo and @550/- if it was Goodyear.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:48   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post
Thats interesting. I upgraded my Goodyear tyres on the Figo to Yoko A drives. My tyre dealer was offering to exchange @ 450/- per tyre if stock tyre was Apollo and @550/- if it was Goodyear.
How much did they cost you ? Did you go for upsize or kept the size same ?
Old 19th April 2010, 15:55   #299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post

This is because apollo has more demand in delhi/NCR, as there are less people going in for goodyear.

You know that in noida sec-16 if you ask a tyrewallah on what tyres to put he will say "Sir, Michelin is good but are soft tires & usually wear off near the 30K mark so i think you should go for apollo, Kaunsi apne racein lagaani hai?"

As far as goodyear is concerned, Most smart people go for michelin/yokos by paying a few quid extra & thats fair enough as michelin/yokos are definitely better than goodyear.

At the same time however, Goodyear are much better than apollo, Also the GT3s are really long lasting tires in comparison to the apollo accelares(whatever the name is).
Old 19th April 2010, 16:06   #300
Senior - BHPian

I've Started to "FEEL THE DIFFERENCE"!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Wow how did you manage that? Did some offroading on the highway while overtaking?
No offroading. Just on the roads on a heavily rainy day doing 80-100km/hr. I'm not sure what all would have broken and flown away if i had gone above those speeds.

- Grip levels on wet roads is not upto acceptable levels.
- Very High resistance when you hit those water logged portions. The car just pulls you back with unacceptable force.
- Very high tendency of Aquaplaning.
- Bad Braking capabilities on wet roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Noticed that the nozzle for the water spray is already fitted on you car, did you try and see if that works? Spraying some water may help clearing out some mud.
That is just a dummy. Its not connected to the water hoses and dont have any nozzle.

Quote:
I tried all sorts of mathematics that i know. It still is between 15.2-15.8km/l whatever way you calculate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I have driven tyres from Bridgetone, Yokohama, Pirelli, and Goodyear for atleast more than 10,000kms. I would still say Acelleres are terrible on a rainy day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@Gemi - If the engine is not reached its min temperature due to more chillness outside there is a change of more noise, but no clear idea about pulling and FE. My assumption is something about fuel nozzles and fuel pump rather than the engine
I also think its the engine not being able to attain optimum operating temperature due to the water splashing from underneath. But some how its strange. Never experienced this on any of the petrols i have driven.

And here are some updates

Today morning i found a crack on the passenger side mud flaps too. So that means it wont last the next rainy day drive. Went to the A.S.S and showed it to them. They say i must have hit it somewhere. They say even a small rub would cause it to crack since its hard and not flexible. I checked out the Fiesta Mud Flaps. They are flexible and would just bend if pushed. The Figo Mud Flaps would not. They said that two more Figo's came in with broken mud flaps and they had scraped it somewhere. So i guess this is going to be a "every week affair"...replacing Mudflaps!!! It is a design flaw. One thing it is way too long and is less than around 90mm from the ground. Second it not flexible. I'm not planning to buy a new set of those. Thats for sure. I'm sending a complaint to ford today itself. Let's see how serious they are in helping out genuine customer issues. I hope they dont make me "feel the (in)difference"!!!!

Another thing they will be refunding me the fourth years extended warranty cost since ford now says it is not giving 4th year extended warranty for Figo. So much confidence in their new car? I dont know. Or maybe they just wanted figo owners to "feel the difference". But why did the dealers take the money from me if they were not sure.

Another annoying thing as an owner. Dealers quoting different prices for accessories. I've read that some paid 4300 for the Front fog lamps. Some have paid 4500 and some close to 4800. My dealer quoted 5300. When i told them about the different quotes he says its actually 4933 out of which close to Rs.800 is fitting charges. The accessories price list available here says 4250/-!!!. The price list available here quotes Rs.500 for the front chrome stip on the radiator grille. Guess what the dealers here quoted....Rs.1300/-. "Feel the difference"

Can you guys try to get the price at your dealers for these things
- Fog Lamps
- Front Chrome Strip for Radiator Grille
- Read Chrome Strip
- Side Repeater Chrome Strip

Please check out the prices and get back so that we could know the variations.

Last edited by GTO : 21st April 2010 at 09:50. Reason: Removing quoted post that has been deleted

Most Viewed