Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 11:11   #61
BHPian

Congrats and all the more for such a indepth review of the car. Have been a lover of ikon, I have a petrol 1.3 ikon, so it gives much more pleasure to read about ikons.
Old 16th February 2009, 11:12   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Waiting for the updates. Want to know what I need to add to my just booked Ikon TCDi.
Why the wait ? I thought chennai ford is making 3 days post payment realisation delivery ? Anyway Congrats.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:05   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Proxima, things have been slow, hence the delay in updating. I have avoided rushing in into the accessories, esp with the dealers. Also shop around for the insurance - I saved about 4k on the insurance, compared to what the dealer offered me.

Accessories so far :
Remote lock (Autocop from Ford).
Chrome Strip above rear number plate - also helps when opening the boot.
Side Skirts : gives a subtle change to the side-profile. (painted outside, and saved atleast 1.5k on that alone).

Seat covers & the usual coatings. Got a very good fit + price + better color coordination than what the dealer had.
Mats : doing a custom cut vinyl mats.

Boot Realase : you know what to do.

Let me know if you have specific queries, so I can try & help you with those.
  1. I will look around for insurance for sure. Which insurance did you go with?
  2. How much did the Autocop from Ford cost? So you got everything else apart from the Autocop done outside?
  3. Soot release - Benny's DIY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Why the wait ? I thought chennai ford is making 3 days post payment realisation delivery ? Anyway Congrats.
The wait is for the loan processing. Because it is from SBI.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

Dunno how I missed this thread but better late than never! Congrats!!! Parwath & one heck of a review - impartial & detailed as can be expected from you

Have fun mate & Happy Driving!

Last edited by suman : 16th February 2009 at 14:22.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:29   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

@Proxima,
Insurance : I am with Chola. Bajaj Allianz gave me a preferred rate of about 13.2k (for our company). Chola agreed to match BA's premium.
So ask every insurance company if they have special rates / discounts for your company.

All else being similar/equal, suggest you consider the company who has a tie up with your service dealer for cash-less service.

Remote lock : 3.5k incl fitting, here in Karnataka. Should be fixed rate for your state / city.

Suggest you shop around : make a list of what you want, compare prices & then go for the installations. Take a couple of days off if you need to : it's worth it, and it is worth the money you can save.
Quote:
suman : Dunno how I missed this thread but better late than never! Congrats!!! Parwath & one heck of a review - impartial & detailed as can be expected from you
@Suman, Thank you ! Have a biigg smile after reading your post, and people around me are wondering what's up !
Old 16th February 2009, 16:01   #66
BHPian

Quote:
@Proxima,
Insurance : I am with Chola. Bajaj Allianz gave me a preferred rate of about 13.2k (for our company). Chola agreed to match BA's premium.
So ask every insurance company if they have special rates / discounts for your company.

All else being similar/equal, suggest you consider the company who has a tie up with your service dealer for cash-less service.
Damn! I am charged 19.5k as insurance if I do it through the dealer. How much is your coverage? Full es-showroom price?
Old 16th February 2009, 16:53   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

@Proxima :
Comprehensive, Approx 5.50L, before the standard depreciation they use even for new cars. (ex-showroom + accessories)

The dealers here are asking for about 17k. 19.5k is definitely high !
Old 16th February 2009, 19:01   #68
BHPian

Quote:
@Proxima :
Comprehensive, Approx 5.50L, before the standard depreciation they use even for new cars. (ex-showroom + accessories)

The dealers here are asking for about 17k. 19.5k is definitely high !
Got a quote for 16,450 from United India. Guess that's 3k saved. Am happy. I do not want to go with the pvt banks for insurance at this time.

The dealer is not at all keen for me to get insurance done outside. Lets see how things go.
Old 16th February 2009, 19:10   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hey Condor, forgot to ask you, how was the Metro experience? Also, did I manage to tell you the right name of the service advisor ?
Old 16th February 2009, 20:09   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Proxima : The dealer is not at all keen for me to get insurance done outside.
Simple : go with whom you are happy with !

@Sammy, Metro has been the pick of the two so far. Havent spoken to the service advisor(s). But the accessories guys have been helpful. Hoping things to settle down further.
Old 16th February 2009, 21:49   #71
BHPian

Thanks and WHERE are the pics with the side skirts?
Old 16th February 2009, 21:55   #72
Senior - BHPian

How is the Ikon doing saleswise? Must be pretty good.

Time for Hyundai to bring back the Accent diesel then?
Old 17th February 2009, 08:17   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Parwath, thats decent economy from the TDCi. No highway runs so far, right?
I expect it to return about 19-20 kmpl then.
Quote:
Highway FE : 20.1kmpl.

Conditions:
80% Highway, 20% light city traffic
4 adults, no luggage.
100% A/c. Cruise speed : 80-85 kmph
Man, am i smart or what?!
Looks like its returning good FE figures. Now, how about trying early upshifts? Just for info purposes, thats all.

Do put up pics with the side skirts, as well as the chrome strip. Between, you're still hunting for the side strips, right?
Old 17th February 2009, 11:18   #74
BHPian

Congrats condor - a very sensible purchase!
The Ikon TDCi i a perfect blend of a proven car - Ikon with a proven engine - 1.4 TDCi. Somehow i always feel that ford doesn't market its vehicles properly - The Ikon diesel is the most sensible and best entry level sedan. Also, the paprika red color that you opted for looks awesome and is definitely the best.
In fact, i was thinking of replacing my 2004 Flair with a TDCi Ikon. You've taken pains to give us a fair and detailed review - appreciate your effort.
The other day, a friend of mine informed me that Ford had launched a sport variant of the Ikon diesel which comes fitted with Alloys, Side Skirts and a bluetooth compatible music system. Can you shed some light on this ? I was wondering whether it is a Ford/ factory option or one launched by the dealer out here !
Enjoy your drive. It is definitely going to serve you well.
Old 17th February 2009, 14:13   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Side Skirts

@Benny & Proxima, here you go : Pics of the car with & without Side-Skirts.

The Side Skirts give the car a sportier (because of the apparent lowering of the body-line between the wheels), but a slightly chunkier look.

Duratorq-in' with Josh: Ford Ikon TDCi * 4 years 7 months/43,941 km & Letting Go :(-sskirt2.jpg

without the side-skirts:
Duratorq-in' with Josh: Ford Ikon TDCi * 4 years 7 months/43,941 km & Letting Go :(-nskirt1.jpg

@Benny : yes, still searching for the side-strips.
@Gaurav : must be a dealer option. Any option from Ford would have been advertised across.

@Mpower : sales must be good : there was a pretty good waiting period for the car. Not sure if the Accent CRDi can meet with similar success as the Ikon TDCi is seeing.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th February 2009 at 01:35. Reason: Typo corrected as per request.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks