Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 18:01   #1
J.Ravi

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!

My beloved [‘Cara Mia’ in Italian] Fiat Linea 1.4 l petrol Emotion Pack [Fox Trote Azure] was delivered to me by Concorde Motors India Limited, Hosur Road, Bangalore, on 8 October 2009 evening.
  • I booked on 16 September 2009 with Rs 25 k, paid the balance on 29 September 2009, did the pre-delivery inspection [as per Team BHP check-list] on 6 October 2009 [odometer reading: 32 km] and took delivery on 8 October 2009 with registration number plate.
  • The on-road price worked out to Rs 8.35 lakh. I paid Rs 8.27 lakh to the dealership after getting corporate discount of Rs 8 k and cash discount of Rs 6 k. I took comprehensive insurance from [my present insurer for my previous vehicle Maruti Suzuki Versa] United India Insurance, availing of 50% no-claim bonus which worked out to Rs 8164.
  • At the time of booking, we indicated Medium Grey colour. But, when the sales executive informed me of VIN, which had the code of EPZ, indicating May 2009, I rejected it. Since my wife also disliked that colour and preferred Fox Trote Azure [FTA], we selected FTA. The only vehicle in FTA in that lot had VIN code of JPZ, indicating September 2009, so I grabbed it.
  • The sales executive informed me that RTO authorities visit the dealership daily, inspect the vehicles, collect the documents, demand drafts for life time tax, etc. and furnish the registration number details the next day. The vehicles are not being sent to RTO.
  • The tyres have September 2009 markings, so do the headlamp assemblies. The music system is of Blaupunkt brand. The tool kit contains tow ring for towing purpose. I got desmodronic foldable key with remote control [with electronic and mechanical codes] plus one duplicate manual key. I have also got extended warranty for 2+2 years, which was included in the on-road price.
  • The sales executive [Ghanshyam Dubey] was an excellent chap. He regularly updated me on the latest position. He offered floor mats, mud flaps, car body cover, idol, perfume and 5 litre petrol coupon as freebies apart from corporate/cash discounts. We were given a gift box of chocolates and photographed with the vehicle after puja.
  • The show room experience was also good. However, I must confess here that it was always crowded. Either they have to open an exclusive show room for Fiat products or at least separate section so that we will have at least some privacy in our transactions and discussions.
  • Earlier, I had TD of Fiat Linea [thrice], SX4 [twice] and ANHC [once]. I was offered a massive discount of Rs 62.5 k, very fair value for my 2004 Versa and mouth-watering freebies including reverse parking sensors for SX4 by a Maruti Suzuki dealership. Ultimately, Fiat Linea has emerged as the winner, hands down. Period.
  • The car is excellent. I am getting familiarized with all the features including Blue&Me.
  • More photographs will be posted shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-photo10.jpg  

(2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2009, 18:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ravi,
Welcome to Linea Club.
Car loks cool in Fox Trote Azure color.
Me and my wife loves this color,but it was not available while delivered my Silver Streak Linea.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 12th October 2009, 18:07   #3
BHPian

Congrats on your new arrival JRavi! Any particular reason you went in for the petrol version and not the diesel?
Old 12th October 2009, 18:18   #4
J.Ravi

aks_karthik: Thanks a lot for your wishes.
MalluDude: Thanks a lot for your greetings. My usage is less than 10,000 km/year. Hence, petrol is best-suited for me. Plus I am addicted to petrol engine for its low NVH levels.

Old 12th October 2009, 20:12   #5
BHPian

Congrats for your great purchase,Its very good car,i drove this car on old Mumbai/Pune Highway till 140 Km/hr in no time very good acceleration and amazing stability with class leading breaks ,with unmatched handling,Am sure plastic quality of new batches is much better and frankly never felt plastic quality is too bad.
Enjoy your ride.
Also be careful your car is too close to the wall.

Last edited by parimal_g : 12th October 2009 at 20:13.
Old 12th October 2009, 20:16   #6
BHPian

Hi Ravi
Congratulations and welcome to the Linea club. Enjoy the fabulous Italian beauty.
Old 12th October 2009, 20:25   #7
BHPian

Ravi - Congrats on the new car. Linea is a definite classy car.

Any specific reason for moving from a Versa to a Sedan? I'm sure you'll miss a lot of utility space which the Versa offered.
Old 12th October 2009, 20:43   #8
BHPian

Congrats Ravi on the buy !!! Linea wont disappoint you.

FYI Prerana Motors have a seperate floor (1st) for Fiat cars in their Lalbagh showroom.
Old 12th October 2009, 21:37   #9
BHPian

Congrats Ravi. FTA is great color. Hope to get my Vocal White by next weekend.
Old 12th October 2009, 21:58   #10
BHPian

Congrats Ravi.
Seems the FTA is an instant hit with people. Already 2-3 cars at tbhp of this color.

@NutsnBolts,
Congrats yaar. So you also getting your V white Linea? 1.4 or MJD?
Old 12th October 2009, 22:01   #11
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Congrats for your great purchase,Also be careful your car is too close to the wall.
Thanks, parimal_g. I have been parking my car with its one side close to the garage wall to make way for two 2-wheelers since 1992 without any damages either to the car or to the wall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Hi Ravi
Congratulations and welcome to the Linea club. Enjoy the fabulous Italian beauty.
Thank you, Pragmites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Ravi - Congrats on the new car. Linea is a definite classy car.
Any specific reason for moving from a Versa to a Sedan? I'm sure you'll miss a lot of utility space which the Versa offered.
Thanks a lot, CorsaLove. When I was in Melbourne for three months, I used to drive my daughter's VW Golf 2.0 diesel Pacific Edition. At that time itself, I decided that my next car will be European sedan as I had had Japanese vans since 1992. The ride and handling in European vehicles are simply superb compared to their Japanese counterparts. So, I decided to upgrade to Fiat Linea since it catered to my budget and requirement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
Congrats Ravi on the buy !!! Linea wont disappoint you.
FYI Prerana Motors have a seperate floor (1st) for Fiat cars in their Lalbagh showroom.
Thanks for your wishes and information.

Old 12th October 2009, 22:25   #12
BHPian

Congratulations Ravi. The FTA looks awesome. From your registration, it looks like you are put up around Rajaji Nagar, is that correct?
Old 12th October 2009, 22:31   #13
BHPian

thats a unique color, good choice !

Congrats on becoming a FIAT owner !
Old 12th October 2009, 22:45   #14
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodivasanth View Post
Congratulations Ravi. The FTA looks awesome. From your registration, it looks like you are put up around Rajaji Nagar, is that correct?
Thanks, kodivasanth. I am in Basaveshwara Nagar coming under the jurisdiction of Rajajinagar RTO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
thats a unique color, good choice !
Congrats on becoming a FIAT owner !
Thanks, s3va for your good wishes.

Here are some more pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-new02.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-new03.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-new04.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-new05.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-new06.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-new07.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-new08.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-new09.jpg  

Old 13th October 2009, 11:54   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy.The second FTA in forum.
Did you like blackening the front grills.It looks very good.
Happy motoring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks