Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2010, 20:08   #226
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
I inquired AK International, Chennai. They said the 3D mat is not available for the trunks. Is it available in Bglr? Also he quoted around 5500 for the inner mats alone. I called Hot tracks Bglr and no one picked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Great Mats Ravi, did you get them in the boot as well? I think Linea mats won't work for Punto as it is because dimensions seem to be bit different. Boot mat definitely won't fit Punto. Any idea if these mats would be available in Pune?
Sorry for the confusion, ndinesh and manish7. As rightly pointed out by PaddleShifter, I imported the custom-made moulded boot mat from Germany at a cost of Rs 5,800 including shipping and customs duty. See my post #154 dated 19 July 2010 in this thread. I wanted to stress the fact that now cara mia Fiat Linea has custom-made moulded mats for both boot and floor. That's why I posted the photographs. Hot Tracks 3D Kagu mats do not include boot mat. Quoting Rs 5500 as against Bangalore price of Rs 4500 is too much, I feel. Get in touch with Hot Tracks to know whether they can arrange to ship the mats to Chennai. The 3D mats are available at Pune with Rahul Enterprises. Mobile: 0 99224 88811/0 93710 12211 and Mumbai with Autosmart Agencies. Telephone: 022 2382 4951. Mobile: 0 93231 24951.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
I think Ravi Sir got imported boot mats for his Cara Mia. Refer to previous pages and you will see the boot mat when it arrived.
Thanks a lot, PaddleShifter, for clarifying the matter.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 28th October 2010 at 20:15.

Old 10th December 2010, 09:13   #227
J.Ravi

re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!

Cara Mia Fiat Linea had its first puncture on her rear right wheel on 29 Nov 2010 at Jodhpur. I didn't feel anything abnormal. When we had gone to the fort, a friendly cab driver drew my attention and pointed to the wheel, which had less air. I knew, what was in store for me and my Linea. We returned to our abode. There, I replaced the punctured wheel with the spare steel wheel. I saw the villain, the nail on the tyre. Later, I got it repaired at the town at a cost of Rs 50 and got the repaired wheel restored to its orginal position and spare steel wheel went back to the boot. He did it using the fibrous sticky thread and I continued my mega trip. We then drove on to Udaipur>Surat>Pune>Ranjangaon>Pune>Bangalore. Every morning, I used to check all the wheels, they were perfectly alright. But, on 8 Dec 2010 morning, it was not so!

On that day, I gave my Linea a well-deserved shampoo bath. At that time, I observed that air in the same repaired wheel was less. This had happened after 9 days after repairing of the first puncture. Immediately after the bath, I took my Linea to our local tyre repairwala and explained the matter in detail. He dismantled the wheel and checked it by immersing in a tub of water. I could see minute bubbles coming out of the same spot, which was repaired at Jodhpur.

The local puncture wala was critical about inserting fibrous sticky thread-like substance for tubeless tyres. He recommended what he called 'tyre patch'. Immediately, he removed tyre from the alloy rim, removed the fibrous substance from the spot, roughened the area, applied a solution at the affected area, pasted a small patch, again affixed 'tyre patch' over the small patch [both on the inside], applied another solution from outside at the affected area, assembled the wheel again, successfully tested it in the tub of water and fitted it back after filling it with air [at 36 psi of air as desired by me].

He then assured me that nothing would happen. By chance, if air leaks from the same spot, he would repair it FOC! He then checked the air pressure in all the five wheels. For the spare wheel, he said, he would keep 40 psi, for which I readily agreed! He charged me Rs 150.

I checked the tyre pressure from the past two days. It is okay. I will be driving to and fro Pondicherry tomorrow. Let me drive and see the tyre performance after the repair work.

Old 10th December 2010, 10:07   #228
BHPian

I too don't have very good experience with the sticky plugs which they use. I prefer the old patch method. I have experience that the sticky plug tends to give away after a while, especially if you drive on wet roads. Maybe othe rmembers can share their thoughts.
Old 11th December 2010, 15:25   #229
BHPian

Ravi, tell me whether the 3 D mat set consists of mat too with the price of Rs 4500 mentioned by you. The picture shows the boot mats along with series of floor mats pics. I contacted hot tracks at Indiaranagar. They were saying that Boot mat dooent come along with the set and it will sepreately cost around Rs 2500.
Old 12th December 2010, 20:10   #230
J.Ravi

Thanks, Col_KRK. Sorry for the communication gap. The boot mat is not part of the 3D mats. I imported the boot mat costing Rs 5800 from Germany. For details, please refer to my post # 154 in this thread.

Yesterday, I drove in Cara Mia Fiat Linea to and fro my village, Vidur, located near Tindivanam, Tamil Nadu, to attend to an urgent personal work.

We left our home at 4:05 am. My Linea had tankful of petrol at BP COCO retail outlet at Chinnar, near Krishnagiri toll plaza as we had our morning filter coffee at A2B at BP Ghar Dhaba at 5:30 am and continued our journey. We stopped at Hotel Saravana Bhavan, Vellore, at 7:30 am for breakfast, and again continued our trip. We took a longer Vellore>Arcot>Arani>Chetpet>Gingee>Kootteripet> Vidur [NH 7/46/45 & SH 4] in view of bad road condition of NH 66 from Krishnagiri to Thiruvannamalai. I drove through the bus stands and markets of Arcot, Arani and Chetpet!

Even NH 7 and NH 46 did not escape the fury of torrential rain that Tamil Nadu was subjected to recently. The wearing coat [bituminous concrete layer] got chipped off at many spots in the stretch from Hosur to Vellore. But, SH 4 was superb from Arcot to Arani and it beat many good 2-lane NH in India. But, it turned out to be in very bad state from Arani to Chetpet [about 40 km], later improved upto Gingee. From Gingee onwards, the roads were in good condition.

We reached Vidur by 12 noon [after 8 hours of tedious journey], finished our work by 1 pm and started back.

The Vidur Dam was full and overflowing through all its crest gates. I saw this magnificient sight for the first time. This dam used to be half-full when all other irrigation dams were full in a good monsoon year. But, this time it's different. The surplus water was flowing down blocking the low-level causeway that was the main entry point for Vidur village. We reached the village by the road on the top of the dam! I clicked some photographs.

For the return journey, I decided to take the usual shorter NH 45/66/46/7 through Thiruvannamalai, Uthangarai & Krishnagiri as I got fed up with the tedious driving in the up journey. From Thiruvannamalai to Krishnagiri, it was a complete mess. NH 66 was damaged beyond anyone's guess. There was semblance of road in between craters, potholes, water-logged areas, etc. Even, buses and trucks struggled to negotiate the mess. My Linea bottom-scraped twice! I was driving in the first/second and third gear for most of time.

When we reached Krishnagiri in NH 46, we had a sigh of relief. I broke the journey again at the same BP COCO retail outlet at Chinnar at 7 pm. I took the much-needed rest. We had stomachful dinner and our Linea, tankful petrol. BTW, BP COCO retail outlets at Chinnar and Thoppur [NH 7] have a scheme: they give a refreshment bag containing 1 litre branded water bottle, Britannia 50-50 biscuit packet and another packet of Lays potato chips, when Rs 1000-worth petrol or Speed is filled up. I collected two such refreshment bags one each in the morning and night!

When I reached my home, it was 9:30 pm after 17.5 hours of hectic trip of 672.2 km. Last night, I took a vow: I would never drive to Vidur/Pondicherry for another 6 months, or so, until the road quality improves on this route! But, the positive aspect of this trip is that my Linea returned a FE of 13 kmpl of petrol for the entire trip!

Here are some photographs:
Attached Thumbnails
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-024vidur.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-025vidur.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-026vidur.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-032vidur.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-043vidur.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by J.Ravi : 12th December 2010 at 20:17.

Old 14th December 2010, 18:03   #231
J.Ravi

Letter from Tata Motors

Today, I received a letter from S Sree Raman, General Manager - Customer Service, Passenger Car Business Unit, Tata Motors, seeking our continued patronage and support in the light of Tata Motors dealer network securing the second rank with Fiat branded cars in the coveted JD Power CSI Study 2010. Here is the letter.
Attached Thumbnails
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-001.jpg  

Old 1st January 2011, 13:35   #232
J.Ravi

I successfully installed ecoDrive in my Linea. Of course, while creating the profile, I selected UK [as India was not found in the drop-down menu], Linea, Petrol, 1.4 and 77 hp as there were no other alternative for petrol Linea. Let me see what feed-back ecoDrive gives.

Yesterday, I drove in my Linea to Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore, to buy 1 litre can of spare Selenia K engine oil for my fabulous Fiat Linea, but ended up buying Linea beige neck rests and windshield cleaning fluid. Selenia K, the petrol engine oil was out of stock, I was told and asked to come on Monday! I paid Rs 580 totally.
Attached Thumbnails
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-001.jpg  

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-003.jpg  

Last edited by J.Ravi : 1st January 2011 at 13:37.

Old 1st January 2011, 20:01   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I successfully installed ecoDrive in my Linea. Of course, while creating the profile, I selected UK [as India was not found in the drop-down menu], Linea, Petrol, 1.4 and 77 hp as there were no other alternative for petrol Linea. Let me see what feed-back ecoDrive gives.
I'm looking forward to hear more from you on this. But, I've few queries and I guess you will answer them :

1) Can you please provide me the link, from where I can download the ecoDrive software? Yes, I want to try whether this works in our Fiat GP.

2) Did you face any issues while installing the ecoDrive software?

Quote:
Yesterday, I drove in my Linea to Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore, to buy 1 litre can of spare Selenia K engine oil for my fabulous Fiat Linea, but ended up buying Linea beige neck rests and windshield cleaning fluid. Selenia K, the petrol engine oil was out of stock, I was told and asked to come on Monday! I paid Rs 580 totally.
The beige neck rests looks good. The accessories that you've bought for your Fiat Linea explains the passion that you've towards the car.

Did you remove the FIAT decals? I would recommend you not to remove them. Yes, it looks awesome.
Old 1st January 2011, 20:14   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I'm looking forward to hear more from you on this. But, I've few queries and I guess you will answer them :

1) Can you please provide me the link, from where I can download the ecoDrive software? Yes, I want to try whether this works in our Fiat GP.
It's available here KC . I've installed it on the PC and there is a perfect profile to select for GP as well. Need to complete the installation on the Car tonight to start collecting the data.
Old 1st January 2011, 20:32   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
It's available here KC . I've installed it on the PC and there is a perfect profile to select for GP as well. Need to complete the installation on the Car tonight to start collecting the data.
You're pretty fast teky. Thanks a lot for the link.

I guess, you own a Fiat GP. In case if you are trying to install the software, do keep us updated.

My father is on the way to our home after a long trip. So, let me download the ecoDrive software and get my pen-drive ready before he reach home.
Old 2nd January 2011, 12:30   #236
J.Ravi

Thanks, Klub Class. The link has already been given by teky. I didn't face any issue while installing ecoDrive. I don't have any intention of removing Fiat decals, which I love them.

Today, I drove in Cara Mia Fiat Linea to Kamat Lokaruchi, located at Bangalore - Mysore SH 17, 51 km away from my home, and enjoyed sumptuous and delicious buffet breakfast with my family. After returning home, I checked the feedback given by ecoDrive by inserting the USB stick in my laptop. Here is the result. eco Index: 66. FE: 40.2 mpg [17.1 kmpl]. Anyway, another 4 days' trip data are required for more detailed feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-ecodrive.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2011, 18:12   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Thanks, Klub Class. The link has already been given by teky. I didn't face any issue while installing ecoDrive. I don't have any intention of removing Fiat decals, which I love them.

Today, I drove in Cara Mia Fiat Linea to Kamat Lokaruchi, located at Bangalore - Mysore SH 17, 51 km away from my home, and enjoyed sumptuous and delicious buffet breakfast with my family. After returning home, I checked the feedback given by ecoDrive by inserting the USB stick in my laptop. Here is the result. eco Index: 66. FE: 40.2 mpg [17.1 kmpl]. Anyway, another 4 days' trip data are required for more detailed feedback.
Mr.Ravi, I also installed Ecodrive today.. But only fear is, if it starts giving any issue, how to do a factory restore of blue and Me original version without ecodrive. Do you know that?

I uderstand if we disconnect the battery terminal, it resets the B & M system, but does it do a factory reset.. i mean it will automatically uninstall Ecodrive? I am actually worried about this whole stuff.. Request your thoughts..

-Sathya
Old 3rd January 2011, 08:47   #238
J.Ravi

@Sathya_sc: I found that there is an option to switch off ecoDrive. Go to the opening menu of Blue&Me [from the steering control/voice command]>ECODRIVE>Switch Off. The Blue&Me female voice will make an announcement to that effect. Then, ecoDrive becomes inactive. I don't think ecoDrive could be completely uninstalled. I think, now both ecoDrive and Cara Mia Fiat Linea have become inseparable until death!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 3rd January 2011 at 08:57.

Old 4th January 2011, 19:46   #239
BHPian

J.Ravi, can you just explain how did you install eco-drive. My Linea's Blue&Me says 'Update error, check the contents in the USB and try again'. I tried it around 4 or 5 times but no way. I am using Windows 7 but that should not cause any problem. Don't know whats wrong. Still trying to install it.
Old 4th January 2011, 20:15   #240
J.Ravi

GTX007: My Linea has already been updated to Blue&Me SW v 5.5. My USB stick was also formatted.

I followed these steps:

1. I downloaded the ecoDrive application to my laptop with USB stick inserted. Then, I plugged the USB stick in the Blue&Me USB port of my Linea.
2. I inserted the key and turned it to MAR position.
3. I saw the display: Update started/complete
4. I heard the Blue&Me female voice announce 'Update complete. Remove the device'
5. I checked the Blue&Me menu>ecoDrive>Switch On
6. I turned the key to stop position, removed it and the USB device.
7. When I took my Linea out later, I repeated the steps 1 and 2, started the engine and completed the trip
8. After parking my Linea in the garage, I removed the USB stick, inserted it in my laptop and opened the ecoDrive folder of the USB stick
9. In my laptop, I opened my ecoDrive profile and double clicked it to generate the first report.
10. In FAQ, it is clarified that our car computer has capacity to store the data generated up to 8 hours of journey. So, it is not necessary to plug in the USB stick always. It can be done later also provided only one driver drives the car. In case of multiple drivers, each driver should have his/her own USB stick to store the individual data. Minimum 5 days' journey data are required for detailed feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks