Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 18:30   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Thanks Scorpio.
Another thing is the Central locking. From inside when the car is going at a good speed, can the doors be unlocked and opened by pulling the lever.
nope you can't open the door when the car is running at speeds. it unlocks when you turn the ignition off, however before it automatically locks you can open the door. It gets autolocked between 10-15kmph
Old 15th April 2010, 21:30   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
nope you can't open the door when the car is running at speeds. it unlocks when you turn the ignition off, however before it automatically locks you can open the door. It gets autolocked between 10-15kmph
You can open the lock when the car is running at higher speeds. Just one of the "non-smart" things i found.
Old 15th April 2010, 21:36   #273
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
You can open the lock when the car is running at higher speeds. Just one of the "non-smart" things i found.
I would say that this is a smart move, Supposing that there is an emergency, Example a fire in the engine bay & you are traveling at high speeds, You will just have enough time to open the locks & bail out with the current layout.

However if the locks are so designed that they dont open at higher speeds, You would take time to slow down the car with the brakes (If they operate ie.) & then get out & potentially facing a larger risk.

My dad always says "Never drive with the locks on(for central locking cars), Supposing theres an emergency & they malfunction & dont open"

& i would be like "hahaha" but i somewhat agree with him.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 15th April 2010 at 21:38.
Old 15th April 2010, 22:01   #274
BHPian

my bad so it does open at high speeds, does it open at all sides or only from the driver side?
Old 15th April 2010, 22:06   #275
BANNED

Quote:
my bad so it does open at high speeds, does it open at all sides or only from the driver side?
AFAIK it opens from the driver's & front passenger's side only. You cant open the rear doors from the back seat once locked.
Old 16th April 2010, 10:53   #276
RGK
Senior - BHPian

My colleague has taken a TDCi Zxi and was all at praise of the car. But he said the central locking is useless and his kids are able to open by just pulling the lever out as there is no separate locking switch (some square piece which will have red mark in other cars) in each door. It is just the lever gets pushed inside during autolocking..

Mustang - agreed, but at the same time just the door opening by pulling the lever is a major safety flaw.
Old 16th April 2010, 11:01   #277
BANNED

Quote:
My colleague has taken a TDCi Zxi and was all at praise of the car. But he said the central locking is useless and his kids are able to open by just pulling the lever out as there is no separate locking switch (some square piece which will have red mark in other cars) in each door. It is just the lever gets pushed inside during autolocking..

Mustang - agreed, but at the same time just the door opening by pulling the lever is a major safety flaw.

Once locked, rear locks cannot be opened from the rear seats, Only the front seats can operate the locks. kids are supposed to sit at the rear so this thing does not pose a problem.
Old 16th April 2010, 11:03   #278
BHPian

Quote:
It does have child lock, embedded inside the rear door panel on both the sides.
Old 16th April 2010, 11:13   #279
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Once locked, rear locks cannot be opened from the rear seats, Only the front seats can operate the locks. kids are supposed to sit at the rear so this thing does not pose a problem.

If this is in place, then no issues at the back.
Old 16th April 2010, 19:35   #280
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Are you sure about this? So if there is a rear passenger who wants to get out, the driver or front passenger has to operate the lock for him /her to get out?

I doubt!
Old 16th April 2010, 19:41   #281
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Are you sure about this? So if there is a rear passenger who wants to get out, the driver or front passenger has to operate the lock for him /her to get out?

I doubt!
Its certainly the case in my fusion & ikon, I doubt that the figo would be any different as all our ford cars have this feature.
Old 16th April 2010, 20:01   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

I doubt!
This is exactly how a child lock should operate. Once closed, the rear doors are supposed to be opened only from the outside by the adult.
Old 16th April 2010, 20:04   #283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
This is exactly how a child lock should operate. Once closed, the rear doors are supposed to be opened only from the outside by the adult.
No No No Gilead, We were referring to the normal locking of doors & not the childlock.
Old 16th April 2010, 22:21   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Ford locks are single lever two steps type. Rear doors can be individually unlocked at any time from inside if Child Locks are not enabled. Opening any of the front locks, unlock all the doors.

Quote:

Most kids can open almost any lock, the type that comes in Hondas and Suzuki (pull type) are equally useless. Sooner or later the Kids figure out how to open them. The safe and only way is to enable the Child Locks on both rear doors and then carry the kids in the car.

By enabling the Child Locks, the rear doors only open from outside and do not open from inside at all, weather the car is in motion or stationary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Quote:
Cars will require to have the door open-able at any speeds so that people can jump out in case of any eventuality.

The Key Fob can be programmed just like the Fusion and Fiesta to open all doors or just the driver door. It's again a good feature if you have hopped out for a moment and just need to unlock the front door to get in. No chance of anyone hopping in at the same time to surprise you from other doors.
Old 17th April 2010, 10:09   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Its certainly the case in my fusion & ikon, I doubt that the figo would be any different as all our ford cars have this feature.
In my fusoin and Fiesta if engage the central lock people can open the rear door from inside. Just now I checked again on the Fiesta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks