Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 06:57   #166
Senior - BHPian

After Skoda providing Umbrella with Superb, it appears FIAT/Tata wants to follow inspired by Sam Kapasi (and his fan's) indulgence with it on Team BHP.

Umbrellas look cute.
Old 30th July 2010, 08:06   #167
Team-BHP Support

I'm sorry Fiat fans but I couldn't resist after seeing the umbrella.

So Fiat has now started giving umbrellas for car owners as a monsoon ready campaign. What are they hinting at?
Old 31st July 2010, 02:56   #168
Senior - BHPian

^ ROFL, good one but scarily enough what you imply could definitely happen
Old 31st July 2010, 21:39   #169
BHPian

Hey,

The thread is very very good and you are a true car lover . The effort you put to get the accessories and the unique things you got (Model, Bolts etc.) are awesome. Keep the thread alive also I had a query, how much FE you usually get? I noticed you said min you got was 8.9 kmpl but that was DTE or tank full to tank empty?
Old 1st August 2010, 05:35   #170
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
The thread is very very good and you are a true car lover . The effort you put to get the accessories and the unique things you got (Model, Bolts etc.) are awesome. Keep the thread alive also I had a query, how much FE you usually get? I noticed you said min you got was 8.9 kmpl but that was DTE or tank full to tank empty?
Thanks. Here are the vital statistics of my Fiat Linea [already posted at page 8]. I have not done tankful-to-tankful method.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
My Fiat Linea's best mileage figures:

The best FE achieved on a highway between Hosur and Krishnagiri on NH 7 with sedate driving, 4 occupants and ACC @ 20 deg C: 18.1 kmpl

The best FE achieved in Bangalore city driving at 1:11 pm with 4 occupants and 20 deg C: 11.6 kmpl

The highest speed achieved on Mumbai - Pune Expressway with 4 occupants and ACC at 20 deg C: 180 kmph

I am fully satisfied with my Fiat Linea's FE, power and performance.
Quote:
My Fiat Linea recorded its best FE of 23.3 kmpl during my Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore one-day trip on 10 April 2010 between Krishnagiri and Vellore on NH 7/46 consistently with sedate driving of 70 to 80 kmph, 5 occupants and ACC at 20 deg C. Amazing FE, I should say!

Old 12th August 2010, 17:11   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, I could get the door sill plates or kick plates at Chennai.

On 17 June 2010, I decided to explore all the automobile accessory shops located in General Patters Road. I went from one shop to the other. I got strange feed-backs ranging from 'Fiat Linea? Imported car?' to 'Fiat Linea's accessories are not available now. Perhaps, they may be available in future'! But, in Jawahar Auto Spares, #37, General Patters Road, Jayapradha Theatre Complex, Chennai 600 002 [phone: 4215 8485], Mr J Sushil Jain, showed me the Winner brand door sill plates [4] for Fiat Linea [and also for Punto] comprising each 2 front and rear door sill plates, costing Rs 950 per set. He claimed he had other accessories for Linea like window visors [Rs 950 per set of 4], boot mats [Rs 350], etc., but I didn't see them. Fixing was easy. Just peeled off the top layer of the sticker and pressed it. Presto! It's done.

Here are some pictures. The top two shows the front door sill plates and the bottom one, the rear door sill plate.

Hi J Ravi,

I am totally smitten by the door sill plates which you got for your Linea. I always missed them in my car as a standard fitment. I was not sure if I would get these plates in the accessories market. Your find has now inspired me to go hunting for them in Mumbai. Man your car looks complete now. I guess your Linea is one of the most pampered in the forum and she sure deserves that attention and Love.

Raj
Old 13th August 2010, 05:41   #172
J.Ravi

Thank you, RajBajwa, for compliments.

If you don't get the kick plates in Mumbai, you can contact Mr Sushil Jain of Jawahar Auto Spares, Chennai, who can courier them to you at an additional cost of Rs 200. Please see here for more details:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...cessories.html

Old 13th August 2010, 13:21   #173
BHPian

Thanks for the info. I think 950 + 200 Shipping charges is worth it. I'll contact them. It'll be more convenient than me searching around Mumbai city.
Old 13th August 2010, 16:41   #174
BHPian

^ That will be a good option. I got mine from the same guy, thanks to Ravi.
Old 12th September 2010, 17:09   #175
J.Ravi

I did a Bangalore - Chennai trip day before yesterday and returned back home at Bangalore at 1:50 am today. I enjoyed driving my Linea, especially the return trip last night in heavy, non-stop downpour from Kanchipuram to Bangalore.

My Linea returned 13 kmpl for the entire Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore trip including inter and intra city driving with 5 people on board and ACC set at 20 deg C.

The windscreen wipers worked almost non-stop for about 4 hours in all the three speeds. I found that the wipers' movement was not smooth but jerky and shaky at the minimum and intermediate speeds. But, they worked alright at the maximum speed. In all the three speeds, they wiped the windscreen perfectly clean. I shall take up the matter when my Linea goes for the second free service the next month.

Old 12th September 2010, 18:23   #176
BHPian

Quote:
I did a Bangalore - Chennai trip day before yesterday and returned back home at Bangalore at 1:50 am today. I enjoyed driving my Linea, especially the return trip last night in heavy, non-stop downpour from Kanchipuram to Bangalore.

My Linea returned 13 kmpl for the entire Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore trip including inter and intra city driving with 5 people on board and ACC set at 20 deg C.

The windscreen wipers worked almost non-stop for about 4 hours in all the three speeds. I found that the wipers' movement was not smooth but jerky and shaky at the minimum and intermediate speeds. But, they worked alright at the maximum speed. In all the three speeds, they wiped the windscreen perfectly clean. I shall take up the matter when my Linea goes for the second free service the next month.
I have the same problem with my Punto. I don't know if it's with all FIAT vehicles, but will the problem go away if i change the wipers?
Old 13th September 2010, 07:32   #177
Senior - BHPian

This is present in all Punto and Linea I've seen till date. The wipers are shaky at intermittent/slow speeds. I don't think replacing the wipers would solve this issue.
I'm ok with it though as how often do we need to use wipers?
Old 13th September 2010, 09:41   #178
J.Ravi

Thanks, krreddy and PaddleShifter, for kind information.

Now, I am relieved to note that it is a common issue faced in all Puntos/Lineas. Since the wipers clean the windshield perfectly alright in all the speeds, it is okay for me too!

Old 13th September 2010, 12:48   #179
BHPian

I dint notice this wiper problem in my car. But certainly, I landed up in new problem of a deep scratch on the windshield glass (driver side) along the path of this wiper blade driving in the monsoon.I really dont know whether any repair is possible.

The right rear side body (may be near suspension) of the car started giving a thud noise. It keeps poping out very frequently. The car was with Concorde Motors (Dairy Circle) for two days. But certainly, they couldnt isolate the problem. A defect report is being raised by Concorde with FIAT for solution !!!!!!!! Anyone of you facing similar noise problem?????
Old 13th September 2010, 16:59   #180
BHPian

I faced this problem with the wipers once this monsoon where they would kind of wobble while wiping the screen. I lifted the wipers from the screen and put them back again ensuring that they are properly aligned. (The car cleaner who washes the car lifted the wipers and put them back in an improper manner)

If the wipers are placed properly there's no wobble or jerkiness.

You can check if your wiper blades are placed perfectly on the screen. If not then you can solve the problem in a simple manner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks