Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 20:46   #136
BHPian

if it rips apart...thats actually the solution as well...

rip that rubber apart and things will look much better
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:41   #137
Senior - BHPian

6:00AM -> As I pull out from the garage! What in the god's name is that shiny little blacky stuff on the floor.
A close inspection of the fluid like things confirms my nightmare

Dam.. I get a LED torch and my phone cam and put a old bedsheet under the front front sump guard and I slide under the behemoth.. hmmm but wait, where is the torch... a quick pat on the torch's button makes it shine. As I wriggle in more inside and shine the torch where the big meanest looking nut looks at me and I say "Hellllloooo Gorgeous.. i was just NOT waiting for you. The LED torch shines the glory off from the gorgeously looking body in and around except the sump bolt nut where its trickling down..drop by drop, but since when ?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-qboil.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2009, 19:35   #138
Senior - BHPian

So Rahul, what is the final diagnosis?
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:47   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
+++1 to what you said gowda79, they sure are good.
I told you that it will change the night ride.

Quote:
Now what happened ???
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:07   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
So Rahul, what is the final diagnosis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Now what happened ???
Oil Sump gasket kaput.

Dropped the vehicle at BUB around 10 am and when dropped into around 4 pm check the progress, they hadnt started the work on the vehicle. WKSHP Advisor said sir, you hadnt taken booking, therfore its gonna be late. Talk about professionalism..

Anyways after 1 hr around they jacked the beast up and opened the sump cover and found oil shining away all the way to glory seen below.

After that, they waste time to see if its warranty or not parts available or not and other excuses. At this time, I prefer to walk out , back to the cozy office cube.
Tommorow, would take them to task via the feedback form. A 2 hour job taking almost 2 days.. Its horrible...

BTW, why should a oil sump leak ?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-dicor-oil-leak.jpg  

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 23rd October 2009 at 21:09.
Old 23rd October 2009, 22:32   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am searching for that magic wand called jopasu broom/cleaner to check it if it ... Has any safari owner used it ?
Using it for past couple of weeks. Excellent for dry dust. Cleans my black magic woman in 5-10 minutes. Picked it for ~400/- from Carax. Available on eBay too and it is a Pune based company so you can order online w/o octroi.

Quote:
The low beam has powerfull yellow glare and high beam has a strange greenish bluish tinge. to it..I have never seen that kinda light before..
Now tell me where did you source it from? I am mulling between X-tremepower and NB. Former is available for 1000/- a pair at Carax. Not sure what is the correct price. Did you also consider Philips XP? Also is it a DIY thingy? I see a green "sealed" label stuck on the headlight covers rear. Will it affect warranty, if I peel those green stickers?

Quote:
Oil Sump gasket kaput.
Dropped the vehicle at BUB ... A 2 hour job taking almost 2 days..
BTW, why should a oil sump leak ?
An incorrect/hasty fitment of the sump last time?
BuB is always a day affiar... but, connect to their GM then things move fast. PM me if you need his number?
-BJ

PS: got the osram dealer from your earlier post

Last edited by bj96 : 23rd October 2009 at 22:49. Reason: osram dealer
Old 24th October 2009, 10:46   #142
BHPian

Quote:
6:00AM -> As I pull out from the garage! What in the god's name is that shiny little blacky stuff on the floor.

Dam.. I get a LED torch and my phone cam and put a old bedsheet under the front front sump guard and I slide under the behemoth.. hmmm but wait, where is the torch... a quick pat on the torch's button makes it shine. As I wriggle in more inside and shine the torch where the big meanest looking nut looks at me and I say "Hellllloooo Gorgeous.. i was just NOT waiting for you. The LED torch shines the glory off from the gorgeously looking body in and around except the sump bolt nut where its trickling down..drop by drop, but since when ?
Saw your vehicle yesterday at BUB, when I went to collect mine.

I also had a oil leak from a Turbo Hose, which I replaced under Warranty. When I queried the technicians abour other leakages exspecially from the Oil Sump, they were very vehement in stating the 2.2 VTT does not have oil sump leakages unlike the earlier TM vehicles.
I fact they pointed out your vehicle as the 1st case that has been referred to them.

However now that it has been reported, I will also use the "Bedsheet and torch" technique to check out .

Yes, I agree that BUB is slow and it takes time for them to start work. If you deliver the vehicle at 9:00 AM, they will not touch the vehicle before 10:30 / 11:00 AM. You have to to "sit on their heads" to get things started and to your satisfaction.
I agree with BJ about contacting their GM - Mr. Gopal. But you cannot rush to Mr. Gopal every time, can you ?

Last edited by kingshukt : 24th October 2009 at 10:50.
Old 24th October 2009, 22:58   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
I am mulling between X-tremepower and NB...is it a DIY thingy?
Upgraded to Philips Xtreme Power today. Easy DIY. Details here

Quote:
...closure of Pratham has taken its toll
Destined to Happen, I guess. During my TD they brought a showroom (sales piece) car for demo and asked for 50% booking advance with a >=1 month delivery of black vx 4x4.

Quote:
Howmuch Oil was lost was not told to me and i completely forgot to ask them.
Gasket costed something around 250. It was FOC
Anabond costed approx 90.00 paid
Car was as dirty as I gave them when I collected it back.
Hope they refilled the lost oil?
The car is never washed nicely. I always make them wash once again at the time of delivery. Always allocate a bigger chunk of time when dealing with BuB.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 24th October 2009 at 23:11. Reason: added replies to [quote=Rahulk76;1547462]
Old 24th October 2009, 23:01   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Saw your vehicle yesterday at BUB, when I went to collect mine.
Saw yours as well the other day

Quote:
I also had a oil leak from a Turbo Hose, which I replaced under Warranty. When I queried the technicians abour other leakages exspecially from the Oil Sump, they were very vehement in stating the 2.2 VTT does not have oil sump leakages unlike the earlier TM vehicles. I fact they pointed out your vehicle as the 1st case that has been referred to them.
It seems that everything is new to them . Though competent enough, they are overloaded.. I mean I cud see approx 50 safaris when I went there. I guess closure of Pratham has taken its toll
Quote:
However now that it has been reported, I will also use the "Bedsheet and torch" technique to check out .
Yes Yes
Quote:
Yes, I agree that BUB is slow and it takes time for them to start work. If you deliver the vehicle at 9:00 AM, they will not touch the vehicle before 10:30 / 11:00 AM. You have to to "sit on their heads" to get things started and to your satisfaction.
I agree with BJ about contacting their GM - Mr. Gopal. But you cannot rush to Mr. Gopal every time, can you ?
Very true, King...Pandit Bhosari is far more competent and fast as compared to BUB, plus pandit has almost all the wksp catering to safari unlike BUB which has only one catering to the beast.

Okies.. now the update
Got the vehicle back from them at around 4pm. SA was incompetent buffoon. So cleared the bill of 90.00 and took off from there.

As per finding, the gasket leaked being defective. Howmuch Oil was lost was not told to me and i completely forgot to ask them. Now I would check for oil leak after heavy duty city run on monday.

Gasket costed something around 250. It was FOC
Anabond costed approx 90.00 paid

Car was as dirty as I gave them when I collected it back.
Old 30th October 2009, 21:03   #145

Hi Rahul, a great and well nurtured thread I must say.
Just happened upon this site and your thread while researching for my new vehicle, and am likely to pick up a safari lx in nov.

I've gone through the pre delivery checklist available on tbhp, anything else that one must be careful to note before actually taking delivery?? This is the first 'new' vehicle I am buying, so any other suggestion / advice would be most welcome.

Regards
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:44   #146
Senior - BHPian

Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1979 View Post
Hi Rahul, a great and well nurtured thread I must say.
Just happened upon this site and your thread while researching for my new vehicle, and am likely to pick up a safari lx in nov.

I've gone through the pre delivery checklist available on tbhp, anything else that one must be careful to note before actually taking delivery?? This is the first 'new' vehicle I am buying, so any other suggestion / advice would be most welcome.

Regards
Thanks Harry.
Please refer to the new car guide pdi checklist available on this website for comprehensive and intricate details. As a caution, have the vehicle lifted on the host and look at the underbelly for any telltale signs.

Quote:
The black wildcat gets an opportunity of a life time to get photographed in natural white background. What a combo "Black and White" in Christmas. The trip would last approx 5500kms. Keep tuned for more details coming up on this thread as the departure day and date countdown begins
My only worry is that i would be crossing 15k mark(3rd service) thru the trip. Right now I am on 10k mark and the trip is scheduled in dec
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:53   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please refer to the new car guide pdi checklist available on this website for comprehensive and intricate details. As a caution, have the vehicle lifted on the host and look at the underbelly for any telltale signs.
+1. Additionally you should check for following rubber caps/grommets on all five doors and engine bonnet (see pics below). These small rubbers are usually hard to get at TASS w/o escalating to TML. Ensure all of them are present. Mine has one missing and I am still following up with TASS

Cheers,
-BJ
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-door_bottom_stopper_missing.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-door_top_vent_plug_cap_missing.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 - Life beyond 65k kms-engine_bay_bonnet_damper_rubber_missing.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2009, 11:24   #148

Thanx bj96. Another request, can you upload some photos taken from a bit farther away, so that I can better locate the rubber caps/grommets.
Regards
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:37   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1979 View Post
Thanx bj96. Another request, can you upload some photos taken from a bit farther away, so that I can better locate the rubber caps/grommets.
Regards
Check every nuke and corner of the vehicle, it is not at a particular point.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:39   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
+1. Additionally you should check for following rubber caps/grommets on all five doors and engine bonnet (see pics below). These small rubbers are usually hard to get at TASS w/o escalating to TML. Ensure all of them are present. Mine has one missing and I am still following up with TASS

Cheers,
-BJ
The engine bonnet grommet is available as far as I know. BUB had lost(?) one of these and then on making a hue and cry they brought a new one and fixed it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks