Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2009, 23:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Alto LXi - 55,000kms review

This has been due for some time now. Here is my ownership review of my Alto LXi which was brought on 2005 Feb.

The vehicle has currently run 55,000kms.

After coming down to India and moving to new job in Bangalore, my look out for a car started. This happened as soon as I got accustomed to the Bangalore traffic. Still recollect the first few weeks where riding in an auto to work itself was an horror trip. Got re-Indianized quickly and two months later, I was driving my brother Sumo to office.

Did that for a month while I did the searching. My initial searches were for second hand cars but found them to be priced so high it just did not make any sense. And since my need was city driving, I looked at the small cars only. Found some good word of mouth reviews that Alto will fit my requirement. Looked for the top end and found that, unfortunately, they do not have a power window option and also that they engine is the 800cc and not 1.1cc. Regardless the test drive was great and I found that it was a great car to drive, that too in Bangalore traffic. Neat and quick!

And the color that was decided was Black (metallic), no doubt on that. Wifey also love that color, so all the more fine.

Buying experience:

The dealer:
Played the devil here and I got in touch with all dealers that I could. Bimal, Mandovi and Sagar.

All the dealers were having the standard package - 4k discount and few freebies!!! So, it was more or less a choice of who offered the best service (sales and after sales). And there was not much info available except for asking around.

Mandovi: Don't remember much. But do not recollect any bad expereince also.

Bimal: I would have ended up buying from these guys, if not for the fact that Sagar gave a better deal.

Sagar: The sales agent first gave the standard line, but then I said that all are giving the same and it does not make sense for me to pick my car from them unless they give something more. The SA raised the bar and said he will give not 4k but 8k discount. I confirmed on what he said and then asked him to come down with the papers.

Took the entire package of extended warranty and all. Total cost came to 3.45laks.

The bank loan:
Do not remember much but I do know that I did not shop around. I realied on info from my brother, who was working as a branch manager for Ford at my home town and arrived at the conclusion that getting from ICICI (my salary account bank) was ok. Got the agent come down to my house on a saturday, signed a ton of document and all was done. Frankly I did not read what is it that I was signing away and where all I signed!!! Blank 3 checks also give, with the agent mentioning the max amount that can eb withdrawn using that check and stamping it with ICICI seal.

The loan has since been closed and the NOC documents reached me in 2 weeks time after closure. Similarly my checks also. There was no follow up needed. It just happened. Got the hypothecation removed from the RC book.

The waiting:
Have no idea when was the promised date. But got a call on Feb 24th morning that I can pick the car that evening. And that day also happens to be my wife's birthday, so all the more better.

The Delivery:
Reached Sagar (besides Oracle at Banargetta road) at around 5PM along with my brother on one of his friends Safari. The car was all ready to be taken out. I was asked to pay 4k for the AutoCop, which I did with cash. (Later upon checking the AutoCop invoice, found it was for 3,600INR; SA pocketed the Rs.400; should have been alerted then itself, but then the new car experience was overwhelming).

Had the SA tell me about the control. He was dumb enough to show me the wiper working with it being switched on the dry glass!!!

Also saw a service adviser getting into a brawl with a customer on the steps of Sagar when this was happening.

So, with a photo and aarathi, drove out of the place with the 5 liter pertrol voucher. The bunk was just down the road and as soon as I stopped the car at the pump, got out and ripped the red ribbon which stuck across the car. Just hate those, do not know why!

Went home a happy person.

Well, not for long.

The Sagar experience
When buying, had asked for the extended warranty. Did not get the extended warranty booklet when the delivery was made. A call, few days later called up the sales agent. One person by the name rohit balal. He said that Maruti gives 1 year and the extended is one more year and that is why there is 2 years mentioned as warranty and there is no other booklet.

Said fine and check this info with my cousin who works with a maruti center at my home town, and realized I was made a fool of!!!

Called Sagar, asked for the sales manager and asked him if I was supposed to get a booklet or not. He said yes, I should have got. Asked him why then his sales agent mentioned otherwise. To cut the story short, went there and talked with the Asst.Sales Manager (Sales Manager was busy!!!) and the Sales Agent and it became clear to the Asst.Mgr that his SA has lied. The SA's excuse was that I did not take the loan, as promised, from his agent!!! Gave a mouth full. The Asst.Mgt was apologetic and asked me to get my car anytime so that he can put in some goodies to make it up to me. I never went back to that place.

The initial period:
The car is a wonderful city drive. Can get in and out of tight spot and does not require too much of parking space. The only concern on the first few days was about the safety - had to park it on the road. And also had a government run school near my place and my car was too close to that. This lead to the kids from there to try out their writing skills on my car, since it being black and with dust, the perfect recipe!!! Had few heart burns for the first week, but then realized that nothing can be done. So started ignoring it.

After a couple of weeks drove down with my brother to my home town. Never ever had given any thought of driving-in the engine. Did 130-140kmph at certain places. Had a close encounter here.

After that it was either weekly or fortnight drive to my home town, which is 340kms away, or to my wifes home town, which is 400kms aways, which ensured that I was lapping in km's like anything. Added to this my daily drive from my house at Ejipura to office at South End meant 11kms on way, daily. It was a experience in itself!

As mentioned, I never thought of letting the engine settle down. Used to rip from day one. But this did not mean that I used to red-line at all gears, but it was speed. Where possible I used to go fast. And when taking from a stop, I ensure to pull the vehicle just enough to get to the cruising speed as soon as possible.

Accessories
Got the ICE done couple of weeks later at a audio joint on the road that goes from Sony World to Sarjapur. Not sure what the joints name was. Cost me 13k for 4 Sony Xplod speakers and the Sony set. Also did the tinting. Just 30% tinting, since our Bangalore police were in their usual 'To enforce or not to enforce' moods for the tints.

On the second month of ownership, got the seat cover done. Was not a good experience. The person had to get the seats from another shop and that itself had me waiting at his shop for a good 2 hours. And the guys at this shop, who went about removing and fitting back the seat after the covers were fitted, ensured that they made as many scratches as possible in the interiors!!!

But, I still have the same cover and I am happy with them!

Got another layer of tint done at my home town (another of that 30% film) and this gave a better look to the car. All Black!

Also on the 3rd month or so, got the bulbs upgrade with 100/90 with the cut-out from my home town. It was one of the best things to do. Also had the horns changed to roots horn. This definitely helped in the highway drives because :

1. Vehicle from the opposite side now used to dim their light when I flash
2. When I honk from behind, vehicles move out of the way. This does not work well during day time, since the movement they see an Alto, it is again back to square one!!! Night is mucn much better - quick high & low flashes and horn ensures that whoever is there on the fast track moves out very quickly.

Last june or july 2008, moved from the stock JK tyres to tubeless. Do not recollect what brand they are (!). But all came to 7.5k. The old tyres has another 5k of run left in them, minimum, but I was not feeling safe, since there were two instances where I lost grip due to the sudden braking.

Had a crash bar which used to house the fog lamps. This did reduced the GC a bit. Had it till a couple of months back, when it was removed.

Mileage figures
Got only 13kmpl for the first few months. And this figure was in city and highway and was regardless of the ac being on or off. 13kmpl it was. Had the service center look at it at the first service and they said all's fine. It was much later that I realized that the main bug in the system was me!

Changed my driving habit and it was 15kmpl in city and 18kmpl in highway.

The best on highway was 22kmpl on a drive to Kerala. And it was full load of bags with my family. A/c was used on and off. But never drove more than 80kmph. Maintained it at that or under that. But still did some red-lining at some place.

Petrol Used
Never bothered about what it was put in. Any bunk which sells petrol, I am ok with it. Bad thing to do!

Started of with Indian Oil, since there was a bunk near my office. Got cheated once and left that place. Then moved to BP, with all their 'Pure for Sure' thing. But then, even that was not pure at all places. Then got into HP and have been with them ever since, aka, last 1+ year. Best thing with HP is that most of their bunks are with digital meter and they seems to be more organized. And most of them do not rush thru the filling, which I feel is good.

Scary Moments
Act 1: Wife is taken to hospital, at her home town, for delivery. I keep checking from morning with her parents if I should start down. They say, it is not yet and will let me know. Keep checking and finally decide to drive down the next day morning at 3am. Get home from office and pack things; had my brother in law also with me. Sp make sure that he is also packed for the travel. Hit the bed at 11.30PM. Phone rings at 11.35PM saying that my wife has been taken to the labor room and I should come down immediately!

And so we start at 11.45PM from Bangalore. On a tea stop en-route at 1.45am, get a call saying that I have a daughter and she was born at 1.44am, a minute back. Yipee...

Start driving again ... and fortunately, a blessing in itself, my brother in law was awake, throughout, and we had some stupid conversations. Reach L&T highway at 4.30am. climate is soo cool due to the onset of the rainy season! Windows down and good breeze. The road is even cooler. Start going down the road after the booth. Few minutes into the drive , enjoying the breeze and thinking of my kid... I slept off!

Vehicle doing 100~110kmph and going straight and both of us sleeping. I guess I slept for few minutes; when I woke up, the car was almost on the side of the road. Realized what happened, but fortunately did not panic brake or turn. Just took leg of accelerator and came back on road and then braked and stopped on the side. 10 minutes break with a face wash and some stretching. Reached the hospital at 6am and held my daughter in my hands. She was sleeping peacefully and it started rainning.

Act 2: Coming back to Bangalore from my home town. On our very own NHAI highway on the way to Hosur. Time is around 8PM. Overtaking a truck from the left and doing slightly above 100kmph. Notice that there is a truck on my lane which has broken down and there is a rock place as a barrier. Too fast and close to abort. GO ahead with the overtake but the left wheel hits the rock. The wheel is torn and the rim is bend inwards. Change tyre and drive on. Want to throw a stone a break the windshield of the truck.... Was very luck here that nothing else happened and the vehicle did not get lifted on impact!

Act 3: Heavy rain in Bangalore. I am coming down from Bangalore University to DG Petrol pump. Water has collected at depression on the road. Most of the cars are parked on road itself since they did not want to get into the water. Notice a 800 going in and getting out at the other end. Decide to go for it. Water come up to the windsheild. Kept the vehicle in 1st and accelartion floored. Did this 3 more times. The fourth and last time, the vehicle started losing acceleration towards the end. But got out with enough power left. But decided never to try this again!

Act 4: Driving from Kannur to Bangalore, took the ghat section thru Virajpet. 20kms of absolute rocks! No road, nothing, zero. Just plain rocks. Did the 20kms stretch in 2hrs. At some points the vehicle was just not able to go, compounded with the fact that the rocks were slippery with the rain water and I did not have enought speed! Phew, that was a nightmare!

Encounters with the 'thud' kind
1.The first drive out of town was a wakening call. Driving at 130kmph, noticed a old man crossing the road in his cycle. This is just after a slight curve and he was coming out from a inner road. Jammed the brake and the vehicle did a 180 turn. Ended up on the other side or road, facing the direction we drove down, with the back up against a huge pile of mud.

Few things went well then, if I can say that, which are:
a. No roaring TN buses
b. The old man aborted the crossing
c. The pile of mud on which we went up backwards, which blocked us from falling to the river just behind it!

2.Reach office and turn the car into the office gate and one moron decides to overtake me and gets right into the cars front side. Front portion of driver side to the portion above the right front wheel damaged. Moron drives away even before my security guys can come out of the gate. Nothing much to do - first insurance claim.

3. The office parking is bit congested and one portion is a tight spot. Negotiating that, my hands lose grip and the vehicle hit the wall on the left. No scratch, but a dent near the front left headlamp. The parking light is broken. It is a single unit, so did not do anything, Drove like that for almost a year and then changed the head lamp unit. The dent is still there.

4. Another day, another drive to office. A down slope and a 407 pickup decides to brake suddenly on a down slope. I brake and the car stops inches away from that vehicle. A quick glance on the RVM, realise that the WagonR person at the back will not stop. Jam the brakes down, since I did not want to rear end the 407 at the front, and hold on to the steering wheel. BANG!

The car did move to the front, on impact, but the 407 had moved a bit more to the front and that helped. Got down and noticed that the WangonR was driven by a person who was as shocked as I was that this happened. He was elderly and looked quite decent. So, first asked them if they both were fine (his wife was also in the car) and then checked the car. Both of us went to the service center (he is also a regular customer at Mandovi, JP Nagar). Second insurance claim. He paid the difference amount that I had to pay, later.

5. The incident with the rogue TN bus, which is documented here at T-BHP. Third insurance claim.

Service Experience
Went to Mandovi Wilson Garden for first service and a service advisor was assigned to me, Vardan. After the service drove down to Trichy and noticed the ride to be too bumpy. Tires were filled to 40psi! Called the SA and asked him if they check the tire pressure during service and he said yes. I tell him I had 40psi. He apologises and says that he will look at where they made the error in checking and make sure it does not happen agains. I thank him and I have been giving my vehicle to him ever since till few months back. When he moved to JP nagar branch, I moved too.

The SA was a wonderful person and he used to make sure that he keeps me updated on the ongoing work when I had given for the accident repairs. He was the only reason that I was giving it to Mandovi JP nagar, even though it was on the other end from where I stay. It was worth it, IMO.

Had no issue with the service that was done. Maybe I was not looking enough, but then, the car never had any issue. But, they did take a very long time to correct a rattling issue on the driver side door.

Had one issue once where there was scratch on the vehicle when I was taking it back from service caused by their service center driving! Got is corrected by them.

Last service and the last denting work was carried out at Suraksha. Recommended by few here at T-BHP. But I still do not understand how my power steering fuse which was in the car for the last 3+ years got fused when it went to them and they said that I was driving with an under rated fuse!

What, for 3+ years!!!

Their denting work was great. Did a much better work than what was done at Mandovi.

The 50,000 km service was done twice. The first time, I took it to a authrorized service center, which is on the Mysore road, few kms after DG petrol pump. It is just opposite to the AirTel relationship center. The guys there changed oil but did not change oil filter. Radiator flushing was done and refilled with water. charged 2k for that. Blamed myself for taking it there and the next day got the service done once again from Mandovi. Told them do the complete 50k service and not look at what was done earlier.

All services were done at 5,000kms interval. Sometimes even did adhoc general visit to make sure all fluids are in order before long drives.

Issues Faced
After 3 weeks of ownership, noticed that the front left rim had a bend to it. Took it to Mandovi, they checked if it was bend due to a damage; found no damage and replaced it.

Similarly, found that the spare wheel was losing air. Found the tube to be faulty. Got a letter from Mandovi, took the letter and tube to JK office and get it replaced under warranty after a week. JK had taken the tube to check if it was a damage or manufacturing defect.

From 40k kms, had the issue of sound coming from the steering if it is turned towards the right, completely. So any sharp right turns would give this sound. Similarly, at certain times, a squeeking sound come from the steering. SA says that the column needs to be changed, but it can run for some more time. No action taken so far.

After a trip to Ooty, noticed that the raditor coolant was low in the tank. Refilled and two days later found it have gone down. Notice spills on the parking floor. Turned out that the clamp of the tube from the engine was not tight enough. Fixed and no problem after that.

Battery died off one fine night, when I tried to start and move it into the parking area. This was just an hour after a drive. Exide, after 2.5 years, dead. Had Maruti road service personnal come down and check it. Based on his suggestion changed it to Amaron.

On one long drive, noticed that the force of air coming out of the blowers was very low! Tried all circus of changing it to feet, windshield and all, but no luck. And putting the a/c on full blast made droplets of water to fall on my feet. Drove back home for the last 4 hrs of the drive without a/c. Checked it one last time, before getting out of car and it was working fine!!! No idea what happened and nothing wrong was found even on the subsequent service.

When I moved to the current house, rat ate up the wiring and caused the indicators to stop working. Now use rat cakes (!) and problem solved. Had to take to the service center for the wiring, though.

Opinion
A great vehicle and one that does great in the city and does well on the highway too! Never have I ever regretted that I had got this small guy. Yeah, maybe when I get bullied by bigger vehicles and they treate like you were never there, but otherwise, it has been great! I have got so used to the vehicle it now feels like an extended part of me when I drive.

Some times this comfort borders on the line of arrogance! Oopps!

But this is a great car. Have driven it like hell and pushed it to it limits but was never let down. It just runs and makes sure I get home. I love it for what it is.

The distance of 55k was covered over a period of 33 months of which I was in India in this, almost, 4 years of ownership. The a/c is still cooling as it was before. The vehicle power had reduced and it does take longer to reach the top speed, which was 140kmph, that I regularly done before. Now it is more of 120kmph, on the straight clear roads.

For the future, with the small one growing and she having her own luggage on trips, it is getting a bit small for long trips. Had planned of selling this guy and getting a bigger vehicle, but then did not have the heart and ended up trying to looking at ways to keep the small one and go for the big one. Told wifey that she can use it for her school and shopping trips and all that. But all that now on hold.

Maruti Alto LXi - 55,000kms review-100_3027.jpg
Old 11th January 2009, 15:32   #2
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Neat review HW!

I used to visit the MM service station in Wilson Garden since 1996, but moved away for the past 5 years as I noticed their service quality deteriorating. I know Mr. Vardhan and he has handled most of my services when I used to vist the place.

Congrats on covering 55,000 kms in your Alto. You mention that you have noticed a power drop and a resultant loss of top speed? Perhaps you can tune your engine and decarbonize it to ensure that it is performing at its peak once more.

Isn't it surprising that the mileage that the car delivers is greatly dependent on yoru driving style? I'm sure if you drive with a light(er) foot, you will be able to eke out a few more kms in the city.

Do keep us updated on what you plan to do with your black beauty!

Cheers,
gpa
Old 11th January 2009, 16:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Neat review HW!
Perhaps you can tune your engine and decarbonize it to ensure that it is performing at its peak once more.
I'm sure if you drive with a light(er) foot, you will be able to eke out a few more kms in the city.

Do keep us updated on what you plan to do with your black beauty!
Thanks, GPA.

Decarbonization was done at 20k later at 40k and now at 55k service. I had some clutch work done this time. Guess this might have solved some of the pulling and shruddering problem that had cropped up lately.

And yes, some light footed driving would certainly help.

Planning to get some work done once I am back in India. VJMarvicks's vehicle is an inspiration!

And, for those who might be interested, I have attached the 55k service bill for reference. This has been the most expensive service I have done so far. I just wish I was able to check the vehicle out!

Maruti Alto LXi - 55,000kms review-altobill21.jpg

Maruti Alto LXi - 55,000kms review-altobill22.jpg

Maruti Alto LXi - 55,000kms review-altobill10.jpg

Last edited by HappyWheels : 11th January 2009 at 16:42.
Old 11th January 2009, 16:54   #4
Team-BHP Support

Which surakshaa is this happy wheels? I'm guessing the bomanahalli one on Hosur road.
Old 11th January 2009, 17:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Your guess is right, Vid. The same one.
Old 11th January 2009, 21:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Good write up Happywheels. Alto is definately very good small car. With Michellin tubeless tyres I am so happy with its ride comfort and driving. This time myself and my wife both drove our Alto in many Jungles, that was fun.

Ravi.
Old 31st January 2009, 11:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Drove the vehicle for the 3 days I was in Bangalore earlier this week to check out the service that was done.

First thing that I noticed was that the arm sound, that was present from around 40k has gone. They had change the set. But I still get the sound when I turn the steering fully to the right.

Was told earlier that this requires some work on the steering column itself, but not something I cannot live with. So that sound remains, but only on full right turns.

The battery holder in the engine bay was replaced with a new one. When I had called and checked with the SA I was told that it has corroded and needs to be replaced. But when I checked the piece that I had in the boot (the old parts), found it to be perfectly alright! No idea whats the deal!

Also noticed that they did not do any touch up on the parts / areas just below the battery, where there is some corrosion due to the acid leak. They could have at least done a patch work!

As of now, the vehicle is with my dad at Trichy. Will remain there, giving company to my dad's Estilo, till I get back.
Old 15th March 2009, 07:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

One of my visits to a shopping mall last friday ended up me buying few products for the car. Now, don't ask me why did I buy them now, since I have no idea when I will be back, but did not want to miss these out when I do. I have keep it for later, will surely forget! :(

So here they are:

Maruti Alto LXi - 55,000kms review-100_3231.jpg

1. Dashboard cleaner (500 ML) - S$ 6.89
2. Armor Chamois - S$ 11.8
3. Rain Act - S$ 7.59

Maruti Alto LXi - 55,000kms review-100_3233.jpg

1. 3M Double Sided Tape - S$ 11.55
2. NonSlip Mat - S$ 1.99

The dashboard cleaner since my car badly needs a dash cleaning!

Chamois - not sure if I had done a similar purchase while returning from Dubai and have kept it safe somewhere, but then, I am also sure that wifey might have stated using it for the kitchen!

Rain act - have a very (very) experience with one of these products and always wanted to pick one of these. Not sure if it would have been a better buy back home.

Double side tape - mmm... now to get those overhead light!

Nonslip mat - Nice to have.
Old 15th March 2009, 10:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Now, don't ask me why did I buy them now, since I have no idea when I will be back, but did not want to miss these out when I do. I have keep it for later, will surely forget! :(
No problem. I will ping you in my next visit there
Old 25th April 2009, 16:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

Ok, did another round of shopping. 3 items.

Maruti Alto LXi - 55,000kms review-01.jpg

A swiss knife with knife, screw driver (2 sizes), pliers and can opener.

S$ 7.50

Maruti Alto LXi - 55,000kms review-02.jpg

This is one that I liked. A spray nozzle. Brass. You can adjust the spray to close to an atomizer or a direct stream. Will definitely come in handy and would required less trip to the tap to open & close when washing.

S$ 15.00

Maruti Alto LXi - 55,000kms review-03.jpg

A tire pressure gauge. The pen-type gauge I had previously seems to be very good at hiding from me, back home. So, if not him, this guy. And this fellow is more rigid than that one.

S$ 21.50

Last edited by HappyWheels : 25th April 2009 at 16:20.
Old 25th April 2009, 22:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Good going HappyWheels. I have tried most of the products on cars. This is what I found:

1. In long run car rubbing/polish compound are not worth at all, colour get fadded day by day for any car. I prefer diluted shampoo and chamois rubber cloth to clean the car and also water spray GUN. From last many months I am settled for this formula.

2. I stopped using tyre polish, dashboard spray etc.. as well they are all of no use.

4. Car perfume is well worth product and also rubber chamois cloth.

5. I can see better result when cleaned with plain water using that rubber cloth and vaccum cleaning. I use shampo once in a month. I make my driver clean/wash the car every alternate week apart from quick washing/clean every alternate day.

I noticed incrase in FE in my Alto (10k ODO) these days. Its 22kmpl without AC (70-80kmph speed) and with Ac it is around 20kmph.

We carry lot of luggage and items we shop for our relatives when we visit every time and bring lot of stuffs (all kinds of fruits to every village spl items) from village too while coming as we have huge relative base (minimum 100 families all around.) So everytime we travel Alto will be full of luggage. Its fun loading the stuffs. People getting surprised why I baught Alto after selling Innova where I used to load tons of luggage.

Ravi.
Old 28th August 2010, 21:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

Gave the vehicle for a long pending service today. Odo stands at ~63,000kms. With the arrival of the Safari, the Alto's running has been negligible!

Couple of things that has been highlighted:

- Speedometer cable has decided to die on me! Definitely due to the non usage!

- Rats are back! Noticed some garbage when I was cleaning the vehicle couple of weeks back and a self water spray inside the hood ensure that the check-engine light came up! Today, the SA showed some wirings that have been nibbled at!

- The front right wheel has got itself jammed. This was when I replaced the fully deflated tire with the spare wheel.

- Apart from that, all fluids to be replaced

- SA did a test on the clutch and said that it is fine. Do note that I am still on the original clutch. 65k kms and still strong! Good!

- Asked him to pay special attention to the front axle. Am getting a stress sound when making complete right turns.

Will get the vehicle back tomorrow or day after. Will report back once received.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

Vehicle returned after it spend a full 3 days. Those people took their own sweet time, knowing that I am using the Safari as the daily drive!

As for the service, it was done as per expectation. Vehicle was delivered in mint condition. Very neat!

All issues highlighted have been fixed. The change in the front right wheel's bolt set seems to have messed the alignment. There is a slight pull to the right. Need to get that sort out soon.

Tappet resetting was done and the vehicle was a bit rough initially. Did a 20kms drive yesterday and there is noticeable difference; back to the usual peppy self.

But still, there are signs of aging. Want to do a complete find&replace of all parts that have run their life, but, as I have plans to sell this guy off, I am holding back.

As for the selling decision, a thought now. Had couple of buyers (within friends circle), all first time 4 wheel buyers, and I ended up convincing them for getting a new vehicle! Since I am not in a hurry to dispose the guy, lets see how things turn out.
Old 9th September 2010, 19:58   #14
BHPian

It is very rarely that we see updates on Alto ownership in the forum. When I saw one at last, I jumped on it only to find that you are going to sell it. Anyway, hope you had a good time with the mighty little Alto.
Old 12th September 2010, 23:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

@Aston,

At 63k kms, the little guy has been more than a close companion during the drives. Have a lot of personal memories in it. So, not a happy decision to part with it.

Never know what I might end up doing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks