Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 23:32   #211
BHPian

@gemi, are you sure swift is more sporty than figo?I doubt so.while swifts nose turns in quick at corners, i doubt it has the fords poise while handling twisties.with figo as with all fords you can push the chassis till the limit using the feedback to not overdo it but on the otherhand maruti tends to lose control without warning.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:58   #212
Senior - BHPian

I guess you guys might have started feeling bored reading all the figo-ish threads on t-bhp. Here is something to break the monotony.

[Disclaimer: Actual Colour / Appearance may vary since this is a slightly edited image.]
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03811.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03817.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03824.jpg  

Old 7th April 2010, 08:39   #213
BANNED

@gemi: From top picture of figo rare and nice.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:31   #214
BHPian

Looks really nice

Hi. Very tempted by the Figo... looks hot in Red, I must agree. Just wish I could plonk in for a 1.4 Zxi, as an upgrade from the 800, but will that play tunes from my iPod?
Old 7th April 2010, 11:28   #215
BANNED

@avi550m : It will play songs from your Ipod!
Old 7th April 2010, 12:22   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
[Disclaimer: Actual Colour / Appearance may vary since this is a slightly edited image.]
Finallly, a shot i was looking for sometime. Couldn't resist! Hope you wont mind.
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-dsc03817c.jpg
Now, for a 1.6S at 5L ex-showroom prices!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th April 2010 at 12:27.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:20   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Finallly, a shot i was looking for sometime. Couldn't resist! Hope you wont mind.
Now, for a 1.6S at 5L ex-showroom prices!
Would another colour instead of black help better? But somehow I think this look would grab some attention on roads...something the car really needs. Once in a while, seeing other drive directly at me, i get a feeling that i am invisible.

And for those who are searching for the BAR!!. I guess here it is. The reinforcement bars as per FIAT language. The "Dog Bar" as per ford.!!!
So the Dogs should be scared of the Figo too...atleast if they knew!!

Mustang: can you confirm if this really is the "Bar" we are talking about?
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-image047.jpg  

Last edited by gemithomas : 7th April 2010 at 13:34.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:33   #218
BANNED

Quote:
Would another colour instead of black help better? But somehow I think this look would grab some attention on roads...something the car really needs. Once in a while, seeing other drive directly at me, i get a feeling that i am invisible.

And for those who are searching for the BAR!!. I guess here it is. The reinforcement bars as per FIAT language. The "Dog Bar" as per ford.!!!
So the Dogs should be scared of the Figo too...atleast if they knew!!
I saw many complaint about the no actual bumper cause damage to condenser. seeing this i think the dog's bar will take care of it. It actually is a bumper.

From where did you got that picture?
Old 7th April 2010, 13:36   #219
Senior - BHPian

The so called dog bar seems pretty useless to me!

IS that your car opened up like that?
Old 7th April 2010, 13:57   #220
Senior - BHPian

I don't think that is the dog bar. The bar should be behind that piece of metal.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:32   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The so called dog bar seems pretty useless to me!
I recently ran over a dog on the chennai-bangalore highway at around 90 Kmph on a Fiesta. . Ended up with damage to the front assembly (not sure what to call it) and radiator as well. But luckily was able to drive it up to bangalore without any issues. So I am not sure if it was useful or useless.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:59   #222
BHPian

Ford Figo does have Bluetooth Phone Interface (BPI) which allows complete phonebook access, music streaming, message notification etc. Is this BPI a subset of Ford SYNC technology?

PS: My apologies if this has already been discussed.
Old 7th April 2010, 23:30   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Actually I am not. I checked the users manual and it shows all the bulbs but the rear fog lamps. Tomorrow I will be going to the showroom and will confirm it with them.
Any updates? I enquired about the rear fog lamps but A.S.S guys here have no clue. And they are now quoting Rs.5300/- for fog lamps. I think that is on the higher side. Earlier they had quoted somthing around Rs.4500/-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
@gemi, are you sure swift is more sporty than figo?I doubt so.while swifts nose turns in quick at corners, i doubt it has the fords poise while handling twisties.with figo as with all fords you can push the chassis till the limit using the feedback to not overdo it but on the otherhand maruti tends to lose control without warning.
Dont you know what "Sporty" means in India? It means you will literally fly over the manholes, screech your tyres around corners and have your hair raised up while doing triple digit speeds. I think they should use the word "rally-ish". That would be more correct. On a serious note i think if you invest some extra money on tyres it would really handle well. But then a real good question would be do you want to spend that kind of money on that car and then spend extra money on tyres that the car deserves to have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I saw many complaint about the no actual bumper cause damage to condenser. seeing this i think the dog's bar will take care of it. It actually is a bumper.
Yeah! But the dog would really need to know where to hit and where not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
IS that your car opened up like that?
Thats how every car would look if you wanted fog lamps. Atleast for now. That is not mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I don't think that is the dog bar. The bar should be behind that piece of metal.
I really dont know. Hope Mustang or someone confirms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I recently ran over a dog on the chennai-bangalore highway at around 90 Kmph on a Fiesta. . Ended up with damage to the front assembly (not sure what to call it) and radiator as well. But luckily was able to drive it up to bangalore without any issues. So I am not sure if it was useful or useless.
This is actually the front reinforcements that you would find on any car. Really dont know why ford calls it a "Dog Bar"!!! Or is it some one else who named it so. I really dont think it could save the radiator in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Ford Figo does have Bluetooth Phone Interface (BPI) which allows complete phonebook access, music streaming, message notification etc. Is this BPI a subset of Ford SYNC technology?
In the first place, what is Ford Sync Technology?
Old 8th April 2010, 10:22   #224
BHPian

Quote:
In the first place, what is Ford Sync Technology?
SYNC is Ford's answer to Fiat's Blue&Me or the vice-versa may be. You may want to refer to the following websites for more info:

Official Ford SYNC Site - Voice Activated Calling, Navigation, & Music | FordVehicles.com

System Integration | Embedded Systems | Ford SYNC | Windows Embedded
Old 8th April 2010, 11:39   #225
Senior - BHPian

Figo-Fusion Comparo Pics

For all those who were interested in the Fusion-Figo Twins.

Picture Courtesy: Glifford, Jeothomas, e-biz
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-frontdown.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-rearleft.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-sideright.jpg  

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-back.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks