Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 21:56   #106
BANNED

Now you need to change your signature

Driving a black virus called Bridgestone on my Safari 2.2

Hope your Safari carries no more viruses.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:36   #107
BHPian

Rahul,

Yaar, I feel sad after looking at what all you have to go through. I really hope that the problem is solved for good, and you will get to enjoy your car this time around.

On the signature change: if that Virus comes through TML-QC and they can't locate the issue in four visits to the ERC, it is a TML virus.

Good luck,
Su-47

Last edited by Su-47 : 18th September 2009 at 12:38.
Old 18th September 2009, 15:49   #108
Senior - BHPian

Yes SU-47, I hope so..

This tyre episode I would call sheer incompetency of the people involved (Kuan ka mendak kinda stuff).

Vibs are good for good as of now, and are available only due to undulations of the crappy Pune roads

Hows ur Hyundai treating you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Rahul,

Yaar, I feel sad after looking at what all you have to go through. I really hope that the problem is solved for good, and you will get to enjoy your car this time around.

On the signature change: if that Virus comes through TML-QC and they can't locate the issue in four visits to the ERC, it is a TML virus.

Good luck,
Su-47
Old 18th September 2009, 19:08   #109
BHPian

Abt. the i10, it has been un-eventful so far (touch wood). Initially, I was worried about the rpm going up when the clutch is pressed, but, it seems that is how it happens in some hyundais. It is what most people would call "character-less", but, it delivers what it is supposed to in a machine like way. BTW, also has a good deal of punch in the mid-range for occasional cheap-thrills.

Another update: I am looking for another car. Wanted to go for Swift-Zxi, but the morons are asking for 3-months wait period. Looks like I will have to look elsewhere?

Sorry, for the serious OT guys.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:09   #110
Senior - BHPian

Thats fine SU-47.. Hope u get ur Swifffffffffffft soon.

Other than that, the ,latest milege extracted was approx 12kmpl 100% ac/city driving and 100%ac/highway 15kmpl

I am already nearing 7000kms with my vehicle now

Sometime soon , I would like to be leh'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
So Rahul are you saying that the reason why you experienced jerks in your car has now been finally and may I add -correctly - been diagnosed to out of phase tyres?
Yes correctly - been diagnosed to out of phase tyres and high weight balanced tires. Per Tire weight has come down to approx 35gms from 140-170gms before..

खोदा पहाड़, निकली चुहिया..खराब से चढाये टाटा ने BRIDGESTONE के पांच चक्के |.

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 18th September 2009 at 20:16.
Old 18th September 2009, 21:45   #111
Senior - BHPian

Pheww!! I am kind of relieved that the problems with your car have been resolved finally.
The mileage you are getting is quite good, but not as good as me.

Probably because I am not living in a big bustling city like Pune. I get about 12.5 - 13 Kmpl regularly with 100% ac in city driving.

Since you have completed 7k kms, and I assume 95% of this mileage was done on faulty tyres with the accompanied vibrations...what would be their effect on the suspension of the car, if at all?

Last edited by rrsteer : 18th September 2009 at 21:58.
Old 19th September 2009, 15:23   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post

Yes correctly - been diagnosed to out of phase tyres and high weight balanced tires. Per Tire weight has come down to approx 35gms from 140-170gms before..

खोदा पहाड़, निकली चुहिया..खराब से चढाये टाटा ने BRIDGESTONE के पांच चक्के |.
Glad that the issue has now been diagnosed and sorted out.

We can now compare notes sometime in the next week when I will be back.
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:25   #113
Senior - BHPian

This post is to thank fellow bhpians dadu, nikkibike, amit_mechengg & colleague devdath who helped me day in and day out with their beautiful ideas in solving the mysterious problem my vehicle was having. This was one off case for sure.
Thanks once again guys..

Black Beast is now born free
Old 22nd September 2009, 23:19   #114
Senior - BHPian

Wildcat born free

This ownership review is going to be one off candid review about my Tata Safari.
Sometime back I was thinking about the problems my vehivle faced and post getting over with it, In those thoughts, i got the thread title changed to something fresh like "Born Free".
Somehow Tata Safari does feel like born free doesnt it. It just does what it wants to (i mean almost always) go places where others think twice, spread its legs, i mean tyres over pot holes etc etc. All it needs is attention and that to detail sometimes. Reminds me of a nagging kiddo growing up mature and handling things on its own.

After tyre change, I have almost covered 500+ kms and have failed to notice the jerks coming from my vehicle.
Is that good sign? Yes.. It feels so very good and satified just like climax, that all you need to do is wash and wax biweekly and filling diesel. It reminds me of college days wherein I had a hero honda spledour " Fill it, shut it, Forget it" . I dont want anything more and I dont want anything less. Overcoming spledour, I'd love to say.. Fill it, Shut it and Drive it".
Now it seems that its got everything I want to negotiate sickly pune traffic and horrendous highways.No wonder I feel like calling it a Wild Cat.
So you would ask, Are you happy now ? Who.. me. Well..umm my wife, kids and parents are for sure are. Weekends trips , sigh.. you know where...to fav food joints, malls, friends place etc etc.

Sigh...a black safari would do more justice to the below scenary wont it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-mydream.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2009, 23:23   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Sigh...a black safari would do more justice to the below scenary wont it ?

Good to know you are living every moment of niggle free driving, enjoy.

That pic ...........
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:08   #116
Senior - BHPian

Great to see your niggle is solved enjoy your driving.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:40   #117
Senior - BHPian

Good note there Rahul.

Enjoy your ride.

(Ah, the photo! That TSK.... sigh!)
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:21   #118
Team-BHP Support

Good to see your ride is finally trouble free. The initial niggles are a big put off, but when they get sorted out, everything is a breeze.
BTW your black safari will do great in that shot... But there is a slight problem, to reach this spot you need "guess what" 4x4!
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:36   #119
Senior - BHPian

Good news Rahul, no more thread title changes hopefully

Born free, and life is worth living
But only worth living
Cause you're born free
Old 26th September 2009, 21:32   #120
Senior - BHPian

Garware NF Grey 40 Ceramic Films

Today evening, got the vehicle tinted with garware nf grey 40 series (so called ceramic). It carries three yrs warranty etc etc.

This film costed approx 4k on pocket and does the job beautifully as per brochure. Bhandari Auto agency was the installer and did the install very well.

I would post few pics later.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks