Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 10:27   #346
BHPian

re: Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms

I was an inch short of buying the Safari but somehow I bought the Punto EP 1.3 and don't regret the decision. But still somewhere deep down in my Heart I want to buy this truck only for these kind of trips and the more I read your reviews the more I want to one this truck. I am sure in some time, I will own one of these as my second car or rather as a weekend getaway. Hope to read more on your beast and as rrahuk_2778 said - Amazing ownership report of your Safari. Keep up the good work.

Kailash
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:59   #347
Senior - BHPian

Accident on nagr Road

Unrational driving by zonkers took a heavy toll on my dear safari today. Someone (alto) decided to suddently take a right turn out of the blue. I stopped in time, but the PMPL bus driver couldnt coz he braked late..
Total Damage estimation 50k+ (things are expensive:()
Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-03032011067.jpg
I feel sorry for myself today. On the brighter-side.. instinctively had released brakes afters stopping coz i had caught the glimpse of PMPL coming from behind and guessed it would hit :-S

Respect for this vehicle has gone up further coz the jolt was properly spread on the tailgate. I felt only a tug of the vehcile forward, like suddenly releasing the clutch and the sound of the shattering glass.

I am Fine..

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 3rd March 2011 at 17:03.
Old 3rd March 2011, 18:51   #348
BHPian

Rahul,

This was your Truck ? This was at Nagar Road just before the airport road left turn? I passed by the scene in the morning today . Safari Blinkers were on but could not see anyone in Safari or the PMPL. Looks like the Safari held the impact well. All I could see was a shattered rear glass.

Manoj
Old 3rd March 2011, 18:51   #349
Senior - BHPian

Rahul, thats bad man. Good that you are safe. Sights like these cause pain, and if the vehicle is yours, then the pain magnifies to unknown grounds.

Very unfortunate indeed. However would like to reiterate, you are safe, and thats the good thing.
Old 3rd March 2011, 19:31   #350
Senior - BHPian

Rahul ,

Good that you are safe and sound , I hope your Safari will get restored to it's original glory pretty soon.

I hope most of it will be taken care off by insurance as plastic parts seems to be OK.

Regards
Old 3rd March 2011, 19:41   #351
Senior - BHPian

Victims say "here's the problem." Leaders ask "where's the gift?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Rahul,

This was your Truck ? This was at Nagar Road just before the airport road left turn? I passed by the scene in the morning today . Safari Blinkers were on but could not see anyone in Safari or the PMPL. Looks like the Safari held the impact well. All I could see was a shattered rear glass.

Manoj
Indeed this is my safari .. In front of Aga Khan Palace, Nagar Road.
Yes the impact was well taken and spread over. I wonder what would have happened if no spare wheel was there ??

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-03032011077.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Rahul, thats bad man. Good that you are safe. Sights like these cause pain, and if the vehicle is yours, then the pain magnifies to unknown grounds.

Very unfortunate indeed. However would like to reiterate, you are safe, and thats the good thing.
On the brighter side..lolz.. new tailgate and stepney cover with new paint

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 3rd March 2011 at 19:43.
Old 3rd March 2011, 19:53   #352
Senior - BHPian

Rahul
Oh, that looks bad, was the PMPl going too fast/ tailing you?
Glad to know you are fine. It looks like you will be claiming insurance?
I guess there is no use asking whether the Alto guy stopped
Old 3rd March 2011, 19:56   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Rahul
Oh, that looks bad, was the PMPl going too fast/ tailing you?
Glad to know you are fine. It looks like you will be claiming insurance?
I guess there is no use asking whether the Alto guy stopped
PMPL was as always fast, & the driver confessed that he couldnt help stop it..and yes was he tailing me.. kinda yes

Insurance...yes for sure.

Will post the actual culprit on forum once everything is settled

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Rahul ,

Good that you are safe and sound , I hope your Safari will get restored to it's original glory pretty soon.

I hope most of it will be taken care off by insurance as plastic parts seems to be OK.

Regards
@amitk26.. yes seems like most of the plastic parts like Stepney cover etc. are in sound condition. Will check with these guys to reuse, incase they can be safely (not cracked)...

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 3rd March 2011 at 20:04.
Old 3rd March 2011, 21:06   #354
Senior - BHPian

Oh, That's bad Rahul, glad you are ok, that was very smart releasing the brakes else the impact could have been higher. From what we can see in the pictures, a new door and stepney mounting along with rear glass is what I assume will have to be replaced, where did you get an estimate of 50k plus? Could you give the breakup please?
Old 3rd March 2011, 21:20   #355
Senior - BHPian

Ouch, that is bad Rahul. Are you going to claim from your insurance or is the PMPMPL bus insurance going to pay for your repair?
Old 3rd March 2011, 21:38   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Oh, That's bad Rahul, glad you are ok, that was very smart releasing the brakes else the impact could have been higher. From what we can see in the pictures, a new door and stepney mounting along with rear glass is what I assume will have to be replaced, where did you get an estimate of 50k plus? Could you give the breakup please?
includes service tax etc + all the parts which you can see in the rear. no limited to
new bumper, new stepney, new tire. new steel rim, new palstic mouldings , glass ++ the labour thats whyy 50k plus

the bare tailgate costs alone 15k to give you an idea. Once i get the final estimate will post relevant details..else PM me for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Ouch, that is bad Rahul. Are you going to claim from your insurance or is the PMPMPL bus insurance going to pay for your repair?
Ofcourse insurance Biju.. Its meant to be used in such conditions..PMPL would have had payed third party claim. For that, the law of the land aka.. panchnama, rto inspection, police inspection, PMPL veh accident claims, then my insurance guys claim etc would peep in with rounds and rounds of routine runs.. I dont have that much time to run around alone. See the system aint that efficient.
The guys advised to claim insurance as the safest bet.. Period.
Old 3rd March 2011, 22:42   #357
Senior - BHPian

It was scary... glad you escaped unhurt. Safari is indeed built like a tank . It is just the matter of money, your safari will be restored back to original glory. It pains though do go through all these hassles.

-BJ
Old 3rd March 2011, 22:49   #358
BHPian

Oh Rahul, this is very bad, good that you are safe. This PMPL driver are very ruthless.

Feeling very bad about your beast. :(
Old 4th March 2011, 09:43   #359
Senior - BHPian

Rahul sorry to hear about your mishap. Glad that you are well. Hope to see the safari back in all its glory real soon. I had a scratch up on my civic yesterday a little down the road near don bosco. Going to get some rubbing done on it today. What to do, things like this happen its not in our hands. Drive safe!
Old 4th March 2011, 16:50   #360
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rahul,
Sorry to hear, thank god you are not hurt..... where have you given your vehicle for this job.Is it Pandit or B U Bhandari? Let me know.
Pune Traffic is getting bad day by day. just because of these reasons, i have started commuting in my Bull, rather using my safari for daily use.
But you can't change, what is going to happen.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks