Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2009, 13:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

smashing looking car! Its a hard time deciding which color looks the best on GP. Congrats!
Old 25th October 2009, 13:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures sdp1975..The white Punto and Linea look awesome...That's why I also chose a Bossa Nova White Punto
Old 25th October 2009, 13:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Someone said that Bossa Nova color has been discontinued on the punto, I don't know whether there were any problems. I hope we don't run into problems in the future .
Old 25th October 2009, 13:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Someone said that Bossa Nova color has been discontinued on the punto, I don't know whether there were any problems. I hope we don't run into problems in the future .
Yeah,I too read somewhere in the forum that Bossa Nova White has been discontinued.Let's pray and hope that we wont get troubled

Last edited by Klub Class : 25th October 2009 at 14:00.
Old 25th October 2009, 17:01   #20
BHPian

Congrats Shankar,
The car does look terrific.Its just in your face.white is so kool.Do keep us informed on the performance, running and fuel part.
Old 25th October 2009, 23:39   #21

Car looks awesome in white. Too good. Just saw your PM. I will call you tomorrow as it is quite late now. I took delivery of my car today. Told the sales guy (Shyam) about you. He was totally surprised knowing that I know you He was quite helpful today and explained me all the features etc though could not meet the service guy as everyone was on leave today.

Also I have not got my number plate. I think same in your case as well. When are you going to collect it? I think we can drive without the number plate for 1 month from the date of purchase.

They have not handed me the owners manual, battery warranty etc also as the concerned person was not available today. I have to go again sometime next week to collect these things and get the number plate done.
Old 26th October 2009, 00:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sdp1975, white punto looks classy!

I saw one yesterday near jayanagar/bannerghatta road, may be it was you!
Old 26th October 2009, 00:39   #23
BHPian

Shankar, many congratulations on ur purchase, i absolutely love it and belated birthday wishes. i will be taking delivery of my punto Emotion pk petrol (Bossa nova white) from concorde diary circle on wednesday, i went for the PDI today and the car had done 29Kms. So according to your logic of the RTO personnel coming over to concorde for the inspection, even when i take delivery the odo should read 29 is that correct?
Where did u see the signs of rust during the PDI, coz i have not noticed any rust on the body and the doors when i did the PDI today.
Old 26th October 2009, 09:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Looks good in White.
See if you can paint the chrome grill & fog lamps to black. It really looks good for a white one.
Changing the tires reduces the noise. You will feel more comfortable, take my promise.

Being exchanging a new tires, you need not dough much.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustiguy View Post
Also I have not got my number plate. I think same in your case as well. When are you going to collect it? I think we can drive without the number plate for 1 month from the date of purchase.
I should get the plates today evening, I'll be visiting the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Congrats sdp1975, white punto looks classy!

I saw one yesterday near jayanagar/bannerghatta road, may be it was you!
It could've been me - I live on BG Road. Planning to put the t-bhp stickers today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanramesh View Post
i went for the PDI today and the car had done 29Kms. So according to your logic of the RTO personnel coming over to concorde for the inspection, even when i take delivery the odo should read 29 is that correct?
Where did u see the signs of rust during the PDI, coz i have not noticed any rust on the body and the doors when i did the PDI today.
Yes, mine was 24KM during the PDI and when I took the final delivery. The rusting will be on the brake disks and the suspension area. Have a look at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...report-14.html.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats. Looks good in White.
See if you can paint the chrome grill & fog lamps to black. It really looks good for a white one.
Changing the tires reduces the noise. You will feel more comfortable, take my promise.

Being exchanging a new tires, you need not dough much.
I agree Ram, however I am kinda satisfied with my drive so far, so guess I'll stick to the stock ones.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

congratulations dude.

Regarding engine noise, Punto owner's have reported that after 4,000 KMs there would be lot of improvements.

Please check other onwership threads
Old 1st November 2009, 21:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

650 km update

Visited Yelagiri during the week. Covered about 350 km in a day, about 6 hours drive in all. Did not feel tired at all, a very comfortable drive.

She is truly a driver's delight on the highways - my highway star ! The topmost speed I reached was 120 kph, and yet she was cruising comfortably all the way. She was really well planted on the roads, even when it was raining heavily. Apart from the highway jaunts, driving in the city has been comfortable. Agreed that she's a bit sluggish in 2nd , that's why it's important to be in the right gear, and the correct rpm levels.

I got my mobile paired with Blue & Me, and it's working well. Got sunfilms and mats for her - the mats from the showroom were crap. Punto owners in Bangalore - have you got your mud flaps yet? I'm still waiting for them from the showroom.

Niggles : some issue with the back seat locks - they both fell forward while driving ! The fuel lid cap is also flimsy. Got her scraped a few times today with some heavy passengers on board. But overall, no major problems so far (touchwood) .

Last edited by sdp1975 : 1st November 2009 at 21:17.
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:05   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. It looks awesome. IMO best looking hatch currently available. Happy and safe driving.
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:01   #29

Hi , After going through all the related discussions by the BHPians and convincing myself , I have decided to buy Fiat Grande Punto , MJD E+ . I booked the Car on 27th October 2009 and I took delivery of my Punto MJD Emotion Pack , Bossa Nova White on 29th October 2009 .
I took my car immediately on 31st October 2009 to Nandyal which is around 350 Kms from Hyderabad and from Nandyal I went to some interior villages which were very badly effected by the recent floods. The roods were very bad and at a stage I really got really worried whether my car would wiht stand the torture. To my surprise the Punto did well and with out any trouble or problem I came back to Hyderabad on 1st November 2009. The ride was very plesent and no regrats . I thank one and all who have contributed for my precious possession.

Note from Team Bhp Support
Please remove font tags before posting.
Refer to announcements section for more information

Last edited by bblost : 2nd November 2009 at 16:53. Reason: removed font tags
Old 3rd November 2009, 02:56   #30
BHPian

Hi SDP,

Congrats on your new ride...BNW color looks awesome...I too have GP MJD E+ and I am nearing 3K KM mark ... the car is just awesome, you will enjoy it more once the engine free's up...

-PK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks