Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2011, 17:30   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
This might be just me, but I believe that the more fuel you have in the fuel tank, more the pressure in the fuel lines, and the easier it is for the fuel pump - it has to pump fuel into the common rail, generating 1350 bars of pressure.
LOL, ok, where is the fuel pump located? and
Old 16th May 2011, 20:20   #527
BHPian

Re: Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page

@ ph03!x : Wasn't aware of that tech side. Yes, the gravity plays there and more the quantity more the pressure. But with modern fuel pumps, it shouldn't be a problem either. Now, a little confusion..

Last edited by Vdrive : 16th May 2011 at 20:36.
Old 16th May 2011, 20:47   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdrive View Post
Yes, the gravity plays there and more the quantity more the pressure. But with modern fuel pumps, it shouldn't be a problem either. Now, a little confusion..
WHAT, OMG, you serious Vdrive? Does it mean the vehicle makes more power with a full tank?

@Jayanth: Lets Drag - Me with 5 litres only and you with a tankful to understand who is faster in the same car !
Old 16th May 2011, 21:03   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
WHAT, OMG, you serious Vdrive? Does it mean the vehicle makes more power with a full tank?

@Jayanth: Lets Drag - Me with 5 litres only and you with a tankful to understand who is faster in the same car !
Is it not so ? But I have heard my friend also saying the same with his Scorpio. He says it is a tough job to get it right again after running lean or empty . So I think the fuel pumps after low pressure have to be pumped up again. But if it has to do anything with gravity...
Old 16th May 2011, 22:49   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL, ok, where is the fuel pump located? and
Quote:
@ ph03!x : Wasn't aware of that tech side. Yes, the gravity plays there and more the quantity more the pressure. But with modern fuel pumps, it shouldn't be a problem either. Now, a little confusion..
Quote:

Quote:
Is it not so ? But I have heard my friend also saying the same with his Scorpio. He says it is a tough job to get it right again after running lean or empty . So I think the fuel pumps after low pressure have to be pumped up again. But if it has to do anything with gravity...
Forgive me Mr. Thalais... But this is what I learnt from our Pondy trip. The conversation, IIRC, was between you and Suyamariyadhai Kadhalar. Or the D-BHPian?!! Dont blame me for what I learnt from your "after you-know-what" talks

But, irrespective of logic and reasoning, I would still ensure I have at least a quarter tank of fuel
Old 16th May 2011, 23:23   #531
Senior - BHPian

@Headers - Another point I remembered from "that night's discussion by the sea shore". Water condensing in the Diesel tank as the fuel goes down from full...
Old 17th May 2011, 06:37   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Headers - Another point I remembered from "that night's discussion by the sea shore". Water condensing in the Diesel tank as the fuel goes down from full...
I think you've mixed up issues. But this full tank and gravity stuff is not correct IMO.

Water condensing into the diesel tank as fuel goes down etc is a different subject matter and it is better to keep more than 1/4 tank of fuel. But it has NOTHING to do with pressure and gravity in the cars of todays age!
Old 17th May 2011, 21:54   #533
Senior - BHPian

After a good drive to Coimbatore, the rocket needed a good wash. Our flats in Coimbatore has a dedicated bay for car-wash, complete with a hose for high pressure water wash. After I nice wash of the black beauty's exterior, I took out the door mats - rather opened the doors to do that...

And Holy Crap! The front co-driver side foot well's rubber mat is filled with water - the car's OEM mat, the rubber mat - all under an inch of water!

Good that I washed the car in high pressure water. Good that I found this issues now. For the uninitiated, this is a known problem - if the drain for the windshield gets blocked, water tends to seep in to the passenger side foot well. I guess the fresh air intake vent does it - could be wrong.

Will take it to my A.S.S after I get back...
Quote:
I think you've mixed up issues. But this full tank and gravity stuff is not correct IMO.

Water condensing into the diesel tank as fuel goes down etc is a different subject matter and it is better to keep more than 1/4 tank of fuel. But it has NOTHING to do with pressure and gravity in the cars of todays age!
Looks like this is a topic for President
Old 20th May 2011, 11:56   #534
Senior - BHPian

My car with petes.
Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-090520111859.jpg
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 12:05   #535
BHPian

Pete's... here I come

Didnt know adding a tuning box would make a difference in RPM Vs Speed equation.

Prajesh-: Can you please click the 100 kmph pic without Pete's in your car?
Old 20th May 2011, 13:07   #536
Senior - BHPian

@Prajesh aka KPZEN: Does only 100 @ 2000 rpm. Where does the engine redline and whats the max you've reached?
Old 20th May 2011, 16:51   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the uninitiated, this is a known problem - if the drain for the windshield gets blocked, water tends to seep in to the passenger side foot well.
if you look closely - water seeps in from the extreme left corner from behind the dash board on the passenger side.

small DIY - take out the wipers - open the hood - unscrew the plastic cowl and check the LHS corner behind the cowl for traces of leaves / dirt - get the muck cleaned.

We had the same issue in our Getz Prime.
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 21:47   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
if you look closely - water seeps in from the extreme left corner from behind the dash board on the passenger side.

small DIY - take out the wipers - open the hood - unscrew the plastic cowl and check the LHS corner behind the cowl for traces of leaves / dirt - get the muck cleaned.

We had the same issue in our Getz Prime.
Thanks mate! This is exactly what I wanted to know, yet was not looking hard enough - will do this in the weekend. And yeah, the leak is bang from where you said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
My car with petes.
Attachment 548157
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Pete's... here I come

Didnt know adding a tuning box would make a difference in RPM Vs Speed equation.

That's exactly what I was talking with Prajesh - never thought Pete's would alter what the car achieves at a certain RPM. Gave up raking my head!
Quote:
@Prajesh aka KPZEN: Does only 100 @ 2000 rpm. Where does the engine redline and whats the max you've reached?
Thalais - we sometimes choose to fly low - more like cruise

Last edited by ph03n!x : 20th May 2011 at 21:50.
Old 20th May 2011, 22:03   #539
Senior - BHPian

the cowl comes out in two parts and has grooves where they sit on each other. you may need a pressure wash to force the muck through the rain channel. take care of the jacket that covers the wiper motor / fresh air intake vent. its quite easy and shouldn't take more than 30mins.
Old 20th May 2011, 22:13   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Pete's... here I come

Will do that.
Quote:
Redlines at 4500 RPM.
210kph (slope helped)
200kph (Mum- Pune expressway)
Quote:
Thanks mate! This is exactly what I wanted to know, yet was not looking hard enough - will do this in the weekend. And yeah, the leak is bang from where you said!
If its blocked, you will see water inside the plastic cowl.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks