Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 20:10   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trip To East & North-East - Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
When I contacted the SA at 2:30 pm, he informed me that spares were yet to reach. But, the silver lining on the otherwise dark clouds was, I was assured that I would get my Linea on that day itself come what may.
This must be dedicated to prospective fiat buyers who are worried about A.S.S and also for those who bought a different vehicle just because of fear towards A.S.S.
They are missing an opportunity to drive a wonderful vehicle.

We are hooked on to your thread J.Ravi.
Wish you a problem free trip for the remaining days.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 20:29   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand

This must be dedicated to prospective fiat buyers who are worried about A.S.S and also for those who bought a different vehicle just because of fear towards A.S.S.
They are missing an opportunity to drive a wonderful vehicle.
I was one of the first one to buy a Linea as soon as it was launched and sold it in a year. Now no matter how good cars fiat launch or people praise about fiat, I will never ever buy a fiat again in India. I have had enough from buying experience to their service support that will last my life time.
Old 20th April 2012, 21:17   #573
BHPian

re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Amazing spirit. All the best to you Ravi. Enjoy your journey and be safe. Since you take such off beat roads maybe you should go for GC upgrade kit. Or have you?
How good, effective, pricy is the GC kit?
Pls elaborate dear Palio.

Me too on the foot of Raviji, to a drive to Ladak this season, encouraged by HVK. I wonder if I can get a kit fixed before this trip in August, the better to avoid such events.

Pls tell me if it is by Fiat OE, approved by them?
Will I have to book or freely available?
Cost?
Thanks in advance...
Old 20th April 2012, 22:33   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The City Of Joy turned out to be the City Of Sorrow for my Linea on 14 April 2012 early morning. While entering Kolkata around 4:30 am, my Linea was made to run over a pothole due to congestion and I heard a bang.
Sorry to hear about this mishap. You should thank your stars that you got away with just a damaged suspension, both you & your better half are safe. All such incidents happen in the dark hours, when the visibility is very poor & we don't get a damn clue about such nasty potholes. I met a similar fate when I banged into a pothole in the wee hours, the damage being a burst tyre. Fortunately suspension, steering were in tact & the tyre took the whole beating.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 06:49   #575
J.Ravi

Trip To East & North-East - Update

We are scheduled to leave Kaziranga in another two hours to Shillong. We had enjoyed one elephant safari and 3 jeep safaris in different ranges of Kaziranga National Park in the last two days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
How big was that pothole ? that it took out the LHS suspension.
The culprit pothole was an innocent-looking one, which turned out to be the proverbial last straw on the camel's back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
We are hooked on to your thread J.Ravi.
Wish you a problem free trip for the remaining days.
Thanks, hemanth.anand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
You should thank your stars that you got away with just a damaged suspension, both you & your better half are safe.
Thanks, AutoIndian.
  (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 10:45   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are scheduled to leave Kaziranga in another two hours to Shillong. We had enjoyed one elephant safari and 3 jeep safaris in different ranges of Kaziranga National Park in the last two days.
I hope you thoroughly enjoyed Kaziranga National Park. During all your safaris which other animals could you spot? Does the park live upto its name?
Old 21st April 2012, 12:09   #577
Team-BHP Support

Sir,

I learnt about your trip from Rahul4640 on phone few days back, but because of stuck with no connectivity for over 2 weeks I couldn't keep a tab.

In case you would be passing through Purnea, please let me know. We can meet up @ Dalkola (Bihar, W.B. Border) as well.

Thanks
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 13:02   #578
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to Fiat for having replaced the shocks so that you may continue on your journey. You have an "Edhayum thangum Idhayam": (a Tamil saying) meaning a real "Brave Heart".
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 17:01   #579
J.Ravi

My Linea took us safely to Lake View Inn, Shillong at 3:30 pm today. Ghat sections and road-widening works took their toll in FE, average speed and trip timings. The traffic congestion in Shillong could beat Bangalore's hands down!
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-dsc06508.jpg
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-dsc06509.jpg
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-dsc06510.jpg
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-dsc06511.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
During all your safaris which other animals could you spot?
It is dominated by rhinos, rhinos, rhinos, all the way. The wild elephants come far second. We enjoyed the elephant safari the most. We left our room at 4:45 am and the safari started at 5:15 am. Apart from the mahout, we were the only occupants of the elephant named Loki Prasad. Loki Prasad took us near many families/groups of rhinos in the one hour ride we had. We had the closest possible view of one-horned rhinos.
Quote:
Does the park live upto its name?
Yes. Absolutely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
In case you would be passing through Purnea, please let me know. We can meet up @ Dalkola (Bihar, W.B. Border) as well.
Thanks, Sheel. In fact, Rahul4640 was suggesting that you could guide on Purnea route so as to avoid NH 34. I am toying with the idea of taking Purnea route for my return journey from Bhutan. I shall PM you before my departure from Bhutan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
You have an "Edhayum thangum Idhayam": (a Tamil saying) meaning a real "Brave Heart".
Thank you, Durango Dude. I think, my Linea too has an Edhayum Thangum Idhayam!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 21st April 2012 at 17:13.
  (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:05   #580
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the updates Ravi Ji. How many days are you planning to stay at Shillong? And When are you going to cross the borders?
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 19:14   #581
J.Ravi

Another hectic day today. We visited IAF Eastern Command HQ Museum, Elephant Falls, Cherrapunjee, Mawsmai Caves, Eco Park and Ward's Lake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
How many days are you planning to stay at Shillong?
Three nights.
Quote:
And When are you going to cross the borders?
24 April 2012 [Tuesday] evening.
  (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:42   #582
J.Ravi

We had a leisurely day today. Got up late in the morning. Had a hearty breakfast. Visited Don Bosco Centre For Indigenous Cultures [Don Bosco Museum]. Returned to the hotel, lunched and rested. We roamed around Police Bazaar in the evening. We will leave for Phuentsholing, Bhutan tomorrow morning after breakfast.
  (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 20:34   #583
J.Ravi

Cara Mia Fiat Linea Crossed The International Border For The First Time!

I am posting this message from Hotel Singye, Thimphu, where we reached safely at 7 pm today. We left Phuentsholing, Bhutan at 12:30 pm after obtaining entry permits for us and vehicle permit for my Linea. Yesterday, we had left Shillong at 8:30 am, reached Phuentsholing by 9:30 pm and stayed at Hotel Centennial 2008.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
is your vehicle the first indian linea in bhutan?
I don't think so. Another Linea-owner [Mahesh Natarajan] did it in his Linea in 2010.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th April 2012 at 20:41.
  (5) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 20:37   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

is your vehicle the first indian linea in bhutan? enjoy the stay sir.
when are you coming back...can't wait for the travelogue
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 20:49   #585
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea Crossed The International Border For The First Time!

Quote:
I am posting this message from Hotel Singye, Thimphu, where we reached safely at 7 pm today. We left Phuentsholing, Bhutan at 12:30 pm after obtaining entry permits for us and vehicle permit for my Linea. Yesterday, we had left Shillong at 8:30 am, reached Phuentsholing by 9:30 pm and stayed at Hotel Centennial 2008.
Congratulations on reaching you next summit safely. How are the roads in Bhutan compared to those in India? I believe the terrain would be all hilly & you must have thoroughly enjoyed your drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks