Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2010, 20:24   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Regarding WURTH, should check back with him-for sure!
Would be thankful if you could confirm about the Wurth additive.
Old 14th January 2010, 20:43   #182
BHPian

Doc,
Just a sequence of events for a comparo of buying a 4x4 in 2006 and now.

I booked it on March 31, 2006. I took delivery on April 30, 2006.
Registration date is April 30, 2006. I got the Smartcard RC on May 15 from Bhasin Motors. The Service Booklet and Warranty Booklet was also collected on May 15, but Owners Manual came with the vehicle. I got a call from Bhasin to pick it up the moment it came, probably because I was on their tails from the moment it was booked .

Cheers,
Old 14th January 2010, 20:49   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post
Just a sequence of events for a comparo of buying a 4x4 in 2006 and now.
So does that reflect on the decreased efficiency of the RTO (remember, mine is DL12 - Vasant Vihar) or the greater number of cars being registered nowadays? Koncept guys say it takes at least 2 months for the RC card to come in. The EW could have been picked up earlier, but it could wait.
Old 14th January 2010, 23:12   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Koncept guys say it takes at least 2 months for the RC card to come in.
4 weeks for the Fiat vehicle (2008), 6 weeks for the Maruti vehicle (2007-Diwali season), 4 weeks for the Bajaj and Honda vehicle (2005) in our house, all in DL-3 (Sheikh Sarai)... so I guess its entirely a matter of workload, because Diwali season took the longest time.
Old 14th January 2010, 23:23   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raj & SS traveller, mHawk manual says No to any diesel additives. I have even called up the M&M contact at Hyd and checked with him. He too said NOT TO ADD any diesel additives as they tend to increase the "cone hole diameters on injectors"(verbatim quote).

I trust him as he always gave me correct information.

Regarding WURTH, should check back with him-for sure!

thanks for that info surya. really really appreciated. now no more additives in my mHawk.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 14th January 2010 at 23:25.
Old 15th January 2010, 08:34   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys: Additives are generally needed only for older vehicles that have done lakhs of kms and may have some deposts on the injectors etc..

It is a waste of money to use additives on new vehicles. Try to fill up only in good gas stations with good regular fuel and that is more than enough.
Old 15th January 2010, 08:40   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks for that info surya. really really appreciated
Hey Raj, you are welcome! You are our "Scorpio Guru"
Old 15th January 2010, 11:26   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Raj, you are welcome! You are our "Scorpio Guru"
what?

infact, i have learnt a lot from our other forum mates about the scorpio refresh.

a little bit OT, but i seriously wish i had a Scorpio Refresh VLX 4WD with airbags. Sigh!
Old 15th January 2010, 16:48   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
infact, i have learnt a lot from our other forum mates about the scorpio refresh.
Sure Raj. You keep all scorpers on this forum glued and talking! Aren't we all learning and moving forward. Regarding the new Scorpio Refresh, I like the way our VLX mHawk(earlier cladding) looks, but would want the 4WD & airbags for sure in the same
Old 15th January 2010, 16:51   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure Raj. You keep all scorpers on this forum glued and talking! Aren't we all learning and moving forward.
very much. and thats the best part of this forum.

Quote:
Regarding the new Scorpio Refresh, I like the way our VLX mHawk(earlier cladding) looks, but would want the 4WD & airbags for sure in the same
yea, even i dont mind the pre-refresh looks, but i needed the 4WD & airbags.

anyways, we are going OT!
Old 15th January 2010, 19:02   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Guys: Additives are generally needed only for older vehicles that have done lakhs of kms and may have some deposts on the injectors etc.
Yup, but good practice to start doing it early at frequent intervals. I use a bottle of STP diesel fuel treatment and injector cleaner after every 4-5 tankfuls of diesel. I use IOC Extramile from only one pump (Qutub service station, Adchini) when in the city, and when I use the additive, I use IOC regular diesel for that tankful. I'm at 83,000 km on the odo now, and have been following this routine ever since the odo read 22,000 km.

Till then, I didn't use additive and used regular diesel only from a BP pump (@SS Traveller - Pushpanjali pump, near your place). But I found my injectors got clogged at 15,000km and again at 22,000 km. The ASC dumped some injector cleaning liquid in my tank in the first four services, which I suspect was useless. Once I switched to STP, no problems so far.

Cheers,
Old 15th January 2010, 19:12   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post
Yup, but good practice to start doing it early at frequent intervals. I use a bottle of STP diesel fuel treatment and injector cleaner after every 4-5 tankfuls of diesel. I use IOC Extramile from only one pump (Qutub service station, Adchini) when in the city, and when I use the additive, I use IOC regular diesel for that tankful. I'm at 83,000 km on the odo now, and have been following this routine ever since the odo read 22,000 km.

Till then, I didn't use additive and used regular diesel only from a BP pump (@SS Traveller - Pushpanjali pump, near your place). But I found my injectors got clogged at 15,000km and again at 22,000 km. The ASC dumped some injector cleaning liquid in my tank in the first four services, which I suspect was useless. Once I switched to STP, no problems so far.
Qutab at Adhchini is also one of my favourite pumps. Pushpanjali is terrible, I have had frequent issues with smoke and lower FE on the Accent earlier. Saran Motors at Bhikaji Cama Place is my regular pump now. I use Iftex System D @1ml/litre on every alternate or third tankful of regular diesel. No issues with the Scorpio, none with the Accent earlier either.

Edit: There's a definite bump up in the performance/smoothness/FE when System D is used after the 3rd tankful of regular diesel.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 15th January 2010 at 19:15.
Old 19th January 2010, 23:50   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

A Note on Cruise Control
In the last 3 months and 7000 km (yes, the odo crossed 7k today), I must have had 5 occasions when the car helped the Delhi Traffic Police earn some money from others. Sounds funny, but here's how.

There are at least three spots on my daily route where the cops set up their speed radars in the afternoon, at least twice a week. Now, these are long sweeping stretches of often empty road, and are awfully inviting - driving on them without close monitoring of the speedo needle would invariably make the needle nudge past 60 - with consequent loss of Rs.400.

Cruise control gets rid of the headache of getting cross-eyed, with one eye on the dial and the other on the road. Get up to 55 km/h, switch on cruise control, and I haven't been stopped yet. But there's something about a Scorpio doing a sedate and steady 55, that excites people and makes them want to zip ahead - and the radar guys obligingly wave them down.

Happened today again. The vehicle was an Omni. A few days ago it was a Superb. A DZire and a Corolla on a couple of other occasions. Do they expect all Scorpios to be driven by madmen inviting impromptu NFS races? Well, good luck to them...

As an aside, I wonder why the cops set up these radars at the exact same spot every time. They are so predictable, but despite that they catch dozens of cars. If they moved their location a few hundred metres in either direction occasionally, they'd probably earn more revenue. Not from me though... I'm usually on cruise control on inviting stretches of road, bugging other road users by crawling along on the second lane as the world whizzes by.

I am really loving it!
Old 20th January 2010, 01:44   #194
BHPian

In the new one, there is one more addition speed alert(buzzer) I love the feature as it irritates you as you reach that speed, I set that at 80 so I don't cross that in run-in period and it does helped a lot to maintain that control. I generally use the cruise control on high ways with AT, cruise control, auto light, auto wiper it going to make the driver completely lazzy !! The only addition that I would have loved was climate control.
-Pramod
Old 20th January 2010, 08:49   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
...speed alert(buzzer)...
Isn't this similar to what's there in the top-end Xylo? I thought setting/changing the speed limit is a bit fiddly on the Xylo, and if it's set to warn about the speed limit (say, 55), then it becomes a nuisance at other times - and turning off is an effort. How does one change the settings on your Scorpio?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks