Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 12:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms

The details on the headlight replacement can be seen here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1534855 No i have not changed the fog lights. Thanks for the compliments regarding the car. It is the reason we are here on team bhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
hey goandude, your car looks fantastic and well maintained. As you know, I too own a swift dzire vxi, and i feel the lighting is too inadequate for highway. For the city it is fair. I was planning to upgrade the bulbs too. Could you please throw some light on the procedure and what all should be bought to change the lights? And have you changed the lights of your fog lamps as well?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ip-thread.html
Old 9th February 2011, 16:04   #62

re: Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms

Dear goandude, althought this is a very long time to ask
but i am also planning to buy a dzire vdi.
just wanted to know how have the yoko a drives been doing?

and also whats ur long term issues with the car.
cheers!!
Old 10th February 2011, 13:20   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by natthu View Post
Dear goandude, althought this is a very long time to ask
but i am also planning to buy a dzire vdi.
just wanted to know how have the yoko a drives been doing?

and also whats ur long term issues with the car.
cheers!!
The Dzire is a VFM car in it's class and price band. But the Manza can give it a run for the money.

The A drives are really very balanced tires good grip in wet and dry, low noise, and significantly cheaper than the Michelin. I have had them for 20k km and have driven fast over smooth GQ as well as horrid roads. There is a thread on A drives for more information. I suugest you go through it too.

As far as long term issues are concerned My car is 19 months old and there are no issues as such. FE continues to be great and thankfully no rattles .
BTW congras on your first post. do introduce yourself in the appropriate section.
Old 15th February 2011, 13:36   #64
BHPian

@goandude Could you please update on how the upgraded hella's are, and whether you have run into any issues till now.

Also, from your post I got the impression that the headlight leveller doesn't work?
Old 15th February 2011, 17:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
@goandude Could you please update on how the upgraded hella's are, and whether you have run into any issues till now.

Also, from your post I got the impression that the headlight leveller doesn't work?
Hi the Hella relay and Phillips 100/90 are very effective esp on highways at night. Once after driving about 3 hours I encountered a sticky relay i.e. the lights did not respond to stalk switch commands. Remedy - moved the car forward a bit and it became OK. Never had a similar experience thereafter.

Sorry if you got the impression that HL leveler doesn't work. It does, but I would like the HL to be aimed a bit higher esp with only 2 people in the car and an empty boot.
Old 31st August 2011, 19:32   #66
Senior - BHPian

A bit of an update, my car has done 23k km now, last long drive being mumbai bangy on 30 Aug. Had a side wall puncture and was advised to replace the tyre and use it as a stepney only. Link here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2333278 Done that at CMH road. paid 2900 for a 185 70 14 A drive in exchange for my OE unused JK tornado which was lying in the boot.

However, one thing I would like to ask Dzire ZDI/ZXI owners, The floor board of the boot does not fit back as snugly as it did with the OE size 165 80 tyre. Does anyone else face the same problem with the OE ZDI 185 70 tyres ?

Also the tread of my 22k km old A drives seemed 50% that of the new one, thus interpolating, I would have another 22k km left on the other three.

New tyre on rear axle should not effect handling I hope.
Old 26th October 2011, 10:28   #67
Senior - BHPian

goandude, saw that you changed your wheels with the stock ones in the new Swift in the official alloy wheel show off thread. Congrats. I know how you feel. Its always a pleasure to get a new set of wheels on any car.

Were those tyres brand new? How is the grip from the MRF compared to the A-drives? I guess it will be more noisy compared to the Yoko.
Old 26th October 2011, 10:59   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
goandude, saw that you changed your wheels with the stock ones in the new Swift in the official alloy wheel show off thread. Congrats. I know how you feel. Its always a pleasure to get a new set of wheels on any car.

Were those tyres brand new? How is the grip from the MRF compared to the A-drives? I guess it will be more noisy compared to the Yoko.
Yes the tires and alloys were brand new. I have hardly driven much on them so cant really comment. But on comparing the 2 and 1/2 year old Yokos to the MRF by using fingernail pressure, the MRFs are softer. IMO also the ride is smoother. Will check them out on the Mum Pune Expressway and then will post about noise, grip etc. Another pic is due in this thread so here
Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms-p1020315.jpg
Old 29th October 2011, 21:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post

However, one thing I would like to ask Dzire ZDI/ZXI owners, The floor board of the boot does not fit back as snugly as it did with the OE size 165 80 tyre. Does anyone else face the same problem with the OE ZDI 185 70 tyres ?

Also the tread of my 22k km old A drives seemed 50% that of the new one, thus interpolating, I would have another 22k km left on the other three.

New tyre on rear axle should not effect handling I hope.

Replying to a month old post, anyways, yes, it does not fit in properly, the ZDI/ZXI spare wheel well is bigger than the lower variant's. IIRC, the boot space in top variant is 20 litres less.

44k seems like a decent life for the A-drives. I am very happy with A-drives, so much so that, I might replace my tires again with the A-drive.

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how frugal the DDiS is. Did Bangalore-Hubli 4 days back, got 21.38kmpl without AC, 5 people on board, top speed of 138kmph

Quote:
Remedy - moved the car forward a bit and it became OK. Never had a similar experience thereafter.

Can you explain further, please?

Last edited by sachinj12 : 29th October 2011 at 21:18.
Old 29th October 2011, 22:59   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the tires and alloys were brand new. I have hardly driven much on them so cant really comment. But on comparing the 2 and 1/2 year old Yokos to the MRF by using fingernail pressure, the MRFs are softer. IMO also the ride is smoother. Will check them out on the Mum Pune Expressway and then will post about noise, grip etc. Another pic is due in this thread so here
Attachment 832518
I liked the new swift's alloy wheels.

How much did it cost you? is that 15" wheels?
Old 30th October 2011, 08:43   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Replying to a month old post, anyways, yes, it does not fit in properly, the ZDI/ZXI spare wheel well is bigger than the lower variant's. IIRC, the boot space in top variant is 20 litres less. You are correct, the larger width of the tyre takes up space in the boot

44k seems like a decent life for the A-drives. I am very happy with A-drives, so much so that, I might replace my tires again with the A-drive.

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how frugal the DDiS is. Did Bangalore-Hubli 4 days back, got 21.38kmpl without AC, 5 people on board, top speed of 138kmph
Agreed BUT B'lore Hubli is one of the best parts of NH4 where one can cruise for long at triple digit speeds

Can you explain further, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
I liked the new swift's alloy wheels.

How much did it cost you? is that 15" wheels?
The relay of the head lights had got stuck and the lights were not responding to stalk commands. So moving the car forwards did the equivalent of shaking things up. Like a hand thump to a stuck thing.

Thanks for the compliment. The wheels are 15" Enkai and got it from a fellow BHPian who had upsized his New swift ZDI to 16".

Last edited by goandude : 30th October 2011 at 08:45.
Old 21st December 2011, 17:22   #72
Senior - BHPian

Thought I would update the thread as I have done about 7-800 kms on the new set of wheels. The MRF ZVTVs are stiffer than the A drives, but surprisingly less noisy. My wife commented that on the concrete roads of HN 4 we had to speak more loudly before:-) . About the grip cant comment much as I have been driving very sedately as my pet dog would get thrown around if I tried those sweeping turns at speed.

However, this size 185/65/15 is 1.12 % more in circumference compared to the 185/70/14s. Small but it mucked up our calculations on a long drive. Started this morning from Mumbai and found that my well marked landmarks coming up sooner than earlier logged e.g sai internatinal was expected at 362 km, but suddenly found it looming large at 356. So now I have odo and FE calculations at 1.12 % less and a speedo that over reads.
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:59   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

@goandude, I could see that you have upgraded the headlamp, do you remove this setup when you give the car for servicing @MASS? I am asking this because as per MASS, upgrading the headlamp voids the warranty. So as a proactive measure do they note down these kind of upgrades?
Last week, I upgraded the head lamp in my Dzire and hence would like to know about this.
Old 3rd January 2012, 23:12   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
@goandude, I could see that you have upgraded the headlamp, do you remove this setup when you give the car for servicing @MASS? I am asking this because as per MASS, upgrading the headlamp voids the warranty. So as a proactive measure do they note down these kind of upgrades?
Last week, I upgraded the head lamp in my Dzire and hence would like to know about this.

3 services since the upgrade. Not a Q asked. Don't worry, it won't harm you in any way.
sachinj12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 10:15   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
No I do not remove the setup prior to servicing. They would hardly have the time to examine the engine bay in such detail. Only if you have some electrical problem would they try to pin the blame on the upgraded bulbs.
So go ahead and upgrade esp if you do a lot of highway driving at night. OTOH, if you are still in doubt, some members in this forum have only upgraded bulbs to provide better lighting without increasing their wattage. Check the auto lighting thread where one member has put up images of before and after upgrades.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks