Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 21:15   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Do check it up with Mustang.101 to see if the EXI/ZXI have the USB option behind the ICE. The feature may not be advertised on the front panel, but it could just be inside the system. Ask Mustang.
folks had a hard time figuring out USB in Punto which happened to be inside the glove box.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:32   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Gemi, just came back from Metro Ford first Palace Road and then St. Marks (Bangalore) where I finally booked the 1.2 Titanium with a Coral Dash in Panther Black. Asked them to prefit the Fog Lamps, lets see what they do.

Regarding the USB, they have a cable separately available. many have speculated it to be a USB to Aux-In cable, but it's not it seems. Since I ordered for that as well, I asked specifically "where it needs to connect?" and "can the owner connect it directly?"

The Usual Ford response was to go and look for a person to who knows. Fortunately the chap knew and he was very clear that the ICE needs to be removed to Fix the USB cable to it. If that's the case, then it's most probably a proper USB connector which connects to some proprietary socket at the back. He also said that navigation on iPod should be possible through the cable which rules out the Aux-In input completely.

Cost of the cable: Rs 1100/-

Will have to wait and see what finally arrives.
How can a usb cable cost so much? Is that fiogs low cost of spare parts?
Old 30th March 2010, 21:34   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hey Gemi,

You're right about the Figo being absolute VFM. After reading your statements, i did a recheck on Ritz v/s Figo! Only thing i hate is the absence of rear power windows (My WagonR had same issue!), other than that Figo makes Ritz look like daylight robbery, even to a decade old Maruti owners like me!

One small suggestion from my side- I think black on the lower portion of the front bumper really improves the kinetic design looks of the Figo, in case you are looking to change anything!
Good to hear the people are realizing this. Its good for the market. Maruti is one player who could very well make the market mature much faster and better. But they have always chosen otherwise by trying to give its customers the bare minimum. This is one thing i have always said all these years on this forum and that is precisely the reason why some think i am a Fan of some other brand

About the black portion on the bumper. I too was thinking in the same lines. Infact i was trying out a photoshop on these lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Terribly impressed with the Figo, wanted to change our Marina and get it.

Now I will have to dispose the City first and then will see. My Ford sales executive even today was asking me about my decision.

For the PUG meet, let us have more models to break the 'monotony'!
Figo is really a small car. The biggest problem i am facing now is that the size of the car makes others feel that i would move away from their road. After driving the adventure all these years i am finding it very difficult to adjust to this scenario. Nobody seems to see my car coming and on highways they just come into my lane even though i am very close to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Do check it up with Mustang.101 to see if the EXI/ZXI have the USB option behind the ICE. The feature may not be advertised on the front panel, but it could just be inside the system. Ask Mustang.
Done.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:11   #154
Senior - BHPian

Here is some more good news to Figo owners planning on fog lamp upgrades. The wiring seems to have been already done. It is just a plug and play job. Now this is something that really needs to get appreciation. Something that the best brands in the country never bothered to give. A huge applause for Ford if this is true.

The not so good news would be that the USB connectivity would be limited to Zxi and Titanium model music systems. But considering what the competition gives, the music system is a gem. The USB thing should not be a big issue. There needs to be some differentiation right?
Old 30th March 2010, 22:30   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
1100 for a USB cable ; is ford fleecing customers again?
Old 30th March 2010, 23:20   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
1100 for a USB cable ; is ford fleecing customers again?
The USB is not a necessity. It's an enhancement. Owners can play their iPods easily through the line-in if they want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
As I have experienced earlier with other ICEs which come as standard fitment in a car, it's not just a USB cable but a connector that plugs into a multipurpose port somewhere at the back. I am pretty brave on DIY but I don't really want to save Rs 1050 /- and then lose the warranty eventually.

Folks with ZXi and Titanium already in their hands can check and update on the type of port at the back (if they want to risk it), if its just a USB port then 1100 is way too much to spend on it.

I agree it is expensive for just a USB cable. But if you compare it with the premium you pay for a cut-pasted USB port in Punto Emotion+, its a bargain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Can you shoot a photo of the cable?
Have not seen the cable. This is as per the technician who has been explained by Ford how it fits to the ICE. Photos probably will come with the car and if I get to see them fitting it. Will surely try.

I expect the cable to be something like this. (with USB female socket in place of the iPod pin connector)

Amazon.com: Blaupunkt iPod® Connector Cable Connect and charge your iPod with select Blaupunkt receivers: Electronics

It's a component sold by Blaupunkt to connect iPods to some of their headunits. But this particular one costs around Rs 350/- on Amazon.

Last edited by shubhodeepdas@g : 30th March 2010 at 23:39.
Old 30th March 2010, 23:48   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Here is some more good news to Figo owners planning on fog lamp upgrades. The wiring seems to have been already done. It is just a plug and play job. Now this is something that really needs to get appreciation. Something that the best brands in the country never bothered to give. A huge applause for Ford if this is true.

The not so good news would be that the USB connectivity would be limited to Zxi and Titanium model music systems. But considering what the competition gives, the music system is a gem. The USB thing should not be a big issue. There needs to be some differentiation right?
Wow! I have to say that it again shows how well thought through the product is.
OT: I saw a documentary recently, called 'Objectified', it was about industrial design. Jonathan Ive, the Apple product design VP pointed out how they designed the current Macbook Pro's LED to not be visible to the naked eye (to give the flush all aluminium look) when the lid was not closed. He said, he wouldn't want anyone to say that it's a feature, it's just that the customer would slowly see how well thought through the product was.

Kind of similar to the wiring already being done, Ford didn't advertise it, but it's there. And clearly, the customer likes it .

Last edited by Amartya : 30th March 2010 at 23:49.
Old 31st March 2010, 00:36   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Here is some more good news to Figo owners planning on fog lamp upgrades. The wiring seems to have been already done. It is just a plug and play job. Now this is something that really needs to get appreciation. Something that the best brands in the country never bothered to give.
Truly calls for a round of applause.
This shows the way forward for Maruti to implant these small but important things into their cars. If they have the will, as the biggest player in the country, then the country gets better deals from all players.
Old 31st March 2010, 08:42   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys. Sorry for the hasty passing over of info since i was excited on hearing it. I just checked under my car but cant find any connections to the fog lamps. Can someone confirm of it is there on the higher variants? I think it should be there.

Again sorry for the wrong/incomplete info.

Just to cover up for that here is another good bit. You all know that the doors lock automatically once you cross around 7km/hr speed. Nothing big uh!! But this one seems to check for open door locks every time you cross that speed. So just around the corner if you see someone you know and you open up the locks to let them in, the doors lock does its job again when you cross the speed limit. Now i really dont know if this is a feature on all cars.

Last edited by gemithomas : 31st March 2010 at 08:43.
Old 31st March 2010, 09:34   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Just to cover up for that here is another good bit. You all know that the doors lock automatically once you cross around 7km/hr speed. Nothing big uh!! But this one seems to check for open door locks every time you cross that speed. So just around the corner if you see someone you know and you open up the locks to let them in, the doors lock does its job again when you cross the speed limit. Now i really dont know if this is a feature on all cars.
Not many have this feature. Most wait for engine start and move the first time, have not seen any that do the checking over time.

You can also unlock all doors or just the driver door with the unlock button on the Key Fob. It can be programmed. Subsequently all other doors can be unlocked with a double click on the same (just like the Fusion). Helps when you have to deal with toddlers in the car.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:09   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even my car locks automatically once I cross 20 kmph. I can unlock all doors using the unlock on the key fob even when the engine is running. It then again locks itself at 20 kmph.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:23   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Even my car locks automatically once I cross 20 kmph. I can unlock all doors using the unlock on the key fob even when the engine is running. It then again locks itself at 20 kmph.
Does it allow unlocking in a moving car physically (from the door)?

That's the feature I ideally need.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:13   #163
Senior - BHPian

Just came back after fitting my mud flaps. The floor mats are yet to arrive. He said it will come this week.

Fog lamp was available but the wiring diagram had not reached the dealer and so he was a little apprehensive. I said i will wait till they are confident enough. The headlamp switch will be changed to the ones like the fiesta/fusion where you have to pull up the knob to turn on the fog lamps. They were not very sure if the wiring has been already done on the higher variants. So someone with an Zxi/Titanium would need to get under the bumper and have a look . Else could some one confirm if the switch on the Zxi/Titanium can be pulled up? In that case it could be clue that wiring is already there.

Clicked a pic of the Lxi Variant with Half wheel cups. I'm tired of repeating this...Much better than what the competition offers. I was reminded of the UNO half wheel caps. (Sorry for the bad quality image from my mobile)
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-image049.jpg  

Last edited by gemithomas : 31st March 2010 at 12:14.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:26   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
About the black portion on the bumper. I too was thinking in the same lines. Infact i was trying out a photoshop on these lines.
Here is something i tried sometime back. The blue i did sometime back (To see how a 1.6 might look). Edited the same to red, but I cant seem to match the Figo red. Can you provide a similar pic of your red figo?

Name:  4312610175_330076588e_blue.jpg
Views: 2531
Size:  173.5 KB

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st March 2010 at 13:40.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:44   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Else could some one confirm if the switch on the Zxi/Titanium can be pulled up?)
The switch can't be pulled up on the Titanium. I'll look under the bumper if the wiring is there tomorrow. Looks like the switch has to be replaced.

Last edited by joethomasv : 31st March 2010 at 13:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks