Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 17:10   #226
Senior - BHPian

Okies. would avoid all the meds which have Nimsulide as active agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
OT .. Oops sorry BJ I take back my words on Neosprine,
I was confused about Neosprine as there was a pain reliever with similar sounding name which I do not recollect now and that caused severe reaction to my mom

Nemsulide is a pain reliver and many popular pain reliver spray, gels and tablets contain it but it has serious side effects. So modifying my statement do not take any Pain reliever with Nimsulide as active agent.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:31   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
How are you getting the fabrication made an dhow much is it costing you? Please provide details so that I also can get them for my Storm
@@MileCruncher

Not sure if you saw the fabrications completed. This is for your reference so that you can get it on your storm
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1606406
Old 10th December 2009, 22:46   #228
Senior - BHPian

Third Servicing Done

Allright..back from 15k service done at 12k with pocket lighter by Rs.3k
It was carried out in flat 2 hrs after loads of drama @BUB

For warranty sake, before embarking on the great indian road trip next week.

Engine Oil., Oil.Filter., Differential Oil were changed and standard checks performed. No wheel balancing and alignment was carried out as I had already got it done a hundred kms before.

I wanted to ask all a few questions w.r.t to bill.
E.g. if the max. retail price in market for Exxon Mobil is 231/- per liter.

Why do TASS apply 12.5% VAT on top of it ? Is it correct practice ?

I also got fleeced for rs. 80 screen washer. It was put without my knowledge :(

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-10122009008.jpg

The rear differential oil was also changed, but not to Castrol, Mobil etc etc. but to this below Trans. Oil

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-10122009006.jpg

Mods: Maybe its time to move my thread to LTR at your dicreetion
Old 10th December 2009, 23:08   #229
Team-BHP Support

Thats funny. Transmission oil (SAE 90 oil) is used on cars with LSD. Its more expensive than the normal diff oil.
Old 10th December 2009, 23:42   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Thats funny. Transmission oil (SAE 90 oil) is used on cars with LSD. Its more expensive than the normal diff oil.

Ok. The reason was a noble one. As per Technician, they are recommending this to all 4x2 "knowledgeble" customers, as it has better wear/tear protection than normal ones as experienced by them.

Ah that brings to my important point i completely forgot. There were metal shaving albeit tiny shiny things when diff oil was replaced. They were stuck onto to the magnet of the drain nut. One of em was i guess 1mm in size and rest all were like sand grains. Overall the total of em might be enough to compare to a pinch of salt. I hope thats normal wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
I wanted to ask all a few questions w.r.t to bill.
E.g. if the max. retail price in market for Exxon Mobil is 231/- per liter.

Why do TASS apply 12.5% VAT on top of it ? Is it correct practice ?
Now this bill if correct http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1627626 is the reason why I raised this question.

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 13:29. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 11th December 2009, 09:51   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now this bill if correct http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1627626 is the reason why I raised this question.
I'm not sure why the prices should be so different but one thing to remember is the price for warranty replaced parts are different than retail sale/customers.

Another reason for higher prices in Pune is because of the octroi if I'm not wrong. WB doesn't have any such thing.

As about the Mobil, I think the rate is without VAT. If you happen to see the container, it will the rate that is inclusive the VAT which should be equal to what you have been charged.
Old 11th December 2009, 09:51   #232
Senior - BHPian

@Rahulk76

OT: Spotted you again near IITM after NCL on Pashan road at about 8:50AM. I was in the opposite direction.

Don't know what stopped me from flashing. Probably sight of a burly black safari with tusks, hurtling down the road was too intimidating. Was in my (red) WagonR with red/black LCLC on front windscreen

-BJ
Old 11th December 2009, 10:36   #233
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ok. The reason was a noble one. As per Technician, they are recommending this to all 4x2 "knowledgeble" customers, as it has better wear/tear protection than normal ones as experienced by them.

Ah that brings to my important point i completely forgot. There were metal shaving albeit tiny shiny things when diff oil was replaced. They were stuck onto to the magnet of the drain nut. One of em was i guess 1mm in size and rest all were like sand grains. Overall the total of em might be enough to compare to a pinch of salt. I hope thats normal wear.
I am not sure if its a good thing to use SAE 90 oil.
The SAE 90 oil is thicker than the 70W140 used. In Limited slip diffs, more heat is generated, therefore the thicker oil is used. On an open diff, this oil may be a little too viscous, esp when its cold.
Using a better oil is one thing, but using a more viscous oil is not always a good thing
Old 11th December 2009, 10:55   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm not sure why the prices should be so different but one thing to remember is the price for warranty replaced parts are different than retail sale/customers.

Another reason for higher prices in Pune is because of the octroi if I'm not wrong. WB doesn't have any such thing.

As about the Mobil, I think the rate is without VAT. If you happen to see the container, it will the rate that is inclusive the VAT which should be equal to what you have been charged.
OOPS.. my bad I completely forgot the very OCTROI.
Now that I know, who is actually fleecing us in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
@Rahulk76

OT: Spotted you again near IITM after NCL on Pashan road at about 8:50AM. I was in the opposite direction.

Don't know what stopped me from flashing. Probably sight of a burly black safari with tusks, hurtling down the road was too intimidating. Was in my (red) WagonR with red/black LCLC on front windscreen

-BJ
Again I missed spotting you.. Next time just wave or flash 2 -3 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am not sure if its a good thing to use SAE 90 oil.
The SAE 90 oil is thicker than the 70W140 used. In Limited slip diffs, more heat is generated, therefore the thicker oil is used. On an open diff, this oil may be a little too viscous, esp when its cold.
Using a better oil is one thing, but using a more viscous oil is not always a good thing
Completely agree with you Tanveer.

Heat would be generated when LSD is in action. And if at all anything happens to the differential, I have the proof and bill

Mobil 1 0w40 is approved for use on Safari by TML retailing at 1k per liter. Thats what TML CS told me. Now this is some news aint it

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 11th December 2009 at 11:05.
Old 12th December 2009, 22:57   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
@Rahulk76

-BJ
BJ - Finally spotted you and your immaculate mean machine today evening. Perhaps the only t-bhpian stickered black VX 4x4 in Pune.

It was a pleasure meeting you today

why is that myself ends up meeting most of my friends in parking lots ?

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 12th December 2009 at 23:01.
Old 13th December 2009, 07:33   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BJ - Finally spotted you ...
Small world... nice to meet you too. Both you and your beast looked dashing Let's meet for an extended session sometime.
cheers,
-BJ
Old 15th December 2009, 20:20   #237
Senior - BHPian

T-3

T-3 to launch day

Pre-Launch Checks:

Pre launch checkups were completed on Sunday.

TASS checked every nook and crany of the engine. Some major stuff were checked and replaced which may have caused issues during the trip. (more details with pics on that when i am back next year).

Also proactively was educated on draining the water from sedimenter, just incase.

My vehicle has already 24x7 support from TATA so a piece of mind for any breakdowns during the trip.

Since I dont have the immob., I have the so called RAM BAAN from the experts. Fully tested.

Got extra 5,10,15,20 amp fuses along with front wipers.

Other than that, I am carrying a tubeless tyre repair toolkit and some tools and a foot pump.

As for extra airfilters, TASS said not required as current one was in good condition.

Ah...the oil leakage isnt there near the HEAD of the engine after 2 days of checking, but then only time will tell when I checkin to TASS after end of trip.

Coming up next on T-1 frantic shopping of snow chains err.. dog chains (thanks tanveer) and M & Kumar's Escape from Guantamo Bay

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 15th December 2009 at 20:21.
Old 15th December 2009, 21:29   #238
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
T-3 to launch day
Absolutely wishing you a safe and enjoyable journey.

Quote:
Coming up next on T-1 frantic shopping of snow chains err.. dog
Now thats a picture you must post before going, including specifications of dog chains purchased! Will be putting up a similar setup for Arunachal.
Old 16th December 2009, 21:57   #239
Senior - BHPian

T - 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Absolutely wishing you a safe and enjoyable journey.

Now thats a picture you must post before going, including specifications of dog chains purchased! Will be putting up a similar setup for Arunachal.
@ADC: Thanks for wishes.. I hope its a enjoyable journey.

I will try to post the pics of dog errr sno chains on the tyres..

Today entire relevant HVK log was downloaded onto the phone and reformatted to readable format for E71. Also downloaded, the google maps.. Thanks HVK. Its really helpful

Relevant xeroxes were also taken of the originals.

Tommorow is T-1
Old 16th December 2009, 22:48   #240
Senior - BHPian

Rahul; all the best with the journey.

Do carry a pair of spare wiper if the area you would be visiting would be rainy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks