Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:53   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
And I would like to remind you 2 gentlemen that its easy to act philosophical/rational when somebody else's car is involved.
Hey, PW, peace... shaanti...! It's just plastic. No chassis damage, no bent suspension, no panel damage, no broken lights. It's just a bumper... The only reason they put plastic bumpers now is to save the rest of the metalwork from being severely damaged. Ekta bumper gechhe boley ki jhogra kortey hoy? Next time, install those SUV-style bull bars, an watch the chassis tear apart in a similar crash!

BTW, if this was an Amby metal bumper (what they have on the taxis - with a sharp metal over-rider on it) - the Indica would have been cut in half --- convertible style!!!

Cheer up, buddy.
Old 23rd April 2009, 13:23   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Nice looking car, dont like the alloys though, sorry man...
No problem dude, its all a matter of individual taste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Hey, PW, peace... shaanti...! Ekta bumper gechhe boley ki jhogra kortey hoy?
BTW, if this was an Amby metal bumper (what they have on the taxis - with a sharp metal over-rider on it) - the Indica would have been cut in half --- convertible style!!!

Cheer up, buddy.
Hehe Doc, your post had me in splits. I wished I had an Amby bumper too. Would have just required a sledgehammer to bang it back into shape, and a drill to make two fresh holes for mounting the numberplate.. Not to mention it would have made mincemeat of the Indica!

And sorry if my previous post has offended anyone. I have met Anirbanda (1100D) in the last Kolkata meet, and was most impressed by 3 things - his immense knowledge, his sense of humor, and his patience as he carefully explained the Auto-Advance mechanism on the Fiat's fuel supply system! I have immense respect for him, and in no way do I wish to mess up the nascent relationship we have built. All I wanted to point out was that the advice was a bit misplaced (and mis-timed).
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2009, 13:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Anirbanda, I thank god that this isnt the developed world. And in the developed world, what punishment do they hand out to a person who adjusts his music system while driving? A confiscation of the license, right? So maybe he's lucky too that this isnt the "developed" world!
Yes, righto. There would have been a shared responsibility/blame. Infact even if the person had eyes on the road but doing something else (besides driving), say speaking on the phone, it would be slapped. However the higher blame percentage will go to the person who failed to yield, this will determine whose insurance will bear what amount.

But anyway this is just informational only.

I had a stationary car hit by a Truant bus at a crossing, right infront of a cop. Many bus pasengers were relishing the damage to something they would love to own but cannot. I was cool and calm but then a mass of bus passengers started acting rowdy with the cop and he let the bus go. The bus driver turned out was no Indica owner taking his wife for a weekend ration to the City Center!! When he drove off there was a smile on his face, victory smells sweet.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Nice looking car, dont like the alloys though, sorry man...
And I too have a similar design on my car! It's all based on individual tastes and preferences!

predatorwheelz, Sorry to hear about the incident but good to know that the other person accepted his mistake! which is very very rare these days!
Old 25th April 2009, 22:15   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi AS, what's the progress on the repairs?
Old 26th April 2009, 21:42   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
And I too have a similar design on my car!
Checked out your garage. Just when I was thinking my alloys were one of a kind, oh never mind!

Quote:
Hi AS, what's the progress on the repairs?
Everything going on track. Insurance has approved the damage, new bumper has come in and getting painted. Insurance will come again to survey the repair and pay the garage on Monday. So by Mon evening/Tue morning, I should get back the car!

I'm really missing it bad! Paid a surprise visit to the garage on Saturday. Objective was nothing but to check out my beloved. There she stood in one forlorn corner, all covered in dust with the front bumper missing. Broke my heart to drive away again. Anyway, its just 2 days now.
Old 29th April 2009, 10:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

All's well that ends well

Hi everyone, an update:

I finally received Predator back from the service centre yesterday. The new bumper has been perfectly fitted and painted. Felt very good to be driving "saddi gaddi" after almost a week.

A word about Spring Hyundai. Everytime my car has rolled in there, they seem to offer something that turns ordinary customer satisfaction into customer delight. Last time it was the free paint touch ups. This time they heated and banged the original number plate back into shape, and fitted it nicely onto the new bumper. It looks a bit scruffy if you look closely, but then who needs a perfectly proportioned number plate anyway?!! Also saved me the cost and hassle of getting a new plate (In these election times, getting a replacement number plate made is tougher than you think.)

A word also about the guy who banged my car. He kept calling me everyday for the last 4 days asking me when my car was going to be ready, and what amount he would have to pay. I've never seen someone so eager to pay for his own fault!. Finally I called him and told him about the out of pocket amount (Rs 1640 to be precise). He came over to my house this morning and promptly paid up. He has never ben short of apologies for his actions from day one, and today was no exception. Finally before leaving, as he watched my car standing gleaming under the sun, a comment escaped his lips - "I've been thinking this from the day of the accident. You've got a beautiful car, and its apparent you are crazy about maintaining it."

Of course I'd be happier had the accident not happened. But nice guys these days are hard to find, even if you have to find one by banging your own car!
predatorwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2009, 11:42   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Of course I'd be happier had the accident not happened. But nice guys these days are hard to find, even if you have to find one by banging your own car!
Very well said
Congrats on your 'Predator' and great to know that its back on its feet!
Black is really difficult to maintain, specially in a metro like Kolkata, but you do seem to keep it shining. Great!

All the best and drive safe
Old 29th April 2009, 12:53   #69
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know that your car is back on it wheels and as cheerful as ever.

And even better is that you have found a good human!
Old 29th April 2009, 12:54   #70
BHPian

So the beauty is back to shape again eh! Congrats on the car it looks super sexy in the jet black. Do drive safe . Wishing you years of driving without any set backs

Cheers
Old 29th April 2009, 15:24   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Felt very good to be driving "saddi gaddi" after almost a week.
It does. Everytime. Normalcy returns to life !

Quote:
You know what, invite him to join T-BHP.
Old 29th April 2009, 20:14   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to know your Predator has now got back as good as (and better than?) new. See you and her on Sunday/Monday. Will call you from the road.
Old 30th April 2009, 00:14   #73
BHPian

Quote:
But nice guys these days are hard to find, even if you have to find one by banging your own car!

Please don't try it again.

PS:So glad to know Predator is back in its shining new self.
Old 30th April 2009, 09:34   #74
BHPian

@predator nice to hear your car is back to shape. You ve found some nice chap apparently. And I've found someone who I would like to kill. Some idiot has come into my apartment and scratched the whole of my right side with a key or something last night. What do you do with the people in our country? What would possibly drive someone to do nonsense like this?
Old 30th April 2009, 10:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Sawal Jawab

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Very well said
Congrats on your 'Predator' and great to know that its back on its feet!
Black is really difficult to maintain, specially in a metro like Kolkata, but you do seem to keep it shining. Great!

All the best and drive safe
Thank you for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
And even better is that you have found a good human!
Hehe, sounded more like a phrase people use in matrimonial regards!

No seriously, thank you. Nice to see you following my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
So the beauty is back to shape again eh! Congrats on the car it looks super sexy in the jet black. Do drive safe . Wishing you years of driving without any set backs

Cheers
Thank you Shyam. Hope your Getz is running well, with all 6 feet of you inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
You know what, invite him to join T-BHP.
Hey, that seems like a good idea. Wait, lemme give him a call and see!

Quote:
Good to know your Predator has now got back as good as (and better than?) new. See you and her on Sunday/Monday. Will call you from the road.
As said earlier, been waiting eternally to meet you, doc! Do try to make it on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Please don't try it again.

PS:So glad to know Predator is back in its shining new self.
I wont try it again. Getting your car damaged to find a good human isnt a very good idea. The financial implications far outweigh the emotional benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
@predator nice to hear your car is back to shape. You ve found some nice chap apparently. And I've found someone who I would like to kill. Some idiot has come into my apartment and scratched the whole of my right side with a key or something last night. What do you do with the people in our country? What would possibly drive someone to do nonsense like this?
Oh Dear, thats dreadful. Let me try to help you out here. Has the scratch exposed the bodywork, or is it only paint deep? In case of the former, you have no option but to get the whole panel repainted. But if its the latter, there's a special acrylic based solution available in the market that helps to remove surface scratches. Do let me know, and dont hesitate to ask for further help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks