Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 13:50   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
You know whom to get hold of incase Hella's goes missing Ill be passing GGN in third week of dec
LOL, now I'm worried! Don't worry, will be with you long before that
Old 12th November 2009, 23:18   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
LOL, now I'm worried! Don't worry, will be with you long before that
Yes.. i am sold on the 700's. Are you using the default h3 bulbs ?
In my case I would reuse the wiring of the fog lamps already along with some finolex stuff and nice switch located where the 4x4 defunct switch is there in my case.
You also need to shoot a pic at night to give me some nice ideas on the throw and focus of the lamps.
Old 13th November 2009, 15:48   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes.. i am sold on the 700's. Are you using the default h3 bulbs ?
Great! Yes, I'm using the default H3s
Old 13th November 2009, 18:28   #169

Quote:

Well that wheel balancing was me when, i suspected that they may be playing truant in the initial vibration/jerks days. Sigh.. only if I had bridgestone involved there itself, i wont have had that cost.

Can you elaborate on that a bit. I need to know whether the bridgestone tyres supplied with the vehicle are good enough or whether alloys are an inescapable requirement.

Thanks
Old 13th November 2009, 23:45   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1979 View Post
Can you elaborate on that a bit. I need to know whether the bridgestone tyres supplied with the vehicle are good enough or whether alloys are an inescapable requirement.

Thanks
Harry

The tyres which came with my vehicle were improperly mounted at factory itself it seems.. This will be hard to justify but if people on the assembly line are of callous nature. Then great QC of TML is nothing to write about.

Having said that, these tyres are good enough for normal use and so are the rims. Alloys.. your call. If you like them go ahead.
Old 14th November 2009, 09:02   #171
Senior - BHPian

......>KMS 102xx

Dropped of vehicle at BUB yesterday morning after noticing the oil leakage at the parking lot and went to office. It was noticed to be originating from near oil filter
While back at office, I was just thinking about ADC's episode. What if the oil filter had clogged and given up. Was it nearing the siezure and this was the only tell sign of the things to come ?

Then got caught up with loads of my favourite work, which apparently dislodged all these thoughts. Around lunch time, I was reminded that we (team) would be going to see much awaited 2012 movie in the evening show. I thought ok, would finish the work & around 6'ish would headup to E-Square directly

Then I also decided that I would windup the work early and leave for e-square and have something to eat before 2012 starts..just in case

I also wind up, and then walk down to parking lot. After 2-3 mins of frantic searching, I curse my aging brain about where I had parked my wildcat .
Scratching my head, It strikes me ! Morning memories come flashing by all in one go and I call up the SA at BUB.

Apparently got caught up with so much work that I almost forgot that someone had called from BUB in the afternoon about something there I was searching for my wildcat in the parking lot

tbc....
Old 14th November 2009, 20:58   #172
Senior - BHPian

Hello(a)

contd...

Apparently all my fears were quashed, when I talked to the SA in evening. He said, sir as I told you in the afternoon, please collect your vehicle. Its washed also and ready to roll. Apparently when the oil change had happened some smart guy didnt tighten the filter properly. As a result, over time due to heat etc, it found a gap to leak. They doublechecked the O-ring and filter and found it ok to be screwed back.

Phew..what a relief.

TML CS called in later to confirm where the last oil change was done so that the respective workshop would be in.structed accordingly to take care in future

Hello(a) -> Hella 700FF
While at Autozone Reliance, had a quick dekho at these and based on Suman's experience with them, got em.
A quick testing with them proved Suman'ji right, they sure have a excellent beam & spread, and would light the day out of the smog/fogs and bleak nights

They are going to be fit into the bumper in the same way as Suman's installation @ . Actual installation of wires etc, would be done at TASS tomorrow for known reasons.

The stuff is genuine as per Reliance and carries a 6 months warranty against manufacturing defects. The lamps are made in taiwan.
They costed four and half thousand. The OEM fog lamps of safari cost approx 3k

The kit contains the usual mounting bracket, nuts&bolts, wiring and relay of rating of 20amps.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-p1010004.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-p1010005.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-p1010006.jpg  

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 14th November 2009 at 21:05.
Old 14th November 2009, 21:27   #173
Senior - BHPian

Great, you got the fogs.

Holding back on this plan due to parking safety concerns! :(
Old 14th November 2009, 22:10   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Great, you got the fogs.

Holding back on this plan due to parking safety concerns! :(
Thanks Happy..

I am holding back on the upgrade of the main beams as now I am planning to use the hella's during night drives.

Also I am planning to get them installed in such a way that they can be removed and fixed back at will and as per circumstances

Rahul

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 14th November 2009 at 22:11.
Old 14th November 2009, 22:19   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Also I am planning to get them installed in such a way that they can be removed and fixed back at will and as per circumstances ...
Now you me all ear's over here!
Old 14th November 2009, 22:23   #176
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rahul on the Hella. I look forward to a picture in the dark lighting a blind alley.

I'm still not able to make up my mind whether to go for Hella Rallye 500- 3500 ( Including Fitting) for with 700FF (Somehow not available with any of the acc. dealers nor M&M ASC) FOR 4950/- . Anyways will have to wait for my Storm to come back after spine replacement surgery.
Old 14th November 2009, 22:29   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Congrats Rahul on the Hella. I look forward to a picture in the dark lighting a blind alley.

I'm still not able to make up my mind whether to go for Hella Rallye 500- 3500 ( Including Fitting) for with 700FF (Somehow not available with any of the acc. dealers nor M&M ASC) FOR 4950/- . Anyways will have to wait for my Storm to come back after spine replacement surgery.
M C,
Likewise Suman said that 700 is better than 500 wrt to visibility and spread.
After, talking to few bhpian, came to know that 500 have somewhat pencil beam and it doesn't spread very well

Pics. yes definitely in a few days

Get 700FF
Old 14th November 2009, 22:54   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While at Autozone Reliance, had a quick dekho at these...

The stuff is genuine as per Reliance...

This reliance autozone is part of Reliance Mart at Kharadi. Right?

Last time I visited them, about 6 months back or more, most of the shelves were empty- probably recession had battered them too. How well stocked are they now? Is it worth a trip on a lazy Sunday afternoon there?

Congrats for Hellas- hope you keep them off in city. Puneites have habit of keeping high-beam and fog lights on, to blind the oncoming traffic

Cheers,
-BJ
Old 15th November 2009, 07:48   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This reliance autozone is part of Reliance Mart at Kharadi. Right?
Thats right.. 1 minute from my place.
Quote:
Last time I visited them, about 6 months back or more, most of the shelves were empty- probably recession had battered them too. How well stocked are they now? Is it worth a trip on a lazy Sunday afternoon there?
absolutely. they are well stocked and the stuff is good
Quote:
Congrats for Hellas- hope you keep them off in city. Puneites have habit of keeping high-beam and fog lights on, to blind the oncoming traffic
absolutely
they will be used during nights after 8 on nagar road. which is a death trap stretch at night. Its better to save the people running across the road at night, rather than morons coming from opposite side running 130/100 high beam lights.It not worth a risk after seeing so many bitter experiences. You know what i mean.

The beams would be focused in such a way to lightup the kerbs/corners at the length of 50 meters. I would tweak them as per experts to counter fog for my upcoming trip north

PS: Ping me if you are coming to this side of town.. would try to catch up.

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 15th November 2009 at 07:55. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 15th November 2009, 20:55   #180
Senior - BHPian

Pics

Light are brilliant.. Thanks Suman for suggesting them

Next week would get a support bracket underneath the bumper connecting the two lights so that they dont vibrate on bad roads and bumps and my bumper doesnt crack up due to pressure.

I ll let the pics do the talking.
In the fifth pic the main HL beam Low is also on.

Before someone jumps the guns. I will only use them in rains and when situation demands it. Otherwise they will be with caps on and main master switch for it off so that even if someone tries to switch em on via illuminated button they wont come on.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-1.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-2.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-3.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-4.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-4a.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-5.jpg  

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 15th November 2009 at 20:56.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks