Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2014, 19:23   #796
Senior - BHPian

re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!

Congrats Ravi Sir, I bet taking the decision to sell your car would not have been an easy decision. What were the triggers for you to decide on the sale? What were the factors which made you decide on the XUV 500? Why a FWD and why not a AWD?

So the tobacco was helpful in chasing away the rats? am looking forward for your thesis
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 20:48   #797
BHPian

Will miss updates on this thread. This thread is one of the reasons behind my addiction of TBHP.

Is your friend Ajay a BHPian? If not then I guess this is the time for that!
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 08:09   #798
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congrats Ravi Sir
Thanks, MK.

Quote:
What were the triggers for you to decide on the sale?
First, I thought of keeping my Linea in Bangalore and XUV500 in Chennai. Later, I changed my decision as FIATs depreciate much more than other brands. FIAT, Linea, light blue, petrol, all are negatives in the present used-car market scenario. The more I postpone the sale, the more I lose. Hence, I decided to let my Linea go out of my hands with a heavy heart.

Quote:
What were the factors which made you decide on the XUV 500? Why a FWD and why not a AWD?
I will answer these questions in detail in my XUV500 ownership thread.

Quote:
So the tobacco was helpful in chasing away the rats?
Tobacco sticks are the most economical and effective method to discourage entry of rats in cars. The rats did not spare my son's Classic 500 too. He had an extra sheath covering over the fuel hose to prevent any damage to the fuel hose due to friction. These rats chewed that outer sheath covering although the fuel hose was untouched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Will miss updates on this thread. This thread is one of the reasons behind my addiction of TBHP.
Thanks, the_skyliner.

Quote:
Is your friend Ajay a BHPian?
No. But, I have invited him to join Team-BHP. In fact, he requested me not to remove the Team-BHP stickers from my Linea! Last night, when he visited us, I showed him your post. He was touched.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 28th January 2014 at 08:11.
  (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 10:32   #799
J.Ravi

Good Bye, Cara Mia Fiat Linea

I bid good bye to my Linea at 9:12 am today. My Linea took us to 23 states/UT in India + Bhutan. She did not breakdown anywhere, anytime during my ownership of 4 years and 4 months. I will be missing her very badly.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-1.jpg

My last drive of Linea from the portico to the street.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-2.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-3.jpg

I thank all for their appreciation, comments, suggestions and guidance. My special thanks are due to Team-BHP, which helped me to take a decision to buy Linea based on numerous ownership threads.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 2nd February 2014 at 10:44.
  (23) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 11:25   #800
Senior - BHPian

Must be a very poignant moment to see your car go, the good thing is that it will be with someone you know. I've always found it hard to sell the cars I've owned , I transferred my first M 800 to my father in Kolkata.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the linea travelogues here . I look forward to your travelogues in the XUV 5OO now.
sdp1975 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 15:36   #801
J.Ravi

Nowadays, I have the company of these FIATs after the departure of my erstwhile Linea! I imported the left one from Italy. FIAT India presented me the right one [optical mouse] during FIAT Ranjangaon plant visit in December 2010. These FIATs will accompany me during all mega trips.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-img_1289.jpg

I have kept Linea's ashtray in my XUV500 as a souvenir.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-dsc_0025.jpg
  (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 08:36   #802
BHPian

I was away from Tbhp, and you sold the Linea Raviji.
As a Fiatian I will say a bad decision, but respect the freedom of choice on reasons.
And happy you have no ill feeling on FIAT.

Now I think I am probably keeping the oldest Fiat Linea, bought in 23-12-2010 !
Sunney is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 09:03   #803
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
As a Fiatian I will say a bad decision, but respect the freedom of choice on reasons.
Thanks for remembering me, Sunney. I still remember our Lineas' meet at Kochi. Nice to know you are keeping your Linea. Since there was no upgrade available in FIAT, I bought my XUV 500.
  (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 20:00   #804
BHPian

Any long drives with the XUV, and how you compare with 'Linea Drives' with 'XUV Drives'?

Though my Linea is going great after completing 5 years, I must query and know on other equally good or better alternatives. Hence the query...
Old 24th February 2016, 04:36   #805
BHPian

Oh it's a really sad thing to let go of something that one has cherished. Anyway, wish you lots of happy driving in your new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
Now I think I am probably keeping the oldest Fiat Linea, bought in 23-12-2010 !
We still have ours. And we got it in May 09. It's done about 78k kms.
Old 15th March 2016, 12:11   #806

Dear All,

I bought my Fiat Linea on 04 April 2010 Emotion MJD
Over the years did the following important works:
Upgraded the suspensions for higher GC,
Changed the timing belt.
Replaced the Clutch Kit and AC Cooling Coil.
Replaced all heating plugs.

Apart from this I have had no other problems with my car which has done 82455
Kmts on the odo.

For some reason I never did take it for very long rides, but last week, it was a call from the wild and an opportunity arose for a road trip from Hyderabad to Bangaluru with family.

I thought it was a good opportunity to see how the octogenarian linea would performed . So we embarked at 5:30 AM from Hyderabad. It Took us 6Hrs 15 Mins to reach Yelahanka.
My observation are as follows

1. The Car was carrying 3 adults including myself and packed with 3 suitcases weighing about 50 Kgs in all.
2. My tyres are in good condition with about 70% tread.
3. Ride wise, I suppose all linea's take time to spool and reach 100. I was mostly cruising around 110-120, after which the engine becomes very gruffy. While cruising the rpm would hover around 2500-2800. The engine sure didnt feel at easy but was showing no signs of weakness.
4. I felt there was considerable wind noise from the car, esp. the front quarter glass area where lies the side view mirrors. I have always admired the linea design which was the reason for buying the car in the first place. The aerodynamic property of the car is something that i am not too sure of.
5. I had a problem with front wheel arch liners both coming off and rubbing against the tyres. They may have become loose over the period of time. Thankfully i carry a basic tool kit with me, so I could re fix them back in a couple of minutes. however the right liner suffered some damage on part of the grinding with the wheel. I suppose there is substantial pressure on the inner liners while driving at higher speeds.

5. The car behaves in a very stately manner, very predictable and firm. I did notice a very minor (very very very minor) shudder close to reaching 100kmph then settled down at 110kmph. perhaps the balancing of the wheel wasn't perfect.

I did have a stress free ride on my linea, very comforting even in the Bangaluru city traffic, with excellent Air conditioning there was not a moment of sweat. However It was disappointing that the vehicle runs out of breath at higher speeds, and becomes a little rough.

The car delivered a fuel efficiency of 19 KMPL on an average speed of 76 Kmph including the Hyderabad /Bangaluru city driving. On highways it was 84 kmph.

I have also observed two things which perhaps the leaders could help with, they may be inter-related:
1. While I break at slow speeds across a speed braker there is a slight movement felt on the brake pedal.
2. When i press the ac compress switch the engine sound changes, I was suspecting one of the pulleys or engine foundations.

The car does shows signs of slowing down, but shes upto any challenge thrown at it. I do not wish to sell the car at any time soon and wish to cherish her past 1Lakh Kmts.

Happy Linea miles

Last edited by Slider : 15th March 2016 at 12:19.
Slider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 16:50   #807
Senior - BHPian

Re: Good Bye, Cara Mia Fiat Linea

[quote=J.Ravi;3360056]I bid good bye to my Linea at 9:12 am today. My Linea took us to 23 states/UT in India + Bhutan. She did not breakdown anywhere, anytime during my ownership of 4 years and 4 months. I will be missing her very badly.

Attachment 1200137

My last drive of Linea from the portico to the street.

Attachment 1200138

Attachment 1200139

I thank all for their appreciation, comments, suggestions and guidance. My special thanks are due to Team-BHP, which helped me to take a decision to buy Linea based on numerous ownership threads.[/QU

I've pleasant memories of your travelogue with the Linea and how you took it all over India! Wish you many many years of happy driving in your XUV 500. Happy mile munching and please do continue to inspire us all with your detailed road trips.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 17:50   #808
J.Ravi

Re: Good Bye, Cara Mia Fiat Linea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Wish you many many years of happy driving in your XUV 500.
Thanks a lot for the appreciation and good wishes, Durango Dude. Yes, my XUV 500 has already crossed 46 k km in less than 27 months! The details are here.

Old 6th April 2016, 19:40   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
Dear All,

1. However the right liner suffered some damage on part of the grinding with the wheel.
2. When i press the ac compress switch the engine sound changes, I was suspecting one of the pulleys or engine foundations.
According to a Fiat mechanic, damaged liner, especially right side one, should be replaced as soon as possible. The reason he says is the air intake hose is fixed towards the right wheel inside the bonnet, and any tear in the liner can throw up dust and mud that can be sucked into engine manifold.

When switching on the AC there is a discernible change in the engine sound. This is normal. It usually sounds like the engine suddenly turned taut. Still it is advisable to check the belts and engine foundation at the service center.
lejhoom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks