Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 22:23   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Rahul, isnt IOC better for these trucks .. better than Shell ?
Pls try the other bunks & let us know if it still is the case. I am not seeing any diff with IOC in the Sumo.
Old 5th August 2010, 07:11   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Rahul, isnt IOC better for these trucks .. better than Shell ?
Pls try the other bunks & let us know if it still is the case. I am not seeing any diff with IOC in the Sumo.
Condor,

I believe so it might be but...adulteration is extremely rampant and common practice.
Therefore, I trusted SHELL. As you already know that the safari cover's only 40/50km per week so thought better off with shell QC atleast.

Rahul
Old 5th August 2010, 10:07   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
I also filled E-IV diesel from shell and boy the noise from the veh went up
E-IV diesel will have too less Sulfur compared to older diesel. If we disregard its contribution to the acid rain from exhaust, Sulfur was good for injectors (lubrication) and probably for the thermodynamic characters of fuel too?

Quoting wikipedia:Ultra-low sulfur diesel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Sulfur is not a lubricant in of itself, but it can combine with the nickel content in many metal alloys to form a low melting point eutectic alloy that can increase lubricity. The process used to reduce the sulfur also reduces the fuel's lubricating properties...

The refining process that removes the sulfur also reduces the aromatic content and density of the fuel, resulting in a minor decrease in the energy content, by about 1%. This decrease in energy content may result in slightly reduced peak power and fuel economy.
-BJ
Old 5th August 2010, 12:33   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also filled E-IV diesel from shell and boy the noise from the veh went up :S. Not sure if its the case with others but comments are welcome.
I have tried at least 10 different brand/variant combos of diesel on my Safari and the best in terms of engine behavior (noise/vibrations/performance) has been plain-jane regular diesel from HP. Shell diesel never went down well with my Safari. Even my 10 year old Classic hates it
Old 5th August 2010, 13:02   #320
BHPian

Hey Rahulk76 just want to ask you that does your Safari consumes a lot of coolant.In my car the level drops after a week or so.The dealer says its normal in the 2.2 variant.Mine is the 2.2 VX 4x4.Does it happen to your car also?
Old 5th August 2010, 16:30   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I have tried at least 10 different brand/variant combos of diesel on my Safari and the best in terms of engine behavior (noise/vibrations/performance) has been plain-jane regular diesel from HP. Shell diesel never went down well with my Safari. Even my 10 year old Classic hates it
Ok will do.. let me find a real good HP pump in Pune.( havent until now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Hey Rahulk76 just want to ask you that does your Safari consumes a lot of coolant.In my car the level drops after a week or so.The dealer says its normal in the 2.2 variant.Mine is the 2.2 VX 4x4.Does it happen to your car also?
No it doesnt in my case or i guess in other owners as well

Its supposed to go down a 2-3 cm down from the max mark after long and hard 5000kms travel, which in my case happened when i travelled to gulmarg(as it involved steep inclines etc).

After all due to excess heat during journey some watervapours would be created which would result in lowering in the level of coolant in the reservoir tank.

I suspect some leak some in ur case. Tell the tass to check the leak using radiator pressure leak test.
Also please search this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ns-thread.html

As of for my Safari now, its at the same level.

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 5th August 2010 at 16:33.
Old 6th September 2010, 21:48   #322
Senior - BHPian

Clutch Replaced :(

For some time the clutch was making issues. So decided to get it checked.

Details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2058614

Apparently something fishy with the quality of materials used at TML factory for sure.
Old 15th September 2010, 14:13   #323
BANNED

Quote:
For some time the clutch was making issues. So decided to get it checked.
Apparently something fishy with the quality of materials used at TML factory for sure.
What issues Sir? Slippage, jerks, noise, hard?

TML quality has always been a suspect in all its vehicles.
Old 16th September 2010, 19:57   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
What issues Sir? Slippage, jerks, noise, hard?

TML quality has always been a suspect in all its vehicles.
Well its was evident of slippage under load n then came jerks, noise.
Hardness.. Well on the preussre pedal meter, the reading was around 22/24
Iknow it shud be below 18 , but guys were quick to admit that below 18 would be with clutch only for a week or so then its back to sq. One..

100 percent screwed quality for sure..BUT Tass was understandingly cooperative n i guess only until 3 years more

I am due for 30k service soon,. Would update then!
Old 15th November 2010, 23:20   #325
Senior - BHPian

Nearing 3rd free service of 30k

It was 6 weeks standing idle, without any in between cranks or anything of sorts, until i lifted the bonnet to check before breathing back life into it

The good part, started in 2 cranks

Took here for a short test drive of 5-10 kms at slow speeds. There were some chee's and choo's from suspensions ,but today they weren't noticed.

Quote:
The bad part, oil level showed somewhere, bet min/max today morning and the oil seperator is shining like new and oil can be seen in the air-intake pipe.
Now I don't know whats and hows, but feel free to comment or suggest on above point.

I plan to service it in the coming week for 30,000 service and get few stuffs checked.

Rahul

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 15th November 2010 at 23:23.
Old 18th November 2010, 19:38   #326
Senior - BHPian

Hello...help me out guys !!

Quote:
It was 6 weeks standing idle, without any in between cranks or anything of sorts, until i lifted the bonnet to check before breathing back life into it

The good part, started in 2 cranks

Took here for a short test drive of 5-10 kms at slow speeds. There were some chee's and choo's from suspensions ,but today they weren't noticed.

Now I don't know whats and hows, but feel free to comment or suggest on above point.

I plan to service it in the coming week for 30,000 service and get few stuffs checked.

Rahul
Old 19th November 2010, 12:58   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ask them to open the Air intake pipe(from Filter to the Turbo). If you see excess oil more than you see in morning Dew drops on the grass or oil dripping from the pipe connected to the oil separator, Oil separator needs replacement. Its covered under warranty.
Old 20th November 2010, 18:14   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Ask them to open the Air intake pipe(from Filter to the Turbo). If you see excess oil more than you see in morning Dew drops on the grass or oil dripping from the pipe connected to the oil separator, Oil separator needs replacement. Its covered under warranty.
Thanks for the clue Dadu,

The oil seperator along with the air intake hose ( had a leak) which goes from airfilter to the turbo, needs to be replaced as per TASS. That gash was the source of oil leaking out.

Oil seperator was sourced somehow, but the hose which had a leak, gash wasnt in spare so as soon as they arrive from TML, I'll get a replacement.

For now, electric tape has been wrapped around the hose twice, maybe thrice as a temp workaround.

I would be observing, it carefully until final replacement of the bad part.

KM 29.5k
Old 30th December 2010, 21:37   #329
Senior - BHPian

Recent Trip

Some pics from my recent trip @14000 feet

Sikkim
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-p1010793.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-p1010841.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-p1010813.jpg  

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 30th December 2010 at 21:41.
Old 30th December 2010, 22:28   #330
Senior - BHPian

Re: Recent Trip

Great location and pictures. Hats off to your driving spirit too

-BJ
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks