Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 13:00   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
That's very good news. In fact very very good news. That definitely would use up two of the compartments in the tail lamp assembly that were blank.
I'm not very sure we would be getting rear fog lamps. Most dealers are unaware of this. And its not confirmed that this was really fitted on Silverknight's car. He would have mistaken the rear lights for the fog lamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
-
In which type of road - you faced this. Did you brake on seeing a bump. The sales rep said Ground clearance is excellent in the vehicle.

How is the A/c performance after the car especially interiors like dash gets extremely hot.
Never had an issue with the bumps on the roads. Once it was a road with some work going on and there was some higher portion in the middle of the road. Another time it was a bump in front of a shop.

The A/C performance is good. I wont say excellent but surely above average. After parking the car in direct sunlight for maybe 15-20 minutes, it takes quite some time in position 3 for the car to get cold. On our fusion we could never put the postion on 3 for more than 5 minutes since the car would be so cold. I think it has got to do the the black dash and the material used. Maybe the "Coral" people would feel different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
gemithomas
For the breaking issue, have you tried washing your break pads ? Just spray some water on them to clean them a bit.

Steering
Mine doesn't feel that hard towards the end and I do get the hissing sound at the end.
You don't get the hissing sound towards the end?
Will try that with the brake pads.

The steering does give a hissing sound. Its normal for all Hydraulic Power Steering. Dont worry. Just make sure you dont hold the steering to the extreme ends. If you reach the end, just loosen it a little so that the motor is not strained.

Other Updates

Went to the service centre today. They took a test drive. They say there is no issue with the steering pulling. Its just a mild thing and they said its normal. I did a 200km drive yesterday and did not feel any strain in the hand. The pull is very minor and since they said its a non-issue i am leaving it as such for the time being.

About the sound while braking, the service guy heard it and said it need to be checked. He said i can get it done during service. The dim/bright flickering issue will also be corrected during service. I have done close to 1800km now and maybe the service will be done in two weeks time.

There is a squeak from the rear. Seems to be the rear seats. They will do the "taping" thing during service.

When i was waiting there was this one guy with a Black TDCi. He had a complaint of "low mileage" and had come there for a mileage test to be done. While the service engineer was testing with me i asked him how low the other guys mileage was. "Around 17km/l" and the service engineer just gave me a smile. (Hope this guys is not a bhpian)
Old 12th April 2010, 13:34   #242
Senior - BHPian

gemi, find an empty stretch and drive on the opposite side of the road and try the turning the wheel either side. If it's the opposite of what you experienced before, then your car does not have any issues.

I suppose that low mileage guy is expecting the highway mileage of 20+. lol
Old 12th April 2010, 15:11   #243
Senior - BHPian

gemithomas
are you still on the Apollo tyres? Did they change them to good years?
17 KM and he was there to complain ?? Some people are never happy with their F.E
Old 12th April 2010, 15:23   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
They say there is no issue with the steering pulling. Its just a mild thing and they said its normal. I did a 200km drive yesterday and did not feel any strain in the hand. The pull is very minor and since they said its a non-issue i am leaving it as such for the time being.
Dont live with the steering pull for long time. The only effect due to this will be un-even tyre wear, which you will not be able to judge immediately.
So ask them to do a wheel alignment and check it during your free service.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:01   #245
superveloce

Quote:

When i was waiting there was this one guy with a Black TDCi. He had a complaint of "low mileage" and had come there for a mileage test to be done. While the service engineer was testing with me i asked him how low the other guys mileage was. "Around 17km/l" and the service engineer just gave me a smile. (Hope this guys is not a bhpian)

Hey this may just be a rational expectation from his own perspective. Ill tell you, when I was at the Ford dealership here in pune for a test drive, the sales person told me. "Sir this engine holds the limca book record for highest mileage. You will get 20kmpl in city with a/c and 24-25kmpl on the highway." I laughed on his face, because i knew it was just a trick of over selling. But there are alot of people who dont know anything about automobiles and are buying their first car, they actually make the buying call on the KMPL basis and then end up getting half the claimed(absurd) mileage.
Thats when the troubles of the poor service station starts. Its their own brothers over at sales side who are responsible for creating such problems.

Old 12th April 2010, 16:45   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
Hey this may just be a rational expectation from his own perspective. Ill tell you, when I was at the Ford dealership here in pune for a test drive, the sales person told me. "Sir this engine holds the limca book record for highest mileage. You will get 20kmpl in city with a/c and 24-25kmpl on the highway." I laughed on his face, because i knew it was just a trick of over selling. But there are alot of people who dont know anything about automobiles and are buying their first car, they actually make the buying call on the KMPL basis and then end up getting half the claimed(absurd) mileage.
Thats when the troubles of the poor service station starts. Its their own brothers over at sales side who are responsible for creating such problems.
+1 to that. The guys at the sales dept will belt out any rubbish to sell the car. Unsuspecting customers go on to buy believing their tall claims. In the end the customer suffers.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:46   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that. The sales person simply boosts the mileage to whatever he feels like. Unsuspecting customers fall prey to their tall claims. In the end, the customers are the ones who suffer.

Last edited by longhorn : 12th April 2010 at 16:48.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:19   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
gemi, find an empty stretch and drive on the opposite side of the road and try the turning the wheel either side. If it's the opposite of what you experienced before, then your car does not have any issues.
Let me check that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
gemithomas
are you still on the Apollo tyres? Did they change them to good years?
No. I am still on appollo's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Dont live with the steering pull for long time. The only effect due to this will be un-even tyre wear, which you will not be able to judge immediately.
So ask them to do a wheel alignment and check it during your free service.
Will get the alignment check during service.

I just noticed one thing today. The Seat Covers on the Lxi-Exi and Zxi-Titanium are different. The higher ends have a dual colour with a stitched line like design on the seats.
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03752.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc_0038.jpg  

Last edited by gemithomas : 12th April 2010 at 22:22.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:45   #249
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not very sure we would be getting rear fog lamps. Most dealers are unaware of this. And its not confirmed that this was really fitted on Silverknight's car. He would have mistaken the rear lights for the fog lamps.
I am keeping my hopes alive.

Quote:
That's funny, but there are many who are not used to the DTE and get shocked when the figures keep jumping up and down depending on driving style.

Quote:
24-25 is not a very tall claim for the 1.4 TDCi. I know for a fact that many (not all) Fusion owners get around 18 in Navi Mumbai and more on the highway. The Figo being almost 250 kgs less, I would expect a whole lot more. Specially when I get 12 and 18 kmpl (city and highway with 75% time AC) from the Fusion 1.6 Petrol.

There are many others who get 7 - 8 kmpl as well.
Old 13th April 2010, 08:19   #250
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
I am keeping my hopes alive.
24-25 is not a very tall claim for the 1.4 TDCi. I know for a fact that many (not all) Fusion owners get around 18 in Navi Mumbai and more on the highway. The Figo being almost 250 kgs less, I would expect a whole lot more. Specially when I get 12 and 18 kmpl (city and highway with 75% time AC) from the Fusion 1.6 Petrol.

There are many others who get 7 - 8 kmpl as well.
I even mentioned this earlier that i am one of them who get 18 kmpl in delhi without ac with my Fusion TDCi & with AC i get 16-16.5 kmpl. I dont know why Figo owners are getting less mileage.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:43   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I even mentioned this earlier that i am one of them who get 18 kmpl in delhi without ac with my Fusion TDCi & with AC i get 16-16.5 kmpl. I dont know why Figo owners are getting less mileage.
I think the FE completely depends on driving style. And how much patience you have with the traffic around you. Also, many tend to switch of their cars at every signal and then start even for 15 - 60 seconds. In reality, it just costs them more Fuel, wasted in shutdown and startup.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:59   #252
BANNED

+1 To the above post, It really does depend on driving style, I dont switch off my cars engine if the timer shows less than 90 secs for the green light.

& yes i have a lot of patience in traffic & try to estimate traffic speeds at a distance & use my brake pedal as few times as i can.

Remember everyone, The more you brake, the more fuel you consume.
Old 13th April 2010, 11:21   #253
Senior - BHPian

Mustang, which will result in worse FE. Actual braking or engine braking? I use the latter to great effect in my M800. It does not work as well in the Fiesta as it's a little too quick.
Old 13th April 2010, 11:30   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I just noticed one thing today. The Seat Covers on the Lxi-Exi and Zxi-Titanium are different. The higher ends have a dual colour with a stitched line like design on the seats.
Hmm, What kind of seat covers do you have?

This is what mine looks like
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-img_4140.jpg
Old 13th April 2010, 11:55   #255
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Mustang, which will result in worse FE. Actual braking or engine braking? I use the latter to great effect in my M800. It does not work as well in the Fiesta as it's a little too quick.

Both cause worsening of FE but i guess actual braking has a much more severe effect on FE than engine braking.

@captain_slow : Your seat covers are the ones shown by Gemi in the LHS pic.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 13th April 2010 at 12:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks