Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 11:26   #91
Senior - BHPian

2nd servicing was done

2nd servicing was done last saturday @ 5020kms

As I type now, i have driven approx 200kms more post servicing.

What work was done in 2nd servicing.

1. For the jerks & heistation issue, the Low pressure fuel lines were cleaned. ( The issue still remains :()

2. The height of the vehicle and camber was corrected to within tolerence levels of specifications. (The steering has become a little lighter. They removed some shims to get the camber in order and toe was adjusted. Post lowering the height, the headlamps were also focussed)

3. All 2nd service standard checks were performed as per them.

Overall the vehicle was returned within 4 hrs with a good wash.

Hoarseness of the engine note is little subdued and power delivery is good as usual. Half tank is returning me now figures of approx 490 kms, so the FE is also holding up good.

TML any more brilliant ideas on solving the jerks issue ...

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 31st August 2009 at 11:39. Reason: Corrected spellings
Old 31st August 2009, 12:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

I switched back to HP fuel from IBP. More refined now. Both COCOs.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:16   #93
BHPian

Rahulk76,

I bumped into your thread late and what I see is unbelievable: You bought the Safari *AGAIN!*. Wondering if you were you under a spell or something of the black-stone? May you have many many happy miles with it.

BTW, what happened to the king of diesel economy?

Thanks,
Su-47

EDIT: Loved your signature, but perhaps the QC folks need to come out of the well and see itne hi paise mein m&m kya de raha hai..

Last edited by Su-47 : 31st August 2009 at 12:18.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Rahulk76,

I bumped into your thread late and what I see is unbelievable: You bought the Safari *AGAIN!*. Wondering if you were you under a spell or something of the black-stone? May you have many many happy miles with it.

BTW, what happened to the king of diesel economy?

Thanks,
Su-47
Hey Su-47, Nice to hear from you after a long time. Thanks for your warm wishes.

Oh the milege King was to be under company lease scheme and something changed at the last moment, which led me to shelf it once for all. You know those blue eyed finance guys don't you.

Yes a 2.2 and that too a BLACK one ;-) Comfortable for 100kms mad journey through the center of PUNIVERSE (pune) so dove down
Old 5th September 2009, 19:05   #95
Senior - BHPian

Great Balls of Fire

What wonders can out of phase wheels do to a vehicle
All of my rides tires including spare are out of phase

This speaks a lot about laxity of Tata Motors QC deptt. God help us all

Right now its only the tires on the steel rim which are out of phase. I will be laughing on the floor if the steel rims are also pretty much out of phase

A formal custormer complain has been lodged with brigdestone. Lets wait

Any more ideas and any help would be highly appreciated from the forum members to get the tires and or steel rims replaced . I mean to make my complaint more stronger.

Thanks
Rahul

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 5th September 2009 at 19:07.
Old 9th September 2009, 07:09   #96
Senior - BHPian

Can experts tell me here what kind of issue an out of phase/defective tyres do to a vehicle?

Bridgestone hasnt called yet. However I am planning to get the following checked

1. Tranny
2. Prop Shaft
3. Final drive.
4. half shafts
5. wheel bearings
6. Suspensions
Any more things I should consider getting checked
Old 9th September 2009, 10:01   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Can experts tell me here what kind of issue an out of phase/defective tyres do to a vehicle?
So you havent tried the "swap rims and tires with a normal Safari" still??
Old 9th September 2009, 10:04   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Bridgestone hasnt called yet. However I am planning to get the following checked

1. Tranny
2. Prop Shaft
3. Final drive.
4. half shafts
5. wheel bearings
6. Suspensions
Any more things I should consider getting checked
What exactly is an out of phase tyre and how it can be detected ?

Please add to the knowledge base on 2.2 VTT thread if you can.
I think this check should be added to PDI checklist of T-BHP as well.
Old 9th September 2009, 16:37   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
So you havent tried the "swap rims and tires with a normal Safari" still??
TASS are a reluctant bunch.. Fellow safari bhpians are pretty busy or out of town :(
Still trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
What exactly is an out of phase tyre and how it can be detected ?

Please add to the knowledge base on 2.2 VTT thread if you can.
I think this check should be added to PDI checklist of T-BHP as well.
Surely I wil. There is a ton of material on an out of phase tyre already on google...

However as I type I came to know that there has been MAJOR issues with tyres of Tata Safari, apparently QC stuff at TML itself. So fellow new safari owners please pay special attention to your beast's new shoes. How they behave or how they are wearing etc etc. Intimate TASS incase of any anomalies with beast tyres straight away.

Last edited by Dippy : 18th March 2010 at 09:56. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 9th September 2009, 18:06   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Surely I wil. There is a ton of material on an out of phase tyre already on google...

However as I type I came to know that there has been MAJOR issues with tyres of Tata Safari, apparently QC stuff at TML itself. So fellow new safari owners please pay special attention to your beast's new shoes. How they behave or how they are wearing etc etc. Intimate TASS incase of any anomalies with beast tyres straight away.

So Rahul are you saying that the reason why you experienced jerks in your car has now been finally and may I add -correctly - been diagnosed to out of phase tyres?
Old 9th September 2009, 18:22   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
So Rahul are you saying that the reason why you experienced jerks in your car has now been finally and may I add -correctly - been diagnosed to out of phase tyres?
@RRSTEER.. This is something like ek per ek free stuff IMHO not sure if the jerks and hesitations are interelated. Only experts/experienced can tell if they are

This is something new altogether . I have myself seen the TASS perform the test.

Quote:

TASS have driven the vehicle and have observed that the vibration is oscillation motion due to the wheels and when the wheel were rotatated individually on the ramp they are running out. The tyre surface is moving up and down.
Hope this makes some sense

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 9th September 2009 at 18:23.
Old 13th September 2009, 12:31   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@RRSTEER.. This is something like ek per ek free stuff IMHO not sure if the jerks and hesitations are interelated. Only experts/experienced can tell if they are

This is something new altogether . I have myself seen the TASS perform the test.

Here is the details of the runout tyre from my vehicle

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1479718
Old 13th September 2009, 12:39   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TASS have driven the vehicle and have observed that the vibration is oscillation motion due to the wheels and when the wheel were rotatated individually on the ramp they are running out. The tyre surface is moving up and down.
This does make sense on the vibrations you were getting and the whole body was shaking at certain RPM's. Perhaps the tread wear is uneven around the circumference due to defective rubber or tyre build.

And hopefully all our apprehensions about something wrong with the engine or transmission are uncalled for.
Old 13th September 2009, 19:28   #104
Senior - BHPian

Imagine 4 visits to the esteemed TML ERC cant solve my vehicle issue

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
This does make sense on the vibrations you were getting and the whole body was shaking at certain RPM's. Perhaps the tread wear is uneven around the circumference due to defective rubber or tyre build.

And hopefully all our apprehensions about something wrong with the engine or transmission are uncalled for.
I have my fingers crossed Dadu. TML does know the root cause of this issue for sure and they downplay it infront of me by saying its common across all the other vehicles.

I TD'ed another July 09 make 2.2 in their company where all this vibs and jerks "had to be looked for" but the bur(g)gers from TML insisted that it were there. How so very crude way of convincing a customer

So I told them, on the face if they felt ashamed of accepting the problem in first place if at all

Imagine 4 visits to the esteemed TML ERC cant solve my vehicle issue. How shameful is that
Old 17th September 2009, 21:22   #105
Senior - BHPian

Path to progressive evolution :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post

AMEN, Got one of the faulty tyre & rim replaced under warranty. Bridgestone Guy was extremely wonderful & helpful.

Important Point: He made sure to have the tyre balancer guys rotate and balance the all tyres including the new one in such a way that, the rims carry minimal amount of weights required for balancing.

Below is the tyre which was faulty and here is the video of the tyre on the balancing machine.This tyre wasnt getting balanced at all. The tyres were rotated 90degree on the rim and checked and then again 180degrees. It didnt get balanced and was found to be carrying more than tata specified weights on one side, which is 140gms. (this info is in your 2.2 manual)

Now I would be testing it for sometime to come to see if vibs come back or not.

Apart from this I made sure to have those Bridgestone guys mark properly the high & low points on the tyre and the rims .

While the drive back home was eventless, I hope the virus on my 2.2 is dying out
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-12092009301.jpg  

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 17th September 2009 at 21:35. Reason: corrections
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks