Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 12:48   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Front Grille has been painted. This has been another old idea, but was implemented (temporarily) by using black vinyl stickers. Some of you have seen this.

Picked up a can of Bosny #4 Flat Black paint & completed the mod.

Duratorq-in' with Josh: Ford Ikon TDCi * 4 years 7 months/43,941 km & Letting Go :(-grille-paint.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------
A small problem had come up with the wipers. The nut holding the wiper was loose, and hence the right wiper was not working.

Solution :
Open the flap that cover that covers the nut.
Position the wiper correctly
Tighten nut.

Duratorq-in' with Josh: Ford Ikon TDCi * 4 years 7 months/43,941 km & Letting Go :(-wipernut.jpg

@Benny, Thank you.

@Liquid Metal : From April 1st, 13 cities can sell only BS-4 cars. I would assume that the BS-4 versions are now at the dealers in these cities. The same engine is being used in the Fiesta, Ikon & now the Figo. So it should not be a problem. It is more likely that the engine needs a minor tweak to make it BS-4 compliant.
Old 24th March 2010, 21:09   #287
BHPian

After seeing the car in flesh (metal!!), I'm really impressed with the up keep. The finish on the speaker base is real good. Just loved the one color interior theme that you have on. Wishing you many more DIYs
Old 13th April 2010, 15:01   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyags22 View Post
Thats a great DIY.

Did you guys get a call from your dealer requesting to give your IKON (mine is 2009 model) for checking the AC. Apprently Ford has issued a note to dealers to check some of the ikons for proper working of AC. The service center guy who called was not giving the complete details inspite of asking thrice ("we want to just check if the AC is working fine sir"). I am going tomorrow.

Thiyags
I managed to get the car to Lathangi Ford in the last week of March for checking the part. None of the SAs had a clue on what is this about. The manager seemed to know and he asked the SA to run a test for which the instructions has been sent from Ford. They did some testing and said everything is alright. Since there was no proper explanation on the issue itself, I was not very convinced.

Went to coimbatore last week and took the car to Rajshree ford (where the car was purchased). Met one of the managers and he explained that the A/c control knob sometimes does not function properly if operated continuously and hence ford has asked them to test it and change the knob. He called the SA and asked him to test the part. Here comes the interesting part - The SA came back and said he has put a clip on the a/c hose since it it touching one of the hot parts of the engine and due to wear & tear might start leaking. I just hope that whatever these guys did prevents the issue.

Off Topic - Figo seems to have brought the smiles and confidence into the dealers. The manager I met said they dont even consider Punto as a competition and they are challenging Swift / Ritz / i20
Old 13th April 2010, 15:42   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

The sales numbers may have made the dealers smile, but I hope the are able to ramp up their service levels such that the customers smile too. Lathangi atleast has seen some churn.

Btw, Lathangi is offering a free service camp this friday & saturday.
Old 14th April 2010, 08:15   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The sales numbers may have made the dealers smile, but I hope the are able to ramp up their service levels such that the customers smile too. Lathangi atleast has seen some churn.

The service is definetly going to be a problem. As it is, they are struggling with the current inflow of cars.

Thanks for the info on free service camp. Are you planning to go?
Old 14th April 2010, 08:37   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Looks like my predictions are coming true, in terms of the Figo's success as well as my concerns on how the existing dealers would be able to cope with the added load, as i had expressed here -> Figo Scoop
Old 14th April 2010, 11:08   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Looks like my predictions are coming true, in terms of the Figo's success as well as my concerns on how the existing dealers would be able to cope with the added load, as i had expressed here -> Figo Scoop

Very true. I can vouch for the fact though that Ford has really cracked down on it's dealers. In Calcutta, they have two major dealers, Ganges Ford and Victoria Ford; both of them have pulled up their socks.

Our family had some problems with Ganges Ford(they promised certain work done before delivery but it took them 3months to start them), but they seem to have come around. It bodes well for Ford India, after this terrific start, this is a battle that's their's to lose, I hope they are really successful. It'll prompt them to launch some of the fantastic cars they have in Europe.
Old 16th April 2010, 17:13   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been for the service camp today. A quick check, a wash & vacuum. A small gift - a rechargeable torch, good enough to keep in the car (till it lasts).
Old 12th May 2010, 15:38   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

A/c problem ?

While driving towards MG Rd today morning, the a/c seemed to have a problem. Started cooling correctly, but after abt 4 km, the cooling seemed to have reduced. I tried to adjust the temp knob - to set it to more cooling, but instead of cooling, the blower was throwing out heated air. Tried a switch on/ off, adjusting the temp knob a few times. The behaviour was unpredictable while it lasted, but after a few minutes of fiddling around, cooling resumed.

Has any one else seen this on the TDCi Ikons ? Any inputs, guys ?
Old 12th May 2010, 15:53   #295
BHPian

Not on mine which has 16k on the ODO.

Had a small problem yesterday, the left rear co-axial speaker were making a phat sound when I tried to play anything and then there was no sound. Took it to a local car stereo guy and he told me that the speakers are touching the body and getting 'shorted'.

My speakers are mounted like this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...temp-setup.jpg

He said he will bend the speaker hole to make it bigger but as a quickfix, I asked him to put insulation tape for the hole which he did and the problem dissapeared. Do you think this will be a permanent fix or should I necessarily get the speaker-hole widened to solve this permanently?

---------------

My right fog-lamp broke when I hit a dog on the first week of ownership. It has not been fixed yet. Am trying a DIY will keep this thread updated with pics on Saturday.
Old 14th May 2010, 13:04   #296
BHPian

Did a trip to Trichy yesterday, maintained a consistent 130-140. Car behaved extremely well, thank God and thanks to the Michelin Energy tyres also I guess. Took it upto 155 a few times as well.

Mileage took a hit though, got only 17.5 (same mileage a in the city!!), could have got 23+ if I drove between 100-110 I guess.

Hit another dog and this time the left fog lamp got 'loose', I removed it and stored it in the boot for the rest of the journey, my car does not have both it's fogs now.

Thinking of switching to Mobil 1 henceforth (I currently put in Mobil Devlac MX), need some advice.
Old 14th May 2010, 13:07   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Mobil1 ? Go for it, esp if you are going to run atleast 10k in 6 months. Should cost you approx 3k each change. Suggest a flush when you remove the Delvac.

155 ! Good, man. But did you have to wear ear-phones to blank out the noise ? ;-)
Old 14th May 2010, 13:16   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Mobil1 ? Go for it, esp if you are going to run atleast 10k in 6 months. Should cost you approx 3k each change. Suggest a flush when you remove the Delvac.
I will run only about 5k in 6 months. The car takes 3.8 liters of oil and 4 liters of Mobil 1 costs 4k right? In comparison, the 5L can of Delvac costs only 1k. I'm confused.

Quote:
155 ! Good, man. But did you have to wear ear-phones to blank out the noise ? ;-)
Was not that bad actually. Maybe the times when I hit 155, I was concentrating so much that I couldn't hear anything. Between 130-140, it was perfectly acceptable.
Old 14th May 2010, 13:52   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

If you will do only 5k in 6 months, then the additional 2.5k is not worth it. With Synth oils, you can stretch the regular change interval by almost 50%. But if you are not even going to cover the normal running (running between oil changes), then it doesnt make sense to go for Synth oils.
Old 14th May 2010, 14:24   #300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
While driving towards MG Rd today morning, the a/c seemed to have a problem. Started cooling correctly, but after abt 4 km, the cooling seemed to have reduced. I tried to adjust the temp knob - to set it to more cooling, but instead of cooling, the blower was throwing out heated air. Tried a switch on/ off, adjusting the temp knob a few times. The behaviour was unpredictable while it lasted, but after a few minutes of fiddling around, cooling resumed.
Parwath, welcome to the world of the Ford Ikon.
What you've just experienced is the most common of all the ikon's faults, which has been mentioned here : Link

Also, the solution to this is what i have gotten done here, or else replacing the divertor valve should the issue surface again. Since your car is in warranty, better to replace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks