Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2009, 21:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

2000+ done.. Things are getting better

Surprise... Surprise... my vehicle will need to pay a visit for 3-4 days at it's mothers place.. Once it comes back to the master, will update the thread with details.

Until then, drive safe

Cya

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 18th July 2009 at 21:40.
Old 19th July 2009, 16:38   #47
BHPian

3-4 days? they still not able to find and sort those problems? I salute your patience man.
Old 19th July 2009, 20:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
3-4 days? they still not able to find and sort those problems? I salute your patience man.
I dont have a choice here Do I ?

Bonus is that its not in the hands of some incompetent TASS/TASC

As long as its getting acknowledged (atleast in my case) i am fine. Likewise I was prepared for the same anyways.

Patience is a virtue my friend.

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 19th July 2009 at 20:32.
Old 20th July 2009, 09:22   #49
BANNED

way to go.,..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
I dont have a choice here Do I ?

Bonus is that its not in the hands of some incompetent TASS/TASC

As long as its getting acknowledged (atleast in my case) i am fine. Likewise I was prepared for the same anyways.

Patience is a virtue my friend.
Good, I m sure your issues will be soon sorted out dude. Keep up your 'virtues'.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:24   #50
BHPian

I respect your virtue pal. However its ok as long as it gets solved and you can have a trouble free drive henceforth.
Old 30th July 2009, 21:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

Update:

ECU reflashed @ 2700KM to the latest version released last week. Boy what a difference in drivelibilty.

The issues still stand, with further investigations underway at TML. Hoping to see some positive outcomes in a few days or so.

I appreciate all the help extended by fellow bhpians. Thanks Guys..

So I am waiting in anticipation at outcome still..
Old 31st July 2009, 15:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

Rahul, bit late but congratulations on your black beast or you say Safari.Hope your patience isnot checked too long and beast gets on work properly and perfectly,keep updating with more pictures.
Old 1st August 2009, 21:33   #53
Senior - BHPian

~Somewhere inside the place of origin..

"The vehicle races to 70-80kmph and brakes hard..squeels and screeches and then does what it aint supposed to do, pulls towards left."

This is repeated 4-5 times. Some of the best techs, acknowledge the issue and it takes 2 days for them to understand that its a LHS Front Brake Caliper issue.

"Driving the 2.2 in third gear @40kmph and 60-70 @ fourth gear(cruising) gives bucks and jerks" This is even evident when its decelerating. It will buck and jerk forward, as if I were pushing in the clutch and then dumping it.

Would appreciate expert comments on this.
Old 1st August 2009, 21:49   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Driving the 2.2 in third gear @40kmph and 60-70 @ fourth gear(cruising) gives bucks and jerks" This is even evident when its decelerating. It will buck and jerk forward, as if I were pushing in the clutch and then dumping it.

Would appreciate expert comments on this.
Just a thought, once your tank dries up, try filling from Shell or a different trustable bunk than the usual.

Wouldnt also mind trying "Hi-speed" premium diesel for once to check if this behaviour is still present.

Do a full tank up in either case, if possible.
Old 1st August 2009, 22:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Just a thought, once your tank dries up, try filling from Shell or a different trustable bunk than the usual.

Wouldnt also mind trying "Hi-speed" premium diesel for once to check if this behaviour is still present.

Do a full tank up in either case, if possible.
Dadu,

Its SHELL always from day 0. I ll try HP/BP HSD this time once I get it back on Tuesday.

Not sure, but was thinking in lines of something to do with differentials, pinion being loose..
Old 4th August 2009, 09:23   #56
BANNED

Quote:

Oh, BTW it keeps me fresh everyday 100km commute through maddening traffic of Pune, From Wagholi Side to all the way near start of Bombay Pune expressway. The ride is comfortable
Rightly summed up dude. The space and the ride comfort of the Safari is something which is unique and I guess makes up for its inherent shortcomings
Old 4th August 2009, 21:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Appreciative Actions

Appreciative Actions taken by ERC, TML.. Thank you guys for understanding my issues and taking it positively.

I dont have the complete list of work carried out by TML.So penning down what was verbally told to me. Will upload all the details in few days.
They TD'ed 400KMS

1. Brakes Issues are resolved.

FYI, on a test track, when braking from 80 -0 if the vehicle pulls left or right within 2 meters or something, its normal.

2. Steering linakge rods.. or something worked upon. Response much better.

3. Idler arm worked upon some setting

4. Front RHS Window motor replaced, Window roll up and down much much better.

5. As said, latest firmware from delphi. With wiring hareness of ECU changed or rerouted. the negative wirer goes over the ECU cover, which I didnt like at all and would ask dealer to do a better thing when it checks-in back a few days later.

Tonite, it seemed that I was driving Swift VDI. It was chuckable in few instances. Red light starts were also equally entertaining.

Not sure what to say amused or bemused.

PS: I have been told to drive few hundred KMS to give feedback.
Old 4th August 2009, 22:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

great you got your vehicle back. drive extensively for 2-3 days and do tell me the output.
i have to pat the backs of QA and Assembly line people.
Old 4th August 2009, 23:37   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
great you got your vehicle back. drive extensively for 2-3 days and do tell me the output.
i have to pat the backs of QA and Assembly line people.
Absolutely Amit QA and Assembly line people do deserve KUDO's and written appreciation of the work, if everything goes well.

I am thinking of ripping across Pune Traffic for next few days,what say

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 4th August 2009 at 23:44.
Old 5th August 2009, 10:25   #60
BANNED

Quote:

FYI, on a test track, when braking from 80 -0 if the vehicle pulls left or right within 2 meters or something, its normal.

Tonite, it seemed that I was driving Swift VDI. It was chuckable in few instances. Red light starts were also equally entertaining.
Good News, finally. Great to know that you have gotten your truck much better. Yes, the new ECU Mapping/flashing seems to improve its drivability and performance to a considerable extent.

I however, do not agree with the first point, but nevertheless, lets give it some time and check.

Time for some pics I guess
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks